Batman Vs. The Watchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Who does Batman (Bale) stop at? He gets fully healed between each fight.

Scenario 1: H2H strickly, they all get their suits/costumes. Fight in an arena

Scenario 2: All weapons and gear they normally carry. Fight in a metropolitan city.

A) Silk Spectre
B) Comedian
C) Rorschah
D) Nite Owl
E) Ozymandias

Tommy Jarvis
Batman would get his ass kicked, pure and simple. I don't know why Ozymandias is on the list. If the guy can catch and dodge bullets, nothing Batman throws is getting near him.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tommy Jarvis
Batman would get his ass kicked, pure and simple. I don't know why Ozymandias is on the list. If the guy can catch and dodge bullets, nothing Batman throws is getting near him.

Maybe that's why he's LAST on the list and not first?

Vengeful Koala
Originally posted by Robtard
Who does Batman (Bale) stop at? He gets fully healed between each fight.

Scenario 1: H2H strickly, they all get their suits/costumes. Fight in an arena

Scenario 2: All weapons and gear they normally carry. Fight in a metropolitan city.

A) Silk Spectre
B) Comedian
C) Rorschah
D) Nite Owl
E) Ozymandias Scenario 1: If the Comedian is in his prime, he takes Batman fairly easily, I'm surprised to say. His opening fight has him punching holes through sheet rock and getting slammed through kitchen counters and glass tables. He does better against Ozymandias alone than two other heroes on this list do together.

And that's at sixty-seven.

Scenario 2: Same deal.

You should probably switch the placing of Comedian and Nite Owl.

Robtard
Originally posted by Vengeful Koala
You should probably switch the placing of Comedian and Nite Owl.

Good point. Done.

A) Silk Spectre
B) Nite Owl
C) Rorschah
D) Comedian
E) Ozymandias

Dr Will Hatch
H2H-Batman loses against all of them except maybe Nite Owl and Rorschach(Bruce is too smart to give Rorschach any field advantages). There's no way your convincing me those people were only human.

With Prep-I think Batman could clear it actually. He showed a lot of his vaunted detective skills in the films and designed the massive sonar device in TDK all by himself, an engineering feat. He could keep up with Comedians weapons with the stuff in his tumbler and bat pod, and I think Ozymandias is beatable. Hell, with enough time Bats could neutralize Dr Manhattan.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Hell, with enough time Bats could neutralize Dr Manhattan. erm

Vengeful Koala
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
H2H-Batman loses against all of them except maybe Nite Owl and Rorschach (Bruce is too smart to give Rorschach any field advantages).Yet Silk Spectre could take him? No.

Tough.

No. That was Lucius. He simply applied it on larger scale (still have no idea how).

You clearly haven't watched Watchmen.

BruceSkywalker
spite, there is no possible way Batman wins

dadudemon
Hmm...

I would put Silk Spectre, Owl, and Batman on similar levels. However, those two have better "fight" feats as far as strength goes. They all three handled street peeps like they were nothing, however, the strength is strongly in favor of SS and Owl. They were kicking people many feet, UP into the air and breaking bones like it was nothing. That does not happen with either of the Bale Batman movies....however, there is that part where Bale basically curls Ducard, one handed, off the side of the cliff. I was like, "holy f*ck" because that would take a lot of strength and it looked like he did it for real.

That said, I think Batman has the intelligence advantage.

Owl's googles and pretty much all technology are much better than batman's sonar "vision".

I can't really see Batman winning against Silk with a comfortable margin. It's possible he would even lose.

Depends...I need to see more arguments to decide if he can make it past the first person.

Dr Will Hatch
Everyone in the movie was freakishly tough, the Comedian f**king broke his concrete wall like it was nothing. The Silk Spectre and Nite Owl gave a street gang one of the worst beatings I've ever seen in a movie. Batman is very strong and a brilliant fighter, but he's no metahuman. It would come down to his tactical mind in a fight situation. He would have to use stealth and the location to his advantage, and I suppose with the best of luck he could make it to Comedian.

In a prep situation, I think he would beat all of them. Ozymandias is the smartest person in his world, Bruce is on the same level as his and is probably more resourcful and strongwilled. Batman would have discovered his plot long before Rorschach and prevent anyone from dying.

