MK vs DC compared to Street Fighter 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Wil
MK vs DC against Street Fighter 4. Which is all out the better fighting game?

Quincy
MK vs DC is easier. But Street Fighter 4 has the better graphics, the nostolgia, and the satisfaction of beating someone because you are actually better than them.

Sonic Boom Bitches.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Quincy
MK vs DC is easier. But Street Fighter 4 has the better graphics, the nostolgia, and the satisfaction of beating someone because you are actually better than them.

Sonic Boom Bitches.
street fighter 4 has more stylish graphics. But mk vs dc has better graphics.

Zack Fair
This is spite.

SF4 ROFLCOPTER stomps.

Neo Darkhalen
Street Fighter 4 is good
MK vs DC isn't their you go that's the difference.

I-Drop
SF4

Ridley_Prime

Sonic Boom Bitches.
Yep, and even if that weren't the case, MKvsDC has Dark Khan, so SFIV would still win by default.

Mairuzu
I haven't even played street fighter 4, ive played MK vs DC Though

SF4 wins

SaTsuJiN
MK vs DC is the best MK I've played to date since 3 completely ruined it

but SFIV just has far more depth and is more polished... midway is unable to patch MKvDC anymore since they're no longer around... so it cant become any better than what it already is.. which , while its a fun fighter, just winds up being a shell of what it could have been

Quincy
But props to having a fighting game with Batman.

edit: Un-props. I just remembered they left Johnny Cage out of that game.

Those assholes.

ThunderGodEneru
But props to having a fighting game with Batman.

edit: Un-props. I just remembered they left Johnny Cage out of that game.

Those assholes. Best move made in the game.

I have not even played SFIV, and I say it is better.

Magee
MK vs DC is easier. But Street Fighter 4 has the better graphics The way the faces are makes half the characters look retarded, especially Ryu.

I bought sf4 and took it back 2 days later just found it really boring, same old thing with updated graphics. I enjoyed MK vs DC a lot more than I did SF4.

Nemesis X
MK vs DC compared to Street Fighter 4? That's the biggest load of bull**** I've ever heard. SF4 is more entertaining. How you can compare that piece of Midway trash with Capcom's awesome fighting game is beyond me. You have caused a disturbance Wil.

Yoshi Paradise
I enjoyed "Street Fighter IV" much more, and I believe it's the better game.

"MK vs DC" would've had a better chance if it didn't have the pathetic excuse of certain characters being erased from existence because of Dark Kahn.

Smasandian
Played both, and Street Fighter 4 is clearly better.

MK vs DC was absolute shit.

Scythe
Haha, funny thread is funny! Street Fighter haunts my nightmares because it asks me to learn everything about every fighter and have more half-drunken matches full of comedy and win! So if I had to choose between two turds, I'd choose the Street Fighter IV flavored/scented one.

FistOfThe North
a good thread but wow. sf4's good but I love my baby mk vs dc even though I just traded it infor sf4 2 days ago cause i've done everything there is to do in it..on one player mode, on "live" and on vs, 2 player mode dozens of friends.

I find sf4 to be too hyper. too fast, where mk vs dc had a more realistic flow. realistic graphics too..

to me it's the best mk outta the series even though it's not an official mk game..(i can't wait for MK8 next year and the new MK movie..hope it's not like pt. 2)

but other than sf4 being kinda too fast moving I like it so far. I love the water color graphics and the simplistic anime humour and quotes in it and the over the top announcer. the game reminds me purely of an arcade game you'd literally play at the arcade more than anything else cause of it's feel.

I picked even.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Scythe
Haha, funny thread is funny! Street Fighter haunts my nightmares because it asks me to learn everything about every fighter and have more half-drunken matches full of comedy and win!.

Street Fighter asked you to do that learn all moves for the characters??

did'nt do that for me when i played it i just press buttons if i get a character i don't know much about when i do the random selection and sometimes i do win.

Ultimate Wil
I have played MC vs DC and I will say The Joker is the best character for me, and for SF4 it's Ken, but I haven't played SF4 yet, although everyone loves it so far. Also, MC vs DC needs more characters, like 20 on each side, not 20 total. I will say SF4 just because it probably is better than MC vs DC.

Zack Fair
I want to shoot SF4's announcer.

I-Drop
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
I enjoyed "Street Fighter IV" much more, and I believe it's the better game.

"MK vs DC" would've had a better chance if it didn't have the pathetic excuse of certain characters being erased from existence because of Dark Kahn. Ditto. The only characters who got what they deserved were Aquaman & Robin.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
Street Fighter asked you to do that learn all moves for the characters??

did'nt do that for me when i played it i just press buttons if i get a character i don't know much about when i do the random selection and sometimes i do win.

I mean in the sense that it calls me to be great with every character, not literally. I suck with Blanka, but everytime I play SF 4 I wanna kick ass with him, so I find myself practicing more and more with him, ya know?

TricksterPriest
Some people call that the mark of a good game.

No MK game in existence has the mechanics, balance or sheer gameplay of Street Fighter. SNK's KOF series was the only thing that came close.

SaTsuJiN
and that only being the case because any given KoF will have double the character amount of a street fighter game

Zack Fair
I mean in the sense that it calls me to be great with every character, not literally. I suck with Blanka, but everytime I play SF 4 I wanna kick ass with him, so I find myself practicing more and more with him, ya know?

Same here. I want to at least learn basic/intermediate strats for most of the characters(except a select few I don't like)

That is why I always play player matches. For starters we can get rematches, and we can select any char we want.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
MK vs DC compared to Street Fighter 4? That's the biggest load of bull**** I've ever heard. SF4 is more entertaining. How you can compare that piece of Midway trash with Capcom's awesome fighting game is beyond me. You have caused a disturbance Wil.
Has MKvsDC's super duper unique/original plotline taught you nothing? Don't give into the rage Nemesis!! It can be overcome!

Scythe
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Same here. I want to at least learn basic/intermediate strats for most of the characters(except a select few I don't like)

That is why I always play player matches. For starters we can get rematches, and we can select any char we want.

Yeah man, the way a good game should be.

I trained hardcore to be kick ass at Super Smash Brothers Brawl, only to receive a big F.U. from players who only want to play one on one, at Final Destination, no items and no smash ball specials. Basically, everything that makes SSBB great is not present for these supposed hardcore fighting matches. N-no... It doesn't work like that for me. . .

Ridley_Prime
Yeah man, the way a good game should be.

I trained hardcore to be kick ass at Super Smash Brothers Brawl, only to receive a big F.U. from players who only want to play one on one, at Final Destination, no items and no smash ball specials. Basically, everything that makes SSBB great is not present for these supposed hardcore fighting matches. N-no... It doesn't work like that for me. . .
lol Tourneyfags.

