Rorschach vs The Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prime#
The Scenario: In the aftermath of The Dark Knight, the Joker escapes from Arkham and goes to New York to do what he does best. Rorschach gets wind of this and confronts the Joker directy.

Round 1: Fight takes place in an alleyway in New York city, Rorschach knows about the Joker, Joker knows nothing of Rorschach except that he's a "masked hero" making the Joker think Rorschach has the same no killing code as Batman. Both get standard equipment

Round 2: The Joker is transfered to the same prison facility Rorschach is in, Rorschach being who he is will try to kill the Joker and vive-versa. Who gets the other first.

Round 3: Both of them are locked in a room with each other tied to chairs. They start talking. Who goes crazy(er) first.

Dr Will Hatch
Round 1: The Joker always carries contingencies. He is at least as good a fighter as Rorschach and seems more intelligent(though Walter is no slouch in the detective department) Winner-Joker

Round 2: Depends, are there others around?

Round 3: Stalemate.

Prime#
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Round 1: The Joker always carries contingencies. He is at least as good a fighter as Rorschach and seems more intelligent(though Walter is no slouch in the detective department) Winner-Joker

Round 3: Stalemate.

1. This is Rorschach from the movie who has a lot better feats than rorschach from the comics. (I.E fighting off about 8 cops after enduring a 3 story fall, even if only momentarily)

2. Lets just say its during a prison riot

Overall in the intelligence department, I would have to say, that
Joker could possibly be better with long term prep whereas Rorschach is better at improvising in a fight and using his surroundings to his advantage.

Dr Will Hatch
Interesting. I haven't seen Watchmen yet, I thought it would be almost verbatim from the book. I think during the second scenario Joker would use the other prisoners as human shields and would probably manage to get a guards gun or three. Rorschach could do that as well, but I imagine Joker being the faster draw. Or Rorschach, it's really up in the air. Long term strategist Dark Knight Joker destroys Rorschach from the comics though.

Mairuzu
joker wins the third one, thats it

Robtard
R1: If 'standard equipment' means Joker gets a gun(s), then he has a chance. Even then I see Rorschach taking out the Joker with his grapple-gun before the Joker shoots his weapon(s).

R2: Rorschah rapes him in a prison cell and then kills via drowning in the toilet, which he previously shat in and purposely didn't flush.

R3: Joker babbles and babbles, Rorschah just tunes it out. Don't see anything happening here.

So Rorschah goes 2-0-1.

Mairuzu
^

Eminence
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch

Round 3: Stalemate. ...

Is this a joke?

Round 1: Define Joker's "standard equipment." Not that it makes a difference; Rorschach took out and escaped from half a dozen S.W.A.T. armed with automatic rifles, then leapt out a third story window and knocked out ten more. He shoots Joker in the head with his grapple and proceeds to rip him to shreds and stuff him in a dumpster.

Round 2: What Robtard said.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Robtard
R1: If 'standard equipment' means Joker gets a gun(s), then he has a chance. Even then I see Rorschach taking out the Joker with his grapple-gun before the Joker shoots his weapon(s).

R2: Rorschah rapes him in a prison cell and then kills via drowning in the toilet, which he previously shat in and purposely didn't flush.

R3: Joker babbles and babbles, Rorschah just tunes it out. Don't see anything happening here.

So Rorschah goes 2-0-1.

I concur.

Mairuzu, where is your sig from?

Tommy Jarvis
Rorschach will rape the Joker ten times over. Seriously, this isn't a real fight. laughing out loud

ThunderGodEneru
1. Hahahahahahahaha Rorschach. Anyone who thinks Joker has a chance in this round is an idiot.

2. Rorschach dude...He has shown to be the better and more resourceful combatant, he would easily kill Joker.

3. They're both already insane...Is this a trick question?

Darth Exodus
1. Joker 'falls' down an elevator shaft.
2. Joker dies like Elvis, on the toilet. Or under it rather....
3. Apparently Rorschach doesn't have emotions, so Joker would go crazy(er) first, purely because Rorschach can't get crazier than emotionally dead. That and the Joker fluctuates in crazy all the time.

Prime#
I just added number 3 because I thought it would be interesting to hear your opinions on how the Joker would react to a confrontation with someone who is just as or more fvcked up than he is

ThunderGodEneru
Well really they cannot be compared.

Rorscach is a sociopath, clearly, but he has some sense of morality, if black and white, and is nigh emotionally dead(he does however have some sense of emotion).

Joker is much more manic, obsessive, and has absolutely no concept of morality, in fact, his philosophy is that morality is bullshit.

jalek moye
Rorshach stomps him in the two fight situations

Prime#
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Well really they cannot be compared.

Rorscach is a sociopath, clearly, but he has some sense of morality, if black and white, and is nigh emotionally dead(he does however have some sense of emotion).

