X-men vs The Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
The X-men and Fantastic Four have taken opposing views on the Mutant Registration Act that has been set into motion. The crisis has escalated and the mutants have been conducting violent riots. In light of this, the government have decided to detain all mutants "temporarily" to keep the streets safe.

The Fantastic Four have agreed to help enforce the taking in of the mutants.

They arrive at the X-mansion, and the X-men are not letting them take the children without a fight...

Team X-men

1. Wolverine
2. Cyclops
3. Storm
4. Colossus
5. Iceman
6. Kitty Pryde
7. Nightcrawler

Team Fantastic Four

1. Reed Richards
2. Susan Storm
3. Human Torch
4. The Thing

Rules:

- Human Torch cannot go Supernova.

Assumptions:

- Wolverine cannot pierce the Thing's armor easily. But that I mean he can damage him with great effort, but it won't be like slicing butter.

- Wolverine can dice Mr Fantastic.

- Susan cannot perform the "bubble-in-the-brain" ability as she has never shown it.

MightyEInherjar
I wish we saw more of Colossus in the movies, because he should technically be a great fight for the thing. Sadly we didn't really see crap out of him.

Some things we DID see from the X-Men:

- Great Teamwork. While the FF4 have teamwork as well, I believe that the X-Men's constant team training will give them an edge.

- The "Fastball Special." The OP assumption is that Wolverine won't be able to easily cut the Thing, so we'll go with that. However, I think Colossus throwing Wolverine as hard as he can at the Thing will overcome the difficulty.

- Superior Firepower. The FF4's only real ranged threat (albeit a good one) is Johnny. Cyclops, Storm, and Iceman make a great combo, especially with Cyclops' great "accuracy feat" in the first movie.

- Numbers. The X-Men have lots of people to threaten the FF4. Wolverine and Colossus are great close combat threats, Nightcrawler and Kitty have the ability to attack from any angle, and as mentioned above, Cyclops, Storm, and Iceman can engages from a distance.

The X-Men are more than likely going to win this fight. They've got great durability (Sue's shields, The Thing, Mr Fantastic's elasticity), superior intellegence, but they lack the superior tactics and threats of the mutants.

Rogue Jedi
I wonder how much effect Storm's abilities will have on Johnny.

MightyEInherjar
I didn't even think about that. Didn't Johnny get his flames put out by water in one of the movies? Forgive me if I don't remember every second of the first one, it hurt enough to watch it twice.

Placidity
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
I didn't even think about that. Didn't Johnny get his flames put out by water in one of the movies? Forgive me if I don't remember every second of the first one, it hurt enough to watch it twice.

Yea he got put out when he fell into the ocean. However I think if Storm wants to take it to the skies, Torch will smoke her before she can summon anything serious.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Placidity
Yea he got put out when he fell into the ocean. However I think if Storm wants to take it to the skies, Torch will smoke her before she can summon anything serious.
I remember that, I just couldn't remember if he got put out by a fire hydrant or rain, etc. I know BS like that has happened to him in comics.

KingD19
I'm not sure if the X-Men movie game counts as usable, but in the game Iceman had his slides and he was going pretty fast, I think that if he had those, he would be a major threat to Torch. Even without the sleds, he and Kurt could do a nasty hit and run on Torch, keeping him focused on staying lit.

Kazenji
It does'nt.

Rogue Jedi
I was thinking of what effect a lightning bolt would have on the torch.

Robtard
X Men take this, should really be 4 on 4.

jinXed by JaNx
Cyclops and nightcrawler wreck everyone while the rest of the x-men write better scripts for a new movie called "The Uncanny X-men".

Placidity
I see Cyke and Storm going down quickly though.

Darth Martin
From who? Cyclops is a threat to everyone. Storm if the X-Men's big gun here. Susan wasn't impressive in the films. Her best bet would be to go invisible. But Wolverine could pinpoint her and instruct where Cyclops to shoot her at. His optic blasts could take out Torch before he even take's off. It'd also injure Reed. While Torch escapes momentarily from Scott, Storms sees her oppurtunity to create a storm or rain to put Torch out.

X-Men win this.

Placidity
You kinda forgot the part where Susan has shields...

Torch and Thing can take out Cyke and Storm easily. And cmon, lets be serious, up until X3, storm's been an idiot.

KingD19
Sue has shields, but she can only hold them for so much before they give out, Cyclops can just keep his eyes open.

Placidity
But he wouldn't even know where to look since shes invisible.

KingD19
Like Darth said, Logan can be Cyclops pointer.

