Marvel's big 7 vs DC's big 7

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
DC:
Superman(No Weaknesses)
Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter(Alive)
Green Lantern(Hal)
Flash(Wally)
Aquaman

Marvel:
Thor(Current)
Silver Surfer(Current)
Makkari
Iron Man
Captain America
Gladiator(No Weaknesses)
Quasar(Wendell)

Considering the teamwork factor we'll say the Marvel team as had as long as it takes to get to the teamwork level of DC's 7.

Edit: Also we'll say scenario one has them operating in character while scenarios 2 has them bloodlusted but still working as a team.

shokosugi
DC demolishes Marvel.

Dr Will Hatch
Where's Dr Strange and Victor Von Doom?

shokosugi
Add Dr. sTrange to the Marvel team and I'd give Marvel the win.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Newjak
DC:
Superman(No Weaknesses)
Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter(Alive)
Green Lantern(Hal)
Flash(Wally)
Aquaman

Marvel:
Thor(Current)
Silver Surfer(Current)
Makkari
Iron Man
Captain America
Gladiator(No Weaknesses)
Quasar(Wendell)

Considering the teamwork factor we'll say the Marvel team as had as long as it takes to get to the teamwork level of DC's 7.

Edit: Also we'll say scenario one has them operating in character while scenarios 2 has them bloodlusted but still working as a team. let's take the 4 big threats first.

Surfer. Thor. Quasar. Gladiator.
Makkari isn't on their lvl.

Dc has 5 big guns.
And the killer part is thr dc team has one who can amp everyone.

Flash can make even batman and aquaman lethal.

Dc wins via 7 speed blitzing characters.

Newjak
Originally posted by fangirl101
let's take the 4 big threats first.

Dc has 5 big guns.

Dc wins via 7 speed blitzing characters. You're gonna sit there and tell me Quasar isn't a threat?

And you're right Makkari isn't on their level but he is fast, I'd think fast enough to at least keep Flash occupied.

Naija boy
Current thor and surfer tip the scales. Especially in scenario two where they dont have to fight in character

Enyalus
Scenario 1: DC 6/10 or 5/10 split.

Scenario 2: Marvel 7/10.

Raoul
DC:
Superman(No Weaknesses)
Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter(Alive)
Green Lantern(Hal)
Flash(Wally)
Aquaman

Marvel:
Thor(Current)
Silver Surfer(Current)
Makkari
Iron Man
Captain America
Gladiator(No Weaknesses)
Quasar(Wendell)

Edit: Also we'll say scenario one has them operating in character while scenarios 2 has them bloodlusted but still working as a team.

lack of weakness exploitation makes superman an absolute beast in scenario 2, and dc should win imo. not just because of him, but he does contribute.

scenario 1, not so sure.

WhiteWitchKing
Superman(No Weaknesses) Vs. Thor(Current): Killed Bor, gonna kill Supes as well.
Batman Vs Captain America: stalemate
Wonder Woman Vs. Gladiator: Gladiator easily. You kidding me?
Martian Manhunter(Alive) Vs. Quasar: Quasar
Green Lantern(Hal) Vs. Sufer: Surfer easily.
Flash(Wally) Vs. Makkari: Flash
Aquaman Vs. Iron Man: LOL. IM

Marvel wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
dc should win imo. not just because of him, but he does contribute.

Superman will contribute to a DC win? Are you sure, Raoul? That's a pretty radical statement. You're going waaay out on a limb there. laughing out loud

iceman24567
Dc for the vast majority.

TricksterPriest
Ironman and Mokkari shouldn't be here.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ironman and Mokkari shouldn't be here.

But Batman should?

Makkari needs to be in there to deal at least a little bit with Flash.

Slaanesh
Marvel 10/10

guy222
marvel

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Enyalus
But Batman should?

Makkari needs to be in there to deal at least a little bit with Flash.

Batman at least is around the same level as Captain America.

Get real. Mokkari is screwed against Wally. Flash not dicking around will destroy him.

Bouboumaster
Marvel, especially in the second fight

Enyalus

Get real. Mokkari is screwed against Wally. Flash not dicking around will destroy him.

