Jimmy Scmitt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
Who is he, GL mentions him on the dvd commentary?

Ushgarak
As in who is the actor or who is he playing? Jimmy Smits is a notable Hollywood actor and he was playing Bail Organa.

ToMacco
He was in NYPD Blue

finti
yup

Mujaffa
and he died...muhahahaha......slow and pain-full

Captain REX
That's mean, Mujaffa. The only person you should be happy he died is one of those dumbass terrorists...

mah
em..what has this got to do with anything rex. im sure it was a joke and you shouldnt really want the death of anyone

finti
well said Mah

Tex
Smitts only had a little crappy part in AOTC.

KJ
He'll have a bigger role in Ep3.

Julie
yup just you wait

Hypernova
Look forward to it big grin

LanceWindu
Man this is an old thread.

Lyn
Isn't he an Aussie?? Maybe not...I dunno.

LanceWindu
Not that I know.

yerssot
thought he was brittish

LanceWindu
If someone can prove me wrong, please do.

Ushgarak
He was born in Brooklyn.

LanceWindu
I'm right!

Lyn
Oooops...*goes to smack forehead* *pauses* *counts to 10*
laughing

LanceWindu
Don't hit yourself.

You do it, I hit myself.

Hypernova
I know this was an old one! Sorry to bring up old thread :P

BTW Lyn- saw TPM again and I think they only mention Bail of Alderaan. He was the person who was up for nomination against Palpatine when Queen Amidala votes 'no confidence' in the leadership of Valorum (sp?). But I think he had a different last name - not Organa. (Someone correct me if I am wrong!)

PS Cool avatar LanceWindu

Ushgarak
Yes, that was Bail Antilles.

Lyn
Thanx Hypernova....I'll check again next time I watch it!! happy thumb up

LanceWindu
But Bail Antilles isn't the same guy as Jimmy Smitts character.

His character is Bail Organa.

Lyn
Yeah, I know, who was the Antilles guy, was he from Antilles????

LanceWindu
Bail Antilles is from Alderaan as well.

Bail must be a common name there.

Bail Antilles must have some relation to the Captain of the Tantive IV, the ship in ANH that gets boarded by Vader.

yerssot
Bail Antilles
Bail Organa
Wedge Antilles
and Captain Antilles... missed anyone? wink

Lyn
laughing
Bail is popular huh?!

finti
Maybe Bail Antilles and Captain Antilles is the same person, we never learn where Wedge is from though..............................DO NOT BRING IN ANYTHING FROM EU BOOKS

finti
oh and Bail might be a title as well as a name

LanceWindu
I think it's really possible for Bail to be Captain.

Rogue Jedi
probably so...never thought about it til now.

Hypernova
Good thing I don't know anything about or from EU books.

finti
good chap.....ehhhhhhhhhhh girl

Lyn
I read a couple but they were set AFTER ROTJ. So finti you mean with Bail being title...because he's someone of importance??

finti
i dont know. Prince is a title so is primeminister, so why cant Bail be an official tilte or something

yerssot
bail antilles is a senator, I doubt that 22 years later he will be "transformed" into a pilot...
(if he still was a senator at the time, 3PO with his etiquette and protocol should have said "our last owner was senator antilles"wink

imho-oc

LanceWindu
Captain and Pilot are completely different yerss.

A Captain can be anything from an ex-senator to a military person.

And he wouldn't have been a senator in Ep IV anyways, the Republic senate was disbanned. And a senator from the Empire wouldn't have been on the Tantive IV.

finti
the senate got disbanned during ANH even so Leia was a senator representing Alderaan, I dont know how many senator each system have but Anitilles days as senators might be at an end by the time of ANH

Lyn
Yeah, sounds reasonable to me...

So what exactly does Threepio say??

finti
"Our last master was CaptainAntilles, but with what we've been through, this little R2 unit has become a bit eccentric." -C3PO

Hypernova
Well, you never know finti, GL might decide Bail is an official title after all :P

Lyn
Ohhhh ok, thanx finti thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.