Ultimate Heroes and Villains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
If you have to choose five members each for an ultimate Heroes and Villains team, who would you pick?

CIS is in play. E.g Hulk is still not very intelligent. But assume no in-fighting.

Forbidden Characters:

Superman, Dark Phoenix, Silver Surfer, Charles Xavier, Hancock, Freddy, The Mask, or anyone equal or more powerful than these characters.

. . .

Heroes

Villains

Which Team would win?

Placidity
Heroes
1. Human Torch
2. Yoda
3. Hulk
4. Susan Storm
5. Ghost Rider

Villains
1. Dr Doom
2. Magneto
3. Sandman
4. Abomination
5. Palpatine

Which Team would win?

Lol, I haven't done a very good job for the heroes team have I? Hope someone can do better. Seems very hard to beat my villains team, lets make that as part of the challenge.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Placidity

Forbidden Characters:

Superman, Dark Phoenix, Silver Surfer, Charles Xavier, Hancock, Freddy, The Mask, or anyone equal or more powerful than these characters.

So we can't use Wolverine? erm

Ghey thread is ghey.

Placidity
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
So we can't use Wolverine? erm

Ghey thread is ghey.

Ok fine... but that would be the only exception.

Final Blaxican
Yay! eek!

Heroes:
Wolverine
Ghost Rider
Spiderman
Susan Storm
Collosus

Villains:
Dr.Doom
Darth Sideous
Magneto
Joker for the lulz.
Sandman for the muscle.

I had Hulk in my good guy line-up, but I think that if he is fighting IC he'd be too much of a liability to his own team mates. Even if he doesn't fight them himself he's too destructvie.

Rogue Jedi
Heroes:

1. T 800
2. Hulk
3. Ghost Rider
4. Wolverine
5. Bob Lee Swagger (Or perhaps Agent 47).....I can hear the chuckles now, but Bob Lee or Agent 47 can sit in a hide a mile away and snipe away. .50 Caliber sniper rifle penetrates an inch of steel at 2000 yards.

Villians

1. Terminatrix
2. T 1000
3. Sabretooth
4. Magneto
5. Green Goblin

If Bob Lee snipes Magneto right away, Heroes pwn. If not, the Villians pwn.

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

If Bob Lee snipes Magneto right away, Heroes pwn. If not, the Villians pwn.

I'm pretty sure he can "sense" metals. And at a mile away, he'll have plenty of time to sense the speeding bullet and react accordingly.

Rogue Jedi
I dont remember Magneto "sensing" metal in the movies.

Placidity
I dont remember Magneto "sensing" metal in the movies.

He sensed the iron in the security guard's blood, and he sensed Wolverine twice.

MightyEInherjar
He sensed the iron in the security guard's blood, and he sensed Wolverine twice.
"I can smell your adamantium a mile away..."

Rogue Jedi
If I remember correctly, he said he smelled Wolvie's skeleton. And Magneto knew the iron was already in the guard. He is never shown sensing lead, therefore he won't sense a bullet approaching him.

Placidity
If I remember correctly, he said he smelled Wolvie's skeleton. And Magneto knew the iron was already in the guard. He is never shown sensing lead, therefore he won't sense a bullet approaching him.

1. It's called a metaphor.

2. Magneto did not know beforehand that there would be iron in the guard.

He sensed it in both cases (and I don't mean by smell).

Rogue Jedi
I know it's a metaphor, he doesn't have enhanced senses, durh.

In the case of the guard, you trying to tell me he had no idea that Mystique would inject the guard? Either she let him know somehow, he told her to, or more likely it was a contingency plan that they had in case he was eve incarcerated.

Oh **** it, I am gonna research it haermm

Vvendeta
1. Cyclops
2. Iceman
3. Colossus
4. Mace Windu
5. Hellboy

villains

1.Darth Sidious
2. Voldemor
3. Sandman
4. T 1000
5. Predator

Placidity

In the case of the guard, you trying to tell me he had no idea that Mystique would inject the guard? Either she let him know somehow, he told her to, or more likely it was a contingency plan that they had in case he was eve incarcerated.

Oh **** it, I am gonna research it haermm

Yeah, he didn't know Mystique was going to inject the guard.

For one thing, I don't think he ever planned to be caught. But the idea of a contingency plan is very sound. However, such a contingency plan would only be formed if they knew they would put him in a plastic prison, which is a new technology developed by Stryker.

But the most convincing point that Magneto discovered the iron by sensing it himself is the scene itself.

Mitchell Laurio: Have a nice sleep, Lensherr?
Magneto: There's something different about you today, Mr. Laurio.
Mitchell Laurio: Yeah, I *was* having a good day.
Magneto: No, it's something else...

I can't find a video of that scene, but if you see it, its clear he discovered it himself.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, he didn't know Mystique was going to inject the guard.

