Thanos vs. Despero the abilities gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
They face each other in matches to determine who is better in certain areas.

Despero will use every ability he has shown to the fullest as will Thanos.

1. Hand to hand. V and v despero vs. Thanos

2. Arm wrestling. V and V Des vs. Thanos

3. Telepathic assault

4. Matter Manip. Flame of pytar Despero vs. Thanos

5. Full out no holds barred fight. All of Despero's combined vs. The best of thanos.

xJLxKing
1. Despero
2. Despero
3. Despero
4. Thanos
5. Thanos

Nihilist
1. thanos
2. despero
3. stalemate
4. thanos
5. thanos

carver9
thanos wins all of them except 2

fangirl101
Originally posted by Nihilist
1. thanos
2. despero
3. stalemate
4. thanos
5. thanos The flame of pytar is some serious reality bending power. you sure about that one?

Kris Blaze
Thanos is ****ed.

Enyalus
1. Thanos.
2. Thanos.
3. Stalemate.
4. Despero.
5. Thanos.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
1. Thanos.
2. Thanos.
3. Stalemate.
4. Despero.
5. Thanos. what strength feats does thanos have that put him above v and v despero in an arm wresling contect. I'm interested to know.

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
what strength feats does thanos have that put him above v and v despero in an arm wresling contect. I'm interested to know.

All V & V Despero did strengthwise was keep the Rock of Eternity from falling on him...

And the Rock in that instance looked no more than, say, football field sized. Dunno how big it is inside, but...

cloud102
All V & V Despero did strengthwise was keep the Rock of Eternity from falling on him...

And the Rock in that instance looked no more than, say, football field sized. Dunno how big it is inside, but...

Hasn't the Rock Of Eternity been said that the weight is uncalcuable?

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Hasn't the Rock Of Eternity been said that the weight is uncalcuable?

Wouldn't surprise me. Uncalcuable weight in DC is like infinite power in Marvel. Go figure.

carver9
what strength feats does thanos have that put him above v and v despero in an arm wresling contect. I'm interested to know.

What strength feat does despero have

Enyalus
Originally posted by carver9
What strength feat does despero have

Most impressive thing IMO was slamming Superman and Captain Marvel's heads together like Thanos did to Thing and Hulk. Obviously the former duo is superior strength-wise.

fangirl101

And the Rock in that instance looked no more than, say, football field sized. Dunno how big it is inside, but... And what strength feats does thanos have? none. But Thanos knocks around The Thing and fixit hulk and he is uber strong. V and V Despero knocked around Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Power Girl, Hourman, Liberty Bell, etc. So exactly why is thanos stronger than V and V despero?

Enyalus
And what strength feats does thanos have? none. But Thanos knocks around The Thing and fixit hulk and he is uber strong. V and V Despero knocked around Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Power Girl, Hourman, Liberty Bell, etc. So exactly why is thanos stronger than V and V despero?

In my opinion he still has the power up from Tyrant. At the end of the issue he's got the orb back in his lab hooked up to a bunch of machines, and he said he'd 'probe the spoils of my struggle' and 'attempt to learn its secrets.' He did far less than that with regard to the Force Block he used on WM Thor. And we know that became part of his standard tech because he uses it against Odin afterwards without the gun.

He's been upgraded once by Death and then upgraded himself several times (by his own admission.) That was one of those time.

fangirl101
In my opinion he still has the power up from Tyrant. At the end of the issue he's got the orb back in his lab hooked up to a bunch of machines, and he said he'd 'probe the spoils of my struggle' and 'attempt to learn its secrets.' He did far less than that with regard to the Force Block he used on WM Thor. And we know that became part of his standard tech because he uses it against Odin afterwards without the gun.

He's been upgraded once by Death and then upgraded himself several times (by his own admission.) That was one of those time. all of that means what? No feats to back up what you are saying is a power up. Now what FEATS does thanos have that makes you think he's stronger than Despero.

Enyalus
all of that means what? No feats to back up what you are saying is a power up. Now what FEATS does thanos have that makes you think he's stronger than Despero.

confused If I'm allowed my assumption, then Thanos can physically stalemate Tyrant. That puts him up there in the strength department.

I already brought up him thrashing Hulk & Thing together. He's also done so to Hulk & Drax, and Thor & Thing, off the top of my head. Then there's Surfer...

And no, I don't think those last feats aren't > WW, PG, Hourman, and CM.

carver9
all of that means what? No feats to back up what you are saying is a power up. Now what FEATS does thanos have that makes you think he's stronger than Despero.

Him locking arms with tyrant a being that is stronger than anyone that you named. Thats why its bad to use who people fought because if thats the case slade=superman/wonder woman since he did fight people in there strength class and actually defeated them.

King Kandy
Thanos beat Hercules, Thor, Hulk and the Thing at the same time with ease.

He probably wins everything except arm wrestling though even that he may win in.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos beat Hercules, Thor, Hulk and the Thing at the same time with ease.

He probably wins everything except arm wrestling though even that he may win in.