Makkari's FTL, too. And can fly. And is vastly stronger than Flash with vastly superior durability. Its not going to be a walk in the park by any means for Wally to put him down.

TricksterPriest
FTL is nothing for Flash. Durability is a non-issue, given that Flash tanks rediculous hits from people stronger. Flash going all out simply speed steals him, or IMPs him or speed force dumps him, etc, etc, etc.

Flash can put down half the marvel team actually.

Aquaman would smoke Tony in a fistfight, but flight and special weapons will help. DC also has 2 telepaths for better coordination of attacks. And Marvel only has Quasar for active defense. Thor&Surfer won't be put down by TP easily, can't say the same for the rest.

Enyalus
FTL is nothing for Flash. Durability is a non-issue, given that Flash tanks rediculous hits from people stronger. Flash going all out simply speed steals him, or IMPs him or speed force dumps him, etc, etc, etc.

FTL nothing for Flash? Which is why he could barely break superluminal with a running start in FC? And steal his speed? Do you even know where Eternals get their powers from? Really...

no facepalm

darthgoober
Are we to assume that everyone's standing flat footed when the bell rings or are they "battle ready"(standard force fields raised, flyer's flying, ect.)?

kgkg
Flash can put down half the marvel team actually. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by shokosugi
DC demolishes Marvel. Not at all.Originally posted by Raoul
lack of weakness exploitation makes superman an absolute beast in scenario 2, and dc should win imo. not just because of him, but he does contribute.

scenario 1, not so sure. Glads is just as ferocious as Superman.

Newjak
Originally posted by darthgoober
Are we to assume that everyone's standing flat footed when the bell rings or are they "battle ready"(standard force fields raised, flyer's flying, ect.)? Let's say they are battle ready.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
laughing out loud I must have missed trick's post. laughing out loud That is pretty funny.

TricksterPriest

FTL nothing for Flash? Which is why he could barely break superluminal with a running start in FC? And steal his speed? Do you even know where Eternals get their powers from? Really...

no facepalm

I'm ignoring that because the very nature of the feat means it's obvious +C. To enter the center of the singularity and outrace the Black Racer, who was specifically referenced as also being Black Flash, means it was far far above C. Couple that with Superman barely being able to react to them.

Eternal can have their speed stolen. I see nothing preventing Flash from totally draining his KE. I put up with that arguement from Surfer fans because Surfer actually has high energy manipulation, but Flash's KE manipulation is superior.

Enyalus
I'm ignoring that because the very nature of the feat means it's obvious +C. To enter the center of the singularity and outrace the Black Racer, who was specifically referenced as also being Black Flash, means it was far far above C. Couple that with Superman barely being able to react to them.

The same Black Racer who was explictly stated on panel to not be able to go beyond light speed?

Right.

TricksterPriest
Except that FC retconned it so all avatars of DC Death are the same. Fail.

Black Racer was explicitly called Black Flash. no expression

Enyalus
Except that FC retconned it so all avatars of DC Death are the same. Fail.

Black Racer was explicitly called Black Flash. no expression

And in the same arc was said to not be able to go beyond light speed. What don't you understand about that?

TricksterPriest
That the nature of the feat of outracing the Black Racer and entering the singularity means it was OVER LIGHT SPEED. facepalm

Enyalus
That the nature of the feat of outracing the Black Racer and entering the singularity means it was OVER LIGHT SPEED. facepalm

Let me clarify, because it doesn't seem like you're getting it: the Black Racer cannot break c. This is outright stated in FC. Outracing him doesn't mean a whole helluva lot to speedsters like Flash or Makkari. Either would be able to do so.

quanchi112
That the nature of the feat of outracing the Black Racer and entering the singularity means it was OVER LIGHT SPEED. facepalm Originally posted by Enyalus
And in the same arc was said to not be able to go beyond light speed. What don't you understand about that? He can't break light speed. It was stated.

psycho gundam
DC:
Superman(No Weaknesses)
Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter(Alive)
Green Lantern(Hal)
Flash(Wally)
Aquaman

Marvel:
Thor(Current)
Silver Surfer(Current)
Makkari
Iron Man
Captain America
Gladiator(No Weaknesses)
Quasar(Wendell)

Edit: Also we'll say scenario one has them operating in character while scenarios 2 has them bloodlusted but still working as a team. gladiator without any weaknesses is imo more dangerous than superman sans weaknesses since without his weakness to certain wavelengths of radiation, his confidence will be through the roof. and he doesn't power down after exerting himself at full capacity so he can go nuts without having to worry about getting hit with his weakness.

and where is blackbolt?

