Deadpool ruined!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
He has no costume in the movie, but who cares? He shoots lasers out of his eyes, aw the heck with that. He has blades coming out of his arms as his weapon, all that I can live with BUT OMFG he's @#!%ing MUTE in the movie!!! Thats worse than if they've made Wolverine into a ballerina! Seriously! What WERE THEY THINKING??!!!

StiltmanFTW
I think we all know this movie is going to suck.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed. Question is, will it be even more of a disaster than X3: The Last Stand? haermm Either way, I suppose the making of this movie was inherited from the failness of X3 itself. The first two were all right, but now the X-Men movie series is goin' downhill more and more, to the point it may eventually obtain a Batman & Robin style of rot.

And lol @ the Wolverine ballerina comment. I laughed kinda hard when I tried to imagine it.

Shadow_King
how do you know deadpool is mute in the movie?

SamZED
Merc with the mouth has no mouth...

Shadow_King
well after looking at this picture:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8150

it looks like he does.

SamZED
He doesn't later.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0LhEeWdzFN8/SbEsWl8w2gI/AAAAAAAAA3E/Vlw5WpR99F4/s1600-h/Screenshot1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0LhEeWdzFN8/SbEsVxcZZmI/AAAAAAAAA2s/GRLJ7fZXli4/s1600-h/Screenshot4.jpg

jinzin
That's wierd... Well he has a mouth before that and some good lines already. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Shadow_King
Originally posted by SamZED
He doesn't later.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0LhEeWdzFN8/SbEsWl8w2gI/AAAAAAAAA3E/Vlw5WpR99F4/s1600-h/Screenshot1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0LhEeWdzFN8/SbEsVxcZZmI/AAAAAAAAA2s/GRLJ7fZXli4/s1600-h/Screenshot4.jpg

But are you 100% sure that is deadpool, for all you know that could be WeaponXI

SamZED
Well, that box with actionfigures says "Logan, motorcycle, Deadpool, Victor Creed" so yeah i'm pretty sure. But if it turns out that it is not him and I was wrong feel free to say "Told ya!" as many times as you want, it'd only make me happy...

Shadow_King
And if i am wrong you can say the same to me, But i believe as bad as this movie is looking so far, i do not believe they messed up deadpools character so much that they gave him the ability to project optic blasts, have no mouth and allow him to have knives coming out of his wrist.

SamZED
If you are wrong and that really is deadpool im not gonna say "told ya!" 'cause id be too busy crying somewhere in a basement...

Mindset
I don't think that is Deadpool.

Mindset
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I think we all know this movie is going to suck. It will be the greatest movie ever made, you shut your whore mouth.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by SamZED
He has no costume in the movie, but who cares? He shoots lasers out of his eyes, aw the heck with that. He has blades coming out of his arms as his weapon, all that I can live with BUT OMFG he's @#!%ing MUTE in the movie!!! Thats worse than if they've made Wolverine into a ballerina! Seriously! What WERE THEY THINKING??!!!

actually i have seen a trailer on Marvel.com where he asks sabertooth if he needs a nail file.....

Placidity
Well, he is probably going to turn gay only after the transgender operation near the end. I'm sure we'll see plenty of normal deadpool.

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
actually i have seen a trailer on Marvel.com where he asks sabertooth if he needs a nail file.....

"Manicure?" - Deadpool to Creed

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Placidity
Well, he is probably going to turn gay only after the transgender operation near the end. I'm sure we'll see plenty of normal deadpool.

"Manicure?" - Deadpool to Creed

yea that's it and im hopeing that picture isn't him at all...but idk

rox
thats weapon xi. since he has no comic appearance this will be his first

Tommy Jarvis
Nothing I've seen about this movie from trailers and pics shows that it'll suck. In fact, it'll likely be the best movie out of the whole X-Men series.

Kazenji
Its not Deadpool its actually Baraka.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Tommy Jarvis
Nothing I've seen about this movie from trailers and pics shows that it'll suck. In fact, it'll likely be the best movie out of the whole X-Men series.
I really doubt it'll beat the first movie, let alone X2: United.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by rox
I think he does have an apearences in comics but he nothing like that.

SamZED
Isn't Daken Weapon XI??

Mairuzu
yea, thats not dead pool

the.kenzo
Originally posted by Battlehammer

No, he's never appeared anywhere else before this movie.

rox

john sublime talks about him and thats it that i know of

Quincy
haha that isn't deadpool! Hahahahahahaha!

I find this hilarious!

Battlehammer
yes he has weapon 11 is kane.........

