Could Thanos get the job done.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
as prime did to Monarch and have the durability to take and trade shots with Monarch and enough strength to rip open Monarch's suit for the victory?

carver9
easily

iceman24567
He would die no expression

Kris Blaze
I don't think he could rip it open like Prime, but he could probably crack it.

carver9
I think he could since thanos is generally more powerful then prime (not physically).

Juntai
No.

Enyalus
Physically trading blows shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't say Monarch's energy blasts would be a problem, either, considering him tanking Odin's blasts plus his shielding, etc.

I don't think he could physically rip open Monarch's suit. Maybe crack it. Blasts would probably do the trick though. But then he'd lose/stalemate, 'cause he's not surviving a universe-busting blast.

Nihilist
he'd pimpslap his armour open and absorb the energynone

carver9
Originally posted by Juntai
No.

yes he is

The Nuul
Depends on who you ask.....

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
easily Agreed.

xJLxKing
Thanos cant break it physically. Maybe another way, but then he'd die

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Thanos cant break it physically. Maybe another way, but then he'd die He can teleport away or erect a shield. A Monitor's shield survived it.

fangirl101
Monarch would Pwn Thanos. Before Thanos trades one blow. He'd have all his shielding stretched to the limit like galactus did. hell monarch would simply absorb the shields energy into himself and embarrass Thanos.

Monarch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
Monarch would Pwn Thanos. Before Thanos trades one blow. He'd have all his shielding stretched to the limit like galactus did. hell monarch would simply absorb the shields energy into himself and embarrass Thanos.

Monarch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos. No, he wouldn't. Odin is more powerful than Monarch and he didn't even put Thanos done pre upgrade. Galactus is far more powerful than Monarch. Galactus would laugh at Prime while Prime proved to be more than Monarch could handle.

Thanos beats Monarch any day of the week.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, he wouldn't. Odin is more powerful than Monarch and he didn't even put Thanos done pre upgrade. Galactus is far more powerful than Monarch. Galactus would laugh at Prime while Prime proved to be more than Monarch could handle.

It's impossible to argue with you!!

Enyalus
It's impossible to argue with you!!

Only because Quan is always right.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Enyalus
Only because Quan is always right.

While you are always wrong.

Deja-vu.

quanchi112
It's impossible to argue with you!! What is incorrect in this statement?

Enyalus

Juntai
Thanos would need the power gem and a fanboy writing his character to be nearly as impressive as Monarch was in a straight up fight. Monarch trouncing the heros through countdown and Arena was that kind of showing, it was more impressive than fighting off Hulk, Captain America, Thing, Doom, etc, like he did weidling the Gauntlet. If you think Thanos is strong enough to do what Monarch did there, without a power-up, make a thread with him versus teams of GLs, Supermens, Captain Atoms, etc like Monarch did, and do it as effortlessly as Monarch did. See if others feel the same.

The fight between Prime and Monarch was a testament to how powerful Prime had gotten in that part of the story. Not how weak Monarch is. Prime in his own right has fairly much railroaded his compeition too

Monarch 'had everything planned out' and might have won his war against the Monitors, until Prime, a seemingly unstoppable wildcard, got in the way.

quanchi112
Thanos would need the power gem and a fanboy writing his character to be nearly as impressive as Monarch was in a straight up fight. Monarch trouncing the heros through countdown and Arena was that kind of showing, it was more impressive than fighting off Hulk, Captain America, Thing, Doom, etc, like he did weidling the Gauntlet. If you think Thanos is strong enough to do what Monarch did there, without a power-up, make a thread with him versus teams of GLs, Supermens, Captain Atoms, etc like Monarch did, and do it as effortlessly as Monarch did. See if others feel the same.

The fight between Prime and Monarch was a testament to how powerful Prime had gotten in that part of the story. Not how weak Monarch is. Prime in his own right has fairly much railroaded his compeition too

Monarch 'had everything planned out' and might have won his war against the Monitors, until Prime, a seemingly unstoppable wildcard, got in the way. Monarch did own the those heroes easily. That was very impressive, but when he went up against an amped Prime it was even steven. Thanos hasn't taken down as many top tiers before like Monarch has but he has held his own against a more powerful character such as Odin and easily took on power gem Thor who wrecked top tiers easily which included Strange.

All you have to do to beat Monarch is open his armor which Thanos can more than easily do. He has teleportational abilities and can shield himself to survive the ensuing destruction.

xJLxKing
What is incorrect in this statement? Thanos beats Monarch any day of the week.

