Dante vs Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
Dante stomps Link.

ThunderGodEneru
What the fu-?

I said make Ganon vs. Dante you stooge. no expression

Gumachi
Oh, well, someone thinks that Link can beat Dante.

ScreamPaste
I do. If one light arrow lands on Dante it's lol time.

I am who I am
Dante shoots Link in the head.

fascistcrusader
Dante via the speedblitz of the century.

ScreamPaste
You realise Link's reflexes/reactions are in the realm of super human? Dante's half demon, too.. Link's entire powerset is designed towin this.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
You realise Link's reflexes/reactions are in the realm of super human? Dante's half demon, too.. Link's entire powerset is designed towin this.
i smell fanboy... let's just say before link can even pull out his light arrows(which won't work because dante is a good guy) he will be time stoped then dante will then proceed to guillotine link's head off. there those that sound like an epic ending for link? Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing laughing

ScreamPaste
I smell a DMC fanboy =P

Link doesn't even need a light arrow, but it would be utter lulz time. Also, Link's mastersword protects him from such silliness as time stops. (This is what stops Ganon from TKing him, sealing him between dimensions, ect.) and would function like anathema to Dante. Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing laughing

fascistcrusader
Link's reflexes superhuman? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

That was a good one, thanks for the laugh.

ScreamPaste
Lol, prove otherwise? By feats that's exactly what they are.

ThunderGodEneru
Link does have superhuman reflexes, but he is not fast enough for Dante.

Phanteros
I smell a DMC fanboy =P

Link doesn't even need a light arrow, but it would be utter lulz time. Also, Link's mastersword protects him from such silliness as time stops. (This is what stops Ganon from TKing him, sealing him between dimensions, ect.) and would function like anathema to Dante. Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing laughing wrong i am a God of War fanboy.
plus what happen to gannon was PLOT SHIELD which protected link from gannon's pwnage spree. Dante then will beowulf link's ass down seeing as: A. link is too slow anyway. B. Not as combat ranged as Dante. C. dante can teleport behind him then proceed to use rose daggers to shank link with.

fascistcrusader
Heck, Dante doesn't even have to get close to own the piss out of Link. Dante dodges hailstorms of bullets, and all Link can shoot are arrows, Link might as well be having turtles crawl towards Dante Link, on the other hand, doesn't move nearly fast enough to dodge bullets, so Dante would fill him full of holes.

ScreamPaste
Biases. =P

Link can chop arrows out of the air without much effort, Dante wouldn't 'speed blitz' him nearly as easily as you think.

And yes, Zelda uses the master sword as a plot sheild but that doesn't make it's power any less valid, if anythign moreso because it's central to the canon.

Link has several forms of temporary invulnerability, retard strength, note-worthy martial prowess, and a plethora of useful abilities and gadgets.

Getting close to Link is not something Dante would want to do, Dante's best defense is to just keep away and spam bullets.

Phanteros
Biases. =P

Link can chop arrows out of the air without much effort, Dante wouldn't 'speed blitz' him nearly as easily as you think.

And yes, Zelda uses the master sword as a plot sheild but that doesn't make it's power any less valid, if anythign moreso because it's central to the canon.

Link has several forms of temporary invulnerability, retard strength, note-worthy martial prowess, and a plethora of useful abilities and gadgets.

Getting close to Link is not something Dante would want to do, Dante's best defense is to just keep away and spam bullets.
not getting close to link? what link is Kratos now? and martial arts? there's a difference between throwing a punch horizontally an actual style punches plus dante already has that fist thing in DMC IV that will keep link in check. Bullets are different from arrows and not as fast when it comes to the person using them. as for gadgets who the hell doesn't have gadgets!!!?? plus dante's are better than link's.

ScreamPaste
The master sword would be anathema to Dante, he might not think getting close is a bad idea, but it is.

Medieval sword was a VERY high martial art, and Link's sword skills cannot be scoffed at. And yes, arrows can vary in the speed they travel but the reaction time it takes to casually chop an arrow out of the air Also.. can't be scoffed at.

Link is heavily underrated, and imho, Dante overrated. Link can win this, Link's plot device immunity to Dante's silliness and most OP power and the fact that Dante woudl be forced to harm Link physicly puts Link in the game. His power set would not be a the sort of thign a half demon would want to tangle with, in this case, Dante's heritage is not his friend.

Phanteros
The master sword would be anathema to Dante, he might not think getting close is a bad idea, but it is.

Medieval sword was a VERY high martial art, and Link's sword skills cannot be scoffed at. And yes, arrows can vary in the speed they travel but the reaction time it takes to casually chop an arrow out of the air Also.. can't be scoffed at.

Link is heavily underrated, and imho, Dante overrated. Link can win this, Link's plot device immunity to Dante's silliness and most OP power and the fact that Dante woudl be forced to harm Link physicly puts Link in the game. His power set would not be a the sort of thign a half demon would want to tangle with, in this case, Dante's heritage is not his friend. plot shield is off, plus dante seperate himself from his heritage by doing good deeds. so i guess your stereotyping his race now are you? dante does more than just swing a sword with generic slashes that link is accustom to, and unlike link Dante can ride on a missile which is>>>>>>>>>> than chomping arrows down which several other characters in gaming can shoot down. oh and plus some of those characters can even deflect bullets with their swords.

and your the one who is trying to make link look like a demi god rank with dante, kratos, Kain, and Raziel are or probbally surpassed, with this plot device and PIS crap.

Phanteros
and notice that all those guys i listed actually fought a NOT SELF PROCLAIMED divinities.

ScreamPaste
it's notinvulnerability, lol. It's used by the plot, yes, but it's not akin to Ganon's immortality. It's legit.

And Ganon would stomp any of those characters who fought dieties anyway, so title =/= omgpowerz.

Link is underrated, and no one's ever shot a bullet at him due to the time period the game takes place in, but his reaction time hasn't been seen to be outdone by anything found in that time. I'm not claiming no limits, I AM claiming it's not negligable.

Link could probably ride a missile too, but no one's ever required him to, and there's no logical reason he'd have to..

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Phanteros
so i guess your stereotyping his race now are you? laughing

Ultimate Wil
One bullet into Link's brain, the end.

ScreamPaste
so i guess your stereotyping his race now are you?

YES. It's similiar to Spawn. He does nice stuff but angelic weapons still rip him up pretty bad.

@Ultimate_wil Link squishes Dante under something hefty that stops him from regenerating. See how easy it is do post without debating?

Firstly, Link has several forms of invulnerability, secondly he has incredible durability. Thirdly, I wouldn't put it past his reaction speed to avoid that.

Phanteros
YES. It's similiar to Spawn. He does nice stuff but angelic weapons still rip him up pretty bad.

@Ultimate_wil Link squishes Dante under something hefty that stops him from regenerating. See how easy it is do post without debating?

Firstly, Link has several forms of invulnerability, secondly he has incredible durability. Thirdly, I wouldn't put it past his reaction speed to avoid that. how about link get shoot in the nuts with Red roses?

ScreamPaste
How about Link crushes Dante's head between his palms? Debate plx? lol.

Phanteros
How about Link crushes Dante's head between his palms? Debate plx? lol. link isn't that fast or strong. plus dante will still time stop him or just jackpot to kill him.

ScreamPaste
LOL @ Link not being that strong, you're practicly disqualified because you don't know anything about Link? =P his strength feats are VERY impressive.

