Close Call Last Night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
I was PISSED last night.

A buddy of mine came over to check out the new PS3 and smoke some weed for Lost. I had the hd cord and all the crap I needed for the ultimate graphic experience.

So he comes over to play it, and I get up for a sec to get something to drink, come back, and it's ****ing broken.

The dude wanted to put it in "higher definition" because the settings I had it on were "wrong."

So for whatever reason, the PS3 goes black, and I can't shut it down. The manual warns that if you were to turn it off without properly shutting down, you'd **** up the system and cause data loss, corruption, and damage to the system.

I had to turn it off though! So I turned it off, and turned it on again.

NOTHING.

I was rip-shit. I just spent a shit-load of money on all this crap and now it was broken.

Fortunately, hours later, I was able to get it up and running on another tv. The weight was off my shoulder.

Needless to say, it was a scary moment in my life.

Rogue Jedi
***** slap him.

kodak
PS3 sucks.

~Wålshy~
WOAH

Rogue Jedi
Mustard sucks.

kodak
Mustard is awesome.

Rogue Jedi
You suck.

Peach
yawn

Also, it wasn't broken. If you put it to the wrong settings on a TV that can't support them, you can't see anything. That's simply a case of user error.

Rogue Jedi
Lana pwns.

~Wålshy~
Originally posted by Peach
yawn

Also, it wasn't broken. If you put it to the wrong settings on a TV that can't support them, you can't see anything. That's simply a case of user error. haermm that was brilliant

kodak
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
You suck. whore

Quincy
Also, it wasn't broken. If you put it to the wrong settings on a TV that can't support them, you can't see anything. That's simply a case of user error.

Yes I am glad it wasn't broken.

The point is my PS3 was not working for reasons I could not fathom, because I was out of the room when my friend messed it up, and was too high to explain to me what the **** he did wrong.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by kodak
whore But I love you heartbeat

Neo_Version 7
Were you high at the time?

Quincy
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Were you high at the time?

Of course. LOST was on that night.

So you can imagine my paranoia at the very idea that my PS3 was possibly broken was amplified to an unheard of level.

Röland
360 > PS3

Rogue Jedi
yes

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Quincy
Of course. LOST was on that night.

So you can imagine my paranoia at the very idea that my PS3 was possibly broken was amplified to an unheard of level.

I see.

Well, I'm sure Jeremy Benthem could relate. Destiny and all.

Quincy

Quincy
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I see.

Well, I'm sure Jeremy Benthem could relate. Destiny and all.

lol definitely. I can't think of a clever Lost thing to say here.....

How about "Oh sex me up Sawyer!"

Neo_Version 7
I refer to him as James but to each his own.

Haven't the latest Futurama releases been mediocre compared to the stellar TV run?

Röland
I have not the resolve to defend my system.

But give it up for the blu-ray-ness. Bless the PS3 for allowing me to watch Blu-Ray Futurama.
Haha, I'm just messing with ya. I think both systems are pretty good but I side with 360 because I have one. Nevermind the laser burnt out on it though.

Quincy

the.kenzo
PS3 equal to 360.

And the Futurama movies were crap.

Mairuzu

Peach
Yes I am glad it wasn't broken.

The point is my PS3 was not working for reasons I could not fathom, because I was out of the room when my friend messed it up, and was too high to explain to me what the **** he did wrong.

shrug

Two seconds of research would have told you the problem...

Mairuzu
I ****ING DOUBT IT

Peach
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I ****ING DOUBT IT

Then you'd be wrong happy

http://www.google.com/search?q=ps3+black+display

I'm actually not sure why someone wouldn't already know this. Does anyone do any research before spending $400+ on electronics anymore?

Mairuzu
took me 10 seconds, now what the **** do you have to say for yourself

Peach
took me 10 seconds, now what the **** do you have to say for yourself

That you type very slowly and/or don't know how to use google.

Mairuzu
How does that make any sense lana? I clicked your link.....

Peach
If it takes longer than just a couple of seconds to click a few links, then that's your own problem.

Mairuzu
took me more than 2 seconds to read stoned

Mairuzu
Not to mention ruining the mood of my fellow pot heads thread.

you had to come in here with your know it all attitude uhuh

i was enjoying his story, it had weed in it and all.

Quincy
shrug

Two seconds of research would have told you the problem...

mhmm

I was forced to turn off my PS3 improperly, possibly leading to data corruption, and damage to my brand new system.

When it didn't turn on again, even when reverting back to the necessary cables, I panicked.

It was a close call. Extended research on hdmi support would not have helped me.

Maybe my friend though.

Not to mention ruining the mood of my fellow pot heads thread.

you had to come in here with your know it all attitude uhuh

i was enjoying his story, it had weed in it and all.

If there's a weed smiley, it should go right here : weed

edit: Awww

Röland
Haha I hear ya. They are both pretty cool, but the 360 has all those games. When I picked up my PS3, I was looking for the first game to get and I had no idea. I'm so used to jamming on my friends xbox.

The laser burned out?? I feel for ya dude.
That's the reason I got a 360 since at first it looked like a lot of games were just going to be exclusive to 360.

Yeah, I'm just going to buy a whole new console. I've had mine since 360 came out, it's Red Ring of Death'd once plus other little problems I've ran into.

Rogue Jedi
360 is on my wish list, it has all the good SW games.

Quincy
Originally posted by the.kenzo
And the Futurama movies were crap.

Oh dude Weak sauce. You really think so?

the.kenzo
Oh dude Weak sauce. You really think so?

Yep, 100%.

Futurama works great as a 30 minute cartoon, but when they stretch it out to movies, it seems to drag on and it's excruciating. The beginnings of the movies have little to nothing to do with the end. 3 episodes thrown together with a little segway between. It doesn't work.

Mairuzu
same with the simpsons movie

Quincy
Yep, 100%.

Futurama works great as a 30 minute cartoon, but when they stretch it out to movies, it seems to drag on and it's excruciating. The beginnings of the movies have little to nothing to do with the end. 3 episodes thrown together with a little segway between. It doesn't work.

I'm just so confused. Have you watched all of them?

To each their own I guess.

the.kenzo
same with the simpsons movie

The Simpson's Movie was good, but it still felt wrong. It needs to be kept to 30 minute episodes.

the.kenzo
I'm just so confused. Have you watched all of them?

To each their own I guess.

Every last one.

Every episode, every movie released so far. It's just not right. I want them to bring back Futurama truly, not just straight to DVD filler.

Bardock42
mhmm

I was forced to turn off my PS3 improperly, possibly leading to data corruption, and damage to my brand new system.

When it didn't turn on again, even when reverting back to the necessary cables, I panicked.

It was a close call. Extended research on hdmi support would not have helped me.

Maybe my friend though.

I think you are overestimating the destructability of the PS3.

Quincy
Originally posted by Bardock42

What can I say? I was a stoned paranoid android.

dadudemon
Yep, 100%.

Agreed. I did get a few lulz from the movies, but that didn't work very well as movies.

HoldenCaulfield
What a thrilling tale.

Rogue Jedi
Hey, it kept me enthralled for like 0.3 seconds.

Barker
That's why I got a DS. haermm

JacopeX
Originally posted by kodak
PS3 sucks.

Barker
Originally posted by Bardock42
Destructibility.

This message brought to you by the letters x and D.

steverules_2
I love my 360 big grin Bioshock ftw!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.