TricksterPriest
Let me clarify, because it doesn't seem like you're getting it: the Black Racer cannot break c. This is outright stated in FC. Outracing him doesn't mean a whole helluva lot to speedsters like Flash or Makkari. Either would be able to do so.

What are you, brain dead? no expression IF they can't go over C, the entire point of the Flash being there does not exist. THE FEAT IS IMPOSSIBLE IF THEY CAN'T GO OVER C. What the f**k? But since they did the feat, they were going over C. It's quite obvious that the subliminal speed thing was either Grant or someone else not understanding the nature of the feat. IT CANNOT BE DONE UNDER LIGHT SPEED. They even spell out that it had to be over C, BECAUSE DARKSEID WAS BEYOND THE REACH OF LIGHT. thumb down

I call absolute bullshit on Makkari being able to outrace Black Racer.

Martian_mind
Hmmm....

DC.Ever so barely DC.

Allankles

It took the Flashes using the speed force to the max to simply keep ahead of the Black Racer. In other stories it's been pointed out that he can keep up with any character even guys like Lightray going superluminal.

cloud102
DC, but it's close.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
It took the Flashes using the speed force to the max to simply keep ahead of the Black Racer. In other stories it's been pointed out that he can keep up with any character even guys like Lightray going superluminal. It was also stated on panel that he couldn't go faster than the speed of light.Originally posted by cloud102
DC, but it's close. How so?

fangirl101
You're gonna sit there and tell me Quasar isn't a threat?

And you're right Makkari isn't on their level but he is fast, I'd think fast enough to at least keep Flash occupied. I thought I put quasar in as one of the big four marvel threats. Did I miss something?

iceman24567
What are you, brain dead? no expression IF they can't go over C, the entire point of the Flash being there does not exist. THE FEAT IS IMPOSSIBLE IF THEY CAN'T GO OVER C. What the f**k? But since they did the feat, they were going over C. It's quite obvious that the subliminal speed thing was either Grant or someone else not understanding the nature of the feat. IT CANNOT BE DONE UNDER LIGHT SPEED. They even spell out that it had to be over C, BECAUSE DARKSEID WAS BEYOND THE REACH OF LIGHT. thumb down

I call absolute bullshit on Makkari being able to outrace Black Racer. thumb up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Picture022.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Picture022-1.jpg

Newjak
I thought I put quasar in as one of the big four marvel threats. Did I miss something? My mistake I read it wrong stick out tongue

Mindset
How was the Black Racer right behind Wally and Barry when it can't go past lightspeed, yet Wally and Barry were running faster than they ever have before?

I dun get it.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
How was the Black Racer right behind Wally and Barry when it can't go past lightspeed, yet Wally and Barry were running faster than they ever have before?

I dun get it. It did go faster than light eek!

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
It did go faster than light eek! How, I thought it couldn't.

iceman24567
How, I thought it couldn't. I thought the same but he breached the singularity as did the Flashes and Barry stated you have to go light speed to breach it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Picture023-1.jpg

Allankles
Originally posted by iceman24567
I thought the same but he breached the singularity as did the Flashes and Barry stated you have to go light speed to breach it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Picture023-1.jpg

True you had to go superluminal to breach the singularity. And the flashes were going well beyond c (using the speed force like they've never done before), and were only a few lengths ahead of the Black Racer the entire time.

Enyalus
True you had to go superluminal to breach the singularity. And the flashes were going well beyond c (using the speed force like they've never done before), and were only a few lengths ahead of the Black Racer the entire time.

And yet Morrison had....Barry, was it(?), say that BR could not break light speed. In the same arc.

Allankles
And yet Morrison had....Barry, was it(?), say that BR could not break light speed. In the same arc.