Time stop silliness doesn't work on Link, and Link can defend against jackpot with Nayru's love, WW Magic armour, or just crouching behind his mirror shield, it might not reflect it but it'll stop it.

Do want actual debate now. =P

ThunderGodEneru
Link has never resisted time powers.

ScreamPaste
It falls under the same thing that keeps Ganon from just TKing Link and throwing him around or transforming him or sealing him between dimensions and such. The master sword stops that kind of thing from affecting him, imho, it's applicable.

ThunderGodEneru
It falls under the same thing that keeps Ganon from just TKing Link and throwing him around or transforming him or sealing him between dimensions and such. The master sword stops that kind of thing from affecting him, imho, it's applicable. No, PIS stops those things from occurring.

Phanteros
LOL @ Link not being that strong, you're practicly disqualified because you don't know anything about Link? =P his strength feats are VERY impressive.

Time stop silliness doesn't work on Link, and Link can defend against jackpot with Nayru's love, WW Magic armour, or just crouching behind his mirror shield, it might not reflect it but it'll stop it.

Do want actual debate now. =P

you know jackshit about dante because if you do clearly now that he faster in both speed and reflexes because:
1. he rode a missile which i love to see link do.
2. he ran up a tower which once again i love to see link do this.

link never resisted time stop before so how would you know. and plus dante can use sparda laser on him and go on sparda transformation. and is he really pulling all this stuff out at the same time i highly doubt he can do it fast enough for dante.

as for power. dante destroyed a demon gate with roses while flying around at higher speeds than gannon has shown.

ScreamPaste
@TGE

Nah, the sword is used as a sort of plot sheild that stops Ganon from nerfing Link without even being on screen, but it's not rediculous or broken like eing utterly invulnerable to everything but X, so as far as I can tell from this forum's rules, it's applicable.

It basicly stops silly OP attacks like soul suckins and time stopping and is actually a godsend to debates because it means there is real debate, imo, it'd be cool if time stops and such got taken out of some debates to make things more interesting because otherwise it's a contest of who can stop time first or other equally lame means. It doesn't stop things liek gettign stabbed, beaten up, trambled by horses, kicked in the nuts, falling from really high, or generally taking any form of physical damage. It's like permanent feedom of movement.

I stand by it.

@ Phanteros; I've explained the properties of Link's master sword above. And there's nothign that stops Link from riding a missile except the lack of a missile for him to ride. Is Dante faster? Probably. Is he going to utterly speed blitz Link? No.

As for power what is the stated durability of the gate? Link's lifted a massive giant made of living stone in foot thick plate armour, which posessed incredible strength, and threw it like a ball. He lifted a solid pillar of stone that would be much heavier than any Halo tank and chucked it casually over his shoulder where it embedded itself in a cliff face. He wentoe to toe with Ganondorf in a sword fight. Link's sword doesn't protect him from Ganon's physical prowess.

Phanteros
Nah, the sword is used as a sort of plot sheild that stops Ganon from nerfing Link without even beign on screen, but it's not rediculous or broken like eing utterly invulnerable to everything but X, so as far as I can tell from this forum's rules, it's applicable.

It basicly stops silly OP attacks like soul suckign and time stopping nad is actually a godsend to debates because it meanshere is real debate, imo, it'd be cool if time stops and such got taken out of some debates to make things more interesting because otherwise it's a contest of who can stop time first or other equally lame means. It doesn't stop things liek gettign stabbed, beaten up, trambled by horses, kciked in the nuts, falling from really high, or generally taking any form of physical damage. It's liek permanent feedom of movement.

I stand by it.

so you still think link wins this?

Ultimate Wil
"Of course I do, he's the greatest character ever created."
*cough*

ScreamPaste
That coming from Wil made me laugh a bit, lol.

I think Link takes this 6-7/10. Dante's best course of action is kiting with his guns.

Ultimate Wil
I won't lie, Link is badass, but I don't think he is up there in Dante's league, Link can beat Samus, and Master Chief from what I have seen of him, but I don't think he can beat Dante. Dare Link to beat Savior.

ThunderGodEneru
@TGE

Nah, the sword is used as a sort of plot sheild that stops Ganon from nerfing Link without even being on screen, but it's not rediculous or broken like eing utterly invulnerable to everything but X, so as far as I can tell from this forum's rules, it's applicable.

It basicly stops silly OP attacks like soul suckins and time stopping and is actually a godsend to debates because it means there is real debate, imo, it'd be cool if time stops and such got taken out of some debates to make things more interesting because otherwise it's a contest of who can stop time first or other equally lame means. It doesn't stop things liek gettign stabbed, beaten up, trambled by horses, kicked in the nuts, falling from really high, or generally taking any form of physical damage. It's like permanent feedom of movement. Kid, you will not give me a lesson on Zelda.

It has never done any such thing partner. It has never been hinted at being able to, all it can do is harm Ganon and other evil beings, and can deflect projectiles from evil beings. That is it.

ScreamPaste
I think without the master sword it'd be alot harder for Link, but with it he has a very good chance due to it's built in properties.

I'm not calling this a stomp but Link isn't just going to get crushed and I think he is underrated. (and I agree he coudl take MC =D )

I will admit ,I am a Zelda fan. I love the games, and I do like to root for the Zelda characters. But I'm not an obsessive fanboy.

Ultimate Wil
But come on, can he defeat Savior? I like Link, but he couldn't beat Savior. Link's best chance at winning is if he hits Dante with a light arrow, which is near impossible.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Kid, you will not give me a lesson on Zelda.

It has never done any such thing partner. It has never been hinted at being able to, all it can do is harm Ganon and other evil beings, and can deflect projectiles from evil beings. That is it.

Nope. o: In TP with only a fraction of Ganon's power Zant defeats Link and co without touching them. Then turns Link into a wolf o: Once Link aquires the master sword, he is totally immune to such things.

Am I still bearshit? <3 Hahaha

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
But come on, can he defeat Savior? I like Link, but he couldn't beat Savior. Link's best chance at winning is if he hits Dante with a light arrow, which is near impossible.

That'd be an interestign fight to see indeed, but even if the answer is "no" A>B>C logic doesn't work. That said, my money would still be on Link, saviour had all his weakspots highlighted and a canon aimed at himself set up just for Dante.

ThunderGodEneru
Nope. o: In TP with only a fraction of Ganon's power Zant defeats Link and co without touching them. Then turns Link into a wolf o: Once Link aquires the master sword, he is totally immune to such things.

Am I still bearshit? <3 Hahaha No proof, never has been contested, PIS.

Yes.

Ultimate Wil
That'd be an interestign fight to see indeed, but even if the answer is "no" A>B>C logic doesn't work. That said, my money would still be on Link, saviour had all his weakspots highlighted and a canon aimed at himself set up just for Dante.

Dante had all of his other weapons, so he could have used a Pandora form to win. My money would have to be on Savior, too strong for Link, I don't see what he could do against him.

ScreamPaste
No proof, never has been contested, PIS.

Yes.

The sword broke the curse and made Link immune to any further cursings or TK. In OoT Ganon ould have bubbled Link like he did to Zelda, but Link had the sword. None of these things ever happen to him. when he confronted Zant a second time, Zant was forced to hamr Link by physical means and could no longer curse him or TK him. It's Nintendo's current explanation/plot shield.