3 of whom are a joke compared to the guys Despero fought.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
This was pre-upgrade Thanos BTW. I think Drax might have been there as well but I could be wrong about that.

carver9

Hulk is stronger than anyone that despero fought

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by King Kandy
This was pre-upgrade Thanos BTW. I think Drax might have been there as well but I could be wrong about that.

Not at the same time.

Also, most people there except Thor can be one-shotted be either P-U Thanos and Despero.

Enyalus
Also, most people there except Thor can be one-shotted be either P-U Thanos and Despero.

Possibly. But V & V Despero was stunned by a tear gas arrow and had his teeth knocked out and was bleeding from one of Hawkman's swings. So, assuming Despero got in the first shot, yeah.

Kris Blaze
Possibly. But V & V Despero was stunned by a tear gas arrow and had his teeth knocked out and was bleeding from one of Hawkman's swings. So, assuming Despero got in the first shot, yeah.

lmfao.

You think Thanos could take Hawkman's mace to the face unaffected?

fangirl101
Possibly. But V & V Despero was stunned by a tear gas arrow and had his teeth knocked out and was bleeding from one of Hawkman's swings. So, assuming Despero got in the first shot, yeah. He was stunned by a tear gas arrow becuz he had taken over a human beings body. And let's not forget that Hawkman's mace is made of URU metal. Mkay. Thanks.

Enyalus
He was stunned by a tear gas arrow becuz he had taken over a human beings body. And let's not forget that Hawkman's mace is made of URU metal. Mkay. Thanks.

Uru is what Thor's hammer's made of...Nth metal is the mace, I thought.

lmfao.

You think Thanos could take Hawkman's mace to the face unaffected?

I think Thanos could take Thor's hammer's throw to the face unaffected, so yeah I think he'd be unaffected by Hawkman's mace.

fangirl101
Uru is what Thor's hammer's made of...Nth metal is the mace, I thought.

I think Thanos could take Thor's hammer's throw to the face unaffected, so yeah I think he'd be unaffected by Hawkman's mace.
No.

Mekrob
lmfao.

You think Thanos could take Hawkman's mace to the face unaffected? ...

occultdestroyer
V&V Despero was wrecking a team that consisted the best top-tier heroes in DC.

Put Thanos in his place and he would get omfgwtfpwned.

And as for this match, Despero wins all 5.

Enyalus
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
And as for this match, Despero wins all 5.

No way in hell.

iceman24567
I almost agree with him no expression

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
I almost agree with him no expression

Despero doesn't have the durability to go H2H with Thanos. And Thanos is the more skilled and more intelligent fighter.

Thanos stalemating Despero in the TP area is being generous to Despero, too, considering he's overpowered Moondragon w/ Mind Gem and nearly overcame Galactus' psychic defenses.

The rest of the areas, I can see someone giving Despero the win in, although I personally wouldn't agree with it except in the one case I did - matter manipulation.

Mindset
3 of whom are a joke compared to the guys Despero fought. Herc has comparable strength to Thor nub

Allankles

Thanos face got busted when he took a hammer blow to the face. The mace has jagged edges and disruptive energy.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Thanos face got busted when he took a hammer blow to the face. The mace has jagged edges and disruptive energy.

Thanos took Mjolnir blows backed by the Power Gem that did virtually nothing. Hawkman and his mace would be child's play.

Allankles
Thanos took Mjolnir blows backed by the Power Gem that did virtually nothing. Hawkman and his mace would be child's play.

Most of the blows he took were not to the face. How many shots did he take to the mouth or face? The issue was that he'll feel the mace, especially when it's not just blunt force but point force as well.

Enyalus
Most of the blows he took were not to the face. How many shots did he take to the mouth or face? The issue was that he'll feel the mace, especially when it's not just blunt force but point force as well.

Two shots without bleeding or staggering backwards, one where he was already bleeding, so I have no idea.

The point is Thanos would certainly not have lost teeth AND bled after one shot. Nor would he have been injured by one punch to the chest from Power Girl. Nor would he have been affected by tear gas.

occultdestroyer
V&V Despero would win against base Thanos.

Thanos would need some sort of power-up or upgrade to overcome the raw power of V&V Despero.

Also, V&V Despero arguably has stronger TP than Thanos (that is, if Thanos even has TP).

Enyalus
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Also, V&V Despero arguably has stronger TP than Thanos (that is, if Thanos even has TP).

Oh, yes, because V & V Despero did so much with his TP...

Allankles
Two shots without bleeding or staggering backwards, one where he was already bleeding, so I have no idea.

The point is Thanos would certainly not have lost teeth AND bled after one shot. Nor would he have been injured by one punch to the chest from Power Girl. Nor would he have been affected by tear gas.

I agree, but your initial argument was he wouldn't be affected getting smashed across the mouth with a spiky, matter and energy disrupting weapon.

Enyalus
I agree, but your initial argument was he wouldn't be affected getting smashed across the mouth with a spiky, matter and energy disrupting weapon.

He would be able to tank the blow without an issue. That's as clear and as far as I want to go with that point.

Allankles
He can tank mace shots but if Hawkman swung it at his mouth, Thanos gets hurt imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.