Dr. Manhattan vs Silver Sufer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mairuzu
Both movie versions of course.

Galactus sends surfer to prepare earth for being eaten, Dr. Manhattan finds out and tries to stop S.S.

Who wins?

Bardock42
Haven't seen Watchmen yet...but if they are even close to the comic Dr. Manhattan would toy with Silver Surfer.

MightyEInherjar
Dr. Manhattan wins. The Doctor wasn't hurt once, and everything that he decided he wanted to do he did. They're pretty much the same character, but Silver Surfer didn't show too much in the movies. Now, neither did Dr. Manhattan (for those who haven't seen it yet but have read the books, all his feats are essentially the same) but he showed enough.

Mairuzu
it seems complicated... id actually like to see it go down

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
Haven't seen Watchmen yet...but if they are even close to the comic Dr. Manhattan would toy with Silver Surfer.

He's basically god-like, correct? Can see the future, alter matter, change reality etc.?

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Robtard
He's basically god-like, correct? Can see the future, alter matter, change reality etc.?
In actuality, he's never shown anything that 616 Surfer couldn't do. Pretty much the same powerset. It's implied he can create life, limitless matter manip, plus everything you already mentioned. He can 'see the future,' but it's more like the Cosmic Awareness the Surfer has.

Mairuzu
well ****, just realized i didnt put this in the versus section

Quincy
Manhattan. How could he lose? If he gets vaporized? He can just reconstitute matter.

Impediment
Moved.

Darth Martin
Seeing Watchmen tonight.

jinXed by JaNx
Wouldnt the comic versions just cancel each other out?

The movie versions; Manhattan obliterates Surfer.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Wouldnt the comic versions just cancel each other out?

The movie versions; Manhattan obliterates Surfer.
I don't know, Dr. M's powerset and the Silver Surfer's powerset are so similar, I think it would come down to experience. Surfer's easily shown he can do anything Dr. Manhattan has, whereas it's only implied that it could go the other way around. These are the comic versions, mind you, so I probably shouldn't go on a tangent.

As far as movies go, they're again pretty much the same character. They even both have the same weakness to "tachyon pulses." On the other hand, Dr. Manhattan's own powers used in the end of the movie by Veidt to blow up the city were causing 'tachyon interference' which to me says Dr. M could easily take the Surfer off his board.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
I don't know, Dr. M's powerset and the Silver Surfer's powerset are so similar, I think it would come down to experience. Surfer's easily shown he can do anything Dr. Manhattan has, whereas it's only implied that it could go the other way around. These are the comic versions, mind you, so I probably shouldn't go on a tangent.

As far as movies go, they're again pretty much the same character. They even both have the same weakness to "tachyon pulses." On the other hand, Dr. Manhattan's own powers used in the end of the movie by Veidt to blow up the city were causing 'tachyon interference' which to me says Dr. M could easily take the Surfer off his board.

Yeah, i was just curious because, in the comics, I've never seen Manhattan do the types of things the Surfer has but i know their powers are very similar.

As for the movie counterparts, i don't see why Manhattan couldn't, simply, obliterate the Surfers board. The Surfers board is matter

Placidity
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Dr. Manhattan's own powers used in the end of the movie by Veidt to blow up the city were causing 'tachyon interference' which to me says Dr. M could easily take the Surfer off his board.

I haven't seen the movie yet. But if Manhattan was to employ that tactic he would have to work out the specific frequency that will affect Surfer. Now it would depend on whether he might know he has to do that and then he might be able to generate pulses of specific frequency, but I wouldn't know.

Tommy Jarvis
Dr. Manhattan rapes the Silver Surfer....Dr. Manhattan is literally a God.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Placidity
I haven't seen the movie yet. But if Manhattan was to employ that tactic he would have to work out the specific frequency that will affect Surfer. Now it would depend on whether he might know he has to do that and then he might be able to generate pulses of specific frequency, but I wouldn't know.
In the movie a bomb is used to blow up the city that essentially uses an engine that replicated Dr. Manhattan's power. This power created such tachyon "interference" that Dr. Manhattan couldn't see the past/future of that area, and couldn't prevent it. Veidt took great care to use similar energy signatures so that he could be blamed for the incident. A far cry from a giant psychic squid, you could say. Using that, I'd say it's fair to presume Dr Manhattan's powers give off a good deal of tachyons that could disable the movie Silver Surfer.

ThunderGodEneru
Dr. Manhattan rapestomps.

BruceSkywalker
Dr. Manhattan beats the crap out of Norrin

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Dr. Manhattan beats the crap out of Norrin

QFT

Also, SS's "precog" is not on the same level as John's...in the comics.

Darth Exodus
Surfer gets turned into a duck. Manhattan war rapes him.

omgchos
manhattan would eventually win cuz they both have sway over matter and energy but if manhattan could get the surfer off of his board the fights over whereas manhattan has no achilles heel that i know of

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.