SmashBro
Honestly, I think MKvsDC is the overall better game. Sure SF4 is more balanced and have some depth but MKvsDC seems to deliver more with the Klose Kombat, FreeFall, Test Your Might, and Rage, which makes it more fun and entertaining. Plus, I always like MK's variety of the moves way better when compared to SF. I also like how they handled the graphics too. Not saying SF4 didn't have good graphics but man, did they have to make some of the characters look so weird?

Oh and Ridley, I find it funny you're still complaining about Dark Kahn when SF4 got Seth.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SmashBro
Oh and Ridley, I find it funny you're still complaining about Dark Kahn when SF4 got Seth.
I was merely pointing him out for the lolz. Just a catch phrase of mine/inside thing. Don't worry about it.

But you got a point about Seth I'll admit. That said... what is it with today's bosses?

Scythe
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
lol Tourneyfags.

I know! It gets annoying. Granted the fan is like the cheapest item on SSBB, but that's what makes it, you know. . . SSBB. . .

SmashBro
I was merely pointing him out for the lolz. Just a catch phrase of mine/inside thing. Don't worry about it.

I figured you were. That's why I found it funny.

But you got a point about Seth I'll admit. That said... what is it with today's bosses?

I don't know. But I like the concept of fused characters though. Sometimes, to me, that's the only solution.

Zack Fair
Seth sucks donkey dick.

Gill looked gay, but at least he was original.

Ridley_Prime
I know! It gets annoying. Granted the fan is like the cheapest item on SSBB, but that's what makes it, you know. . . SSBB. . .
lol Yeah. I remember facing some user here (forgot which one) and I like backed him into a corner on the Isle Delfino level, kept smacking him with a Paper Fan, and he quit the match eventually.

I figured you were. That's why I found it funny.

I don't know. But I like the concept of fused characters though. Sometimes, to me, that's the only solution.
Fair enough, I guess. stick out tongue Dunno about the "only solution" part though, but to each his own.

SmashBro
Well, with "the only solution part", sometimes it's more exciting to see the good guys fight one villain that's behind it all instead of two and I think fusing Darkseid and Shao Kahn was the only way. That's why I really don't have a problem with it.

I-Drop
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

No MK game in existence has the mechanics, balance or sheer gameplay of Street Fighter. SNK's KOF series was the only thing that came close. Pretty muchOriginally posted by SaTsuJiN
and that only being the case because any given KoF will have double the character amount of a street fighter game Ditto. SNK's always been good w/rosters, that's why SVC was such a letdown. They had like 3 characters. Who fuked that one up?!

SaTsuJiN
lol Tourneyfags.

Not everyone wants random events, in a situation where skill is warranted

when people play serious.. they want something more like

combo's.. trap setting.. edge guarding.. sweet spotting.. all the stuff thats 100% under control of both players

not

oops.. I threw a pokeball down and got a legendary pokemon

oh well.. I'll just use this final smash ball and get a free KO

rofflecakes, I tripped and got ran over by F-zero cars

theres a clear difference between a fun and a serious match.. and fighting game fans know this already

StyleTime

No MK game in existence has the mechanics, balance or sheer gameplay of Street Fighter. SNK's KOF series was the only thing that came close.

Balanced? Have played 3rd Strike my friend?

Gill is banned from competitive play.

Chun Li, Ken, or Yun could like...solo the rest of the cast in gameplay.

Quincy
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

combo's.. trap setting.. edge guarding.. sweet spotting.. all the stuff thats 100% under control of both players

not

theres a clear difference between a fun and a serious match.. and fighting game fans know this already

You can trap people with items. Just look at the mine or the pitfall. Why can't I use my palutena bow to knock a barrel towards my opponent? Because it takes no skill?

You know if you were a skilled player, you could just catch a pokeball. Or beat someone to the smash ball if only you were able to maneuver better.

Tripping into f-zero cars means you have no skill. Not that it's cheap because such hazards exist.

jalek moye

not

a fighting game fan should like the games for what they are or just stick don't play games that have more to it. without all the extra crap smash bros isn't anywhere near as entertaining.

Ridley_Prime
Well, with "the only solution part", sometimes it's more exciting to see the good guys fight one villain that's behind it all instead of two
This is true, but that doesn't mean the said villain has to be a merger of 2 different characters.

and I think fusing Darkseid and Shao Kahn was the only way. That's why I really don't have a problem with it.
Mortal Kombat Deception only had one actual villain (Onaga), and he wasn't a fused being, so don't give me that. stick out tongue

not

Yes. I'm well aware of how competitive Smash/fighting works. In fact, I usually prefer no items myself, but if someone has them turned on (which I usually never do), I blend to it as well instead of quitting the match or whatever. Still fun regardless.
Hell, I generally prefer Final Destination like most do as well because of the even/fair ground, but have gotten tired of it by now and tend to do Smashville and other similar stages instead. If you just keep doin' the same stuff over and over (no items, Fox only, Final Destination!), Smash Bros. isn't anywhere near as entertaining, as jalek put it. A thing called variety.

Quincy
Yes. I'm well aware of how competitive Smash/fighting works. In fact, I usually prefer no items myself, but if someone has them turned on (which I usually never do), I blend to it as well instead of quitting the match or whatever. Still fun regardless.
Hell, I generally prefer Final Destination like most do as well because of the even/fair ground, but have gotten tired of it by now and tend to do Smashville and other similar stages instead. If you just keep doin' the same stuff over and over (no items, Fox only, Final Destination!), Smash Bros. isn't anywhere near as entertaining, as jalek put it. A thing called variety.

Hell yes for Smashville. Also the battlefield!

Ridley_Prime
Oh yeah. How could I forget Battlefield? *smacks head*

StyleTime
Originally posted by jalek moye
a fighting game fan should like the games for what they are or just stick don't play games that have more to it.
He said fighting game fans know the difference between a competitive match and a casual match. What are you talking about here?
without all the extra crap smash bros isn't anywhere near as entertaining.
...unless you're interested in actual competition level play.
You can trap people with items. Just look at the mine or the pitfall. Why can't I use my palutena bow to knock a barrel towards my opponent? Because it takes no skill?
I don't think those were the traps he was talking about.
You know if you were a skilled player, you could just catch a pokeball. Or beat someone to the smash ball if only you were able to maneuver better.
Unless of course, the item landed right next to the player and you're not in a position to fetch it.

