Orion, Thor, GL(Hal) vs, Superman, Sentrey, Gladiator.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Orion with full astro force gear.
Classic thor.
Hal jordan green lantern.

vs

Superman-current
Sentry-current (no void)
Gladiator-full confidence.

Three energy manipulators vs superman and two superman types, who wins and why?

Nihilist
team 1,why cos team 2 has the sentry.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Nihilist
team 1,why cos team 2 has the sentry. thumb up

quanchi112
Team 2 wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Team 2 wins.

supremthor
Thats a tough one, but i see team one winning more often then none, team 2 has weakness that can be exploited by team one

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
I always kinda figured that Gladiator or Superman could beat Orion for a majority anyways. Three invulnerable, superstrong, durable types for the win.

Enyalus
I always kinda figured that Gladiator or Superman could beat Orion for a majority anyways.

Pretty sure the AF one-shotted mullet-Supes before. But yeah, with Supes or Gladiator at full capacity and using all their talents to their best, Orion goes down IMO.

darthgoober
Originally posted by supremthor
Thats a tough one, but i see team one winning more often then none, team 2 has weakness that can be exploited by team one
That's a good point thumb up .

jrodslam
Team 1 8/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jrodslam
Team 1 8/10. How so?

Symmetric Chaos

True. Hal can make K-nite radiation, Orion could probably do some real emotional damage to Sentry and with his allies going down Gladiator would be a combination of less confident and outnumbered.

jrodslam
How so?

Supes would be really, really hard pressed to beat Orion, and thats if he can even beat him. Hal beats Supes or Glads imo due to already knowing Supes weakness and due to the ring telling him Glads weakness. I also think Thor would beat Glads or Sentry more often than not. The one thing i see going for team 2 is combat speed if applied.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jrodslam
Supes would be really, really hard pressed to beat Orion, and thats if he can even beat him. Hal beats Supes or Glads imo due to already knowing Supes weakness and due to the ring telling him Glads weakness. I also think Thor would beat Glads or Sentry more often than not. The one thing i see going for team 2 is combat speed if applied. Supes an dOrion would be in for one hecka battle, but I see Superman coming out on top.

When has Hal beaten Superman with his reg ring by exposing his weakness before?

Glads can beat Thor and Thor can beat Glads. Who is beating Sentry?

supremthor
Supes an dOrion would be in for one hecka battle, but I see Superman coming out on top.

When has Hal beaten Superman with his reg ring by exposing his weakness before?

Glads can beat Thor and Thor can beat Glads. Who is beating Sentry?

most reason why Hale or any Gl doesn't use K-night against Superman is because they arent trying to kill him, and if I rem correctly the Gl's on Oah used K-night when prime was fighting superman and old superman.

Philosophía
This is pretty close.

I'd lean twoards team 2.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Nihilist
team 1,why cos team 2 has the sentry.

Eel O'Brien
The most recent occurence (unless I missed something) of a GL replicating k-nite with the ring required having the exact chemical formula first.

That formula is not common knowledge and I don't think Hal knows it.

I say team 2.

quanchi112
most reason why Hale or any Gl doesn't use K-night against Superman is because they arent trying to kill him, and if I rem correctly the Gl's on Oah used K-night when prime was fighting superman and old superman. Wasn't Hal possessed in the superman/batman comic? He didn't do it then and he wasn't holding back so?

Enyalus
Wasn't Hal possessed in the superman/batman comic? He didn't do it then and he wasn't holding back so?

That was 'Wog if that's the instance you're talking about. And Wog really didn't need to. They were virtually equal.

...John Stewart dropped Supes without using any weaknesses, too. no expression

fangirl101
Team one wins.

quanchi112
That was 'Wog if that's the instance you're talking about. And Wog really didn't need to. They were virtually equal.

...John Stewart dropped Supes without using any weaknesses, too. no expression Was it? I can't remember.

Enyalus
Was it? I can't remember.

When those little aliens were controlling all the aliens on Earth, and it ends up being masterminded by Despero? Yep.

Raoul

with a cheap shot.

not saying hal can't make k-nite, cos he can.

james2099
Team 2, thor gets blitzed ( yeah, i went there ) Both supes and Gladiator have KOED thor in one punch. Then sentry and supes maul GL while Gladiator crush or hold Orion off long enough for Sentry and Supes to join the slaughter.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
with a cheap shot.

Kind of. Supes was flying straight at him. It was Konvikt before Konvikt...

TricksterPriest
It's hard to say. Most of team 2 has a speed edge, but...........Sentry is ****ing worthless. erm If it were Captain Marvel, or someone actually compedent, then this would be close, even split, with whoever you like winning.

I favor team 1 narrowly in that case, due to the power of the AF and boomtubes.

But Sentry dooms team 2 from winning the majority.