Darth Jello
Weapon XI...as far as I know that could be either Daken or X-23. Although, if you go back to an old Marvel Comics Presents... story, Weapon XI could have been Mary Mezinis currently known as Mutant Zero.

Battlehammer
It Kane I am pritty sure. He was the next weapon after wolverine

Darth Jello
Actually in the comics he was part of Weapon X's 2nd installment which involved using cybernetics and genetic engineering to enhance baseline humans, the other test subjects being Deadpool, Sluggo, Slayback, and Ajax.
Weapon XI hasn't been touched on much but I think it can be inferred that at least part of it involved cloning Wolverine (X-23) and creating a warrior that could kill Wolverine (his own son, Daken) and possibly Mutant Zero which I think would be better discussion in another thread.

Battlehammer
technically kane would be weapon eleven

srankmissingnin
Kane is Weapon X II.

Wolverine read the Department H / Weapon X files detailing all the subjects up to - at the very least - Weapon 13. If Laura or Daken where designated a Weapon X number Wolverine would have know about thier existance before he did, and keep in mind that while they both have lose ties to Weapon X (through Wolverine or Romulos) neither of the had an direct connection with the Weapon X Program or Department H.

Battlehammer
yes, but he happen dirrectly after wolverine, so techinically he the eleventh weapon , even though they call him weapon x or ten.

dident he read up untill weapon 15.

wait a sec, what weapon is nuke

srankmissingnin
Weapon X (Wolverine) was the tenth experiment in the Weapon Plus program. The team behind Kane and Deadpool had severed ties with the Weapon Plus Program and was just a second iteration of the Weapon X team, not the larger Weapon Plus Program, hence Kane is Weapon X II, not Weapon 11.

And Nuke is Weapon 7.

Battlehammer
oh ok, but wait dident they create nuke as an attempt to recreat wolverine?

srankmissingnin
oh ok, but wait dident they create nuke as an attempt to recreat wolverine?

No Nuke was created before Team X went AWOL and was captured by the Weapon Plus Program for the Weapon X experiments.

StiltmanFTW
I'm a bit confused, so what did Logan mean here? Could you clear this up, srank?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/940/wolverineorigins04page1.th.jpg

Battlehammer
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
No Nuke was created before Team X went AWOL and was captured by the Weapon Plus Program for the Weapon X experiments.
origins reconnt that

srankmissingnin
I'm a bit confused, so what did Logan mean here? Could you clear this up, srank?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/940/wolverineorigins04page1.th.jpg

Logan's involvement was basically to brain wash Nuke and turn him into a mindless killing machine who could be controlled by whoever happened to be holding the strings, which is pretty much what Wolverine was at the time. I imagine that's what he meant.

StiltmanFTW
Logan's involvement was basically to brain wash Nuke and turn him into a mindless killing machine who could be controlled by whoever happened to be holding the strings, which is pretty much what Wolverine was at the time. I imagine that's what he meant.

I see, I see. Makes sense, it's been a long time since I read that issue.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine wasn't Weapon X until the Team X when AWOL, and was captured and experimented on. At which pointed Wolverine tore apart the facility and escaped. He never did any work for Department K, the Weapon Plus Program, or the Weapon X program as Weapon X... after he escaped he did do military and black opts work under that moniker for the Canadian Military and coincidental Department H. If Wolverine was working for the Weapon Plus Program when he tortured Nuke, then he wasn't Weapon X yet and experimenting on Nuke couldn't be an attempt to recreated Weapon X... since it didn't exist.

Toku King
Originally posted by rox

What's the point of making a comic book adaption if you just make up the characters?

srankmissingnin
Ryan Renyolds talks about Deadpool a bit.

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/034/034461/vids_1.html

SpaceMonkey
OK.... straight from Reynold's mouth. Here is the closure.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/03/17/exclusive-ryan-reynolds-on-deadpool-mystery-mutant-in-wolverine-movie-trailer-thats-me/

Placidity
Oh u soab.

SpaceMonkey
I'm sorry....? Should I have not posted that?

rox
Originally posted by Toku King
What's the point of making a comic book adaption if you just make up the characters?

beats me

Mindset
I don't care, that's not Deadpool, you can quote me on that.

SamZED
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan just isn't telling the truth, the thing is this interview kinda controdicts what he said earlier.

Kazenji
Which was ?

SamZED
He said that Wade Wilson is going to be "pretty mouthy" which is the "primary character trade" that he "carries forth with Deadpool"

srankmissingnin
More on the Nuke / Wolverine thing. There is a Wolverine time-line in Wolverine: Inside the World of the Living Weapon, that lists the year that Wolverine tortures Frank and helps turn him into Nuke as 1968. This is listed in the timeline as post Team X but pre Weapon X. What is interesting is that Wolverine was still carrying out missions for Romulus and receiving memory whipes in between the time he went AWOL from Team X and the time he was abducted by Weapon X.