Placidity
But Wolverine can't pinpoint anyone. He has only shown to detect the presence of people in an area.

MightyEInherjar
Storm making it rain would easily alleviate the stress of having to find invisible adversaries. Cyclops could always shoot the Thing in the eyes to stun him, and every time he recovered Cyclops could shoot him again. Kitty could drag the Thing into the ground ala Juggernaut. I really believe that the Thing is going to be the least difficult for the X-Men team to deal with.

Vengeful Koala
Sue: Her shield is the only thing keeping her team together. Either Kitty phases in and sticks her in a wall, completely invulnerable to any attack the Four could possibly throw at her, or Nightcrawler teleports in and beats the shit out of her. The entire opening scene of X2 is a testament to how superhuman he really is.

Richards: Once Sue goes down, Cyclops or Storm obliterate him with the optic blasts or lightning, respectively, or Iceman freezes him. See FF1 for the effects of cold on Richards.

The Thing: Wolverine and Colossus keep him very much occupied until either Cyclops or Storm could step in to put the hurt on him even more, or Kitty just phases him into the ground.

Johnny: The only people he can actually hurt here are Cyclops and Storm. Kitty phases, Wolverine heals, Colossus just takes it, Nightcrawler teleports, and as we see in X3, Iceman acquits himself rather well against flame attacks. In this case especially, he won't take much from Johnny's attacks; Cyclops or Storm will simply blow him out of the sky if he idles or slows down at all, so he'll probably be limited to distance strafing runs with his fireballs, which won't do much to Iceman at all. Eventually, he gets taken down by the incredible accuracy of one of the two senior X-Men. Cyclops hit Magneto square in the back from somewhere near ground-level when his target was at the top of the Statue of Liberty, and Storm managed to break the wooden beam under Nightcrawler with a bolt of lightning without hurting him. Johnny either keeps his distance until he tires out - does he tire out? - or does something stupid and gets taken down.

This is an insanely lopsided match. Like Robtard said; four on four, and even then just leave Kitty out, as she easily takes three of the FF down by herself.

Placidity
But to be frank, your argument resolves around, the "X-men do this then that", without accounting for what F4 might do. In your whole scenario, the F4 can't manage to bring down one X-men? I don't buy that....

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Vengeful Koala
Sue: Her shield is the only thing keeping her team together. Either Kitty phases in and sticks her in a wall, completely invulnerable to any attack the Four could possibly throw at her, or Nightcrawler teleports in and beats the shit out of her. The entire opening scene of X2 is a testament to how superhuman he really is.

Pissed me off that he wasnt in X3.

KingD19
Cumming wasn't cool with his pay, so they cut him out, and in the tie in game, they said he thought that X-Men lifestyle was too violent and dangerous, so he left.

Rogue Jedi
So get another fecking actor.

Placidity
I was just thinking, NC could take out most of the X-men... except for Colossus and maybe Jean Grey at her peak.

Rogue Jedi
Even Wolvie?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Even Wolvie?

Teleport him over an ocean and drop his ass in, can't imagine Wolverine is very buoyant.

Robtard
I was just thinking, NC could take out most of the X-men... except for Colossus and maybe Jean Grey at her peak.

Xavier with a thought could destroy him, or at least make him think he's a gerbil.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
Teleport him over an ocean and drop his ass in, can't imagine Wolverine is very buoyant.

Dammmmn thats cold...! stick out tongue

Speaking of which..........
Extreme cold is something Id like to see him tested with also.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Dammmmn thats cold...! stick out tongue

Speaking of which..........
Extreme cold is something Id like to see him tested with also.

Stands to reason his healing-factor would keep frostbite and hypothermia at bay, so while he'd probably be slowed down some, I can't imagine it'd take him out.

In the comics, he's been shown walking around the snow with nothing but some short-shorts and I believe he was once trapped under a glacier for an extended period of time and survived by slicing off bits of his forearm (which healed over) for sustenance.

Sadako of Girth
So he ate himself to stay alive...? LOLZ
Well its sounds then like his resistance to natural earth temps is beyond question, then.....

Anyone ever in comics even give him some of the T-1000 liquid nitrogen treatment...?

Robtard
Got to do what you got to do.

Not that I know of.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.... He must've have seen "Alive".

Ah ok, cheers.

Darth Exodus
Most of the X-men can solo, Storm and Nightcrawler being the exceptions as well as Cyclops possibly. Stomp.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Most of the X-men can solo, Storm and Nightcrawler being the exceptions as well as Cyclops possibly. Stomp.
I don't see any X-Men that solo this. On their own, they're going to get tied up, pounded on, and burnt.