Vengeful Koala
Bruce is never presented as a genius of any sort. He's intelligent and extremely well-versed in the facets of crimefighting, sure, but that's it. Ozymandias is Batman on steroids. Far smarter, stronger, faster, and probably richer, too. He notes that he could buy up an entire group of corporations three times over at one point in the movie, notes again that he spent two billion in the final act, and has merchandising products in his likeness alone worth a billion dollars.

And more resources? Again, watch the movie or read the novel before commenting.

No.

ThunderGodEneru
H2H, he loses to all of them. Even Silk Spectre showed ridiculous fighting prowess and superhuman(what the Watchmen did, is NOT possible by human standards) attributes which Bruce cannot fvck with.

All weapons and gear they carry, Nite-Owl shoots him with a laza.

Robtard
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
H2H, he loses to all of them. Even Silk Spectre showed ridiculous fighting prowess and superhuman(what the Watchmen did, is NOT possible by human standards) attributes which Bruce cannot fvck with.

All weapons and gear they carry, Nite-Owl shoots him with a laza.

Are you factoring in two important things?

1) The bat-suit provides a high level of protection.
2) Compare who Batman fought h2h Vs. who the others fought h2h with. I'd wager the LOS ninjas are more skilled than those street-goons and butt****ing-inmates. Just a thought.

ThunderGodEneru
Are you factoring in two important things?

1) The bat-suit provides a high level of protection.
2) Compare who Batman fought h2h Vs. who the others fought h2h with. I'd wager the LOS ninjas are more skilled than those street-goons and butt****ing-inmates. Just a thought. 1. So does everyone else's suit but Rorschach's and Silk Spectre's.

2. Well Ozymandias destroyed Rorschach and Nite-Owl almost casually, and Comedian at age 67, far out of his prime, did better alone against him than they did together. Rorschach took on several Swat Team members, defeating like a dozen I think, and although Batman is very skilled in his own right, he has not shown the nigh(at the lowest) superhuman attributes of the Watchmen, nor has he shown the brutal efficiency at defeating large numbers of foes.

Batman, despite his skill, can and has had trouble with people of far lesser skill, Joker, although being a good fighter in his own right, is nothing to the Watchmen, and him along with like 2 other henchmen managed to give Batman some trouble.

Vengeful Koala
Use spoiler tags, man. You may have just given away the plot.

ThunderGodEneru
Shit you're right.

Do not read that to anyone who has not seen the movie or read the comic.

Darth Exodus
I think you're a little too late. Luckily I watched the movie tonight and I would say that all of the Watchmen could take him, though the suit would be trouble and might give him a few majorities.

Impediment
Fixed the spoiler tags.

Bardock42
Are they actually called "The Watchmen" in the movie? sad

Impediment
Originally posted by Bardock42
Are they actually called "The Watchmen" in the movie? sad

No.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
No.

Good, good.

ThunderGodEneru
Lol, indeed, that would kinda suck.

To be more accurate, this team should be called The Crimebusters.

dadudemon
F*ck you idiots who come in here wanting spoiler tags. no expression

You don't belong in here unless you've seen at least three movies:

The Watchmen

Batman: Batman Begins

Batman: The Dark Knight

If you haven't seen all three of those films, literally GTFO out of this thread if you don't want any spoilers. no expression It's not hard.

"Liek, I don't wanna see spoilers for The Watchmen, so I'll clikc on the batman vs. Watchmen. dur WTF? I think there's spoilers in here! mad You a**holes! mad How DARE you! mad "

dur

12. Well Ozymandias destroyed Rorschach and Nite-Owl almost casually,

Sad, really. I was hoping that they'd do better. However, Adrian is supposed to, basically, personify human perfection of mind and body. (I am probably getting that from the comics...as I don't really remember anything about that beyond "he's the world's smartest man."wink

and Comedian at age 67, far out of his prime, did better alone against him than they did together.

You didn't give very much away, there, as that is in the previews. We see the Comedian getting thrown about and thrown out the window in the previews. We just don't know by whom until the end.

Rorschach took on several Swat Team members, defeating like a dozen I think,

Indeed. He fought them when they had automatics, at point blank range. I just played the "door opening" scene back and I saw 5 that were actually up the stairs and at least one on the stairs in view. This is minus the one that used the hammer thing to open the door.

and although Batman is very skilled in his own right, he has not shown the nigh(at the lowest) superhuman attributes of the Watchmen, nor has he shown the brutal efficiency at defeating large numbers of foes.