I seemed to have missed that, what issue? And how does that explain the Flashes only being a spear lengrth ahead of BR the entire time while going superluminal?

Based on what it took to breach the singularity BR had to be moving beyond c. Besides he's been able to keep up with speedsters (who move beyond c) in his history.

Enyalus
I seemed to have missed that, what issue? And how does that explain the Flashes only being a spear lengrth ahead of BR the entire time while going superluminal?

I'll put up the shot when I get home. Unless Iceman or someone else posts it before. Its right after they exit the singularity IIRC. Barry mentions BR can't go FTL. Even puts a "Flash fact" behind the statement.

Allankles
I'll put up the shot when I get home. Unless Iceman or someone else posts it before. Its right after they exit the singularity IIRC. Barry mentions BR can't go FTL. Even puts a "Flash fact" behind the statement.

The part where he mentions something like death can't move faster than light? Meh! BR has never had problems chasing down his victims even when they could move by multiples of c.

Barry was pushing himself to the max just to keep ahead of BR.

Enyalus
The part where him mentions something like death can't move faster than light? Meh! BR has never had problems chasing down his victims even when they could move by multiples of c.

Clearly FC just retconned that. As TP so flaunted the retcon of BR also being BF and all other Death manifestations in FC...

Mindset
And yet he was always said to never be able to move above light speed, right?

Allankles
Clearly FC just retconned that. As TP so flaunted the retcon of BR also being BF and all other Death manifestations in FC...

Yeah but if BR is moving under c, and the Flashes were going superluminal shouldn't they have been more than a few lengths ahead of him? Also, BR breached the singularity so obviously he had to be moving faster than light at that point.

Enyalus
Yeah but if BR is moving under c, and the Flashes were going superluminal shouldn't they have been more than a few lengths ahead of him? Also, BR breached the singularity so obviously he had to be moving faster than light at that point.

Why? Superman escaped a double-black hole by moving at c. Why does BR have to move above c to do it. BR was moving c, while Flashes were moving slightly above c. Simple to reason out.

Mindset
Yeah but if BR is moving under c, and the Flashes were going superluminal shouldn't they have been more than a few lengths ahead of him? Also, BR breached the singularity so obviously he had to be moving faster than light at that point. Well if he was just under c and they were at it or slightly above it, in comic sense, he could be right behind them.

Idk, I told you guys Morrison was a hack. wink

Allankles
Why? Superman escaped a double-black hole by moving at c. Why does BR have to move above c to do it. BR was moving c, while Flashes were moving slightly above c. Simple to reason out.

Superman went beyond c to escape the black hole, if you remember he was gaining speed, he hit the speed of light on panel and kept increasing speed after.

Slightly above c is subjective, given that the speed force allows them to move by mutliples of c and they were uisng the speed force to the max just to breach the singularity.

Enyalus
Superman went beyond c to escape the black hole, if you remember he was gaining speed, he hit the speed of light on panel and kept increasing speed after.

No. On panel, it said he was approaching the speed of light and still accelerating. On panel it also said that escape velocity of a blackhole was = c. To assume he went FTL in that scenario is speculation.

So is the second half of your post which I left out. Hell, amped Wally when fighting Zoom was only traveling about 3.4x FTL.

Allankles
Well if he was just under c and they were at it or slightly above it, in comic sense, he could be right behind them.

Idk, I told you guys Morrison was a hack. wink

sad I wouldn't call him a hack but stating that death can't move above c in the context of what was happening certainly doesn't make sense. Also are we to believe the speedforce used to the max is only slightly above c?

Allankles
No. On panel, it said he was approaching the speed of light and still accelerating. On panel it also said that escape velocity of a blackhole was = c. To assume he went FTL in that scenario is speculation.

Hardly since on panel (based on the narration) he it the c point and was still accelerating.

Enyalus
Hardly since on panel (based on the narration) he it the c point and was still accelerating.

It says he was approaching c and still accelerating. erm

TricksterPriest
And yet another bit of illogical BS. Light cannot escape Black holes. He would have to exceed C to escape the double black hole.

Fail on using narration again.

Enyalus
And yet another bit of illogical BS. Light cannot escape Black holes. He would have to exceed C to escape the double black hole.

