Odin vs ???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright can this team pull it off. The fight takes place in Asgard.

Team
8th Day Juggernaut
Runner/w Space Gem
Harald Jaekelsson
War Hulk
Silver Surfer
Lockjaw(For help with bfrs)
Gladiator/w Captain Universe power upgrade
Sentry
Firelord
Apocalypse
Dr Doom
Mister Fantastic

Enyalus
You realize the team takes this in a stomp?

Knowsbleed33
Overwhelming victory in favor of the team.

golem370
With somebody who has fought Surtur Thanos Seth/w prep Ymir Mangog, no I didn't really try and make a spite match

Knowsbleed33
Runner or Lockjaw can BFR easy enough. 8th Day Juggernaut and Jaekelsson are basically unbeatable.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
8th Day Juggernaut and Jaekelsson are basically unbeatable.

You left out Gladiator w/ upgrade. mad

golem370
What do you mean? They can bfr Odin or they can get BFR?

King Kandy
How are they going to BFR anywhere he can't just immediately get back from? Also Odin is as powerful as Cytorrak so how could Juggernaut possibly beat him? Odin wins.

Slaanesh
Asgard will be destroy along with Odin..

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by King Kandy
How are they going to BFR anywhere he can't just immediately get back from? Also Odin is as powerful as Cytorrak so how could Juggernaut possibly beat him? Odin wins.

With the SG, the Runner can BFR him pretty much anywhere he wants.

golem370

Lockjaw was help in case somebody got bfr by Odin Runner was in the team because he is incredibly fast and powerful

King Kandy
With the SG, the Runner can BFR him pretty much anywhere he wants.
Are any of those places Odin can't easily get back from?

golem370
In to a black hole.

Knowsbleed33
I guess it depends on where it is? My point was Runner w/ the SG has unlimited BFR potential.

King Kandy
Originally posted by golem370
In to a black hole.
He'll get out.

golem370
Which means anybody who gets bfr by Odin Runner could bring them back.

golem370
It would do some damage.

GalacticStorm
Runner or Lockjaw can BFR easy enough. 8th Day Juggernaut and Jaekelsson are basically unbeatable.

Odin could take out 8th Day Juggernaut. A lot of powerful mystics could. His connection to Cytorraks power just needs to be disrupted. Thor has achieved this with his hammer.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Odin could take out 8th Day Juggernaut. A lot of powerful mystics could. His connection to Cytorraks power just needs to be disrupted. Thor has achieved this with his hammer.

That was when his invulnerability was tied into his forcefield. If he truly separated him from Cyttorak then cain wouldn't have hurt him with a punch nor would a regular human be able to take punches from Thor for a minute without dying or getting KO'd.

Knowsbleed33

Give me some examples please?

Classic Strange said he couldn't do it and he's one of the most powerful mystics we've seen on panel. D'Spayre couldn't even fully do it.

h1a8
He'll get out.
Prove it. He would be destroyed instantly.
Remember his durability is far less than Thor's since Odin is a pure Asgardian (90tons max) while Thor is a hybrid.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
Remember his durability is far less than Thor's since Odin is a pure Asgardian (90tons max) while Thor is a hybrid. odinforce amps durability and strength.

King Kandy
Remember his durability is far less than Thor's since Odin is a pure Asgardian (90tons max) while Thor is a hybrid.
He has the durability to withstand Thanos blasts whereas Thor does not. His durability is mystically enhanced.

Enyalus
This time h1 has a point. A black hole was enough to flat out utterly destroy two universal-level threats in Maelstrom and Asteroth. Yet someone like Surfer and Thanos can survive them. Pretty strange.

psycho gundam
the black hole that "killed" maelstrom was gigantic, it was as you said universe threatening. even the combined group of watchers couldn't do a damn thing to stop it.

Knowsbleed33
The most powerful host of Celestials couldn't stop it.

Kasper Gutman
Odin wins. He fights tougher opponents all the time. Odin is seriously being slighted in this thread.