That one!

Juntai
My bad.

Thanos would need the power gem and a fanboyand quanchi112 included?] writing his character to be nearly as impressive as Monarch was in a straight up fight. Monarch trouncing the heros through countdown and Arena was that kind of showing, it was more impressive than fighting off Hulk, Captain America, Thing, Doom, etc, like he did weidling the Gauntlet. If you think Thanos is strong enough to do what Monarch did there, without a power-up, make a thread with him versus teams of GLs, Supermens, Captain Atoms, etc like Monarch did, and do it as effortlessly as Monarch did. See if others feel the same.

Monarch 'had everything planned out' and might have won his war against the Monitors, until Prime, a seemingly unstoppable wildcard, got in the way.

There, fixed.

quanchi112

That one! He has the power, the strength, the shields, and the tech to do so.....so how is this not true?

How does Monarch defeat him?

fangirl101
He has the power, the strength, the shields, and the tech to do so.....so how is this not true?

By being far more powerful. His shields couldn't even stand up to galactus. And galactus does not bust Universes.

Enyalus
My bad.

There, fixed.

laughing out loud

Thanos certainly wouldn't be able to take on all of the heroes Monarch did at once. But I saw that as more a durability feat due to Monarch's armor....clearly Thanos would feel those shots a lot more once his shields went down.

One on one, though? I think Thanos vs. Monarch could go either way. And I can't recall Adam/Monarch resisting top-tier level TP....

xJLxKing
He has the power, the strength, the shields, and the tech to do so.....so how is this not true?

Yup there are more incorrect statements

What power? I bet Thanos wouldn't be able to beat the amount of heroes that Monarch beat. Thanos would go crawling back to whatever pit spawned him if he ever fought them. His shield can't even help him against Gala

Enyalus
And galactus does not bust Universes.

Monarch busted one universe by dying. Galactus dying was going to bust the entire 616 and Negative Zone....

xJLxKing
laughing out loud

Thanos certainly wouldn't be able to take on all of the heroes Monarch did at once. But I saw that as more a durability feat due to Monarch's armor....clearly Thanos would feel those shots a lot more once his shields went down.

One on one, though? I think Thanos vs. Monarch could go either way. And I can't recall Adam/Monarch resisting top-tier level TP....
So here is a question? How does Thanos survive the explosion.

Enyalus
So here is a question? How does Thanos survive the explosion.

If you paid attention on the first page I said he doesn't. In a forum fight. In a comic fight he'd teleport out of the way.

fangirl101
Monarch busted one universe by dying. Galactus dying was going to bust the entire 616 and Negative Zone.... You must have missed all of the captain atom comics where it was shown that he could control the universe on a quantum lvl. Change time. History. everything. Yeah. you did. Monarch was nothing more than captain atom unleashed. when thanos has Universe busting energy inside of him let me know.

xJLxKing
If you paid attention on the first page I said he doesn't. In a forum fight. In a comic fight he'd teleport out of the way.
Teleport where?

Enyalus
when thanos has Universe busting energy inside of him let me know.

Your initial comment was Galactus could not...not that Thanos couldn't. Which is obvious.

Enyalus
Teleport where?

How about to Death's Realm without being dead? Which he's done before. Or inside Sanctuary whose shields I'm sure could tank the explosion.

xJLxKing
How about to Death's Realm without being dead? Which he's done before. Or inside Sanctuary whose shields I'm sure could tank the explosion.
He shields couldn't hold Galactus' attacks, and to teleport to death's realm is cheap.

quanchi112
By being far more powerful. His shields couldn't even stand up to galactus. And galactus does not bust Universes. Did you read annihilation? He was going to be used as a bomb to destroy two universes. laughing out loud Originally posted by xJLxKing
Yup there are more incorrect statements

What power? I bet Thanos wouldn't be able to beat the amount of heroes that Monarch beat. Thanos would go crawling back to whatever pit spawned him if he ever fought them. His shield can't even help him against Gala Galactus is more powerful than Monarch and Prime combined.

quanchi112
Teleport where? He really doesn't have to. Monitor's shields easily weathered the blast.

Juntai
laughing out loud

One on one, though? I think Thanos vs. Monarch could go either way. And I can't recall Adam/Monarch resisting top-tier level TP.... Due to limited showings, I there isn't really anything entirely concrete...but I'll throw this out there for consideration.... since I imagine it would be similar to this conclusion when Vampire Batman tried to hyptonize the alternate.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/resistanttohypnosis1.jpg

Since he's made of energy, you'd have an easier time trying to hypnotize/tp attack a nuclear reactor?