The point of competitive play is to provide the best setting to determine the more skilled player. To do this, you must first remove as much "luck" from the match as possible. With items, wacky levels, etc enabled, the match's outcome has too many variables to actually determine the more skilled combatant. He's not saying something is "cheap." However, having a random godsend item land next to you gives you an advantage the other player did not have. Competitive rules generally try to avoid such situations by restricting items, levels, glitches, and sometimes even certain characters.

I am who I am
Originally posted by StyleTime
Balanced? Have played 3rd Strike my friend?

Gill is banned from competitive play.

Chun Li, Ken, or Yun could like...solo the rest of the cast in gameplay. No...

And Gill is the boss.

Ridley_Prime
Competitive rules generally try to avoid such situations by restricting items, levels, glitches, and sometimes even certain characters.
No Meta Knight FTW.
Seriously.

Scythe

not

I understand that, and respect that, which is why I play SSBB competitively every now and then, but it bores me. I have skill to take on serious tourney players and enough skill to take on anyone with items on high. My win ratio down here with ir without items is around 90%, every now and then some awesome players kick my ass, but the items make SSBB fun! They're what make it silly and set apart from Tekken, Street Fighter, and Soul Calibur.

TricksterPriest
Smash without items is like Power Stone without items. It just lacks.....something.

I do HOWEVER entirely agree that the fan needs to be banned. thumb down you can argue that the smash ball is problematic, but part of the game is analyzing the battlefield and taking advantage of hazards and paraphenalia.

Quincy
He said fighting game fans know the difference between a competitive match and a casual match. What are you talking about here?

...unless you're interested in actual competition level play.

I don't think those were the traps he was talking about.

Unless of course, the item landed right next to the player and you're not in a position to fetch it.

The point of competitive play is to provide the best setting to determine the more skilled player. To do this, you must first remove as much "luck" from the match as possible. With items, wacky levels, etc enabled, the match's outcome has too many variables to actually determine the more skilled combatant. He's not saying something is "cheap." However, having a random godsend item land next to you gives you an advantage the other player did not have. Competitive rules generally try to avoid such situations by restricting items, levels, glitches, and sometimes even certain characters.

This sounds reasonable ^

I understand that, and respect that, which is why I play SSBB competitively every now and then, but it bores me. I have skill to take on serious tourney players and enough skill to take on anyone with items on high. My win ratio down here with ir without items is around 90%, every now and then some awesome players kick my ass, but the items make SSBB fun! They're what make it silly and set apart from Tekken, Street Fighter, and Soul Calibur.

I like this one too ^

StyleTime
Originally posted by I am who I am
No...

And Gill is the boss.
To what are you saying "no?"

This has nothing to do with anything. A character's viability in competition is not determined by his status as "boss" or not. Off the top of my head, here a few examples of bosses allowed under competition rules.

Seth, Akuma, M. Bison of Street Fighter
Rugal of King of Fighters
Angelia of Arcana Heart 2

The main concern is whether or not the boss actually has abilities that make him nigh or completely impossible to beat at a high level of play. For example, Tengu was banned in Dead or Alive 2, but he is playable in Dead or Alive 4. Why? His gamebreaking advantages were removed under DOA4's new system. It does not matter if he is a boss.

You must remember, a character's power in canon rarely affects that character's abilities in gameplay. Chun Li, Ken, and Yun are widely considered the top 3 of Street Fighter 3rd Strike despite where they stand in the actual narrative.
No Meta Knight FTW.
Seriously.
He is definitely a step above the rest of the cast.
This sounds reasonable ^

I like this one too ^
Fair enough. Also, I think some of you misunderstand me and some others. If you like playing with all items or stages enabled, go for it. You're the one playing and you should enjoy yourself.

I was merely explaining why certain things are not and should not be allowed in official competition.

TricksterPriest

All of these guys are toned down in their playable forms from their boss forms.

Gill is not. no expression Seth and Gouki have crap stamina to compensate for their power. Dictator is just badass, he doens't need a nerf. Unless we're talking Shin Dictator, who isn't playable anyways.

Rugal on the other hand...... Only some of his forms are legal. Omega Rugal is almost always banned. God Rugal would be banned if his health wasn't shit.

I am who I am
To what are you saying "no?"

This has nothing to do with anything. A character's viability in competition is not determined by his status as "boss" or not. Off the top of my head, here a few examples of bosses allowed under competition rules.

Angelia of Arcana Heart 2

The main concern is whether or not the boss actually has abilities that make him nigh or completely impossible to beat at a high level of play. For example, Tengu was banned in Dead or Alive 2, but he is playable in Dead or Alive 4. Why? His gamebreaking advantages were removed under DOA4's new system. It does not matter if he is a boss.

You must remember, a character's power in canon rarely affects that character's abilities in gameplay. Chun Li, Ken, and Yun are widely considered the top 3 of Street Fighter 3rd Strike despite where they stand in the actual narrative.
I am sayin' no, that the game is actually balanced.

Gill is not selectable in the arcade version. And he was not tonned down on purpose. You can't take the boss of the game as the only example of unbalanced charcters and then call the entire game unbalanced. You can't even pick the guy on X-Box Live, even if you unlocked'im.

You speak as if I didn't know that. Ken, Chun Li and Yun are the "Strongest" as in, they have the highest dealin' damage potentail. They are not the best. I would love to see who said they were. The SFEC states exactly word for word, this.....

"...This ranking adresses power of attacks and special attack techniques.

For general, overall strenght, Ken, Chun Li and Yun are the three characters that stand out. With solid normal attacks and easy-to-use Super Arts, Ken's potential is strong. With his ability to preform powerful target combos he is a well-balanced character. Chun Li has very good normal attacks excellent mobility. Yun's Super Arts are quite strong and the Geneijin move can deal a lot damage in a short time...."

The fact that anyone could parry and parry the same way pretty much evened er body out.

StyleTime

All of these guys are toned down in their playable forms from their boss forms.

Gill is not. no expression Seth and Gouki have crap stamina to compensate for their power. Dictator is just badass, he doens't need a nerf. Unless we're talking Shin Dictator, who isn't playable anyways.

Rugal on the other hand...... Only some of his forms are legal. Omega Rugal is almost always banned. God Rugal would be banned if his health wasn't shit.
I'm pretty positive they weren't toned down unless you have the frame data/damage charts/etc to show otherwise. In addition to the other bosses I named, there are still several who are playable in competition. I won't list them all right now since this is quite irrelevant.

...Your post actually agrees with me. A character's status as "boss" isn't enough to get him banned. If a character does not hold some massive advantage in game play over the other characters, said character will not be excluded from competitive play just because he is the last person you fight in story mode.