Lord Feron

YEah how come no one else talks about that. Any skilled GL should be able to pawn Supes.

hmm toss up, but leaning toward team 2

Raoul
Kind of. Supes was flying straight at him. It was Konvikt before Konvikt...

superman wasnt looking for a fight. john was/is a friend.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
But Sentry dooms team 2 from winning the majority.

Sentry's strong enough to easily stop a 7 mile long meteor from smashing into Earth and then hurl it into the sun. And fast enough to keep up with anyone on team one. His durability might be a slight issue, but that's the only problem I see.

Originally posted by Raoul
superman wasnt looking for a fight. john was/is a friend.

Really? Man, I had no idea Kal and John were friends. At all. What else can you tell me?

stick out tongue

Raoul
Sentry's strong enough to easily stop a 7 mile long meteor from smashing into Earth and then hurl it into the sun. And fast enough to keep up with anyone on team one. His durability might be a slight issue, but that's the only problem I see.

Really? Man, I had no idea Kal and John were friends. At all. What else can you tell me?

stick out tongue

shock

what can i tell you? hmm... where do i start? mhmm

starlock
Team one for the easy win

Since there is BFR...2 members on team one can BFR...easy win

TricksterPriest
"Sentry's strong enough to easily stop a 7 mile long meteor from smashing into Earth and then hurl it into the sun. And fast enough to keep up with anyone on team one. His durability might be a slight issue, but that's the only problem I see. "

And Superman recently stopped a 70 mile ship from crashing. whistle

horrorwolf
Team 2 for the Majority.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
"Sentry's strong enough to easily stop a 7 mile long meteor from smashing into Earth and then hurl it into the sun. And fast enough to keep up with anyone on team one. His durability might be a slight issue, but that's the only problem I see. "

And Superman recently stopped a 70 mile ship from crashing. whistle

No one's ****ing stupid enough to compare Sentry's strength to Superman's. And if they are, they're ****ing stupid. Redundancy FTW.

BTW, that was with the assistance of Ultraman. Or did you miss the second guy in the scene clearly drawn there?

Eel O'Brien
No one's ****ing stupid enough to compare Sentry's strength to Superman's. And if they are, they're ****ing stupid. Redundancy FTW.

BTW, that was with the assistance of Ultraman. Or did you miss the second guy in the scene clearly drawn there?

Actually Ultraman was the one crashing it. Superman even said that it was all in his hands.

Superman rushed to stop it to keep it from killing people in the crash. Why on earth would Ultraman even care to catch it...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Actually Ultraman was the one crashing it. Superman even said that it was all in his hands.

Superman rushed to stop it to keep it from killing people in the crash. Why on earth would Ultraman even care to catch it...

Ultraman wanted it stopped, because he felt the Monitor was betraying them. Superman rushes to stop it from crashing through universe after universe and has no luck, until Ultraman joins in:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_SB1_Supesand.jpg

Very next page, you can infer that it was Ultraman out there because he blames Captain Atom Superman for not doing anything while they were putting their asses on the line:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_SB1_Supesand2.jpg

So...yeah. Superman was pushing against it with no luck. They finally stop it with assistance from Ultraman.

Harbinger
Sentry's a blonde. Glads has purple hair and a mohawk. Team 1 takes it.

Enyalus
Well, Thor's a blond. And Orion has the ultimate fail going for him: red hair.

Eel O'Brien
Ultraman wanted it stopped, because he felt the Monitor was betraying them. Superman rushes to stop it from crashing through universe after universe and has no luck, until Ultraman joins in:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_SB1_Supesand.jpg

Very next page, you can infer that it was Ultraman out there because he blames Captain Atom Superman for not doing anything while they were putting their asses on the line:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_SB1_Supesand2.jpg

So...yeah. Superman was pushing against it with no luck. They finally stop it with assistance from Ultraman.

I never said Ultraman wasn't out there; I said he was out there crashing the destroyer.

You can't provide a scan showing Ultraman catching the falling destroyer because there isn't one. You can speculate that he helped keep it aloft, but such speculation is fundamentally opposed to the very nature of the character.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
I never said Ultraman wasn't out there; I said he was out there crashing the destroyer.

You can't provide a scan showing Ultraman catching the falling destroyer because there isn't one. You can speculate that he helped keep it aloft, but such speculation is fundamentally opposed to the very nature of the character.
As much as I hate Eny, I believe he is right. Ultraman stated that they(him & Superman) were risking their necks.

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by xJLxKing
As much as I hate Eny, I believe he is right. Ultraman stated that they(him & Superman) were risking their necks.

Ultraman was obviously risking his neck by directly battling the destroyer; which led to the crash.

My argument has nothing to do with hating Eny. I just think it is grossly out of character for Ultraman to do something like catch a falling object to prevent loss of life. It goes against everything that has been established about his character. Plus it goes against Superman statement that it was in his hands, not his and Ultraman's hands.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.