Enyalus
He shields couldn't hold Galactus' attacks, and to teleport to death's realm is cheap.

Those were his personal forcefields...Sanctuary is his enormous ship which houses the near-infinite power that Thanos taps into.

quanchi112
You must have missed all of the captain atom comics where it was shown that he could control the universe on a quantum lvl. Change time. History. everything. Yeah. you did. Monarch was nothing more than captain atom unleashed. when thanos has Universe busting energy inside of him let me know. Again, the only way he releases universal destroying blasts is when he loses.

xJLxKing
Again, the only way he releases universal destroying blasts is when he loses.
Which will also kill the one who killed him

quanchi112
Which will also kill the one who killed him So the best Monarch can do is stalemate...

xJLxKing
So the best Monarch can do is stalemate... Nope, I am just pointing out that Thanos can't win only stalemate big grin

Raoul
No.

iceman24567
Lulz Thanos is not surviving a universe destroying attack breaching his armor isn't as easy as most would like us to believe fact.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He doesn't have to survive all I'm looking to see if people think Thanos could've accomplished what prime did and in a sense WIN by opening his armor

iceman24567
What strength feats does Thanos have to say he can? Guardian amped Prime had trouble doing it and he's way stronger than Thanos erm

xJLxKing
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
He doesn't have to survive all I'm looking to see if people think Thanos could've accomplished what prime did and in a sense WIN by opening his armor Prime won by killing and surviving.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by iceman24567
What strength feats does Thanos have to say he can? Guardian amped Prime had trouble doing it and he's way stronger than Thanos erm

Why do people always try and use Thanos having strength lifting feats or lack thereof as proof of anything? How many times do I have to say this... Thanos is a Villian and doesn't have to lift anything or push plenets to save ____ or _____'s like Thor, Hulk and supes have to do. Therefore, of course he's not going to have those examples. Yet what we can see is that him casually dismissing said heroes strength and casually pimp slapping away Thor, Hulk, Thing, SS, Drax go exactly to saying something about what Thanos COULD do if goes was to lift 1000000000000000000000 tons as the others I described do to save the world.

shokosugi
No

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by shokosugi
No

Surprised by YOUR response... hardly

iceman24567
So him slapping Hulk and Surfer means he can breach Monarchs armor? Prime struggled to breach it in his most power form. Prime before the amp casually moved planets and broke threw any shields erected to stop or contain him. Thanos does not have the strength feats to breach his armor it doesnt matter who he pimped slapped. Physically Guardian amped Prime is way above Thanos no expression

KuRuPT Thanosi
So him slapping Hulk and Surfer means he can breach Monarchs armor? Prime struggled to breach it in his most power form. Prime before the amp casually moved planets and broke threw any shields erected to stop or contain him. Thanos does not have the strength feats to breach his armor it doesnt matter who he pimped slapped. Physically Guardian amped Prime is way above Thanos no expression

Again your saying he doesn't have the lifting feats to back up that claim well duh of course he doesn't. I don't even know for sure he could do it as it did take a lot for Prime to do so. I'm saying though that Thor, SS and Hulk have strength feats on par with Supes in many ways and he dismisses their strength as nothing. So, are we to assume then that he couldn't lift some of the things those said characters could? I don't think that is a good assumption. I think it's safe to say he could do similar things would you not agree? Whether he could rip open monarch is another matter.

iceman24567
I understand exactly what your saying. Well me just say this then Thanos doesnt have any feats to suggest he can breach Monarchs armor even blasting him I dont think he could erm

KuRuPT Thanosi
I understand exactly what your saying. Well me just say this then Thanos doesnt have any feats to suggest he can breach Monarchs armor even blasting him I dont think he could erm

That's fair enough... I think blasting would also be his best bet to crack the armor. Do you think Thanos could lift some of the stuff that Hulk, Thing, Thor and SS have in the past?

TricksterPriest
Again your saying he doesn't have the lifting feats to back up that claim well duh of course he doesn't. I don't even know for sure he could do it as it did take a lot for Prime to do so. I'm saying though that Thor, SS and Hulk have strength feats on par with Supes in many ways and he dismisses their strength as nothing. So, are we to assume then that he couldn't lift some of the things those said characters could? I don't think that is a good assumption. I think it's safe to say he could do similar things would you not agree? Whether he could rip open monarch is another matter.

Of those guys, only Thor and potentially SS have feats near Superman. And SS needs to amp to get to that level. Thor's best is a notch or two below Superman's.