Do you see what I'm saying here?
Gill is not selectable in the arcade version. And he was not tonned down on purpose. You can't take the boss of the game as the only example of unbalanced charcters and then call the entire game unbalanced. You can't even pick the guy on X-Box Live, even if you unlocked'im.

You speak as if I didn't know that. Ken, Chun Li and Yun are the "Strongest" as in, they have the highest dealin' damage potentail. They are not the best. I would love to see who said they were. The SFEC states exactly word for word, this.....

"...This ranking adresses power of attacks and special attack techniques.

For general, overall strenght, Ken, Chun Li and Yun are the three characters that stand out. With solid normal attacks and easy-to-use Super Arts, Ken's potential is strong. With his ability to preform powerful target combos he is a well-balanced character. Chun Li has very good normal attacks excellent mobility. Yun's Super Arts are quite strong and the Geneijin move can deal a lot damage in a short time...."

The fact that anyone could parry and parry the same way pretty much evened er body out.
You're right. I forgot Gill is not playable in arcades. Despite this, my point still stands. Gill was not banned because of his boss status. I also didn't list him as the only unbalanced character.

That's the thing. Being "strongest" is what goes into the their ranking at the top of the accepted tier list for that game. Of course, ease of combo performance, difficulty, speed, and other factors go into it. In fact, you go on to list reasons why they sit at the top yourself. As for who said this, again this all the general consensus of the fighting game, specifically the 3rd Strike, community. If you want, I guess I could direct you to the numerous websites, tournaments, and players who claim this. I don't think its necessary though. It's really common knowledge now.

Parries help, but you forget one, crucial thing. In addition to their already great abilities, the big three of 3rd Strike can also parry. These characters have access to same game mechanics everyone else has, but they also access to their own abilities which are superior to most of the cast. They have very few bad match ups in the game. Chun Li doesn't have any bad match ups if I recall correctly. These guys generally dominate at the highest levels of play. I don't want to get into too technical a discussion though, so I'll make a brief and broad comparison here. I'll use Sean and Ken of 3rd Strike and Saki and Heart of Arcana Heart. Sean is generally considered one of the worst characters in the game even though he actually has many of the same options his top tier counterpart Ken has in a match. The difference is that Ken's moves are faster and he can potentially deal much more damage with less effort. At any given instance in a match, Ken has a much easier gaining dealing a larger amount of damage than Sean will in the same instance. As a result, Sean must work far, far harder to gain even less damage than Ken would have in that same position. It's things like this that unbalance the game.

Take Arcana Heart on the other hand. Heart and Saki share many similarities. Although Heart is generally considered a small step above Saki, the difference is not as hopeless as Sean and Ken. Both girls have EXCELLENT supers that lead into damaging combos and have insane priority. They are about the same speed. Saki's mixup game on wakeup with the lightning super in the corner is just as viable as her higher tier counterpart Heart. They both have nice rushdown abilities since they can clash easily with oncoming attacks and again lead into damaging combos. All of this combined with their relatively low execution barriers enables both to have legitimate chances at winning even at the highest levels of play.

I hope this clears it up a bit. I don't mean that the other characters can't win at all in 3rd Strike obviously. The gap is just larger between these characters and the rest of the cast when compared to a more balanced game like Arcana Heart FULL.

SaTsuJiN

Tripping into f-zero cars means you have no skill. Not that it's cheap because such hazards exist.

-Thats not the kind of trap I was talking about... I mean for example
with snake, downsmash landmine one side of the stage, C4 the other, and start chuckin grenades to threaten the enemies spacing

-Right.. what skilled player actually throws them at someone?.. you throw them to the ground to get the legendary out immediately, causing instant pwn with no skill

-Tripping is a random event.. you can trip right into them with no way to give yourself immune frames to avoid them.. have you ever tripped into someones smash?.. same shit

I dont see how you can talk about skill when you're not interested in competitive level play

a fighting game fan should like the games for what they are or just stick don't play games that have more to it. without all the extra crap smash bros isn't anywhere near as entertaining.

In your opinion.. smash is absolutely amazing with its core gameplay, which you , as a pro-randomness player are ignoring by focusing your tactics on items, with a very slight emphasis on what your character is actually capable of.. I find that to be more watered down than anything...

is any of this really on topic? lol

Ridley_Prime
-Tripping is a random event.. you can trip right into them with no way to give yourself immune frames to avoid them.. have you ever tripped into someones smash?.. same shit
ugh I hate that feature. Always have, always will. Even when it's the opponent who trips, it doesn't feel like an actual victory when I KO/Warlock Punch them (more like a technicality). I suppose tripping was added to give casual gamers somewhat of an advantage against the more experienced players, but it still sucks for those who play seriously. They should've had an option to turn it on/off... among other things.

Blame whoever brought up Smash Bros. in this thread first. stick out tongue

StyleTime
What? This thread isn't about Super Smash Bros and Street Fighter 3rd Strike?
ugh I hate that feature. Always have, always will. Even when it's the opponent who trips, it doesn't feel like an actual victory when I KO/Warlock Punch them (more like a technicality). I suppose tripping was added to give casual gamers somewhat of an advantage against the more experienced players, but it still sucks for those who play seriously. They should've had an option to turn it on/off... among other things.
I remember reading that the creators deliberately included events like tripping to keep Smash Bros from actually being played competitively. It somewhat makes sense when you consider the inherent randomness and party nature of the game.

SaTsuJiN
What? This thread isn't about Super Smash Bros and Street Fighter 3rd Strike?

I remember reading that the creators deliberately included events like tripping to keep Smash Bros from actually being played competitively. It somewhat makes sense when you consider the inherent randomness and party nature of the game.

- lol.. speaking of game balance.. what do you think of the balance in SFIV? cool

- yeah.. sakurai had a "wryyyyyyyyy!!!!" moment when he found out melee was played in tournaments, and then concocted brawl to be his tourney-damning test tube baby

Scythe
So I've started actively participating in SF 4 tourneys down here in So. Cal. Oh my god! It's begun! The stupidity!! I've been to four tourneys already that don't allow Ultras, they say it makes things fair. I tried arguing with them, but I can't win in an entire store full of mules and jackasses.

I am who I am

You're right. I forgot Gill is not playable in arcades. Despite this, my point still stands. Gill was not banned because of his boss status. I also didn't list him as the only unbalanced character.

That's the thing. Being "strongest" is what goes into the their ranking at the top of the accepted tier list for that game. Of course, ease of combo performance, difficulty, speed, and other factors go into it. In fact, you go on to list reasons why they sit at the top yourself. As for who said this, again this all the general consensus of the fighting game, specifically the 3rd Strike, community. If you want, I guess I could direct you to the numerous websites, tournaments, and players who claim this. I don't think its necessary though. It's really common knowledge now.