Except using the comic writer's intentions trumphs using real world physics to explain comic physics.

Stick that in your fail and smoke it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
What is the argument? that flash can't go light speed?

Naija boy

Wait so ur going to ignore the rules that were explicitly mentioned in the comic and instead use what happens in reality?

Fail on placing real world science ahead of comic book science in a comic book discussion

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
What is the argument? that flash can't go light speed?

No. That BR can't go beyond LS. And anything recent regarding Wally suggests he's not that much Faster than Light. Makkari should be able to hang with him and give him difficulty.

cloud102
Scratch that. I'll go with Marvel. I want to be with the popular crowd.

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Scratch that. I'll go with Marvel. I want to be with the popular crowd.

*high-five*

Welcome to the club.

TricksterPriest
**** yo club, *****. dopedfu I've outdebated your ass through several pages, and I'll beat your ass at SF4 to boot.

Juntai
Clearly FC just retconned that. As TP so flaunted the retcon of BR also being BF and all other Death manifestations in FC... Black Flash chased Wally through time, to the end of the universe. And Wally was losing ground the whole time. You have to be going faster than C to accomplish this.

TricksterPriest
THANK YOU. thumb up Finally somebody sees the logic.

Philosophía
In that same instance, Flash mentioned that he could outrace a photon, yet Black Racer was gaining up on him as they were heading twoards the end of the Universe.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Scenario 1: DC 6/10 or 5/10 split.

Scenario 2: Marvel 7/10.

my thoughts exactly

KuRuPT Thanosi

Aquaman would smoke Tony in a fistfight, but flight and special weapons will help. DC also has 2 telepaths for better coordination of attacks. And Marvel only has Quasar for active defense. Thor&Surfer won't be put down by TP easily, can't say the same for the rest.

Do you actually believe this nonsense? It's much like your DS would knock Hulk's head off in one punch LOL

Flash can put down half the marvel team actually

jrodslam
Originally posted by Juntai
Black Flash chased Wally through time, to the end of the universe. And Wally was losing ground the whole time. You have to be going faster than C to accomplish this.

Damn i havent read that in a while. Was Wally really losing ground the entire time? I know he was at the beginning, but i thought that somewhere slightly past the middle, he decided to go all out after thinking about Linda and others. You probably right though.

quanchi112
**** yo club, *****. dopedfu I've outdebated your ass through several pages, and I'll beat your ass at SF4 to boot. MK vs Dc >>SF4. Originally posted by cloud102
Scratch that. I'll go with Marvel. I want to be with the popular crowd. You think most posters are siding with the marvel crowd?

Juntai
Originally posted by jrodslam
Damn i havent read that in a while. Was Wally really losing ground the entire time? I know he was at the beginning, but i thought that somewhere slightly past the middle, he decided to go all out after thinking about Linda and others. You probably right though.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/blackflash14.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/blackflash15.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/blackflash16.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi

jrodslam
Originally posted by Juntai
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/blackflash14.jpg

Thanks. First scan isnt working though, and isnt the race much longer? Damn its been a while. We also cant forget that Wally was sightseeing(noticed Supes sitting alone on a burning red sun) while running, so he wasnt 100% focused the entire time.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
MK vs Dc >>SF4. You think most posters are siding with the marvel crowd?

You're batshit ****ing crazy. What the f**k? Street Fighter 4 is probably one of the greatest fighting games ever made, hell, it's easily in the top 5 of all time IMO.

MK vs. DC is a joke. It has nowhere near the gameplay or mechanics.

Does a bear shit in the woods? dur

To anyone who wishes to challenge me to SF4, "Prometheus2k2".

Bring it, ****ers. uhuh

Juntai
Originally posted by jrodslam
Thanks. First scan isnt working though, and isnt the race much longer? Damn its been a while. We also cant forget that Wally was sightseeing(noticed Supes sitting alone on a burning red sun) while running, so he wasnt 100% focused the entire time. http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/blackflash14.jpg

Working now?

And yeah its longer, I just got to the meat of it I referenced.

Avlon
MK vs Dc >>SF4.

http://www.failpix.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/286198868_42c2948d0a.jpg

That is all.