Gumachi
This thread got to 3 pages fast no expression Dante uses Pandora or just slows time and chops Link head off. Or...JACKPOT!!! Dante is too fast and what is gonna hurt Dante? Whatever it is he WILL regenerate or it's nonething that Devil Trigger CAN'T SOLVE. Dante still has DoppleGanger and Teleportation. And he can throw Lucifer in Link's face killing him. He also has the power of Sparda to bring down Link or he can just drop him like Argosax.

ScreamPaste
The master sword stops the timestop silliness and is anathema to Dante. Nayru's love > jack pot, and he could potentially just crouch behind his shield.

If Dante approaches Link while he's still protected by Nayru's love he's as good as dead.

Gumachi
He can't used a sword if he's extremely slow. Jackpot=Seals Link in Hell under his own power so no "shield" is going to protect his ass. Shield? Royal Guard. I doubt Nayru's Love would stop Dante. Remember when Nevan brung herself onto to Dante Besides, can Link stop bullets at minigun speed? Dante slows time or Jackpots Link.

ScreamPaste
He's not extremely slow, and sealing Link in hell won't work because of the master sword stopping such silliness. Can Link raise his shield and stop the bullets? Easily. Can he avoid them otherwise? Potentially. Link can casually chop arrows out of the air and has super human reaction time that allows him to go sword to sword with Ganondorf, so dodging bullets is a potential but unclear and unneccessary given he can simply stop them. If he has Nayru's love on he can walk through them.

Gumachi
Prove it won't work and PROVE IT CAN STOP IT. He's sealed under his OWN POWER, **** a Master Sword. Dante can blast a dragonat Link WHICH IS UNBLOCKABLE. He Jackpots him and he can easily knock the wind out of him with Gilgamesh or slow time, take Master's Sword from him and chop his head off. And Dante's Devil Trigger is as powerful as the power Kratos needed to kill Ares. Noone was able to resist Jackpot so what makes you think a sheild will?

"Dante, on the other hand, is born of a human pure of heart and a Demon God, with all the strengths of a Christian soul and all the power to topple "The most powerful evil deity to ever exist" (Argosax) with one attack. "

ScreamPaste
I've already posted proof but I'll re-explain it for you.

It's not A master sword, it's THE master sword, a singular unique artifact and weapon which is wielded solely by Link, the chosen hero blah blah and stuff. It is the one reason Link beats Ganondorf, and would function like Anathema to Dante's half demon existance. It prevents Link from falling victim to seals and time stops and TK, and other such OP powers and forces Ganondorf and anyone else fighting Link to deal with him by physical means.

Dante would never take the master sword from Link, Link is MUCH stronger than he is, and Dante can't touch it. It can only be wielded by Link. Link has incredible durability, and temporary invulnerability. I call no limits fallacy on your unblockable claim. =P

This goes to Link 7/10.

Gumachi
I heard he couldn't do ALL of that as you say.

I SAID KNOCK THE WIND OUT OF HIM and HOW CAN HE KEEP AHOLD OF THE BLADE IF TIME IS SLOWED. Dante has incredible durability and can turn invincible also. 1 Bullet kills Link. Bullets are wayy faster than Arrows and these bullets has demonic energy in them. And has killed demons in 1 shot. And can Link protect himself from fire? And Dante would teleport all around Link and Link has NONETHING to stop his Doppleganger. Can Link stop Million Stab? Also, Dante's demonic aura that reflects even the Gods' attacks

ScreamPaste
You heard wrong. =/

Yes, Link can protect himself from all of that and no, one bullet will not kill Link, and he's not going to get time stopped because the master sword protects him from being affected by such silliness. And he can keep ahold of a blade by keeping his hand on it, he will not let go of it, he would not drop it. Link's durability is retarded, he took shots from Ganon that could level castle walls and got back up. Doppleganger won't help much and Fire = lulz for Link.

My turn, what will Dante do when the master sword starts leaving him greivous injuries he can't regenerate?

Gumachi
Not from what I heard.

Isn't Link a mortal? If he killed Argosax in 1 shot, what makes you think a bullet with demonic energy won't kill him in 1 shot? Keep ahold or not or takes it from him. Even if he has to blast his hand. Doppleganger won't help much? Proof? Said by Capcom: "Dante's taken incinerating blasts of Holy energy, gunfire, hellfire, slashes, cuts, smashes, trampling and Devil magics. " and not even that could stop him.

Alastor? Rebellion? Beowulf? He can regenerate from that. And besides he can use his Devil Trigger to regenerate even quicker.

ScreamPaste
You heard wrong.

Link is a mortal with the power of a diety, chosen by the gods, a hero, and in possession of powerful magic, artifacts, super human strength speed and durability and preternatural skill.

The master sword is unlike any of those because it works from a very different princible. It is a sacred blade capable of harming even the most invulnerable (such as Ganondorf who is utterly invicible against anythign except the sword.).

No, he would not drop it. Dante cannot take it out of his hands. A bullet would not kill Link. *Ganon* has struck Link with blows that can discintegrate stone. Not just destroy it but reduce it to rubble and dust and he has gotten back up.

Link is protected by the master sword and empowered by the goddess of courage. Nayru's love makes him temporarily invulnerable. He wins.

Phanteros
You heard wrong.

Link is a mortal with the power of a diety, chosen by the gods, a hero, and in possession of powerful magic, artifacts, super human strength speed and durability and preternatural skill.

The master sword is unlike any of those because it works from a very different princible. It is a sacred blade capable of harming even the most invulnerable (such as Ganondorf who is utterly invicible against anythign except the sword.).

No, he would not drop it. Dante cannot take it out of his hands. A bullet would not kill Link. *Ganon* has struck Link with blows that can discintegrate stone. Not just destroy it but reduce it to rubble and dust and he has gotten back up.

Link is protected by the master sword and empowered by the goddess of courage. Nayru's love makes him temporarily invulnerable. He wins. in vs threads invinciblity is turnoff plus all that was due to PIS. so no naryu's love. those weapons function no difference to dante's plus dante moral actions will override the sword's if that's the case so it will be a normal sword to dante since it's just an evilbane weapon not a racial weapon that attacks demons who are actually good ones, because the weapon is base on moral. the sword doesn't harm the invulnerable otherwise you are telling me that it can harm superman which is retarded. the sword powers are based on the morality of opponents that link faces.

i bet if i make a superman topic you will say link wins.

Phanteros
and what speed has link demonstrated? surely it is not as fast as dante's.

ScreamPaste
I've already posted that over and over.. -.- And if you made a thread Link vs Superman you'd get it closed and a warning from the mods.

and I've read the rules, plot device invulnerablity is turned off, temporary powers are not. And no, it wasn't all PIS, the sword's power id part of the plot, yeah, but it's not plot device invulnerablity and actually makes a great deal of sense. That's like saying x character doesn't get Y weapon or power that is not plot device invulnerability because it's related to the plot.

Yeah, it's part of the plot, but it's not part of the rule.

and lol@calling me a fanboy because I defend an underrepresented character.

Link wins.

Phanteros
I've already posted that over and over.. -.- And if you made a thread Link vs Superman you'd get it closed and a warning from the mods.

and I've read the rules, plot device invulnerablity is turned off, temporary powers are not. And no, it wasn't all PIS, the sword's power id part of the plot, yeah, but it's not plot device invulnerablity and actually makes a great deal of sense. That's like saying x character doesn't get Y weapon or power that is not plot device invulnerability because it's related to the plot.

Yeah, it's part of the plot, but it's not part of the rule.

and lol@calling me a fanboy because I defend an underrepresented character.