For one thing, I don't think he ever planned to be caught. But the idea of a contingency plan is very sound. However, such a contingency plan would only be formed if they knew they would put him in a plastic prison, which is a new technology developed by Stryker.

But the most convincing point that Magneto discovered the iron by sensing it himself is the scene itself.

Mitchell Laurio: Have a nice sleep, Lensherr?
Magneto: There's something different about you today, Mr. Laurio.
Mitchell Laurio: Yeah, I *was* having a good day.
Magneto: No, it's something else...

I can't find a video of that scene, but if you see it, its clear he discovered it himself. OK, I guess you are right about him sensing metal, I just watched the scene in X2 when he senses the iron in the guard.

But still, I doubt Magneto can sense a bullet coming at him faster than the speed of sound.

Final Blaxican
Why?

Rogue Jedi
Why? You really need to ask that?

OK, In X2, how long did it take him to sense all that extra iron in the guard's blood?

Darth Martin
Are these teams suppose to be the mightiest or just who we would pick to make a cool but effective team?

Rogue Jedi
Hell, Swagger wouldnt even need to be a mile away, he could just be a coupla hundred yards out. The bullet would hit Magneto before Magneto could react.

Dr Will Hatch
HEROES
1. The Bride (Kill Bill)
2. Snake Plissken(Escape from New York and Los Angeles)
3. Blondie (The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly)
4. Peter Pan (2003 movie)
5. Indiana Jones (Raiders...)

VILLAINS
1. Harry Lime (The Third Man)
2. Michael Corleone (The Godfather)
3. Aunt Bea (Meet the Applegates)
4. Kakihara (Ichi the Killer)
5. Khan (Star Trek)

Both sides have access to any equipment or allies. This isn't necessarily a direct confrontation but a matter of who takes the other out first through intrigue and realpolitik.

MightyEInherjar
My lists. Where's the originality?

Heroes

1. King Kong (Peter Jackson)
2. Mighty Joe Young
3. Drago (Dragonheart)
4. Mr. Hyde (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
5. Werewolf Van Helsing (Van Helsing)

Villians

1. Jurassic Park T-Rex
2. Bull Dragon from Reign of Fire
3. The Balrog (LotR)
4. Cyclops (The 7th Voyage of Sinbad)
5. Alien Queen (Aliens)

If it was allowed, I'd throw in one of the Alien Tripods from War of the Worlds, Clover, The Blob, and Godzilla/Gamera to the other side, but IMO that's really pushing the caps here.

Dr Will Hatch
Balrog solos

MightyEInherjar
If the Balrog's too top tier of an opponent, I'd gladly sub him out for the dragon from Beowulf.

Dr Will Hatch
Definatly. With the dragon from Beowulf, I give it to the villains still.

Rogue Jedi
Was King Kong a "good guy?"

Placidity
Why? You really need to ask that?

OK, In X2, how long did it take him to sense all that extra iron in the guard's blood?

The iron was in particle form and diluted in his whole body.

Rogue Jedi
Nevertheless it was there, and it was a large quantity, much larger than the mass of a bullet. Plus the guard was stationary, not moving faster than the speed of sound.

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Are these teams suppose to be the mightiest or just who we would pick to make a cool but effective team?

It was meant to be mightiest. But I guess that might become repetitive. So I guess your choice.

But one thing people are forgetting to do is list who wins out of your two chosen teams (heroes vs villains).

Dr Will Hatch
Who wins from my list?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Who wins from my list? Heroes.

Placidity
Who wins from my list?

You're meant to decide yourself in the same post stick out tongue

But anyway, I'm not familiar enough with those characters to say. Maybe the Heroes cause the Bride is badass.

I would never think of the Bride as a hero though. Shes probably been killing people her whole life. She just got what shes been doing to others.

Rogue Jedi

I would never think of the Bride as a hero though. Shes probably been killing people her whole life. She just got what shes been doing to others. Anti Hero, maybe?

Dr Will Hatch
The Bride was a hero by the end of the second film.

Q:You're meant to decide yourself in the same post

I think Khan would seal the deal in favor of the villains.

Placidity
The Bride was a hero by the end of the second film.

I don't remember the movie well, but why was she a hero???

Dr Will Hatch
She killed Bill and all the DIVAS, that's pretty heroic(Who were world class assassins and caused a ton of damage). It may not have been for noble reasons, but she did protect her kid. But Bill did too. Hmm...

Placidity
She killed Bill and all the DIVAS, that's pretty heroic(Who were world class assassins and caused a ton of damage). It may not have been for noble reasons, but she did protect her kid. But Bill did too. Hmm...

Yea... I just saw it as a revenge film really.

Darth Martin
Heroes:
Yoda
Mace Windu
Iron Man
Mr. Incredible
Storm

Villains:
Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader
Syndrome
Juggernaut
Magneto

Villains win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.