Parries help, but you forget one, crucial thing. In addition to their already great abilities, the big three of 3rd Strike can also parry. These characters have access to same game mechanics everyone else has, but they also access to their own abilities which are superior to most of the cast. They have very few bad match ups in the game. Chun Li doesn't have any bad match ups if I recall correctly. These guys generally dominate at the highest levels of play. I don't want to get into too technical a discussion though, so I'll make a brief and broad comparison here. I'll use Sean and Ken of 3rd Strike and Saki and Heart of Arcana Heart. Sean is generally considered one of the worst characters in the game even though he actually has many of the same options his top tier counterpart Ken has in a match. The difference is that Ken's moves are faster and he can potentially deal much more damage with less effort. At any given instance in a match, Ken has a much easier gaining dealing a larger amount of damage than Sean will in the same instance. As a result, Sean must work far, far harder to gain even less damage than Ken would have in that same position. It's things like this that unbalance the game.

Take Arcana Heart on the other hand. Heart and Saki share many similarities. Although Heart is generally considered a small step above Saki, the difference is not as hopeless as Sean and Ken. Both girls have EXCELLENT supers that lead into damaging combos and have insane priority. They are about the same speed. Saki's mixup game on wakeup with the lightning super in the corner is just as viable as her higher tier counterpart Heart. They both have nice rushdown abilities since they can clash easily with oncoming attacks and again lead into damaging combos. All of this combined with their relatively low execution barriers enables both to have legitimate chances at winning even at the highest levels of play.

I hope this clears it up a bit. I don't mean that the other characters can't win at all in 3rd Strike obviously. The gap is just larger between these characters and the rest of the cast when compared to a more balanced game like Arcana Heart FULL.

I'm sayin' cuz Gill is the boss he is better. The bosses usually are. Cuz you can't pick Gill unless you have the home version I think the balance is really good. And Gill is not unstoppable, cuz of his Resurrection you can get grades like MSF+ on the guy.

And as for the Ken VS Sean scenario. Ken can deal more damage easier, yes, But the match is not all about damage and I'm glad you used Sean cuz that's my ace in the whole.
1. 2 of Sean's super gauges are smaller than Ken's. Sean's Shoryu-Canon and Hyper Tornado do as much damage as a Shinryuken and dwarfs all of Ken's other.
2. Ken has almost no defensive game, Sean is all defense, it is even stated that compared to Ken, Sean, and I quote is "unbeatable at mid-range". Sean can literally slow the match and grab the hell outta Ken with Sean Tackles er time Ken misses a move cuz his recovery is not that great..
3. Now yes, most of Seans other moves except Dargon Smash are far less useful then Ken's but unlike ken, "Sean shines through with EXs". Kens EXs are just beefed up versions of his regular specials, Sean's on the other hand serve completely different purposes that make his moves far less risky.

The game is not "unbalanced' if some characters are easier to use. Every FG has a tier list. Ken, Chun Li, and Yun are not unbeatable, they are just the easiest for noobs to win with. That doesn't make them unbalanced. You spoke up 3rd Strike like it was horribly unbalanced. Anyone can win wit anyone was my point. And the top 3 characters peeps ACTUALLY use to win is Urien, Chun Li, and Akuma and If you want, I can show why. Unbalanced is when some characters in a game can easily beat any other character in the game. Not when the top 3 characters are easier to use and deal more damage then the others when casuals play the game. Ken, Chun Li, and Yun are top tier, not unbalanced. A skilled Ken wont easily if not at all smash as skilled Sean.

And o'course Arcana Heart FULL is more balanced than 3rd Strike (still sucks compared to 3rd Strike and most other fighters. It is THE BALANCED VERSION of a HORRIBLY unbalanced game. Like SFII CE and Super SFII Turbo, you can fix a game when you remake it. Saki VS Heart scenario is not THAT much better than the Ken VS Sean. Ken VS Sean is not that bad, in the SFEC they actually compare the 2 purposely. Sean in not THAT bad a character. True he's harder to learn and use effectively but Sean won't be stomped by anyone. You took 2 good characters in AH (The Ryu and Ken of AH) and compared it to the top tier characters of 3rd Strike VS the Joke character of 3rd Strike. That doesn't make sense. It would have been better to use Ryu and Ken to compare to a Ryu and Ken of another game, you see.

I can think of some bad match ups from AH like Konoha VS Kira and compare it to a good match up in 3rd Strike like Yun VS Chun Li.

SaTsuJiN
So I've started actively participating in SF 4 tourneys down here in So. Cal. Oh my god! It's begun! The stupidity!! I've been to four tourneys already that don't allow Ultras, they say it makes things fair. I tried arguing with them, but I can't win in an entire store full of mules and jackasses. the ultras are fair.. you just have to know which ones are crap and which are good

Zack Fair
So I've started actively participating in SF 4 tourneys down here in So. Cal. Oh my god! It's begun! The stupidity!! I've been to four tourneys already that don't allow Ultras, they say it makes things fair. I tried arguing with them, but I can't win in an entire store full of mules and jackasses.

Ultras are fair. They are just being childish.

Scythe
the ultras are fair.. you just have to know which ones are crap and which are good

Ultras are fair. They are just being childish.

That's my f*ckin' argument, but they've chosen to look past it. I just gave up. My patience was extremely pushed when I let loose an Ultra with Ryu that took out my opponent, only to hear that it didn't count cuz at the last minute Ultras were allowed, but then they were taken out at the last second. That's some mo' bullshit right there. I left.

I am who I am
'Think it's kinda weak that peeps would outlaw Ultras...noobs.

StyleTime

StyleTime
- lol.. speaking of game balance.. what do you think of the balance in SFIV? cool

- yeah.. sakurai had a "wryyyyyyyyy!!!!" moment when he found out melee was played in tournaments, and then concocted brawl to be his tourney-damning test tube baby
It may be too early to tell. Plus, I don't have the game. I've never been a huge Street Fighter fan. I have played it though. Between that and what I've seen at tournaments, I think these characters are looking pretty good: Sagat, Ryu, Bison, Viper, Zangief.
That's my f*ckin' argument, but they've chosen to look past it. I just gave up. My patience was extremely pushed when I let loose an Ultra with Ryu that took out my opponent, only to hear that it didn't count cuz at the last minute Ultras were allowed, but then they were taken out at the last second. That's some mo' bullshit right there. I left.
Yeah, I haven't heard of anything acually banned in tournament play yet. There was some misinformation given out at a tournament near me and they banned Seth, Gouken, and Akuma, but that was fixed before the event.