Prime could do what Thanos does physically easily. He's just on another level. Thanos could not do Prime's feats. It's just out of his league.

iceman24567
That's fair enough... I think blasting would also be his best bet to crack the armor. Do you think Thanos could lift some of the stuff that Hulk, Thing, Thor and SS have in the past? Maybe

Symmetric Chaos
He wouldn't have too much trouble tearing it open but the blast would certainly kill him at that distance.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Of those guys, only Thor and potentially SS have feats near Superman. And SS needs to amp to get to that level. Thor's best is a notch or two below Superman's.

Prime could do what Thanos does physically easily. He's just on another level. Thanos could not do Prime's feats. It's just out of his league.

So, Trick do you think Thanos could perform similiar lifting feats as Thor and SS if he was a hero or wanted to?

fangirl101
Prime>>>Thanos when it comes to strength. There is no debating that.

carver9
Answer this, do you think Doomsday is as strong as superman because doomsday sure as hell doesnt have any lifting feats.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Prime>>>Thanos when it comes to strength. There is no debating that.

Yes but you like to claim DS is greater in strength then even superman because of the way he's casually dismissed him in the past. So, my question is.. since thanos has done that more to heroes with similar feats to supes.. i.e. Thor, Hulk, SS do you think Thanos could lift similar things if he had to? As far as him ripping open the armor as I said I don't know if he could which is why I posed the question. however, people saying he doesn't have the lifting feats to support that is b.s. because of course he doesn't he's a villian like DS

fangirl101
Yes but you like to claim DS is greater in strength then even superman because of the way he's casually dismissed him in the past. So, my question is.. since thanos has done that more to heroes with similar feats to supes.. i.e. Thor, Hulk, SS do you think Thanos could lift similar things if he had to? As far as him ripping open the armor as I said I don't know if he could which is why I posed the question. however, people saying he doesn't have the lifting feats to support that is b.s. because of course he doesn't he's a villian like DS
Thanos is stronger than Most Top tiers. There is no debating that. But Superman is stronger than marvel top tiers. So I'd say he was closer to Thanos in strength than any marvel top tiers save A crazy hulk, and a fully amped Gladiator.

Plus thanos uses energy to amp his strikes most of the times.

Hitting power doesn't always equal lifting power.

Zoom hits harder than Superman. But Superman is far far stronger.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos is stronger than Most Top tiers. There is no debating that. But Superman is stronger than marvel top tiers. So I'd say he was closer to Thanos in strength than any marvel top tiers save A crazy hulk, and a fully amped Gladiator.

Plus thanos uses energy to amp his strikes most of the times.

Hitting power doesn't always equal lifting power.

Zoom hits harder than Superman. But Superman is far far stronger.

Of course there is a difference between striking power and lifting power. however, when thanos is casually pimp slapping people away he's not amping his punches. However, you still didn't answer... could Thanos or DS have some of the lifting feats Thor, Surfer, Supes, Hulk have if they wanted to? Amping is irrelevant because many people amp their strength i.e. surfer, hulk or we could even call getting more serious and trying harder amping ala supes, thor etc/

Kris Blaze

Monarch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos.

Do you really think Monarch is anywhere near Galactus? Or that far above Odin?

No matter which way you slice it, his armour was breached by 3 green lanterns.

Enyalus
I don't think Thanos is strong enough to physically rip open Monarch's armor. I think GA Prime is obviously superior in the strength department. But I think he'd be capable of cracking it with 5-10 blows. I also think his blasts are powerful enough to breech it with 1-2 of them.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Do you really think Monarch is anywhere near Galactus? Or that far above Odin?

No matter which way you slice it, his armour was breached by 3 green lanterns.

I don't see Odin doing the feats Monarch did with the ease they were accomplished. erm 3 lanterns, who combined their rings and overloaded them. And Monarch wasn't trying to kill them. The room full of superheroes, the 50 captain Atoms, the way he stood up to Prime, these aren't feats I see Odin doing.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I don't see Odin doing the feats Monarch did with the ease they were accomplished. erm 3 lanterns, who combined their rings and overloaded them. And Monarch wasn't trying to kill them. The room full of superheroes, the 50 captain Atoms, the way he stood up to Prime, these aren't feats I see Odin doing.

Okay.

But you haven't read any Thor, so I guess that's cool.

occultdestroyer
Lifting feats has nothing to do with the outcome of this match.

And Thanos at his best (w/o powerups) would just annoy Monarch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.