Joker is much more manic, obsessive, and has absolutely no concept of morality, in fact, his philosophy is that morality is bullshit.

Thats what I think would make the dynamic between the two characters, the fact the they both basically represent 2 extremes of the classic good-guy bad-guy archtypes

Quincy
Originally posted by Mairuzu
joker wins the third one, thats it

jalek moye
Originally posted by Prime#
Thats what I think would make the dynamic between the two characters, the fact the they both basically represent 2 extremes of the classic good-guy bad-guy archtypes the only thing is joker cant fight for shit

Tommy Jarvis
We don't really know that, Joker seems like the type of person that sees fighting as beneath him. We never really saw him do any real fighting or anything.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Tommy Jarvis
We don't really know that, Joker seems like the type of person that sees fighting as beneath him. We never really saw him do any real fighting or anything.
well when a character doesnt fight we have to assume that they arnt as competent in it as someone we do see fight effectivly

ThunderGodEneru
We have seen Joker get physical though.

He is nothing to Rorschach, but not a pussy.

jalek moye
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
We have seen Joker get physical though.

He is nothing to Rorschach, but not a pussy.
he didnt do anything that any other person couldnt do in a fight though. and I mean just an average joe

celestialdemon
Originally posted by jalek moye
he didnt do anything that any other person couldnt do in a fight though. and I mean just an average joe

He beat a few cops' asses right after jumping out of a three story building. Your average joe can't do that.

jalek moye
Originally posted by celestialdemon
He beat a few cops' asses right after jumping out of a three story building. Your average joe can't do that.
when did joker do that?

Eminence
he didnt do anything that any other person couldnt do in a fight though. and I mean just an average joe I'm fairly certain the average joe wouldn't be laughing after having his head slammed into a glass barrier and being repeatedly punched in the face by the Batman.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Eminence
I'm fairly certain the average joe wouldn't be laughing after having his head slammed into a glass barrier and being repeatedly punched in the face by the Batman.
thats not a fighting or even a durbility feat thats just him being crazy. If anything it just shows he doesnt care about pain. He didnt do anything fighting wise that an average person couldnt

celestialdemon
when did joker do that?

He didn't. I thought your comment was directed at Rorschach. My bad. embarrasment

Eminence
thats not a fighting or even a durbility feat thats just him being crazy.How is that not a "durability feat"?

Which would factor into durability.

Right after the interrogation scene, he taunts and subsequently overpowers the cop guarding him. Considering the "average person" would probably be comatose after a beating like the one Batman gave him, I'd say he's well above average.

Prime#
Originally posted by Eminence
How is that not a "durability feat"?

Which would factor into durability.

Right after the interrogation scene, he taunts and subsequently overpowers the cop guarding him. Considering the "average person" would probably be comatose after a beating like the one Batman gave him, I'd say he's well above average.

And Rorschach was flung multiple feat crashing head first into stone by "You-Know-Who" and still showed no sign of quiting

Eminence
I'm not comparing the two. I previously said this:Originally posted by Eminence
Round 1: Define Joker's "standard equipment." Not that it makes a difference; Rorschach took out and escaped from half a dozen S.W.A.T. armed with automatic rifles, then leapt out a third story window and knocked out ten more. He shoots Joker in the head with his grapple and proceeds to rip him to shreds and stuff him in a dumpster.

Round 2: What Robtard said. I was simply pointing out that the Joker isn't quite "average," as jalek moye was claiming.

Scythe
I love it when simple character preference elevates a chosen character.

Rorschach showed superb fighting skills. Not only when he fought the cops, but when he fought Ozzy, watch how he tries to attack from behind and basically gain the element of surprise. Also, how he climbed and moved about the roof tops, that ain't human-like at all.

Joker showed he's superb at planning, durability that's a bit above average since he was punched around by Batman and laughed it off, but in the end, never showed the fighting skill Rorschach has, which is important here.

Round 1: Joker will boast, laugh and say whatever thinking Rorschach wouldn't kill him.

Rorschach kills him...

Round 2: In prison, niether would have any weapons, I doubt Joker would have a f*ckin' field day with prep time and have a bomb just for Rorschach since they wouldn't know eachother, this comes to fighting skill, which Joker has none, other than good durability. Which, wouldn't matter, since Rorschach would do anything to kill him.

Round 3: Joker wins, Rorschach is a different kind of crazy, he's controlled.

omgchos
everyone knows the joker messes with your mind. he tries to corrupt u. since rorschach's mind is already screwed up the joker wouldn't even bother.

Mairuzu
They'd get along

Scythe
They'd get along

And hold hands.

Robtard
They'd get along

Na, Rorschach is a diehard conservative; the Joker would be just another scumbag leeching off the teet of society, to him.

Scythe
Regardless, Benny would rape the shit out of them.

Robtard
Benny has a 100% rape guarantee with anyone who dares face him.

Scythe
It's what he does, resistance is futile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.