Also something to think about, this means that sometime after the 70s was bonded with Adamantium, escaped the Weapon X facility, lived in the wild for an unknown amount of time before he found by the Hudsons "re-humanized" and serviced in the military for an extensive and legendary career. Comic timeline-wise this give ANAD X-Men roster maybe 10 years of service since their first mission.

niduin
Ryan Renyolds talks about Deadpool a bit.

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/034/034461/vids_1.html i hope what he says at the end happens that would be awesome

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
OK.... straight from Reynold's mouth. Here is the closure.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/03/17/exclusive-ryan-reynolds-on-deadpool-mystery-mutant-in-wolverine-movie-trailer-that's-me/ LAME!!! oh if that ends up being true while i watch the movie i will throw whatever i can at the projector, weather its the chair next to me or the huge bag of pennies that i happen to have with me at the time, then i would continue to riot and loot until the entire town is in chaos and they have to bring in the national guard to take us out, but we would be so united in the cause of making sure marvels name is untainted (any further) that they wouldn't be able to stop us, then that all that's left to do is nuke the entire city, then the world would know that a city in Utah was destroyed with thousands of casualties because of the atrocities caused by the making of this film

Mindset
I just called Ryan, Mr. Reynolds to you guys, he told me it was all an elaborate joke.

niduin
oh good, im glad we have someone in contact with the cast of the movie confused

KingD19
Tell me, would people in Atlanta be able to be affected by nuclear fallout from Utah?

niduin
LOL maybe, but it depends on the size of the warhead, but if they are just nuking one city probably not

niduin
........... i just watched the trailer with deadpool in it and he had the optic blasts, oh i hope this is just a hoax cuz if it isnt (in light of the newest info) not even a nuke would stop my anger

niduin
i am littereally about to cry this is so depressing, and this movie looked so promising. so on may 1st if you havent seen the movie and you hear on the news that there is some crazy guy in the middle of the rubble that was orem utah that somehow survived a nuke you'll know that is indead deadpool in the movie

niduin
im so sorry for posting a billion times but i just read an article http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/03/05/x-men-origins-wolverine-movie-trailer-has-a-new-mutant-but-who-is-he-deadpool-weapon-xi/ that gives me hope

Mindset
Originally posted by niduin
oh good, im glad we have someone in contact with the cast of the movie confused Your sarcasm isn't appreciated.

niduin
wasnt meant to offend, i was upset, im sorry.

Nighty101
Personally I don't know why everyone likes deadpool so much. I think with the lasers and the knives stickin out of his arms he is just a Spyke and Cyclops remake.... with a weird gunlike thing and retarted costume.

Mindset
Originally posted by Nighty101
Personally I don't know why everyone likes deadpool so much. I think with the lasers and the knives stickin out of his arms he is just a Spyke and Cyclops remake.... with a weird gunlike thing and retarted costume. facepalm

Darth Jello
Just saw the leaked work print of the film Wade/Deadpool is Weapon XI and he is decapitated in the film. The brief time he does speak actually is pretty damn faithful to the comics and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a sequel. keeping in mind that in the comics, wade has a better healing factor than anyone, is immortal, and has regenerated from nothing but a severed hand, I think he may still be in a sequel/spinoff.

Nighty101
what? He sux worse than all of the female remakes! Logan makes a comment on that--
Wolverine: ...NIGHTCRAWLER? Looks like you finally got that OPERATION huh?
Nocturne: No. I'm NOCTURNE... Nightcrawler and the Scarlet Witch's daughter from an ALTERNATE REALITY.
Wolverine: ... Uh-huh. Man, I'm so SICK of female knockoffs of established characters who--
X-23: Hey, can I borrow the car?
Wolverine: ... I gotta remember to stop leaving my DNA layin' around.
lmao

Darth Jello
all in all, I'd say he's about as "ruined" as the penguin in batman returns.

Quincy
That is so lame.

Darth Jello
meh, he still has the funniest lines in the movie.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
facepalm

Seconded.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4668/capfacepalm.jpg

Darth Jello
Well anyway, the way he was handled, they can still make a spin-off and not have any of the Weapon XI powers other than the eye beams and the healing factor.

