The Movies with Powerful Villians then Hero proved best movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

percept
Hi there,

In most of the Asian movies we find the heros or the main actors tend to be tuffer then villain no matter however powerful or qualified a villain may be. So most of such movies doesn't tend to be successful always. But in the case of Hollywood movies, the movie seems to be interesting when Villain is tuffer then the HEROs. There are many movies like Spiderman, Rocky, Predator, Terminator etc..

How many of you agree with me, and feel free to make your comments.

Regards
Percept.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i agree. I think it all comes down to the nation's histories. America came from an underdog story, The little(underestimated) guy always wins. America is a very young nation that hasn't had much time to build a culture or even history.

Asia, on the other hand has a vast and lavish history to be proud of and empires to be respected. They have also gone through different types Governments, that the West doesn't quite understand. I think this all plays a role in their story telling. I'm not sure but i do know, as a writer once said "our history determines the stories we tell".

batmanfan136
Yeah i basicly agree with jinxed. Most people in america love underdogs cause most of them feel like they themselves r underdogs

percept
Hi JaNx,

I think your comments makes a sense. It depends on time and place that builds certain attitude. In western nations, underdog story is more popular, Not only in Western but even liked by Asians, but under dog story performed by western people is more likely to watch rather than asians.

Regards
Percepts

percept
Hi there,
We have seen lots movies where Villains dominate the Hero proved to be the best movie. It would be interesting to find how many such movie with are currently present.

Regards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.