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
odinforce amps durability and strength.

Prove it. Because from what I've read Odin is class 90 at best.

Enyalus
Prove it. Because from what I've read Odin is class 90 at best.

And what've you read besides the Marvel.com bios?

h1a8
He has the durability to withstand Thanos blasts whereas Thor does not. His durability is mystically enhanced.

Energy projection durability isn't the same as physical durability (a black hole). Thanos' blasts aren't anywhere near black hole level. Thor has taken blasts far greater than Thanos can project.

h1a8
Originally posted by Enyalus
And what've you read besides the Marvel.com bios?

I don't read Marvel.com bios. They are completely wrong. I read OHOTMU. I also have several Thor comics. Odin has no strength feats. He is a pure asgardian (50tons average male) where Thor is a hybrid.
Thor is the strongest and most durable asgardian.

Naija boy
Odin wins

lawest9
Afully powered awakened from the odinsleep odin takes this powerful team out!

lawest9
I don't read Marvel.com bios. They are completely wrong. I read OHOTMU. I also have several Thor comics. Odin has no strength feats. He is a pure asgardian (50tons average male) where Thor is a hybrid.
Thor is the strongest and most durable asgardian. Last that i read on the asgardians average strength level, it was class 30 for males and class 25 for females and odin in his old age class 60 ton level as it was said that his strength was probably much greater in his youth, possibly class 100.

WhiteWitchKing
8th Day Juggernaut - Teleported into a black hole
Runner/w Space Gem - hard fought battle with Odin. Still loses
Harald Jaekelsson - black hole
War Hulk - Into a sun smile
Silver Surfer - one shotted
Lockjaw(For help with bfrs) - one shotted
Gladiator/w Captain Universe power upgrade - Sent to another timeline
Sentry - one shotted
Firelord - one shotted
Apocalypse - one shotted
Dr Doom - one shotted
Mister Fantastic - one shotted

Odin wins 9/10.

D_Dude1210
Why is reed richards and dr. doom even in here if there isn't any prep involved?

ThunderGodEneru
And what've you read besides the Marvel.com bios? Even the bios state that. erm

basilisk
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
8th Day Juggernaut - Teleported into a black hole
Runner/w Space Gem - hard fought battle with Odin. Still loses
Harald Jaekelsson - black hole
War Hulk - Into a sun smile
Silver Surfer - one shotted
Lockjaw(For help with bfrs) - one shotted
Gladiator/w Captain Universe power upgrade - Sent to another timeline
Sentry - one shotted
Firelord - one shotted
Apocalypse - one shotted
Dr Doom - one shotted
Mister Fantastic - one shotted

Odin wins 9/10.

Interesting. Odin has demonstrated time and dimension spanning powers well beyond classic Thor's. He probably could just BFR 8th Day Juggernaut rather than try to fight head on. And with Jaekelsson it brings up a good point - did Strange (or anyone) just try to BFR him instead of more direct attacks?

Lockjaw would probably BFR himself when the fireworks started. Dogs don't like fireworks.

Most of the rest go down as stated. If Odin can stand up to what Thanos dished out without much trouble he probably has the durability to last the fight.

Odin also could probably return to Asgard if they tried to BFR him.

Not sure about what the Runner could do though.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
That was when his invulnerability was tied into his forcefield. If he truly separated him from Cyttorak then cain wouldn't have hurt him with a punch nor would a regular human be able to take punches from Thor for a minute without dying or getting KO'd.

Juggernauts total indestructibility is as a result of his forcefield. He is highly durable without it however its the combination of both which makes him truly unstoppable.

Thor temporarily disrupted the force field making him more of a match for Juggernaut. I never said he completely negated the Cytorrak connection or obviously he would've lost the majority of his power. Not necessarily all as you suggest because before the World War Hulk event Jugg had no connection with Cytorrak, he had just absorbed enough of the power over such a length of time that he was able to retain a measure of his former abilities. No connection with Cytorrak does not mean a complete reversion to Cain Marko.