Nighty101
Seconded.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4668/capfacepalm.jpg

lmao it is the truth. What is so special about Deadpool anyway? Does he have a sense of humor or something? Is he the star of Marvel? What? I don't even GET the plot of this guy? He is just ... a blank page. Most marvel characters (even the ones as dumb as spider man) actually have a personality. I see nothing in this guy. And don't just slap your forheads (THAT GOES FOR YOU EFFIN CAPTAIN AMERICA) I want an answer!!!

Mindset
It would help if you read a Deadpool comic.

niduin
he is just hilarious thats all, and if you dont like him oh well dont try and ruin it for the rest of us

LDHZenkai
Hopefully I'll watch this tomorrow and be able to see if it really sucks. It looked good in previews!

Kazenji
How did you manage to get the final product..............you work at FOX ?

Mindset
Originally posted by Kazenji
How did you manage to get the final product..............you work at FOX ? it was leaked

Kazenji
So whats the final word on deadpool then

Have they truly changed him ?

niduin
the final word is that deadpool is the merc with no mouth, and baraca blades, laser eyes, teleportation, and is controlled by a computer

The Nuul
Originally posted by niduin
the final word is that deadpool is the merc with no mouth, and baraca blades, laser eyes, teleportation, and is controlled by a computer

We can all blame Fox.

This DP sucks.

Now they have to recon this for his movie just to make him right.

niduin
agreed

Mindset
Ryan Reynolds was in about 10 minutes of the movie, maybe less.

But supposedly he will be in more in the final cut.

Quincy
I don't get this.

mhmm

It's so bizarre, so radically different than Deadpool should be, it almost seems obvious that it's all fake.

Mindset
Originally posted by Quincy
I don't get this.

mhmm

It's so bizarre, so radically different than Deadpool should be, it almost seems obvious that it's all fake. The movie has already been leaked, it is him.

No need to guess anymore.

Darth Jello
They don't have to retcon anything. Deadpool doesn't have a healing factor per se, deadpool is immortal and has regenerated from a mutilated hand before. If I wanted to make a deadpool spinoff that was close to the comics all I would do is start the movie off by showing the reactor rubble from wolverine and a partially melted severed hand (with middle finger extended) reform into the deformed deadpool we all know and love with the rational for the lack of powers being that most of that shit involved grafts and implants, keeping his old powers of agility, the healing factor, and the teleporting and the rational for the deformity being a watchmen reference/parody in that he's not as smart as Dr. Manhattan so he can't exactly put himself back together the right way. Cut to the next scene of deadpool in full outfit swinging from rooftops on grappling cables while singing danny elfman's spiderman theme to himself and discussing how superhero films have gotten corny, that he knows he's in one, and why Fox had to make him so twisted in the last film. Tada, movie salvaged.

KingD19
Deadpool can't teleport, it's a device he uses.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Darth Jello
They don't have to retcon anything. Deadpool doesn't have a healing factor per se, .
umm what? he does have a healing factor

Darth Jello
I know he can't teleport in the comics but whatever, it saves exposition time, and i meant per se because yes, he can heal real fast but regenerating from a severed body part after the rest of his body has been destroyed makes healing an understatement.

ThaJadeMenace
He is Immortal isnt he? So being blown up and such, then forming back out of a severed arm would be understandable

Wei Phoenix
Huge gay ass spoilers.

So my friend who watched the leaked movie says that DP loses his mouth because Stryker says he would be the perfect soldier if he learned to shut up. They turn him into some robot thingy who has everyone's powers including Emma's diamond form, Scott's eyebeams, Will I Am's teleportation and some other powers from kidnapped mutants. Sabertooth and Wolverine are half brothers too. Wolverine loses his memory via adamantium bullet to the brain.

jalek moye
that shit is retarted

Wei Phoenix
Wolverine also moved the Blob.

jalek moye
.......Damn Fox

Wei Phoenix
Emma and Silver Fox are sisters.

jalek moye
i heard about that shit already

they blantly just ignore the source material

Scarlet Fox
yeah this is going to suck.

Ill still watch it of course

jalek moye
i'll watch it. but i won't enjoy it

Mindset
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Huge gay ass spoilers.

So my friend who watched the leaked movie says that DP loses his mouth because Stryker says he would be the perfect soldier if he learned to shut up. They turn him into some robot thingy who has everyone's powers including Emma's diamond form, Scott's eyebeams, Will I Am's teleportation and some other powers from kidnapped mutants. Sabertooth and Wolverine are half brothers too. Wolverine loses his memory via adamantium bullet to the brain. He doesn't have Emma's power as far as I remember.