Link wins. how the hell will he win? did you forget dante's.... you know what? fine link wins this thread was retard from the start.

ScreamPaste
you know what? fine link wins this thread

I'm going to selectively quote you.

CosmicComet
ScreamPaste, don't take this personally or anything because I support your stance on this thread, but your debating style annoys me at times.

You often make these strong, valid arguments often but then you go use one of those emoticons or smilies or whatever and you painfully rob yourself of force and conceivability.

I beg you man, debate with more force. It will help you out in the long run, especially against someone of Gumachi's debating tendencies which include haphazard hyping of empty titles, featless foes, and unfortunate uses of no limits fallacy.

I will state plainly that I feel Link can simply tank all but Dante's strongest Devil Trigger attacks such as his Desperation Devil Trigger moves from DMC 2, and for that there is always Nayru's love.

Dante hasn't shown plain out invulnerability like Link has. Dante isn't as thick skinned as Link, and his longevity is due to his regeneration. He has been hurt greatly at several points. His regeneration isn't insurmountable in the least....the limitation of it being possible to overwhelm with frequent attacks or powerful one shots has been demonstrated. (of the course the weapon in question has to be strong in the first place, not grunt weapons.)

It also seems to have a direct tie to his stamina.

Dante was breathing heavily after Vergil impaled him once with the Yamato and then once again with Dante's own sword. He promptly fainted after the encounter.

Dante took nearly a minute to recover completely from Alastor impaling him simply ONCE. He was visibly and audibly hurt from the blow.

Dante was reaching his limits in the fight against Mundus, which Mundus gloated about. Dante was breathing heavily and was desperately muttering to himself before Trish came with the save and gave her powers to him.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by CosmicComet
ScreamPaste, don't take this personally or anything because I support your stance on this thread, but your debating style annoys me at times.

You often make these strong, valid arguments often but then you go use one of those emoticons or smilies or whatever and you painfully rob yourself of force and conceivability.

I beg you man, debate with more force. It will help you out in the long run, Haha, don't worry, Idon't take offense easily, infact I take most of that as a compliment. There are even times I'm going for "annoying". I'll take it into consideration.

Even if I annoy people though, I don't actually dislike anyone here. Sometimes I use the smilies as a sign of "disagree does not = dislike."

On topic, I agree with everything you said in your post and am too lazy to recap, but I'm glad someone agrees with me. Playing devil's advocate against the forum is often fun, but sometimes an ally is handy.

leonheartmm
zelda magic which affects reality can be pretty strong, although dante is stronger individually.

Gumachi
You heard wrong.

Link is protected by the master sword and empowered by the goddess of courage. Nayru's love makes him temporarily invulnerable. He wins.

Prove he can't take it out of his hands. If he's a mortal a bullet will kill him, because he has a human's body. These "bullets" have demonic energy not normal bullets it killed Argosax in 1 shot, it WILL do the same to Link.

ThunderGodEneru
The sword broke the curse and made Link immune to any further cursings or TK. In OoT Ganon ould have bubbled Link like he did to Zelda, but Link had the sword. None of these things ever happen to him. when he confronted Zant a second time, Zant was forced to hamr Link by physical means and could no longer curse him or TK him. It's Nintendo's current explanation/plot shield. Provide an official source that states that.

ScreamPaste
Go play TP?

ThunderGodEneru
All the Master Sword did was free him from the curse of forever remaining a wolf.

It has never done the shit you are claiming.

fascistcrusader
Dude, the Master Sword is going to be completely useless here because Link isn't fast enough to block a bullet. His head will be missing compliments of Ebony and Ivory at the start of the fight.

ScreamPaste
All the Master Sword did was free him from the curse of forever remaining a wolf.

It has never done the shit you are claiming.

Yes it has, the whole thing about the power to repel evil, curse breaking, sealign thing it does in all the games it's in? Cutting through barriers, cancelling out Ganon's piece of the triforce, reversing the curse, stoppign him gettign TK'd. It's like an antimagic field with a blade.

@Fascist crusader. L2Read plx.

fascistcrusader
No, silly, I obviously know how to read as I'm typing here. smile

You, however, need to learn that Link is horribly outmatched here and gets speedblitzed back to prehistory by Dante. I know you love Link, but that doesn't let him win all the time. sad

ThunderGodEneru
Yes it has, the whole thing about the power to repel evil, curse breaking, sealign thing . This is all you listed it can actually do.

Have a good day sir.

ScreamPaste
Lol! FC makes me chuckle. Firstly, you're known for being one of the most biased people in here.

Secondly the more I debate this in my head the more certain I become Link outright destroys Dante, and had you read the last bunch of pages you probably would see why.

Link is stronger than Dante and can out right tank all but his strongest attacks. Link's reaction speed is super human, and part and parcel with the master sword comes plot shield immunity to OP silliness. This sword is the exact reason Ganon doesn't simply TK him.

He has temporary invulnerability, and his sword is anathema to Dante.

What has Dante got? A small speed advantage.

ScreamPaste
This is all you listed it can actually do.

Have a good day sir.

Neg. Without it a fraction of Ganon's power = TK'd him.

fascistcrusader
When Link is no longer a mortal that bullets can easily kill, and he becomes faster than bullets, then he stands a chance, sport, but until then he gets stomped.

CosmicComet
No. Dante's bullets have no destructive feats on the level of Ganon being able to simply disintegrate beings with punches, let alone Ganon in his beast form being able to turn disintegrate castle stone.

Link pretty much TANKED an attack by Ganon. Bullets won't bother him. Neither would Dante's grenade launcher. Dante on the other hand has a demonstrated stamina vulnerability that arises as he takes great damage.

ScreamPaste
Link can easily raise his shield to stop a bullet.

And FC, you're still wrong. Link has this, even if the bullets were hitting him consistently they're not exactly scarey for Link, so lol. odamn, slivers?

Link's durability is stupid. His strength is stupid, his speed is good enough that between the other two he has this in the bag, even without nayru's love, which he can use in a pinch if he doesn't feel like tanking Dante for a few minutes while he wears the poor boy out.

fascistcrusader
Sorry guy, but Link's as vulnerable to a bullet as you or me. He's a mortal, end of story. Naryu's Love eventually wears off, and seeing is how Dante is immortal and cannot die, all the time in the world only delays the inevitable for Link.

ScreamPaste
lol, Link is a 'mortal' in the same sense that super man is mortal. He'll eventually die of old age, yeah, but he's not just some squishy skinny guy behind a computer debatign video game characters for fun.

Link's durability is super human. Provide evidence the bullets can even hurt him.

Nayru's will last long enough for Link to make Dante his ***** in this high paced fight, AND it functions as long as Link has magic power, which he can recharge with ease while still invulnerable.

Sorry, FC. Dante's as susceptible to decapitation as you or I.. and it looks like that's exactly what happens to him.

CosmicComet
Sorry guy, but that was a canon durability feat of Link's and that puts him far beyond being simply bullet proof.

And sorry dude, your 'immortal and cannot die' tag is plainly bullshit.

Seeing as Sparda IS dead, Dante can and will die of old age and as demonstrated CAN be killed combat. He is not immortal in either sense. He simply has a good regeneration ability that can be overwhelmed with powerful attacks in quick succession or simply wearing down his stamina. See previous page.

ScreamPaste
Like CC said, Dante is very much mortal, and can die in combat, besides plot device immortality like Ganon's is removed in these debates.

fascistcrusader
No silly, Link has no superhuman durability. He has PIS to protect him from Ganon and some magic spells, but his body is as frail as yours or mine. He gets hurt falling out of trees, that right there proves a bullet would kill him.