Allankles
It says he was approaching c and still accelerating. erm

No he hit c in the narration: and was still accelerating.

Enyalus

Do you have the scan on hand by chance? That would settle this pretty easily.

(I don't.)

Allankles
Do you have the scan on hand by chance? That would settle this pretty easily.

(I don't.)

I don't either, that's why I was arguing.

Enyalus
I don't either, that's why I was arguing.
Damn. Okay. Then....
NO HE DIDN"T!!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon

That is all. So you are finally going against Superman in favor of ken and ryu, eh? Turncoat.

That is all.

Enyalus
All I want to know is why Avlon is running around with a picture of TP like that.

quanchi112
All I want to know is why Avlon is running around with a picture of TP like that. I thought it was a picture of him at some kind of Superman party.

Enyalus
I thought it was a picture of him at some kind of Superman party.

laughing out loud That's cold, man.

SIAFON
It's not really a fair fight seeing as how there is no Sentry, or Hulk in the Marvel line up, and Gladiator doesn't have a weakness. It's a drawback, lack of confidence isn't going to be a problem, but he should still be replaced. Then you take away Superman's weakness, so Thor doesn't obliterate him on first contact. Wow, way to make it fair. Marvel still pulls this one out, the Surfer is to much for anyone on DC's side to handle.

Avlon
So you are finally going against Superman in favor of ken and ryu, eh? Turncoat.

That is all.

Good gameplay > atrocious gameplay.

And who said anything about Ken and Ryu?

Midway depended on that craptacular game to save them...and now they are on the verge of going out of business. LOL

I thought it was a picture of him at some kind of Superman party.

Nah, more like your "get ready to wank Thanos again" outfit.

Enyalus...stop staring at that pic and getting turned on. smile

Raoul
I liked MK vs DC... ermm

Mindset
fanboy

Raoul
fanboy

of which?

TricksterPriest
I liked MK vs DC... ermm

That's alright. Nobody said it wasn't a fun game. Just not a great one. stick out tongue We're looking at it from the metagame perspective. MK hasn't had a metagame or any kind of tournament level since MK2 or 3.

Any street fighter game after SF2 is just inherently better and more balanced/nuanced. srug This is undebatable when you compare the two series.

Mindset
whichever one has the most men running around in spandex

Raoul
whichever one has the most men running around in spandex

ah.

i just like mortal kombat. not more than street fighter mind you, but still...

TricksterPriest
............Are we counting the movies now? erm

Raoul
That's alright. Nobody said it wasn't a fun game. Just not a great one. stick out tongue We're looking at it from the metagame perspective. MK hasn't had a metagame or any kind of tournament level since MK2 or 3.

Any street fighter game after SF2 is just inherently better and more balanced/nuanced. srug This is undebatable when you compare the two series.

i never said otherwise...

TricksterPriest
The rest of that was for Quan and co. dur

Avlon
I liked MK vs DC... ermm

I gave it a chance despite MK's normally horrific "gameplay" and after the novelty wears off (and quickly) it's just another generic MK game IMO.

Quan's statement that MKvsDC > SF4 is hilarious though. The original SF probably has better gameplay than MK.

Enyalus
Enyalus...stop staring at that pic and getting turned on. smile

I was only getting turned on 'cause I thought the pic was of you. If it isn't, I obviously don't want it.

Mindset
It is, don't let him trick you.

Avlon
I was only getting turned on 'cause I thought the pic was of you. If it isn't, I obviously don't want it.

Yea you do regardless of (Mindset) who it is.

Raoul
I gave it a chance despite MK's normally horrific "gameplay" and after the novelty wears off (and quickly) it's just another generic MK game IMO.

Quan's statement that MKvsDC > SF4 is hilarious though. The original SF probably has better gameplay than MK.

i really like mk games. well, i liked 1 and 2, and i thought dc vs mk was one of the better ones...

guy222
marvel

Avlon
i really like mk games. well, i liked 1 and 2, and i thought dc vs mk was one of the better ones...

It was dude. Still...that...horrible...gameplay...I...can't...get...over...