I am who I am, I couldn't attach this file to my last post so I had to host it. Here's the link that corresponds to the stuff from my post.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13119332/Tournament-Numbers

Nemesis X
The only way these two games connect is their crappy bosses.

TricksterPriest
Seth, Gouken and Gouki do not deserve a ban. The only one who might be debatable is Gouken, and that remains to be seen.

Gouki&Seth have the severe stamina deficit to make up for their extreme power. Not to mention the SGS is harder to use in this game, and Seth's Tanden Storm doens't actually do that much damage in comparison to other ultras.

I also strongly believe Seth's shoryuken does not have fireball immunity.

I am who I am

I am who I am
And about the 5 Chun Li's at the top, which I found ridiculous when I 1st saw it. Does this mean Chun Li is monstrously better than er body else? No. The 5 best humans are all are good wit Chun Li.

Frisky Dingo
it still hearkens back to peeps seein' the best fighter win wit certain characters and then others pick'em cuz they think they are the best.
I hated that! Once Capcom said that Chun Li, Yun, and Ken were the highest on the list. Everyone started selecting them. And it didn't help that the winners decided 2 B-come good with them either. I'm glad regular people who Rn't so obsessed with high lvl play decide 2 choose other characters.

So, on topic, what do U think, MK VS DC or SF4.

I am who I am
I have never played MK VS DC. I hear it's good though. I ain't gonna vote against a game I don't know about.

Frisky Dingo
SF4 is better.

I am who I am
Like I believe that. You said I would lose to Vega at the tournament...I didn't.

I am who I am
I'm a beast.

Frisky Dingo
It was a fluke and U no it.

U think I don't no yur strategy.

I am who I am
Strategy? I don't know what your talkin' 'bout. Was dude like your friend?

Frisky Dingo
It's psychological and U got far with it. Every body thinx that people who choose Ken R "auto" scrubs. And u play like it 2........4 the 1st round. U get them set N2 a habbit that is hard 2 break, then U sho yur real skill and fight hard and fast so that they can't get used 2 the real U N the 3 rounds left. I new sumthing was up win you didn't block or u sat back and bloked everything, U didn't dash, focus, or cancel. Then U jumped N most of the time with fierce punches. Sum how U dragged the matches out, tho. That strategy shows your weak win it comes 2 the game itself. Which is Y U only won 4 matches. More than what I thought U wood.

Scythe
Yeah, I haven't heard of anything acually banned in tournament play yet. There was some misinformation given out at a tournament near me and they banned Seth, Gouken, and Akuma, but that was fixed before the event.

Shouldn't be any bans at all of any kind. It's a solid game. People just need an excuse for their mediocre skills.

Mr.Biscuits
No character in SF4 needs to be banned.
All of them are balanced, and it's agreed that Sagat is still the best character.

Akuma has beastly offense and run away, but has really low health and a shitty Ultra.

Gouken has a lot of shit but has no solid anti-air and can't do shit after jabs.

Seth has all these moves and really good run away, but has the lowest health in the game and he does shitty damage.

Also that Arcana being better than SF comment was pretty hilarious.
I live in NY where we have/had the biggest Arcana scene. I saw a lot of high level play and even the players didn't enjoy it much.

Scythe
Pretty much. I've never seen such a well-balanced fighting game in such a long time. This is one of those games that'll have tourneys for a long ass time.

Mr.Biscuits
It's gonna be around for a very long time. An online update is already on it's way with tournament mode, bigger player lobbies and with a replay feature.

They've even hinted at a SF4.2 where if the Demand was high enough they would add T.Hawk and Dee Jay. They already have the 3-d models for them both.

Scythe
Yeah. Sucks to be me, my internet options for console gaming are none existant. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Mr.Biscuits
Download the actual update from the net and then use a flash drive to put it on your system.

Scythe
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Download the actual update from the net and then use a flash drive to put it on your system.

How do I do that? I'm technologically retarded.

Mr.Biscuits
The update would appear somewhere online when it comes out.
Torrent or whatever, maybe even the ps3/360 sites.
You download it onto a flash drive, plug it in to your system.
Do the system update and it'll ask you from the net or a portable memory device. You'll choose the portable memory device of course, and that's basically it.

People do this with game save files.

Scythe
Do the system update and it'll ask you from the net or a portable memory device. You'll choose the portable memory device of course, and that's basically it.

People do this with game save files.

That is awesome, thanks for the info.

I am who I am

People do this with game save files. That's nice! VERY informative. I'm gonna try that when the time is right. My free Live subscription expired last week.

Can you do that wit PS2's as well?

StyleTime
I DO NOT mean that cuz Gill is the boss that's why he is illegal. Simply put. You used Gill as an excuse as to why 3rd Strike is unbalanced. I said Gill doesn't count, that's not a valid excuse. You can not pick him at the arcade, at tourneys, or on Live. I simply said that he was like most other bosses from most other fightin' games. He is super powered purposely thus you can't even pick him even if you wanted to. That's all I'm sayin'. I hope you can wrap your head around that.
I understand your point quite well. Unfortunately, it is not relevant...which is why I suggested we drop it. Your pursuing this was ignoratio elenchi as of your second reply to me. Leave it.
Yes Ken is better than Sean but not as horribly as you make it sound. It's not Servebot VS Cable in MVC2. That is my point. That's all I'm sayin'.
I never compared it to any characters other than Heart and Saki. I simply stated that Ken is superior to Sean. You saw hyperbole I did not make.
To be honest I don't care if you think AH is better than SF. I don't and we all have our opinions. I'm not gonna go on about AH cuz just knowin' about that game as a young man makes me sound like a weirdo. But that's just ME.
I agree, we can not truly determine which is better. I posted that hopefully to make you realize how rediculous arguing about that would be. You apparently realize this, so we can drop this too.
So what that AH is more balanced than SFIII cuz they made the game more times. It takes more than EXTREME balance to make a good game. Sean and Ken aint the BEST match up but it aint a stomp for anybody if they are at similar skill levels. Do you get me?

