Defeat This Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Dr Doom has developed a mind control device and has used it to make three powerful allies. You have to come up with a team of characters to beat this awesome foursome!

Who would you pick?

Forbidden Characters:

* Superman, Dark Phoenix, Silver Surfer, Charles Xavier, Hancock, Freddy, The Mask, or anyone equal or more powerful than these characters.

* No more than two Star Wars force user allowed (except in scenario IV).

Assumptions:

Doom cannot be penetrated by a lightsabre.

. . .

1. Dr Doom (Armored Form)
2. The Incredible Hulk (Eric Bana)
3. Magneto
4. David Banner

Scenario I: 4 vs 4 - Pick a team of 4

Scenario II: Pick as few characters as possible, but enough that you are comfortable your team would win.

Scenario III: A team of six, characters can be repeated.

Scenario IV: A team of six, all comprised of the same character!

Final Blaxican
Great thread. This will actually take a lot of thought, as all those people are incredibly powerful, and David Banner is like... herald-ish level if I'm thinking of the right David Banner (From Hulk right?).

Placidity
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Great thread. This will actually take a lot of thought, as all those people are incredibly powerful, and David Banner is like... herald-ish level if I'm thinking of the right David Banner (From Hulk right?).

Yea maybe I shouldn't have included him? We'll see...

Placidity
Scenario I: 4 vs 4 - Pick a team of 4

1. Sandman
2. Palpatine
3. Susan Storm
4. Abomination

Scenario II: Pick as few characters as possible, but enough that you are comfortable your team would win.

1. Human Torch
2. Yoda
3. Palps
4. Susan Storm
5. Abomination
6. Cyclops
7. Ghost Rider
8. Venom
9. Sandman
10. Iceman
11. Pyro

That should do it. Ok I didnt really try did I rofl.

Scenario III: A team of six, characters can be repeated.

1. Susan Storm
2. Susan Storm
3. Susan Storm
4. Sandman
5. Sandman
6. Sandman

Scenario IV: A team of six, all comprised of the same character!

Yoda x 6.

Oh I forgot to mention that we're assuming Magneto can't control Lightsabers.

Rogue Jedi
Your threads here kick ass, but dude, this is too much. haermm

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Your threads here kick ass, but dude, this is too much. haermm

I know . Whenever I have a good idea, I do too much with it, and understandably, people can't be bothered. At least thats what I think is the case anyway. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
I'll post here, but I gotta wait til I am literally doing nothing.

jaden101
Neo (revolutions)
Agent Smith Prime (revolutions)
Megatron
Walter Sobchak

Final Blaxican
Neo? Beat David Banner?

hawhawhaw.

jaden101
What exactly does movie David Banner do to make him unbeatable by a character who's abilities include being able to change anything within his enviroment at a mere thought.

Besides Neo's physical strength and abilities he is able to "see the world without time" which is a form of precognition. He is able to resurrect the dead. Dodge and stop bullets. Fly at incredible speed. He is also a master of every known martial arts. Granted, he's dumb as shit but he's an extremely powerful adversary for anyone.

Placidity
Well, the Hulk couldn't beat David in a straight up fight.

Trackz
Ghost Rider
Monkey King (Forbidden Kingdom)
David Rice (Jumper)

they should be able to do it (rice taking away any character that can't be dealt with straight up)

jaden101
Maybe so, But like the Hulk, Neo has potentially unlimited strength not based on anger but based on his inherent ability. He also has effectively unlimited speed as well as several other abilities which make him a far more potent adversary than the Hulk. Both, however are only theoretically unlimited by their minds allowance to project their power.

Then there's Smith, as I mentioned. Who effectively has the power of every living person because, as we are led to believe, he has spread throughout the entire matrix and "taken over" everyone (including exiled programmes) and so has abilities of all those people.

You only need to look at the shock waves generated by their fight in revolutions to see the levels of power they're putting out.

And as my other character choice. So long as it isn't on the sabbath then Sobchak would destroy all.

Trackz
Originally posted by jaden101
Maybe so, But like the Hulk, Neo has potentially unlimited strength not based on anger but based on his inherent ability. He also has effectively unlimited speed as well as several other abilities which make him a far more potent adversary than the Hulk. Both, however are only theoretically unlimited by their minds allowance to project their power.

Then there's Smith, as I mentioned. Who effectively has the power of every living person because, as we are led to believe, he has spread throughout the entire matrix and "taken over" everyone (including exiled programmes) and so has abilities of all those people.

