Avenger Candidates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
made this thread to see who ppl think should be given a chance to be an Avenger there are some cool characters that haven't gotten a chance to become an Avenger or had a long enough run as one. everyone has a opinion at one point as who should be let on the team so here's your chance to share.

try not to nominate heroes who have been avengers for long periods of time such as Captain America, Thor, giantman or Ironman.

personally i think nova and moonknight should be givin a shot on a mainstream Avengers team. would also like to see Balder out on his own maybe on an Avengers team.

please share your opinions.

BlackZero30x
Ghost Rider shifty

jk but really I think that Banshee would be kinda kool on the avengers

jalek moye
blackbolt cool

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by jalek moye
blackbolt cool
lol nice!! i mainly picked banshee because you don't really see or hear much about him....i mean you do but not like everyone else ya kno....but yea i do like your decision...although it would suck if he wasn't thinking and yawned in avenger mansion...because their it goes lol

willRules
Well this probably doesn't count but I really want to see Clint back as Hawkeye....

I think if they made the team more international as opposed to just New York then Cap Britain would be a cool choice. Also a really cool but obscure choice would be someone like Sharon Carter now that SHIELD is dead yes Add Darwin from X-men and Sue Storm from the FF and then you've accommodated this to the wide MU.

Throw in a few more predictable members (Cap, Iron-man, Thor, Ms Marvel etc etc) and you've got a fun and interesting team

Newjak
Gladiator

I think it would be cool to finally get him out of the Shi'ar/X-Men universes and more of chance to get some airtime.

Actually if I were making an Avengers team I would finally put together Marvel's JLA

Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Gladiator, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Makkari.

jalek moye
honestly i think gladiatpor works better as a character with out a lot of showings

willRules
Originally posted by Newjak
Gladiator

I think it would be cool to finally get him out of the Shi'ar/X-Men universes and more of chance to get some airtime.

Actually if I were making an Avengers team I would finally put together Marvel's JLA

Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Gladiator, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Makkari.

OK I'm massive Marvel fanboy but I have no idea who Makkari is smile

starlock
Originally posted by willRules
OK I'm massive Marvel fanboy but I have no idea who Makkari is smile

He is an Eternal.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makkari_(comics)

Newjak
Originally posted by jalek moye
honestly i think gladiatpor works better as a character with out a lot of showings Well considering how long he's been in comics, giving him a year or two in the avengers still wouldn't give him a lot of showings. stick out tongue

I just think it would be cool to see him get a little more face time and a little away from being the sole property of the X-verse

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
lol nice!! i mainly picked banshee because you don't really see or hear much about him....

Maybe because he's dead.

Nova or a new member from the Nova Corps should join.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Maybe because he's dead.

Nova or a new member from the Nova Corps should join.

well i guess that would be a good reason...seriously that's something...i know it probably happened along time ago but when? I dont remember reading that......im saddened....i liked banshee.... sad

Raoul
well i guess that would be a good reason...seriously that's something...i know it probably happened along time ago but when? I dont remember reading that......im saddened....i liked banshee.... sad

it was in deadly genesis, iirc.

willRules

Cyclops and Havok's brother, Vulcan crashed the X-jet into Banshee, literally hitting him face on. Wolverine and Nightcrawler found his corpse amongst wreckage

SevenShackles
Beta Ray Bill ! he should be a Avenger. horse-face was on Omega Flight he should be bumped up to the #1 marvel earth team!

Nihilist
Cosmo

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Raoul
it was in deadly genesis, iirc.

Originally posted by willRules
Cyclops and Havok's brother, Vulcan crashed the X-jet into Banshee, literally hitting him face on. Wolverine and Nightcrawler found his corpse amongst wreckage

wow thanx guys that's insane...well now i guess i know....he's still my vote lol at least when hes sitting around in heaven and they asked him how he died it would be like this....

St Peter: did you die saveing the world?!

Banshee: Nope got hit in the face by a plane...

lol

willRules
Originally posted by starlock
He is an Eternal.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makkari_(comics)

Ah Cheers big grin

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Beta Ray Bill ! he should be a Avenger. horse-face was on Omega Flight he should be bumped up to the #1 marvel earth team!

Runaways aren't accepting members

shifty

PRAYERRUN
What about Daredevil?

Digi
Wolverine. He should be on both the New and Mighty Avengers. He needs to be on more teams.

no expression

PRAYERRUN
he was. he was an xman for many years...

Bentley
X-Force, X-men, New Avengers. Even Amadeus Cho mocks his teamability.

-V-
There was a good story written by Jason Aaron (his first on the Wolverine book, he writes Scalped too) wherein it's suggested Wolverine's having something of a "breakdown" and therefore has joined as many teams as possible and goes out every night looking for a fight to burn himself out.

Or something of the like.

It was a pretty good story actually.

ankur29
deadpool , moon knight

-V-
Moon Knight was an Avenger.

Deadpool = NEVER.

I hated his unfunny arse before he got exposed and hate him even more now, showing up every comic book that Marvel puts out these days.

willRules
Originally posted by -V-
There was a good story written by Jason Aaron (his first on the Wolverine book, he writes Scalped too) wherein it's suggested Wolverine's having something of a "breakdown" and therefore has joined as many teams as possible and goes out every night looking for a fight to burn himself out.

Or something of the like.

It was a pretty good story actually.

I love it when writer's explore the psychology behind Logan, (such as Origin) instead of just constantly throwing him into an all out battle. One of the best Wolverine issues is (vol 3 #75 I think????) when he has a near death experience, meets his oldest girlfriend, Rose, but mistakes her for Jean Grey. She explains to Logan that he was happiest with the X-men because deep down he's just a little boy looking for his family, which is what the X-men provided.

It'd be great if the writers build upon that by suggesting that his role on many teams, is not simply reader popularity but an extension of a deep psychological need for acceptance from a group he subconsciously perceives as his family......

....well that or he doesn't fight enough villains on one team sad

-V-
Yeah, I read that, good run around that time with the Mr.X, The Vault, Mauvis, Shiverman and Weapon X stuff. That story (atleast the Rose stuff) has been retconned now because apparently Logan has to fight Azrael everytime he 'dies'.

Darth Jello
The only way that DD would join is if his identity was totally exposed and he didn't have a way to squirm out of it again. I would like to see Mutant Zero/Typhoid as a full blown avenger assuming she gets her marbles back together. There have been glimpses of heroics from her true personality and potential when she's not a crazy, misandrist mass murderer. Also the seldom-seen Santerians may be cool.

Warlord
Blue Marvel

SevenShackles
Originally posted by -V-
Moon Knight was an Avenger.

Deadpool = NEVER.

I hated his unfunny arse before he got exposed and hate him even more now, showing up every comic book that Marvel puts out these days.

yeahh moon knight was an avenger but not that long standing when compaired to uhh.. captain america and the such. i think she should be given another shot. he has as of late more possibility and sure he is a little crazy but if sentry can be a member so can moon knight!

hummm....moon knight+ sentry = crazy batman/crazy superman teamup parody? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.