Scarlet Fox
Originally posted by jalek moye
i'll watch it. but i won't enjoy it
oh shut up. you will so enjoy it.

jalek moye
nope i'll hate it. It will be a blasphemous wolverine wank fest

The Nuul
Yup DP sucks bad.

The Nuul
This movie sucks, Its worse that X3.

Everything is so wrong about this movie.

The music is cool.

Mindset
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
oh shut up. you will so enjoy it. I doubt that.

Nighty101
lolololololol ok I read a bit.... he is a little funny i guess.... but as far as hero quality humor isn't everything ya know. But it is funny how he acknoledges that he is a comic book character every once in a while.
Deadpool thinks: Do I still think in those little yellow boxes?
Deadpool says: I'm Good.
Deadpool thinks: Ooooh I missed you little yellow boxes. What fun we shall have together.
lol

jalek moye
lolololololol ok I read a bit.... he is a little funny i guess.... but as far as hero quality humor isn't everything ya know. But it is funny how he acknoledges that he is a comic book character every once in a while.
Deadpool thinks: Do I still think in those little yellow boxes?
Deadpool says: I'm Good.
Deadpool thinks: Ooooh I missed you little yellow boxes. What fun we shall have together.
lol
thats the thing hes not a hero

hes a mercenary

niduin
my favorite is when he is in the jungle and he is like

Dp: The Bolivian Jungle.
Steamy. Rank. More humid than a church pew on sunday. And quiet...so deathly quiet.
soldier: Sir? i think i hear him. I..I think he's talking...?
Dp: Duh! Its called NARRATION, you ignorant simp. A literaty device that allos one to establish tone, exposit information, and in a pinch, its a lively way to distract a pack of feebs like yourselves

KingD19
Well, depending on whose paying them at the moment, a mercenary can be a hero.

niduin
yeah but the way they do the job defines them more. and if he cares, and how much he enjoys fighting and such

Nighty101
Originally posted by jalek moye
thats the thing hes not a hero

hes a mercenary

I know he was from the weapon X program.... But doesn't he TURN into a hero? Or did I read the wrong fan fic...

Wei Phoenix
I know he was from the weapon X program.... But doesn't he TURN into a hero? Or did I read the wrong fan fic...

All fan fics are wrong. He works for who pays him. Most of the time he is doing good deeds, but not for the right reasons which is why he isn't a hero.

Mindset
Well, actually he was becoming a hero of sorts after his time with Cable, I guess they ditched that idea.

StiltmanFTW
Deadpool is an anti-hero.

Wei Phoenix
Deadpool is an anti-hero.

Mindset
Which is a hero of sorts. awesome

Darth Jello
He sincerely tried to get out of being a mercenary and into heroics because he wanted to put it into siryn's butt. He kind of did that for LL&L but still did mercenary work while still being heroic, it's the reason (along with sabretooth killing copycat) why he got out of Weapon X despite them restoring his good looks and turning him into the immortal he is now (along with some help from Thanos).

Nighty101
so wat your all saying is that he sorta like Magneto in the way that he can be a super hero on rare ocasions but at the same time can be against them??? Basically an anti-hero like magneto... but cooler?

srankmissingnin
He is a morally ambiguous character who operates in a grey area, making decisions on a whim with little rhyme or reason and comes to conclusions that only make sense to himself. Magneto has a goal and a dream that is greater than himself (and his ideology has been pretty much been proved right / justified in the last couple of years), while Deadpool is a self serving lunatic, who can switches between being a hero, anti-hero and villian depending on his mood.

Darth Jello
Yeah, most of Deadpool's motivation comes from making a living, pursuing bizarre pop culture obsessions, one-upping Bullseye, and feeding his unhealthy obsessions with various women (some of whom have restraining orders against him) with a particular fixation (maybe even a healthy one) with Siryn.

-K-M-
Marvel Legends Deadpool:Origins toy

http://marvellegends.net/charPage.php?S=WO02&C=Deadpool&V=0

Wei Phoenix
so wat your all saying is that he sorta like Magneto in the way that he can be a super hero on rare ocasions but at the same time can be against them??? Basically an anti-hero like magneto... but cooler?

Deadpool will never be as bad ass as Magneto.

Juk3n

Blasphemer! mad

Mairuzu
Deadpool will never be as bad ass as Magneto. And if the magneto movie goes through, it shall be better.

Edit: It better be better.

steverules_2
I saw the wolverine movie and yeah deadpool sucks, they really ruined his character

niduin
Originally posted by Juk3n
Blasphemer! mad ditto mad

Ridley_Prime
And Apocalypse? huh

Nighty101
Originally posted by Juk3n
Blasphemer! mad

secondly dittoed my man mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.