Dante's immortality and invulnerability isn;t a plot device, its part of his powerset like Wolverine's HF. Link simply can'tr do anything to him.

Dante wins this 10/10.

ScreamPaste
Wrong. I have proven Link's durability, all Dante has is regen and he's far from immortal. Link will wear him down and kill him. Link takes this. Link's plot shield doesn't protect him from physical harm.

Dante can't do squat.

Cyner
Ok i've been watching this debate and i think it's time that I said something.

@fascist crusader

if Dante immortality and invulnerability isn't a plot device, then Link having the entire triforce isn't one either.

Link has the triforce, is essentially a demigod, is untouchable by Dante, and THINKS Dante out of existence. The End.

fascistcrusader
If Dante's immortality is a plot device then so is Wolverine's. Since that isn't the case, its simply one of his powers. LInk gets hurt by falling from trees though, this is a canon fact in pretty much every Zelda game.

Cyner
Even if that were true crusader, which it's not. Link still wins from the above stated condition.

ScreamPaste
FC, he only actually falls out of a tree in one game, and it's a gameplay fact that deals 1/2 a heart. You can climb as high as you want on the biggest tree EVAR jump out twice, and your ten year old body is so okay that simply cuttign a nearby bush makes you feel better.

And Dante's regen does not = immortality. Link will wear it down and kill Dante.

CosmicComet
Lol @ being hurt from falling from trees. If you want to go with overriding canon feats with game mechanics then I might as well say Dante can be killed by those ghouls with scythes when he withstood their attacks in a cutscene moments earlier.

Cyner
scream, the most you will ever lose from a fall is 1 heart, try jumping off of death mountain sometime, you won't take anymore than 1 heart damage.

Also Link regular swims through lava with minimal damage(1/4 heart damage per 3-4 seconds), fun times.

EDIT: wolverine's invulnerability IS a plot device.

fascistcrusader
No silly, Link gets hurt from little falls in LttP, Ocarina and TP. He needs a special suit to survive the fire temple whereas Dante tanks heat like Berial's flames. Link's just a human, his durability is crap. Dante can't be hurt by his silly little weapons like boomerangs or arrows, and even if he could Dante is far faster than these. Dante zips behind Link before Link notices he moved and blows his head off.

/thread

ScreamPaste
Actually this thread was over before it started, Dante doesn't stand a chance, the more Ithink about it the less I see Dante hurting him.

Fascist you're borderline trolling now. in OoT Link tanks a hit that can disintegrate stone. That's alot more than Dante can do. Ganon can obliterate a man's entire beign with a single punch while impaled with a sword, and Link can survive such a hit, and you're tryign to convince me Dante can one shot or even seriously hurt Link with his little guns? No.

fascistcrusader
This whole thread you've been exposed as a Link fanboy, notice that the overwhelming majority agrees with me? It's 6 against 1 here....

Cyner
wait... so you're gonna ignore that Link now has the power of a god and can create and extinguish life on a whim?

Link isn't just a human, if you played those games then you should also know all the incredible crap that barely hurts Link. Explosives going off right on Link is probably half of one heart, while with Dante it would do considerably more damage.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
This whole thread you've been exposed as a Link fanboy, notice that the overwhelming majority agrees with me? It's 6 against 1 here....

Considering that you're the only one idiotically using game mechanics to override canon feats and claiming complete falsehoods such as 'immortality', 'cannot die' for the character you're arguing for, I'd say you're the one who's exposed, as a terrible debator.

Link turns Deity. Tanks everything from Dante even easier than he normally could, and simply wears down the Platinum haired Demon and kills him.

Defeating Mundus only blew up a small island (which Dante and Trish had to escape from)...defeating Majora destroyed a moon.

fascistcrusader
Link can't turn deity, silly. This is just standard Link, the TC never said he got the triforce, and seeing as how the vast majority of the time he doesn't have it, that's not a valid argument. Sorry. sad

And its still 6 against one, meaning you lost the debate.

ScreamPaste
Defeating Majora as a child, no less.

ScreamPaste
Link can't turn deity, silly. This is just standard Link, the TC never said he got the triforce, and seeing as how the vast majority of the time he doesn't have it, that's not a valid argument. Sorry. sad

And its still 6 against one, meaning you lost the debate.

And it's actually two vs three, we win. By numbers and sheer debating power. We have better arguments on our side.

Gumachi stated no rules or specifics at the beginning of the thread. So Link gains that three times, Fascist, meaning he has it more often than Dante has some of his canon crap. =P

And standard Link > Dante.

fascistcrusader
Nope. Link is a mere mortal, Dante is an unkillable half demon. Sorry ace. sad

And its 6 on 1. Gumachi, I am, Thunder, Phanteros, Wil, and myself all say Dante owns, and its just you thinking Link can win. Forgive me if I can't believe two accounts created less than 24 hours ago that have only posted in this thread to back you up aren't socks...

Gumachi
And it's actually two vs three, we win. By numbers and sheer debating power. We have better arguments on our side.

Gumachi stated no rules or specifics at the beginning of the thread. So Link gains that three times, Fascist, meaning he has it more often than Dante has some of his canon crap. =P

And standard Link > Dante.

Link is a mortal a bullet will kill him and demonshave seen to be too superb for mortals.
My D!CK>Link.

Cyner
lol, can't believe i'm accused of being a sock. srsly though, Dante needs some better debaters, go call in some people fascist. Otherwise Dante loses this.

ScreamPaste
Actually Cyner is a friend of mine from chat, and I am still wonderng who the hell CC is, because I noticed that too. I can PM you the link to chat if you wanna meet Cyner?

and lol @ unkillable half demon. You, humachi and TGE make three, Phanteros surrendered. That's 3v3 or 3v4 if you count that he said Link wins.

We've won this thread, FC. Stop postign before you hurt yourself.

Gumachi
You didn't win. A bullet kills Link end of story. Dante can use his Doppleganger to shoot bullets at Link--AT MINIGUN SPEED. And don't forget Chrono Heart--time slows EVERYTIME he hits Link.

fascistcrusader
You're still forgetting thunder and I am, and Phanteros didn't surrender, he just realized that you were a fanboy and there was no point in trying to use logic on you. sad

Now I'm going to have to leave this thread, as I've already won along with the rest of the majority, but you and your socks have fun. smile

ArtificialGlory
This thread smells like old, dirty SOCKS.

CosmicComet
Nope. Link is a mere mortal, Dante is an unkillable half demon. Sorry ace. sad

And its 6 on 1. Gumachi, I am, Thunder, Phanteros, Wil, and myself all say Dante owns, and its just you thinking Link can win. Forgive me if I can't believe two accounts created less than 24 hours ago that have only posted in this thread to back you up aren't socks...

Gumachi is a terrible debator. Look at his latest post. Thunder? I've never seen him explicitly go either way on this, he is simply arguing about possible PIS against Ganon. Phanteros? Stopped the debate long ago it seems. Wil? Has said the same incorrect things that you have, such as Link simply being killed from a bullet. Lol.

Btw, what is a 'sock' in this context exactly?

ScreamPaste
Lol, TGE = thunder. You, thunder and Gumachi = Three. Let's get a mod in here to check IP's? Cyner is from a different coutnry than I am and I dunno who CC is.

fascistcrusader
Silly socks, winning's for people who are right.