GalacticStorm

golem370
Dr Doom, Mister Fantastic & Apocalypse could come up with something on panel during the fight. You have a lot of fast and powerful team members Sentry Runner Firelord Silver Surfer & Gladiator

D_Dude1210
Dr Doom, Mister Fantastic & Apocalypse could come up with something on panel during the fight. You have a lot of fast and powerful team members Sentry Runner Firelord Silver Surfer & Gladiator

Dr Doom and Mister Fantastic will most likely get one shotted first soon as the fight starts. Long before they can even muster a coherent thought.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Dr Doom and Mister Fantastic will most likely get one shotted first soon as the fight starts. Long before they can even muster a coherent thought.

I dont know, Doom is a powerful mystic in his own right. erm

D_Dude1210
I dont know, Doom is a powerful mystic in his own right. erm

Compared to Odin? :P

Kris Blaze

GalacticStorm
Compared to Odin? :P

Well no, but hes powerful enough to not get one shotted lol.

I'd say Odin wins 7/10

Kris Blaze
Well no, but hes powerful enough to not get one shotted lol.

I'd say Odin wins 7/10

Is he now?

The Surfer and Drax weren't powerful enough.

D_Dude1210
Yeah, Odin can one shot most of the ppl in the list. And I doubt their combined attack will one shot Odin.

They can pull off some wins tho if Reed and Doom comes up with some crazy way of negating his power somehow. They seem to be able to do anything given even a few mins to prep. If Odin becomes arrogant and decides to engage the stronger ones first, it can happen.

Odin 7/10 for me, too. smile

Kris Blaze
When he's COMPLETELY unaffected by attacks from Thanos, these guys needs to bring a bit more to the table. Runner's the wild card imo.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
When he's COMPLETELY unaffected by attacks from Thanos, these guys needs to bring a bit more to the table. Runner's the wild card imo.

Agreed. Tho, like I said, Reed and Doom can always seem to come up with some crazy ways to win impossible fights against uberpowerful opponents, they might be able to figure out some way to negate Odin's power given time and a little arrogance from Odin. And the allfather does get a bit arrogant sometimes. stick out tongue

Tho, if you remove that kinda possibility from the fight, I'd give Odin 9/10 or 10/10 in this.

GalacticStorm

He never beat Thanos easily. He did so without great difficulty, but i wouldnt call it a walk in the park.

Kris Blaze
He never beat Thanos easily. He did so without great difficulty, but i wouldnt call it a walk in the park.

I agree. Odin definitely had to exert himself in his fight against Thanos. Some claim Odin had an easy time, some claim that Thanos didn't lose, I agree with neither. Odin won, but had to put a lot of effort into it.

Anyways, what I wanted to call attention to was Odin's durability. He took a lot of attacks from Thanos to no effect.

Lord Feron
I agree. Odin definitely had to exert himself in his fight against Thanos. Some claim Odin had an easy time, some claim that Thanos didn't lose, I agree with neither. Odin won, but had to put a lot of effort into it.

Anyways, what I wanted to call attention to was Odin's durability. He took a lot of attacks from Thanos to no effect.

IMO Odin was more surprised that Thanos was not dead with the 1st few blows. If Odin cut lose and didn't totally underestimate Thanos he would have been toast easily. But would of could of should of blah blah. Anyway Odin with bullcrap off should take the vast majority here.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Lord Feron
IMO Odin was more surprised that Thanos was not dead with the 1st few blows. If Odin cut lose and didn't totally underestimate Thanos he would have been toast easily. But would of could of should of blah blah. Anyway Odin with bullcrap off should take the vast majority here.

Yeah.

In a fight between Odin and Thanos, Odin could theoretically just invest A LOT of power into his first attacks and drop the titan immediately.

Enyalus

Gladiator w/ CU powerup should be Gladiator x50 statwise, shouldn't he? That's a pretty huge wildcard...

I don't remember him doing anything with it when he actually had it in the Captain Universe mini, though. Just standing there looking starry.

