Leonidas vs. Aragorn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
The King of Sparta versus the King of Minas Tirith.

Both are equipped with a sword and shield.

Fight is in the Hot Gates.

Which king shall prevail?

Nemesis X
Crap! Can someone move this?

Aztec123
I like Aragon better, but Leonidas wins this hands down. imo..
I think Leonidas vs. Achilles and Aragon vs. Hector would have been better matches.. but whatever it's your threat lol

Final Blaxican
What amazing skills did Leonidas show one on one?

ThunderGodEneru
He showed nigh superhuman physical attributes and killed a large tiger with a spear when he was a boy.

But, sword and shield, it is much closer.

KingD19
Also, one of his warriors who was more than likely weaker than him, killed a giant rhino. Also, he killed that 8ft+ monstrosity that looked like a mini giant from RE4.

jinXed by JaNx
Aragorn would win this match easily in my eyes. Leonidas relied on his men, just like any other Spartan.Aragorn is more of a lone warrior. Aragorn advanced through hordes of orcs like they were nothing.

mr.smiley
Leonidas is a supreame bad ass, but I really don't think he will take down Aragorn.
I think Leonidas has the upperhand during the beginning on the fight, but Aragorn will outwit him and take the win.

Darth Martin
Leonidas is hands down superior physically in everyway. He also has more experience.

Leonidas quite handly.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Leonidas is hands down superior physically in everyway. He also has more experience.

Leonidas quite handly.

More experience? Aragon is what? 70 years old? I think it's safe to say he has more experience that Leonidas.

Robtard
Aragorn is the far better swordsman/fighter. I doubt Lenidas, despite all his strength, could land a serious blow on Aragorn.

I think Aragorn wins this by slowly picking Leonidas apart.

Aragorn is 80+ (88 in the books). He tells this to the king's daughter (forget her name) in the extended version.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
70 years old? Based on what?

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Based on what?

The movie and he's actually older than 80.

jinXed by JaNx
How is Leonidas more experienced? The movies suggest just the opposite.

Helms deep is easily comparable to Thermopylae. In fact, the battle at Helms deep was inspired by Thermopylae. This is why, originally, there were only something like, 300 men at Helms deep. This is neither here nor there though, Helms Deep lasted only a night but it was Aragorns presence that gave the men the morale to fight. I only bring this up because it shows that Aragorn, like Leonidas brings morale to the men around him.

We see Aragorn fighting Orcs and other inhuman beasts that dwarf Humans in size and strength. Aragorn cut through Hordes of enemies (alone) with great ease and with no shield. He is a masterful swordsman.
Leonidas is a badass for sure but his strength comes primarily from the men around him. This is how Spartans fight. We never really saw Leonidas fight without the aid of his men. I'm not trying to suggest that he can't but the Spartans fighting strategy relies on the men around them. We have, however, seen Aragorn take down small groups of Orcs, alone.

Aragorn is the better swordsman and from what the movies have shown us, he is much more battle hardened. The only problem i see Aragorn having is Leonidas' shield. A spartans shield is an extention of their body. The shield could prove to be a problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.