CosmicComet
I'm from the movie codec forum. I just dropped by because the Dante debators such as Fascist and Gumachi were easy pickings in this thread.

ScreamPaste
And we're right! Amazing isn't it?

CosmicComet
Again, what is a 'sock'?

Other than what I'm wearing on my feet?

lootic
I just say fierce diety
fairies
Evils bane
dont have to kill, he can just seal dante away in the same way he did with ganon (ganon is invincible as you know an link had no problem with defeating him),
and he could just have 100 gold skulltulas and the magic armor from TP and he becomes lol invincible,
and he could combine chetue romani with magic armor from ww and he becomes lol invincible,
giants mask make him even more lol way to good and so on...

using triforce to wish the unexistance of dante is just not fair and link plays fair so if dante just do as he is told and DIES link will not have to use it

fascistcrusader
Dude, do you really need an other sock? Its kind of obvious when you make them the same day and then use them only in the thread you lost.

CosmicComet
Dude, do you really need an other sock? Its kind of obvious when you make them the same day and then use them only in the thread you lost.

I repeat, just for your dumb self's sake:

ScreamPaste
I won this one, and that's Lootic, he's from Sweden, mains Link in Brawl and likes Wenches and Mead ala Ale Storm. He has smal hands andn ever played Oracle of Seasons.

Cyner is American, enjoys friends with benefits and fixes computers, he and Lootic are both in a chat room along with myself I can PM you the link to. =]

Cyner
hmm... how come no one is responding to my epic post in the Ryu vs Link thread? geez guys...

Peach

Don't make accusations you cannot back up. I've done sock checks and everyone is clean.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Peach
Don't make accusations you cannot back up. I've done sock checks and everyone is clean.

THANK YOU. /Bow.

fascistcrusader
I'm not the only one who sees it, and proxies make for easy IP hiding. Obvious socks are obvious.

CosmicComet

End game.

CosmicComet
I'm not the only one who sees it, and proxies make for easy IP hiding. Obvious socks are obvious.

Holy shit you're a dense mofo. lol.

Peach

Proxies can be detected by the sock checker. And as I said, so far everyone is clean. I've got all four IPs open right here and they verify what ScreamPaste said.

fascistcrusader
Sure they can. I know you don;t like me but do you have to let that interfere with your duties?

Peach
Sure they can. I know you don;t like me but do you have to let that interfere with your duties?

Yes, they can. Seriously, you don't know everything, believe it or not. There are several different flags that the sock checker has and absolutely none have been returned for any of them. Taking a look at the actual IPs, they do not match proxy IPs and are all different (as well as valid).

Now, you're being off-topic as well as breaking this rule:

As far as the sock checker has returned so far, none of them are socks. That is the end of it. I don't want to hear another word.

fascistcrusader
Ok then, sport, I'll stop saying it in public, but they're still socks.

Peach
Ok then, sport, I'll stop saying it in public, but they're still socks.

I think when I said I didn't want to hear another word, I meant precisely that. I didn't mean "okay, go ahead and make another post about it". Consider yourself warned.

Another post about it will get the thread closed.

fascistcrusader
Why close the thread over it...?

ScreamPaste
I'm quoting this again because someone's STILL accusing me of sockness.

k1Lla441
Biases. =P

Yes he would.

That said "temporary" doesnt last long, stay away for that said amount of time and it goes away, which is not that hard for dante.

Its not that hard, dante is too fast for link to do really anything, can hit him with an arrow, sword swings way to slow, and he has regeneration, so dante even being hit with that sword most likely wouldnt do much.

ScreamPaste
Did you read through the entire thread?

That post is from pages and pages ago, and it's irksome to consider re debating this entire thread for another five pages.

k1Lla441
Did you read through the entire thread?

That post is from pages and pages ago, and it's irksome to consider re debating this entire thread for another five pages.
Yes i read the whole thread, and seeing that you and cc were complaining the whole time about someone else to debate against logically, i stated my opinion on the matter. Reply or dont, just want to give my opinion, i do think your some what biased and a fanboy, but dont take it too personal, a lot of people here at kmc are one of the two.

Dante is too fast for link, period. He even has quicksilver (which Ihighly doubt he'll need to use) which slows down time, and as tge has already stated it, the master sword doesnt stop time powers, so dont bother restating that it does.

If link does use some kind of temporary invincibility, dante, with his extreme speed, could easily jump, run, or teleport away. Link is not fast enough nor does he have the items to affectively do ANYTHING to dante at a long distance. Then when his invinceability whears of he could easily speed blitz him and chop his head off, keep afar and shoot him from a distance (with many projectiles, not just E & I), and if he needs a little boost any of the time he could use devil trigger. Link may be durable, but dante is also strong. When he was still a rook, in dmc 3 he completely destroyed a statue with a small punch, and in dmc 4 he stopped the saviors punch dead on.

The bottom line is dante is extremely strong, has regeneration, is many times more faster than link, and has too many long range weapons for link to stand a chance. And if he needs to dante can use dopple ganger, which would occupy link to shoot him with a ligh arrow, which would give the real dante a chance to blow that noggin' off. I say dante 9/10.

ScreamPaste
And I don't take that personally, I'd probably say the same of you, and it IS nice to have someone logical to debate with. . And Master sword does stop time powers of a sort, it'd stop a time stop placed on Link, but doesn't prevent Dante buffing himself unless it touches him.

Quick silver is good, but while time is slowed Nayru's love will seem to drag on for a lonnng time, and Dante can't keep qucik silver up forever. Link answers the speed with invulnerability.

When Dante isn't quicksilvered Link's reaction time is good enogh to keep up with him, and wear him down. I personally think Link takes this 9/10.

If for any reason Link manages to damage Dante's leg or immobilise him long enoguh to land a light arrow, it's game, and in a fight like this it's possible due to Link's great strength. A shield bash to the head to stun Dante, or a sword to the leg. Which brings me to a hitherto unmentioned point I've bene rollign over in my head.

Being a history nerd, and lurker of the arma, I know a thign or two abotu sword based martial arts. Not an expert but it's a hobby to read on it o:

SDante's two handed sword style is a very offensive style primarily used to combat spears and lightly armoured foes or break up pole arm formations such as pike walls.

Link's sword and shield style has a great tactical advantage on paper, and probably in this fight because it was advantaeous over the greatsword style of the medieval era. /Nerdiness.

Owait, I'm debating VG characters.. the nerdiness continues.

AS A SIDE NOTE; even if we disagree, thaks for not being a Gumachi or a Fascist, lol.

Gumachi
I thought invincibility wasn't allowed?

What if Dante uses Chronos Heart? Which slows time everytime Link is hit.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Gumachi

I thought invincibility wasn't allowed?

He can use his regeneration heart to regen. at everything Link throws at him and use Chrono Heart to slow down time everytime he hits Link. gumachi you do realize what he's going to say.

ScreamPaste
Plot device invulnerability isn't allowed, temporary invulnerability isn't no limits and it ends.

Dante's regen can be beaten down, and chrono heart requirs gettign through Link's formidable defenses, gettign close to Link is supremely dangerous, and he's not time stoppable.

k1Lla441
And I don't take that personally, I'd probably say the same of you, and it IS nice to have someone logical to debate with. . And Master sword does stop time powers of a sort, it'd stop a time stop placed on Link, but doesn't prevent Dante buffing himself unless it touches him.