Enyalus
Yeah.

In a fight between Odin and Thanos, Odin could theoretically just invest A LOT of power into his first attacks and drop the titan immediately.

I don't really agree. The first two shots? Yeah, Odin was going easy. When he first summons Gungir and blasts Thanos, though, Thanos was clearly taken off-guard by it and hurled across the Rainbow Bridge into Asgard. When he was ready for the attack, though, he walked right through it. I doubt Odin let off four easy attacks. I think the first two and the one he one-shot Surfer with were easy. The last two were Odin trying.

EDIT: I just saw this:

So nevermind, really.

golem370
Thanos did not lose the fight was not over with Odin who knows what would have happened.

Kris Blaze
lulz.

Enyalus
Thanos did not lose the fight was not over with Odin who knows what would have happened.

Thanos would've been slapped around for a little while longer until he couldn't move anymore and Odin was exhausted from hitting him?

Seen the Joystick vs. Spider Woman fight in The New Thunderbolts? That's how the fight would've played out.

Lord Feron
Gladiator w/ CU powerup should be Gladiator x50 statwise, shouldn't he? That's a pretty huge wildcard...

I don't remember him doing anything with it when he actually had it in the Captain Universe mini, though. Just standing there looking starry.

Yeah I wanted to say but since there aint no feats there aint no story. IMO Glads X 50 + Matter Manip + cosmic awareness + a vast aray of other powers would seriously shit stomp anyone below skyfather.

Odin is peak Skyfather imo so Glads would not be able to beat him but he would make a good distraction and be the only next to 8th day and Runner that would be able to tank repeated hits/blasts from a angry Odin.

D_Dude1210
If Odin cud one shot the Surfer (bitchoneshot is more like it), I doubt any of them will be tanking anything from Odin.

Odin has a level of omniscience, he'd know to cut off Jugz from his power (same way Thor did) and he'd one shot Jugz just as easily or BFR him somewhere he can't come back from, like a black hole.

Kris Blaze
If Odin cud one shot the Surfer (bitchoneshot is more like it), I doubt any of them will be tanking anything from Odin.

Odin has a level of omniscience, he'd know to cut off Jugz from his power (same way Thor did) and he'd one shot Jugz just as easily or BFR him somewhere he can't come back from, like a black hole.

I was about to mention Odin near-omniscience.

You can't "tank" Odin's blasts, he's not a god damn world of warcraft raid boss. Juggernaut can't just shout "You suck as" and Odin will focus on JUST him big grin

Enyalus
laughing out loud

Kris Blaze
Maybe if you brought a Paladin mmm

D_Dude1210
Surfer: ZOMG AGGRO!

Dr. Doom: DAMMIT JUGZ L2KEEP AGGRO YOU NOOB!!

Surfer: battle rez plz...

Gladiator: WTB HEALZ!

Runner: I'm OOM!

Jugz: Dammit! let me get some sunders in there!

Reed: 10 seconds to enrage guys!

Apocalypse: WIPE!!!

Or it could go like this:

Reed: If we hide behind juggernaught and use his force field to deflect the initial damage, we can improve our chances by 50%... Doom can you compute our chances now?

Doom: I'd say we'd have a 33.33, repeating of course, percent chance of success...

Reed: Now if we take Asgard's mystical aura into consideration and figuring in Dooms mystical powers...

Harald Jaekelsson: OK LETS DO DIZ!!!

Harald Jaekelsson: HARAALLDDD JAEEEKELZZOOON!!!

Reed: WTF..!!

Kris Blaze
Surfer: ZOMG AGGRO!

Dr. Doom: DAMMIT JUGZ L2KEEP AGGRO YOU NOOB!!

Surfer: battle rez plz...

Gladiator: WTB HEALZ!

Runner: I'm OOM!

Jugz: Dammit! let me get some sunders in there!

Reed: 10 seconds to enrage guys!

Apocalypse: WIPE!!!