I wouldn't say superhuman, but he certainly showed close to peak human by curling Liam Nieson's 200+ body up the side of the cliff...one armed. no expression I don't think that you understand how "peak human" that is until you find someone who can curl 200+ lbs on one arm, just a tad. There may not a man exist who can do that. I've seen 100lb dumbells curled. Even 275 curled an an olympic straight bar. But I've never seen anyone come close to 200 lbs each arm.

Batman, from the movies, is almost peak human in every way.

Also, Batman DID fight large groups of criminals in Batman Begins. It was like this when all the people on that island were driven mad from the drugs. Tons of criminals got out.

, despite his skill, can and has had trouble with people of far lesser skill, Joker, although being a good fighter in his own right, is nothing to the Watchmen, and him along with like 2 other henchmen managed to give Batman some trouble.

The Joker is no p*ssy by any stretch of the imagination. His fighting feats put him up there. He took out that big black body guard with a pencil to the eye. He got out of his holding cell after getting beat the eff up by batman. (He tricked that cop by teasing him.)

And he took on a Batman in his suite and fought him almost to a stand still. Batman's gadgets saved him. The dogs were to Jokers advantage, though. And Batman's "vision" thingie didn't help either. But still....the joker fought him without the armor. no expression

Quincy
They actually are called the watchmen in the movie.

Also, Ozymandias would rape Bale's Batman.

Bardock42
But the movie, at least, is called Watchmen, not the Watchmen...dumb dadudemon!!!!

Quincy
Originally posted by dadudemon
The Joker is no p*ssy by any stretch of the imagination. His fighting feats put him up there. He took out that big black body guard with a pencil to the eye. He got out of his holding cell after getting beat the eff up by batman. (He tricked that cop by teasing him.)

And he took on a Batman in his suite and fought him almost to a stand still. Batman's gadgets saved him. The dogs were to Jokers advantage, though. And Batman's "vision" thingie didn't help either. But still....the joker fought him without the armor. no expression

haha yes he is dude. What fighting feats does he have in that movie?

He took out a guy with a pencil in the eye. "Surprise! Grabbed ya! I'm a formidable warrior - don't mess with me!"

The getting beat up thing and getting out of his cell is not a fighting feat. He grabbed a piece of broken glass and took a hostage. I see no fighting skill there.

And in the Suite, Joker got his ass handed to him, thrown backwards and only came to a "standstill" when he once again took another hostage. Oh man what brilliant fighting strategy!

And in the climax of their battle, Batman was BLIND! Come on! Didn't Joker like beat him up with a pipe? Cool.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Quincy

And in the climax of their battle, Batman was BLIND! Come on! Didn't Joker like beat him up with a pipe? Cool.
a pipe and three large dogs

jalek moye
Good point. Done.

A) Silk Spectre
B) Nite Owl
C) Rorschah
D) Comedian
E) Ozymandias
i think night owl would be harder to beat then rorschach.

celestialdemon
Batman would have a hard time getting past 1. No way he even gets close to clearing it.

Darth Martin
I can't see Batman beating anyone on the list.

Silk Spectre seemed equal to Night Owl. And Rorshach, while not as strict of a martial artist as those two, doesn't make him any less of a fighter. Comedian was out of costume when he punched through those concrete walls. He was in a freaking bath robe! He has his gear here along with his guns. Same goes for Nite Owl who just might shred Batman with his laser. I won't even comment on Ozymandias.

Scythe
Batman barely manages to knock out Silk Spectre II, but fails at all the rest. Benny watches from afar and makes short, raping time of all of them.

Darth Martin
Nah, I don't even think he can beat Laurie.

Dr Will Hatch
I rewatched both. I'm still not convinced Batman could lose with prep time.

Darth Martin
He's not that impressive, Fox does most of his stuff.

Scythe
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Nah, I don't even think he can beat Laurie.

Yeah I know what you mean, she was quite powerful.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Darth Martin
He's not that impressive, Fox does most of his stuff. Bats learns quick. He applied the sonar concept on a massive scale in a short amount of time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.