OMG, we know Ken and the gang are a cut above the rest, but not enough to call the game "Unbalanced". Er game has a tier list. You make it sound like, if a game has a tier list then it's unbalanced. You can't have complete balance and a tier list at the same time. SFIII is not the most balanced fighter ever, but it's not so unbalanced that it's worth mentioning like you did. If it were it wouldn't be so big er EVO tourney, Even after 10yrs.
I have maintained that a skilled player can win in the game regardless. Still, I showed how a select few are disproportionately represented at the highest levels. Yes, it can be quite popular in spite of that. Look at Marvel vs Capcom 2 for an even more extreme example of a popular yet unbalanced game.
As for the rest of that shit you posted, which I don't get what your tryin' to show me (you say somthin like a word document). I NEVER SAID those 3 were not at the top. The best players in the world are pickin' the highest tiered characters o'course. But you are makin' it sound like they are the ONLY ONES ALL THE TIME. Other good players use other characters. Some of those guys have won more than once and I have been a member at Shoryuken.com (i already know ALL results for ALL tourneys so there is nothin you can show me about my favorite fightin' game that I don't already know) for along time and many of us say it still hearkens back to peeps seein' the best fighter win wit certain characters and then others pick'em cuz they think they are the best.
Again, I point out that you are putting words in my mouth comrade. I never said they are the only characters who ever win tournaments. You said that only "noobs" use the 3rd Strike Trio. I merely demonstrated that they factually dominate at the highest levels of play. We appear to be in agreement here now.
All and all no game is perfectly balanced but you are puttin' 3rd Strike in a MVC2 category. And I'm tellin' you that it aint that bad. I hope this clears things up.
It does clear it up. We are actually in agreement about everything else. This was the main problem. I never likened 3rd Strike to Marvel vs Capcom 2. That would be rediculous. I only claimed that it is still unbalanced. I just wonder why you refuse to use the word "unbalanced" when you acknowledge the dominance of those characters.

It does not mean the game is bad. It does not mean it's unplayable. It just means it has some balance issues. Many games do.
Seth, Gouken and Gouki do not deserve a ban. The only one who might be debatable is Gouken, and that remains to be seen.

Gouki&Seth have the severe stamina deficit to make up for their extreme power. Not to mention the SGS is harder to use in this game, and Seth's Tanden Storm doens't actually do that much damage in comparison to other ultras.

I also strongly believe Seth's shoryuken does not have fireball immunity.
Oh, I agree with you completely. I think the problem is that not all organizers play the games themselves. This is understandable as throwing large events is quite a task. Unfortunately, these organizers may not know what the tournament standard is for some of the games and must rely on the players to provide that information. This leads to situations like I mentioned earlier.
Also that Arcana being better than SF comment was pretty hilarious.
I live in NY where we have/had the biggest Arcana scene. I saw a lot of high level play and even the players didn't enjoy it much.
Hilarious because it's true? No but seriously, there is no way to determine that much to my dismay. I posted up above my purpose for that comment.

I am who I am
Well, I'm tired of arguin' wit you. All I was sayin was SFIII is not THAT unbalanced, but whatever. Think what you want, man.

Mr.Biscuits
Most if not all fighting game tournaments are run by actual players, or players who've played competitively at some point in their lives.

Arcana is a pretty meh game over all. Arcana 2 came out and we were the only arcade in the U.S to have it for a while. The players were getting into it at first.
Then people were like "**** this game" after a friend of mine was winning tournaments with 1 move.
Of course there's still die hard players but most if not all play other games, cause the competition is no where to be found.

Well, I'm tired of arguin' wit you. All I was sayin was SFIII is not THAT unbalanced, but whatever. Think what you want, man.
No, it's pretty clear that the game is really unbalanced. Yun and Chun dominate the entire cast. Ken has fallen off in these past few years.
Did you know that Chun beats several characters 8-2 maybe even 9-1? That's pretty ridiculous.
Top 8 at last years evo had 6 Chuns...

I am who I am
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
It's psychological and U got far with it. Every body thinx that people who choose Ken R "auto" scrubs. And u play like it 2........4 the 1st round. U get them set N2 a habbit that is hard 2 break, then U sho yur real skill and fight hard and fast so that they can't get used 2 the real U N the 3 rounds left. I new sumthing was up win you didn't block or u sat back and bloked everything, U didn't dash, focus, or cancel. Then U jumped N most of the time with fierce punches. Sum how U dragged the matches out, tho. That strategy shows your weak win it comes 2 the game itself. Which is Y U only won 4 matches. More than what I thought U wood. laughing *That's why I never play the same guy twice.*

AND I'M NOT WEAK, I'LL KICK ANYBODIES ASS, I AM THE BEST!!!

I got that DS Graphic File the other day too. Really nice.

I am who I am

No, it's pretty clear that the game is really unbalanced. Yun and Chun dominate the entire cast. Ken has fallen off in these past few years.
Did you know that Chun beats several characters 8-2 maybe even 9-1? That's pretty ridiculous.
Top 8 at last years evo had 6 Chuns... I know 'bout the whole chun Li deal but that's just cuz er body who was good picked Chun Li, that's all and Chun Li does have an edge over er body else.

The game is unbalanced, but peeps makin' the game seem broken/really unbalanced like the top 3 are impossible to beat. That aint true. The game is playable and winnable wit anybody if you got the skill. The game wouldn't be at EVO if there were 3 characters that could not be beaten. That much I know.

But I aint finna argue again about this. Opinion is opinion. Alls I know is I like SFIII and I'm gonna keep kickin' ass wit Sean, Alex, and sometimes Ken.

Mr.Biscuits
In high level play you wont be winning shit with Sean or Alex, that's a fact. Skill can only take you so far. Especially when playing someone with equal or greater skill who just happens to play Chun.
In Japan other characters are viable in high level play, because they play a different format than the U.S and other countries.
In the U.S we play 2/3 double elimination.
In Japan it's just 1 game single elimination, so characters like Akuma, Dudley, Makoto, Yang and Urien have a chance.
In a 2/3 format those characters just have too much of an uphill battle to beat Chun or Yun in a set.

I'm not arguing at all and it's not opinion.
It's a fact, and it's been fact for years now.

In low level play you can win with any character, all games are like that.

I am who I am
In high level play you wont be winning shit with Sean or Alex, that's a fact. In order for that to be fact, you have to prove it.

Skill can only take you so far. Especially when playing someone with equal or greater skill who just happens to play Chun. It's not about what the characters can do, man. It's about what you can do with the characters. No one can play perfect, not even "high level" geeks and dorks. True Chun Li has more options to win, but her opponents are not optionless. If it was like that, then SFIII would not be at EVO every year and Chun Li and the others would be banned. They have banned regular characters before like CVS 2 and SFCE Sagat. Obviously Chun Li and the others are not RIDICULOUSLY better. The are better by a noticeable margin but not THAT much

In Japan other characters are viable in high level play, because they play a different format than the U.S and other countries.
In the U.S we play 2/3 double elimination.
In Japan it's just 1 game single elimination, so characters like Akuma, Dudley, Makoto, Yang and Urien have a chance.
In a 2/3 format those characters just have too much of an uphill battle to beat Chun or Yun in a set. I KNOW THIS. But I am saying that THEY ARE NOT POWERFUL ENOUGH TO BE BANNED, THEY ARE BEATABLE.