Raoul
It was dude. Still...that...horrible...gameplay...I...can't...get...over...

horrible why? i mean, sure, its not smooth, but it was simple and functional (bar those stupid combo tests), and i had no problem with that.

TricksterPriest
you're not into the metagame and you don't know what to look for, Raoul. Just trust us, the gameplay is bad. thumb down It's not a skill based game.

Avlon
horrible why? i mean, sure, its not smooth, but it was simple and functional (bar those stupid combo tests), and i had no problem with that.

I've always found the MK fighting system broken. The fatalities and the live action graphics are what made that game famous (or infamous) depending on how you look at it.

It's cool to just play around and have fun, but as a fighting game.. it's horrible. At least in comparison to any street fighter, KOF, Soul calibur, VF, or Tekken game.

Raoul

Enyalus
Yea you do regardless of (Mindset) who it is.

I know you're lying now.

Avlon:

Enyalus (Self Portrait):

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Win.jpg

I win.

batdude123
crylaugh

batdude123
you're not into the metagame and you don't know what to look for, Raoul. Just trust us, the gameplay is bad. thumb down It's not a skill based game.

Shut up.

Avlon
I know you're lying now.

Avlon:

Enyalus (Self Portrait):

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Win.jpg

I win.

No need to lie Enya, especially when you pm'd me this pic of you.

http://www.failpix.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/2211449229_536f11f146.jpg

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by batdude123
Shut up.

1nVMXfwZzUc

Messatsu.......http://forum-files2.fobby.net/0008/4567/gouki.jpg Soshite, omae wo korosun da.....

Raoul
1nVMXfwZzUc

Messatsu.......http://forum-files2.fobby.net/0008/4567/gouki.jpg Soshite, omae wo korosun da.....

in english please, you know i don't speak spanish...

Enyalus
No need to lie Enya, especially when you pm'd me this pic of you.

http://www.failpix.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/2211449229_536f11f146.jpg

*sniffles* Why..? Why did you draw "FAIL" across it? You could've just said you weren't interested nice and gentle-like.

Mekrob
1nVMXfwZzUc

Messatsu.......http://forum-files2.fobby.net/0008/4567/gouki.jpg Soshite, omae wo korosun da..... What's wrong with you?

Mindset
Originally posted by Mekrob
What's wrong with you? laughing out loud

zeel
You're gonna sit there and tell me Quasar isn't a threat?

And you're right Makkari isn't on their level but he is fast, I'd think fast enough to at least keep Flash occupied.

Hes as fast as flash but he cannot steal speed like flash. Mukkari if memory serves gave up all his other abilities to increase his training in speed. The eternals are a great bunch but they have way to many limitations.

zeel
let's take the 4 big threats first.

Dc has 5 big guns.

Dc wins via 7 speed blitzing characters.

Lots of speedsters on the D.C team.

zeel

Ironman is marvels batman/steel combo.

yes ironman should be here and he can beat batman to. Unless bats gets tons of preptime.

Enyalus
Originally posted by zeel
Fg is right

sick

stingerman
I might throw the current Surfer up against Superman, as the Surfer would be able to handle Kal for a while enough for one of the other members to help out ...

Makkarai could keep Wally busy, as Makk was indeed shown to be pretty darn fast. However, Barry Allen did beat him in a foot race...

Thor would crush Wonder Woman...then go on to help Surfer...

Gladiator would crush Aquaman...then go on to help against Supes...

Captain vs Bats might be a standstill for a bit...

Iron Man woud just use some sort of flame armor and use fire against Martian Manhunter...

Quasar would take on Hal. Quasar having the infinite power and not needing to power up might give him the edge.

I'll just say I think Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Batman are too weak to face the Marvel guys and once they went down their marvel counterparts (whoever they might be) would help out against the other dc guys. In addition Marvel has Cap "running the show" which would help out a lot more, imo.

carver9
Current thor could literally one shot anyone on the battle field from his recent showings.

Silver surfer could also beat anyone on dc side and gladiator>anyone on dc's side.

I give it to marvel 8/10

Doom and Gloom
Marvel

james2099
Marvel.

D_Dude1210
Marvel. And Makkari outran the Runner in the second race. He is no slouch in the speed department.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.