Quick silver is good, but while time is slowed Nayru's love will seem to drag on for a lonnng time, and Dante can't keep qucik silver up forever. Link answers the speed with invulnerability.

When Dante isn't quicksilvered Link's reaction time is good enogh to keep up with him, and wear him down. I personally think Link takes this 9/10.

If for any reason Link manages to damage Dante's leg or immobilise him long enoguh to land a light arrow, it's game, and in a fight like this it's possible due to Link's great strength. A shield bash to the head to stun Dante, or a sword to the leg. Which brings me to a hitherto unmentioned point I've bene rollign over in my head.

Being a history nerd, and lurker of the arma, I know a thign or two abotu sword based martial arts. Not an expert but it's a hobby to read on it o:

SDante's two handed sword style is a very offensive style primarily used to combat spears and lightly armoured foes or break up pole arm formations such as pike walls.

Link's sword and shield style has a great tactical advantage on paper, and probably in this fight because it was advantaeous over the greatsword style of the medieval era. /Nerdiness.

Owait, I'm debating VG characters.. the nerdiness continues.

AS A SIDE NOTE; even if we disagree, thaks for not being a Gumachi or a Fascist, lol.
1. Not really, id glady argue againts dante if i think or know hes going to lose. And his quicksilver doeswork.

2. Quicksilver slows down time, which, in turn, would slow down links movment. I dont know how fast link activates naryus love, but unless its in an instant, the activation of dantes quicksilver before the activation of links naryus love would end in links demise, as he would not have time to activate it, since time would be slown (slowed? dont know spelling) down.

3. Prove links reaction speeds are par with dantes, as so far i have seen no feats that equal up to anything dante has done. not one.

4. Dante is extemely strong too, he stopped savoirs punch, which im guessing is withing the 50 to 100 ton range, the guy is huge and had all his body weight into his punch. And thats just the thing, you say "if link can immobilize dante" and the key word is if, which i highly doubt it, due to dantes exteme speed, and strengthe means jack shit if he cant hit dante. even if he did get a chance to shoot him, by lets say a lucky swing of the sword and he happens to hit dantes leg, dante could easily chop the arrow in half, stop it with one of his own bullets (due to his excellent aiming), or just lean to one side to avoid it. He doesnt necassarily have to move his whole body, nero through a gigantic sword at him, and all he did is tilt his head to avoid the whole thing.

Dantes offensiveness, combined with the fact that he can just move away quickly if in danger, and quicksilver speeds are more than enough to get behind, around, or through links defense, and shoot, decapitate, or blow him apart.

And your welcome.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by k1Lla441
Yes i read the whole thread, and seeing that you and cc were complaining the whole time about someone else to debate against logically, i stated my opinion on the matter. Reply or dont, just want to give my opinion, i do think your some what biased and a fanboy, but dont take it too personal, a lot of people here at kmc are one of the two.

Dante is too fast for link, period. He even has quicksilver (which Ihighly doubt he'll need to use) which slows down time, and as tge has already stated it, the master sword doesnt stop time powers, so dont bother restating that it does.

If link does use some kind of temporary invincibility, dante, with his extreme speed, could easily jump, run, or teleport away. Link is not fast enough nor does he have the items to affectively do ANYTHING to dante at a long distance. Then when his invinceability whears of he could easily speed blitz him and chop his head off, keep afar and shoot him from a distance (with many projectiles, not just E & I), and if he needs a little boost any of the time he could use devil trigger. Link may be durable, but dante is also strong. When he was still a rook, in dmc 3 he completely destroyed a statue with a small punch, and in dmc 4 he stopped the saviors punch dead on.

The bottom line is dante is extremely strong, has regeneration, is many times more faster than link, and has too many long range weapons for link to stand a chance. And if he needs to dante can use dopple ganger, which would occupy link to shoot him with a ligh arrow, which would give the real dante a chance to blow that noggin' off. I say dante 9/10.

Behead him?

I stick by my statement that Link can tank all but Dante's strongest DDT attacks from DMC2. Even then since the moves are featless I'm not sure, but I just want to give Dante some benefit of the doubt. Dante of course has limited useage of that as suggested by the name. Nayru's love will work in a pinch for that.

The various swords of Devil May Cry haven't shown the same destructive feats that Ganon has. What has the Yamato done? Slashed through stone, sure, impressive, but Ganon basically disintegrates stone with his weapon, hell, he can bring down a whole castle with his punches. Link has been able to more or less tank this level of destruction.

Link has been able to overpower Ganon in sword locks. Honestly Savior while huge and obviously has great destructive potential, hasn't really demonstrated impressive physical strength for its size has it? Neither is it very agile but that is another matter.

Yes, Dante has regeneration, but thankfully for Link it is limited and that he doesn't have as much pure durability as Link does. When Dante is tired, his regeneration suffers. Conversely as Dante takes damage, his stamina suffers. The two are linked.

Speed? Sure. But Link is no slouch in his reaction time and his tactic will be much more defensive in nature, so he does not need to be quite on the level of a bullet timer, he just needs the ability to fend off Dante intelligently and take advantage while Dante steadily tires.

Which he can and would do.

ScreamPaste
Shooting Link probably wouldn't do much good, and decapitating him would be a feat indeed. He took shots from Ganon's massive beast form that carried two swords, and could disintegrate stone without even halting, as if the stone was not there. These blows obviously hurt Link but still only did 2.5 hearts.

Link has temporary invulnerability to match Dante's temporary speed boost, and when Dante is not in his speed boost, he may still be faster than Link, and probably is, but not fast enough to really speed blitz Link who can casually chop arrows out of the air, side step swords thrown hard enough to embed themselves into stone walls, go toe to toe with Ganon, and Majora, and so on. Link's not the fastest runner but he is a very quick fighter with super human reaction speed.

As to strength, Let me math.. He lifted a stone pillar resmebling black granite closest (a VERY heavy stone known for being retardedly heavy.)

granit article v
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~rmr/definition.html <--source.

"Since so many people ask me about "weight" ....I have an old reference that says an "average" granite has a density of about 166.5 lb. per cubic foot, or about 2.6 times what the same volume of water would weigh. If its what commercial stone dealers call a "black granite" the density would likely be much higher."

Now, assuming that, lemme make a few estimations.. /heads to youtube.

http://i44.tinypic.com/15pg4g3.jpg <--screen shot. I'l try to get one that shows the entire pillar rather than just the bottom... but it's clearly huge. Lemme do some quick math on that using the average weight of white granite before I move on to black granite..

K, working with only what we can SEE in this image, let's assume conservatively that Link is slighlty above average height, around 6'2" or more seems reasonable, so we'll go with six. RESERVED FOR EDITTED IN MATH*

Now I have to find something on black granite because that's the stone the pillars in OoT closest resemble.. -.- Just a sec.

ScreamPaste
pardon my double post but.. I need to. 15 minute limit.

Shooting Link probably wouldn't do much good, and decapitating him would be a feat indeed. He took shots from Ganon's massive beast form that carried two swords, and could disintegrate stone without even halting, as if the stone was not there. These blows obviously hurt Link but still only did 2.5 hearts.

Link has temporary invulnerability to match Dante's temporary speed boost, and when Dante is not in his speed boost, he may still be faster than Link, and probably is, but not fast enough to really speed blitz Link who can casually chop arrows out of the air, side step swords thrown hard enough to embed themselves into stone walls, go toe to toe with Ganon, and Majora, and so on. Link's not the fastest runner but he is a very quick fighter with super human reaction speed.