Everyone who is best find that Chun Li, Ken, and Yun best fit their style. Are you sayin' that if the top players don't pick those 3, they will lose? If that's the case why doesn't everyone in "high level" play pick'em. Why are they not banned. Super Bison in SFA3 is banned, Shin Akuma is banned. SFEC Sagat is banned.

There is at least 1 character from er SF series banned. They just said "Oh, these 3 in 3rd Strike are so horrible but we're not gonna make them illegal, simply cuz we don't want to."

Listen to your self.
I'm not arguing at all and it's not opinion.
It's a fact, and it's been fact for years now.

In low level play you can win with any character, all games are like that. Well, "I would rather not talk about this any more".

And it is opinion. Cuz you and that other guy are THEE 1st people I heard say that SFIII is broken or REALLY unbalanced. Just cuz your not good at the game doesn't make it unbalanced. I can show you more ACTUAL players, websites, and official Capcom statements that say SFIII is 1 of the best fighters of ALL TIME. I heard peeps complain about parryin' but never about Ken, Chun Li, and Yun.

I can literally show you 10x more peeps who say SFIII is okay, then you can show me peep sayin' it's broken or so terribly unbalanced. If you want me to, let me know. Are they right...no. Are you? Hell no. It's all opinion. I have been playin SFIII for 8yrs so you can't change my mind. So lets just drop it.

Zack Fair
"Really" unbalanced?

Its either balanced or not.

So which is it?

I am who I am
"Really" unbalanced?

Its either balanced or not.

So which is it? Well, what's your def of balanced?

I think it's when ALL the characters are equal.

SFIII aint balanced...Ken and the others are better...

But these dudes think Ken and the gang are Gill and erbody else is Dan.

Scythe
I haven't had much time with MK cs DC, is it balanced?

Zack Fair
Dan > Gill

SF fact.

/thread.

I am who I am
I should make that thread.

StyleTime
Most if not all fighting game tournaments are run by actual players, or players who've played competitively at some point in their lives.

Arcana is a pretty meh game over all. Arcana 2 came out and we were the only arcade in the U.S to have it for a while. The players were getting into it at first.
Then people were like "**** this game" after a friend of mine was winning tournaments with 1 move.
Of course there's still die hard players but most if not all play other games, cause the competition is no where to be found.

Top 8 at last years evo had 6 Chuns...
It's definitely not all as I know at least one that does not. That's what leads to misunderstandings like the one where Seth, Akuma, and Gouken get banned. I'd reckon most do though, so I agree with you there.

I already know of its status at arcades. Unfortunately, this does not change anything. We can not truly gauge quality without some objective criteria on which everyone agrees. Even then, it'd be a stretch.

Agreed.
And it is opinion. Cuz you and that other guy are THEE 1st people I heard say that SFIII is broken or REALLY unbalanced.
This is the problem that prevents a mutual understanding between us my friend. One, we are far from the first people to say it is unbalanced. In fact, 3rd Strike players readily admit that the game is unbalanced.
Secondly, you are exaggerating the extent to which I demonstrated 3rd Strike's unbalanced gameplay. Again, I said it was unbalanced. I did NOT say that Ken, Chun Li, and Yun are invincible like you claim.
But these dudes think Ken and the gang are Gill and erbody else is Dan.
Again, I never said that. I just said that the 3rd Strike Tribunal generally dominate at high levels. I did not say the game is unplayable.
Dan > Gill

SF fact.

/thread.
thumb up

I am who I am
This is the problem that prevents a mutual understanding between us my friend. One, we are far from the first people to say it is unbalanced. In fact, 3rd Strike players readily admit that the game is unbalanced.
Secondly, you are exaggerating the extent to which I demonstrated 3rd Strike's unbalanced gameplay. Again, I said it was unbalanced. I did NOT say that Ken, Chun Li, and Yun are invincible like you claim. I said Thee 1st "I" as in "ME" have heard about peeps complain' about Ken and the rest bein' too powerful. You say "In fact, 3rd Strike players readily admit that the game is unbalanced" and I say I can prove the opposite occurin' more often, which shows it's an opinion.

You said you did NOT say that Ken, Chun Li, and Yun are invincible. But that is what you are implyin'.

Again, I never said that. I just said that the 3rd Strike Tribunal generally dominate at high levels. I did not say the game is unplayable.
And that's true but you didn't make it sound like that. You said the balance was so terrible it was worth mentionin' in this thread, in so may words. Cuz that's what you did.

chithappens
Someone name a balanced fighting game other than VF (which I don't agree with). Please feel free.

SmashBro
To be honest, I rarely ever hear people say that 3rd Strike is unbalanced. Not that I have a problem with that since I get so sick and tired of some people making it seem like it's near perfect or something.

I am who I am
Originally posted by chithappens
Someone name a balanced fighting game other than VF (which I don't agree with). Please feel free. SC1?

SaTsuJiN
lol.. naw not SC series.... SC1 was pwned by Xianghua through and through, if I recall correctly... however.. it may quite possibly be the most balanced SC... 2 was just.. raped by like 2 or 3 chars.... 3 was a goddamn mess (the developers even apologized for cassandra), and 4 is still being tweaked I think... not sure on that one

I believe Street Fighter 2 : Hyper Fighting

I am who I am
Peeps always tell me that Mitsurigi, Maxi and Taki dominated SCII, that true? Cuz I kick hella ass wit Nightmare.

Ridley_Prime
<3 Xianghua

FeelGood
Why is MKVDC so hated? The fighting system was allot better than the last 3 games.

chomperx9

Sonic Boom Bitches. MK vs DC is 3d street fighter IV is 2d how is the graphics better ?

FeelGood
If a new MK was made with a whole new cast, set years after Armageddon. With MKvDC gameplay, slightly improved maybe with fatality's as well.

Could be fecking sweet.

NemeBro
Originally posted by chomperx9
MK vs DC is 3d street fighter IV is 2d how is the graphics better ? What the **** are you talking about? no expression

chomperx9
Originally posted by NemeBro
What the **** are you talking about? no expression apparently someone doesn't know what graphics is.

NemeBro
Originally posted by chomperx9
apparently someone doesn't know what graphics is. Streetfighter IV is 2D?

In the gameplay style, certainly not the graphic-style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.