Or it could go like this:

Reed: If we hide behind juggernaught and use his force field to deflect the initial damage, we can improve our chances by 50%... Doom can you compute our chances now?

Doom: I'd say we'd have a 33.33, repeating of course, percent chance of success...

Reed: Now if we take Asgard's mystical aura into consideration and figuring in Dooms mystical powers...

Harald Jaekelsson: OK LETS DO DIZ!!!

Harald Jaekelsson: HARAALLDDD JAEEEKELZZOOON!!!

Reed: WTF..!!

I can't stop laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi
I would love to see a fight between Thanos and Odin now and see how it all plays out with Thanos's upgrades.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I would love to see a fight between Thanos and Odin now and see how it all plays out with Thanos's upgrades.

Must be some upgrade if he's going to go from not scratching Odin to taking a win.

Nihilist
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I would love to see a fight between Thanos and Odin now and see how it all plays out with Thanos's upgrades. imo he would only stalemate him at best.

Enyalus
Must be some upgrade if he's going to go from not scratching Odin to taking a win.

I think it'd be roughly a stalemate. Or something close to that. Thanos fought kind of retarded against him. No TP, no shields, and only attempting to physically attack him once. Meh. His fight with the Maker is how it should go down...except, y'know, tougher than that.

Naija boy
8th day juggs- Odin bfrs him/absorbs his lifeforce

Runner with space gem- Probly the toughest in this match but odin will still win via lifeforce absorption or mental attacks

Haraeld Jaekalson- gets one or two shotted

War hulk- is taken out same way as above

silver surfer- gets taken out same as the above two guys

Lockjaw- either gets turned into asgards royal dog or gets eaten by volstagg

Glad w/upgrade- Gets his essence scattered across solar winds

Sentry,Firelord,apocalypse Doom, Mr fantastic- All get one shotted

Kris Blaze
I think it'd be roughly a stalemate. Or something close to that. Thanos fought kind of retarded against him. No TP, no shields, and only attempting to physically attack him once. Meh. His fight with the Maker is how it should go down...except, y'know, tougher than that.

- Odin would most likely destroy Thanos telepathically, seeing as Odin was able to curse Thor of his warrior madness when Thanos was afraid to even attempt.

- Thanos is ALWAYS use his forcefields, most of them are incorporated into his suit. Odin was also using forcefields in the fight.

- His fight with the Maker? First he got one-shotted. When he tried again he had Skreet to deflect attacks and gain The Maker's attention. Then he was able to take advantage of the MAJOR weakness The Maker had, telepathy.

Enyalus
- Thanos is ALWAYS use his forcefields, most of them are incorporated into his suit. Odin was also using forcefields in the fight.

It looked to me like both Thanos and Odin were simply tanking each other's blasts on durability alone.

- His fight with the Maker? First he got one-shotted. When he tried again he had Skreet to deflect attacks and gain The Maker's attention. Then he was able to take advantage of the MAJOR weakness The Maker had, telepathy.

When he fought one-on-one against her he did have the advantage clearly, blasting and count-blasting energy shots and all that. Its only after he beats her that he shuts her mind down.

Kris Blaze
When he fought one-on-one against her he did have the advantage clearly, blasting and count-blasting energy shots and all that. Its only after he beats her that he shuts her mind down.

He caught her off guard, like she did with the last time AND he had assistance.

If the maker had fought anyone else and hadn't been killed off by the annihilation wave, it might've been a feat. It just doesn't come close to the level Odin operates on.

Enyalus
He caught her off guard, like she did with the last time AND he had assistance.

If the maker had fought anyone else and hadn't been killed off by the annihilation wave, it might've been a feat. It just doesn't come close to the level Odin operates on.

erm She teleported to him after he hurt her. She dealt with Skreet easily, and then they fought. Nothing off-guard about it. He beat her heads up. But I agree, Odin would be more difficult. I was only saying I kinda wish that's how the Odin/Thanos fight had been. Looked much cooler than just blast, counter blast, blast, counter blast.