Robtard
With the exceptions of Pryde and Nightcrawler, Sue can just bubble and hold any one of them.

Vengeful Koala
With the exceptions of Pryde and Nightcrawler, Sue can just bubble and hold any one of them. Well, Pryde and Nightcrawler could just get in and pull them out.

And I imagine that Sue's power would be be more useful in a support role; correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think she ever demonstrated the ability to create and maintain multiple force fields at once. Assuming she can, then it stands to reason that each one would be comparatively weak, as she's spreading her focus. In that case, I can definitely see someone like Cyclops overwhelming her entirely with his optic blasts.

Take out Nightcrawler, Kitty, and Colossus, and this might be more even.

Robtard
I was going from a 1 X-Man vs. the entire FF team, as that guy above said 'most of them could solo'.

Vengeful Koala
Ah. My mistake.

Utrigita
X-men for the win.

Rogue Jedi
Teleport him over an ocean and drop his ass in, can't imagine Wolverine is very buoyant. You are an evil bastard.

jinXed by JaNx
I know this is off topic but why doesnt Xavier just remove Magnetos' helmet?

jinXed by JaNx
I see Cyke and Storm going down quickly though.

Cyclops is highly underestimated. He isn't the leader of the X-men just because he was the first. His energy source is endless and his accuracy is incredibly precise. The only member of the Fantastic four that might be able to reach Cyclops is, Torch. This is only because Torch can throw fireballs at him and i don't know how Cykes optic blast would affect a fireball. Other attempts would be repelled by his optic blast though. No one could reach him. Depending on the intensity of his blast he could, easily, knock all of the fantastic four out with a single, direct, blast. The Thing may be able to endure a few Blasts but Cyclops could keep him at bay all day long.

Placidity
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Cyclops is highly underestimated. He isn't the leader of the X-men just because he was the first. His energy source is endless and his accuracy is incredibly precise. The only member of the Fantastic four that might be able to reach Cyclops is, Torch. This is only because Torch can throw fireballs at him and i don't know how Cykes optic blast would affect a fireball. Other attempts would be repelled by his optic blast though. No one could reach him. Depending on the intensity of his blast he could, easily, knock all of the fantastic four out with a single, direct, blast. The Thing may be able to endure a few Blasts but Cyclops could keep him at bay all day long.

Torch could reach him.

Thing won't reach him if Cyke keeps blasting him.

Sue could reach him cause of shields + invisibility.

Reed won't reach him.

Placidity
I know this is off topic but why doesnt Xavier just remove Magnetos' helmet?

What do you mean?

jinXed by JaNx
Torch could reach him.

Thing won't reach him if Cyke keeps blasting him.

Sue could reach him cause of shields + invisibility.

Reed won't reach him.

I dont even think Sue could reach him, if he took his visor off. Either way, he still has the rest of the Team working with him. As the Leader, all eyes will be on him and the X-men will follow his lead. They would most likely attack the opponents that He has trouble.

laughing out loud i was just always wondered. In the movies, why didn't Xavier just take mangetos helmet off, using his telekinesis?

Placidity

laughing out loud i was just always wondered. In the movies, why didn't Xavier just take mangetos helmet off, using his telekinesis?

Cause you're mixed up! stick out tongue

Xavier only has telepathy, not telekinesis!

Jean Grey is the one with both.

jinXed by JaNx
Cause you're mixed up! stick out tongue

Xavier only has telepathy, not telekinesis!

Jean Grey is the one with both.

really? I never knew that. I always thought, in the movie, he had both abilities. hmm confused

Well, why didn't Jean ever remove his helmet? That would have saved them a lot of trouble in the first movie.

Placidity
really? I never knew that. I always thought, in the movie, he had both abilities. hmm confused

Well, why didn't Jean ever remove his helmet? That would have saved them a lot of trouble in the first movie.

Well Jean didn't really have a chance in the first movie.

In the Train Station escape scene. Magneto had guns pointed to hostages. If she tried anything, there was a high risk the hostages woud've died.

And then after, Xavier got incapacitated by the corrupted Cerebro. At that point Jean was nowhere near powerful enough to control people, so she could'nt have done anything to Magneto even if she did remove his helmet.

Mairuzu
Yea he got put out when he fell into the ocean. However I think if Storm wants to take it to the skies, Torch will smoke her before she can summon anything serious. thought it was snow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.