Homework? Nah Thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG

Dr Will Hatch
What do people expect really? I know this sounds irresponsible, but I don't think education should be compulsory.

lil bitchiness

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
About 8 thousand GBP, to get 1:1 for Social sciences on undergraduate level.

????

GCG
Most Text books I had always explained 'how to get to the final result' when the text book is read.

Its not like Boukris found anything original.

Second point: Spoonfeeding every method is conditioning the student that unless someone helps, the student wont get the answer with in depth contemplation. (Makes Sense?)

dadudemon
This part in particular tickles me:

'"It turns them into consumers. The message is that for the right price you can get the results you want. It's nonsense," she said.'

How dare someone bring the real world of business to school?!!?!!??! laughing

I am sick and tired of the bullshit homework assignments that don't teach me jack shit...but only serve as a time consuming chore to just jump through a professors loop to get a piece of paper that says you jumped through some professors loops.

Almost every last homework assignment I have done has been a total and utter waste of time that didn't serve to teach me anything. I feel like 95% of all time I spend on college courses is complete waste and 5% is useful.

However, this is the system setup that they want us to learn.

I could learn, on my own, it one month, what it takes to learn in 2 semesters WITHOUT that bullshit homework and tests with questions that only serve to inflate a professors ego. You people may read that and say, "bullshit, he couldn't do that in a month."

I say, bullshit on you for being a dumbass. I can do it and have done it. "eduction" is largely NOT education...it's jumping through loops to satisfy someone enough to get a piece of paper.

Jack Daniels
I SO FRIGGIN AGREE!!!!
edit: sorry I forgot to quote
I could learn, on my own, it one month, what it takes to learn in 2 semesters WITHOUT that bullshit
I AGREE

dadudemon
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
I SO FRIGGIN AGREE!!!!

Thanks man.

cry

Jack Daniels

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
????

What?

Jack Daniels
just drinking I guess I was thinking in my head that was like 12 -13 grand over here...anyway Ill shut up...havent been trading in years

GCG
We end up studying and doing home-works, just so at the end of a period we sit and 'get qualified' according to what we are examined. I agree, BS with this site and the society's need to have us qualified according to their own rules.

I feel we are being grown into tools playing a ball game we don't really want.

Why study? To get qualifications Yes?
Why get qualified? To get a Job?
Why Job? To Get Money Yes?

In my experience, I first got a job in a position, then was sent over to do a course that qualified me in that post. Tutors had me rewrite things about half a dozen times, in order to match what the course teaches, but quite frankly, i failed to adapt what was in writing to experience........BECAUSE THINGS don't SIMPLY WORK OUT LIKE THAT.

The course i did wasn't a great deal. Just because it thought me how to make a living, I didn't feel it thought me how to make a life.

One radical of this nonsense is my brother , fully qualified as a business analyst with a moderate wallet, but has no life at all. Doesn't go out, just drives to work, back home and work again. Not even the weekend and never had a girlfriend consumed by the appetite of knowledge, that the Bank uses to favour. So he has knowledge, and makes a living without a life ?

The end justifies the means, but is there is more in the means to justify such an end?

AHHH ; my pointless rambling at 10.30 am. Excuse me but I'm pissed off, irrelevant of the relevancy of this thread. Now that i reread it I feel I'm really being a stroppy ill-happy mard.

jaden101

inimalist
given how rampant plagiarism is at all levels of education, I really don't see the issue.

Like lil'b said, at least this is original work

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
given how rampant plagiarism is at all levels of education, I really don't see the issue.

Because this would validate cheating.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Cheating is an extremely useful skill.

Anyways, the awarding institutions just need to evaluate in a more personal way, or, as they already say, you'll fail sooner or later, cause the website can't help you in an exam.

I am wondering though, lil b, what does the 1:1 and 2:2 mean in your post?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Bardock42

Anyways, the awarding institutions just need to evaluate in a more personal way, or, as they already say, you'll fail sooner or later, cause the website can't help you in an exam.

Cheating is more the absence of skills if anything.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Cheating is more the absence of skills if anything. Well, cheating is really just an act. The ability can be a skill though.

Eric Cartmenez said it best.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Cheating is more the absence of skills if anything.

Successful academic cheating, however, is the employment of intelligence through processes to circumvent having to provide information, actions, etc. during an exam or other form of measured ability.

Being able to accomplish this "cheating" is a very intelligent skill. It is similar to hacking. It is literally hacking the set of rules in an academic assessment.

Cheating is cheating, though. I do not like it. Bitches could get better grades than me if they cheat. We can't be having that, now can we? big grin

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42

The way it is measured how good your degree is.

1:1 - First Class Honours
2:1 - Upper Second Class
2:2 - Lower Second Class
3 - Ordinary degree without honours
Fail

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by GCG
The message is that for the right price you can get the results you want. It's nonsense," she said.

This is how life really works.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The way it is measured how good your degree is.

1:1 - First Class Honours
2:1 - Upper Second Class
2:2 - Lower Second Class
3 - Ordinary degree without honours
Fail Oh, I see. Thanks.

inimalist

my understanding is that such validation is already occuring

tvaughan
well it was the real fact.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
my understanding is that such validation is already occuring

How so?

inimalist
How so?

I have no direct experience with it, but people in my lab have graded papers, and I have a good rapport with most of my profs, so I have talked to them.

The penalty for plagiarism does not, in my limited experience at a single university, outweigh the benefit of cheating.

If it were my institution we'd bring back the pillories and chase plagiarists with torches

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.