Kris Blaze
erm She teleported to him after he hurt her. She dealt with Skreet easily, and then they fought. Nothing off-guard about it. He beat her heads up. But I agree, Odin would be more difficult. I was only saying I kinda wish that's how the Odin/Thanos fight had been. Looked much cooler than just blast, counter blast, blast, counter blast.

I thought the Odin fight looked much cooler. It's a matter of opinion.

What cannot be disputed however is that the Maker's feats don't even come close to Odins.

Enyalus
What cannot be disputed however is that the Maker's feats don't even come close to Odins.

Sure. But the Maker was still the Beyonder. With all the infinite power that implies. Just took mortal form. Which meant she had issues dealing with all the sensations so obviously wasn't at her best. But she wasn't technically less powerful or anything.

Kris Blaze
Sure. But the Maker was still the Beyonder. With all the infinite power that implies. Just took mortal form. Which meant she had issues dealing with all the sensations so obviously wasn't at her best. But she wasn't technically less powerful or anything.

Yes, she was less powerful.

Far less powerful.

Which you can see, when you read the comic book.

Kris Blaze
And here is how the fight actually went down, even though it's going a bit off topic.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Thanos10-015.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Thanos10-016.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Thanos10-017.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Thanos10-018.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Thanos10-019-1.jpg

How anyone can claim that she is still equally powerful to the Beyonder is truly BEYOND me. And any idiot can she that Thanos assaults her telepathically in the first scan and that Skreet plays a role in the fight.

h1a8

SupremeMan
With somebody who has fought Surtur Thanos Seth/w prep Ymir Mangog, no I didn't really try and make a spite match

Odin's very powerful but he cannot beat all these guys at once assuming they are all at their best.

xJLxKing
Team should beat him fast

Naija boy
How can this team possibly defeat Odin fast? Theyd be hardpressed to do it at all. Almost half of them can be oneshotted with the same blast. Then two of their heavy hitters Surfer and 8th day juggs could also be taken out quickly (surfer via blast to ko,8th day via enchanmtment manipulation). the real threat here is runner with the space gem.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Team should get beat fast

Fixd.

big juggy man
Juggernauts total indestructibility is as a result of his forcefield. He is highly durable without it however its the combination of both which makes him truly unstoppable.

Thor temporarily disrupted the force field making him more of a match for Juggernaut. I never said he completely negated the Cytorrak connection or obviously he would've lost the majority of his power. Not necessarily all as you suggest because before the World War Hulk event Jugg had no connection with Cytorrak, he had just absorbed enough of the power over such a length of time that he was able to retain a measure of his former abilities. No connection with Cytorrak does not mean a complete reversion to Cain Marko.

Nice try but you would be wrong, The Juggernaut's body itself is completely invunerable to physical attacks. That writer apparently thought the Juggernaut was only invunerable because of his force field which is wrong. Every single big from Marvel states the same thing about Jugs invunerability.

Not to mention this is 8th day Juggernaut who was stated to be much more powerful than regular Juggernaut, I don't see how Odin could beat all of these people at the same time.

Priest
Odin wins.

Priest
Odin Amping himself and going H2H against Dr.Doom with Galactus's power and a Cosmic Cube:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4540/fftwgcm11odingalactusrivals4li.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9501/doomasgardians9km.jpg
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/1685/doomodin17yr.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8565/doomodin26rz.jpg

golem370
Anybody bfr by Odin could possibly be brought back by Lockjaw or Runner.

the Darkone
Odin still

h1a8
Alright can this team pull it off. The fight takes place in Asgard.

Team
8th Day Juggernaut
Runner/w Space Gem
Harald Jaekelsson
War Hulk
Silver Surfer
Lockjaw(For help with bfrs)
Gladiator/w Captain Universe power upgrade
Sentry
Firelord
Apocalypse
Dr Doom
Mister Fantastic

Harald solos
8th Day solos (outside BFR)
Surfer can solo with black hole
Sentry at best can solo
Runner can solo

This is spite thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.