You only need to look at the shock waves generated by their fight in revolutions to see the levels of power they're putting out.

And as my other character choice. So long as it isn't on the sabbath then Sobchak would destroy all. I was thinking neo and smith were the types of characters that were too powerful to be used.

ThunderGodEneru
David Banner? As in Hulk's dad?

He breaks this thread IMO.

So I vote Dr. Manhattan solos. 131

Final Blaxican
What exactly does movie David Banner do to make him unbeatable by a character who's abilities include being able to change anything within his enviroment at a mere thought.

Except he can't do that unless he's in the Matrix.

David Banner can turn into the atmosphere itself, can turn into a gust of wind, a lightning bolt, a lightning CLOUD, a building, anything he TOUCHES he gains the characteristics and the abilities of. No physical attack can ever kill him.

ThunderGodEneru
Dr. Manhattan separating his atomic particles will. 131

jaden101
Except he can't do that unless he's in the Matrix.

David Banner can turn into the atmosphere itself, can turn into a gust of wind, a lightning bolt, a lightning CLOUD, a building, anything he TOUCHES he gains the characteristics and the abilities of. No physical attack can ever kill him.

Doesn't matter if he can only do it in the matrix. We're discussing feats within the films. He does it in the film so it's valid in this debate. If you're to limit powers then it's easy to say that the characters in the marvel films only have their powers in the so called "marvel-verse" and any other alternate reality, they don't have their powers.

Besides his powers aren't limited to the matrix. He destroys literally hundreds...Perhaps even thousands of sentinals and robot bombs with thought alone in the so called "real world" because of his connection to the source via the programme within him.

Final Blaxican
Doesn't matter if he can only do it in the matrix. We're discussing feats within the films. He does it in the film so it's valid in this debate.

Really? When did he ever look at his opponent and reduce him into nothing?

Despite all his abilities, when it really counted he fought Smith the old fashion way.

The difference being the Marvel characters don't rely on one particular setting to have their abilities, whereas Neo can only affect things that are part of the Matrix, which no one in this thread is. Now, if Silver Surfer were to only be powerful as long as he was standing next to a particular band of toaster, and there was no such toaster in this thread, then you'd be right and SS would be powerless.

Point?

That even if he can make himself move at hypersonic speeds and can lift a car with ease, he can't look at someone and will them to basically unravel themselves. It doesn't work that way. That would be like saying that because Kryptonite hurts Superman, it should everyone, or saying that because Ghost Rider's Beam A kills any demon instantly it'd work on any opponent the same way. Doesn't work that way.

Which wouldn't harm David Banner, who is a cloud. He's going to... make the cloud blow-up? Dude will just morph into the explosion itself, or into water vapor, or into a single atom.

jaden101
Really? When did he ever look at his opponent and reduce him into nothing?

Despite all his abilities, when it really counted he fought Smith the old fashion way.

The difference being the Marvel characters don't rely on one particular setting to have their abilities, whereas Neo can only affect things that are part of the Matrix, which no one in this thread is. Now, if Silver Surfer were to only be powerful as long as he was standing next to a particular band of toaster, and there was no such toaster in this thread, then you'd be right and SS would be powerless.

Point?

That even if he can make himself move at hypersonic speeds and can lift a car with ease, he can't look at someone and will them to basically unravel themselves. It doesn't work that way. That would be like saying that because Kryptonite hurts Superman, it should everyone, or saying that because Ghost Rider's Beam A kills any demon instantly it'd work on any opponent the same way. Doesn't work that way.

Which wouldn't harm David Banner, who is a cloud. He's going to... make the cloud blow-up? Dude will just morph into the explosion itself, or into water vapor, or into a single atom.

The setting doesn't matter. It's the fact that the feats were in the film that matters.

Your implication is that his fight with Smith was the equivalent of standard human punches. The reality is that, given their abilities and powers, they were hitting each other with force considerably morepowerful than most of the hulks feats in two movies.

As for him being able to unravel people with thought. One of his abilities is being able to manipulate things as he sees fit. It's mentioned in the movie...He can do it.

Placidity

As for him being able to unravel people with thought. One of his abilities is being able to manipulate things as he sees fit. It's mentioned in the movie...He can do it.

not really...

jaden101
Yeah really.

ThunderGodEneru
Neo is grossly overrated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.