As to strength, Let me math.. He lifted a stone pillar resmebling black granite closest (a VERY heavy stone known for being retardedly heavy.)

granit article v
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~rmr/definition.html <--source.

"Since so many people ask me about "weight" ....I have an old reference that says an "average" granite has a density of about 166.5 lb. per cubic foot, or about 2.6 times what the same volume of water would weigh. If its what commercial stone dealers call a "black granite" the density would likely be much higher."

Now, assuming that, lemme make a few estimations.. /heads to youtube.

http://i44.tinypic.com/15pg4g3.jpg <--screen shot. I'l try to get one that shows the entire pillar rather than just the bottom... but it's clearly huge. Lemme do some quick math on that using the average weight of white granite before I move on to black granite..

K, working with only what we can SEE in this image, let's assume conservatively that Link is slighlty above average height, around 6'2" or more seems reasonable, so we'll go with six. ASSUMING these thigns with VERY roguh guestimations (thank you Blubba Pinecone for your godliness) this rock is aprox 12208.32 cubic feet in volume. (JUST the visible part in the pic, not including the top half.) Now, if that means the average weight of white granite is 166.5 lbs per cubic foot... *math* 2032685.28 Lbs. That's the weiht of JUST the visible portion of the pillar if we assume Link is 6' and the stone is light granite as opposed to black granite.

If a ton is 2000 lbs thats 1016.3 tons. and he THROWS IT.

Now I have to find something on black granite because that's the stone the pillars in OoT closest resemble.. -.- Just a sec.

ScreamPaste
BLACK GRANITE!

"Cambrian Black granite

Absorption by weight: 0.101%

Density: 179 pounds/cubic foot

(2,874 kg/cu.m)

Compressive strength: 22,122 psi (153 Mpa)

Modulus of rupture: 1,868 psi (12.92 Mpa)"

http://www.stoneworld.com/Articles/Feature_Article/f6a52a4061409010VgnVCM100000f932a8c0____ <--article.

Math time. 12208.32 (volume in cubic feet) x 179 (lbs per cubic foot) = 2185289.28 lbs. Just the visible portion. Link. Is. Amazing.. I didn't expect it to be THAT heavy.. wtf.. 1096.64 tons. .

Even in my most fanboyish moments I would have only guessed 100ish tons for the entire rock.. and this is a conservative estimation. So.... I'm gonna go redo my math, I don't believe this.

Edit: most of this math. (figuring the volume in cubic feet) was doen by my math whiz friend Blubba Pinecone.

CosmicComet
I'm not going to question the math, but doesn't Link needing the gauntlets for that kind of diminish the impressiveness of it a little bit?

ScreamPaste
Yeah, it does, but the gauntlets are part of his gear, he still can throw thos things with little effort while wearing them, and I've been debating as OoT Link this entire thread, rather than a composite Link. The gauntlets really are as valid as any weapon foudn in the coarse of the game and are required to beat it, so they're canon. A composite Link would be stupid now that I did that math.. TP Link withthose gauntlets? Broken..

Gumachi
Just because he's tired doesn't mean his regeneration runs down. He can always use his regeneration heart or DT and he will keep regenerating over and over and over. Dante also has Keys of Chronos to slow time.

ScreamPaste
DMC canon and wiki both seem to disagree with you, yeah it's a wiki, but it is maintained by DMC fans.

Besides, the mastersword would be like anathema to Dante, harder to regenerate than other wounds.

Also, if you wanna get technical, the version of Link I'm arguing for could slow time with a song in the game after OoT. =P Even without that all Link has to do is turn on Nayru's love and wait out the problem, or just tank Dante directly.

I mean, now that I see how freaking stron Link is.. The forces that would be applied to his body just to throw that big rock would be so extreme and crushing that just throwing it is probably a greater durability feat than Dante has shown. Dante has regen, and some durability, but now it just seems like Link could hit him so hard the sheer momentum behind his blows would tear Dante apart, factor in Link's sword and it's just insanity.

Voyeur
You can also point out that the Link we're going on is strictly from OoT has farore's wind. The ability to teleport.

This alone in any case makes any speed, reflex and agility advantages that Dante has null and void. For the games sake it is used simply as a warp point to get around dungeons, but it was literally translated from that very move into what Zelda is capable of in both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. That alone, since it is all from the official owners, would mean that Farore's wind has that capability.

So Link can just port around and dodge attacks (e.g. bullets, grenades, rockets) The momentum of force is also kept when one is teleporting, this is true and known from Nitecrawler and it applies to any one who can teleport, that the inertia of anything doesn't affect the ongoing speed with energy, velocity. It all factors in to this built up energy that quite literally could tear Dante in half when hit.

If we were going to go as far to make Link broken and apply him from any context of the LoZ titles; then ...kek...in Zelda 2: the Adventures of Link he actually has the ability to shape shift into a Fairy to get around effortlessly along the fact he has a spell to regenerate health, magic and cast a Shield spell on himself to take half the damage, so that PLUS Naryu's Love.

so yeah...kek...

Gumachi
Besides, the mastersword would be like anathema to Dante, harder to regenerate than other wounds.

Link could hit him so hard the sheer momentum behind his blows would tear Dante apart, factor in Link's sword and it's just insanity.

H3R6iBvNStA

YQEeIBSIYAc

Dante got impaled in the heart with Rebellion WHILE BEING CRUCIFIED

Dante also got stabbed by a God in Sword Form.

ScreamPaste
So? We know he can regen.

Second cut scene needs more shirt.

Voyeur
Gumachi you're confusing being stabbed, impaled, crucified, thrusted, lunged, etc etc alternate words for being physically penetrated by a sword, with the fact we're taking about alternate dimensional speed on a scale outside of the law of possible physics (i.e. teleporation) in itself which is a tear in time and space and with those applied to Link's shown strength thanks to ScreamPaste....

it would TEAR, rip a new worm whole sort of speak, in which Dante would be sliced at it's birth peak.

EDIT: you can't regenerate lost matter. Molecules and atoms exist and continue to exist and recycle so long as they are on our plane of existance. But if something is built and sent to space, those particles no longer are apart of our world.

The same goes for if Dante was cut at such extreme conditions the flesh, muscle, bone and organ that was wounded's own sub-atomic structure would be sent to out of reach for him to regenerate what was lost.

Gumachi
Have you seen Dante and Vergil fight? Dante can teleport and is invisible to the human eye. Ummm, Yamato? .

ScreamPaste
Link could tank Yamato.

Dante could not tank the master sword, Link is so strong he could beat Dante to death with the pommel.

Edit; I settled on a single canon Link, you're using Dante from which game? Last I checked he doesn't have Yamato anymore.

Gumachi
SOd6XJMu5pA

Yamato is a physical manfestation of Vergil's body and sprit, one slice of Judgment Cut and hishead is gone. And Link is a human, so it will be invisible to his eye.

He survived getting stabbed by a God erm

I wasn't saying he Yamato, but he SURVIVED Yamato.

Voyeur
And blessed with the Triforce of courage in Hyrule's lore, from the Goddess Farore, Link himself is technically a God.

And I just boned all of you with actual proof and facts of applied physics.

side note: This God specifically is the one that created L I F E, beings....

ScreamPaste
He regenned a hole in his chest, Link got smacked around by someone with even more power behind his attacks and had no hole in his chest to regen! =]

Besides, until you give me a feat for Aastor proving that was some kind of incredibly powerful attack it's null next to Link's retard strength.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>