galen marek runs a Force gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

onewiththeforce
setting Theed palace hanger
full rest between matches no cheap kills

1. jerec
2. kreia
3. mace
4. dooku
5. yoda
6. Darth Sidious
7. Darth Bane with or without armor your call
8. Darth Sidious DE
9. Darth Caedus
10. LotF Luke

Red Nemesis
Loss @ mace. I hope.

Darth Sexy
I'd go with Yoda

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I'd go with Yoda

Vengeful Koala
What does "no cheap kills" mean? That sounds like something people who suck at SSB say.

mattatom
Originally posted by Vengeful Koala
What does "no cheap kills" mean? That sounds like something people who suck at SSB say.

Not pulling a Star Destroyer out of the sky and through the roof of the hangar?

Vengeful Koala
He'd have to be a god to pull that off without getting bisected.

mattatom
He'd have to be a god to pull that off without getting bisected.

How bout throwing Naboo Starfighters at the fighters, does that count as a cheap kill?

Vengeful Koala
I don't know if you're asking me because you have something in mind that would qualify as a cheap kill or if you're asking me because you think I know what would qualify as a cheap kill.

I have no idea. I think the concept is laughable in a versus forum.

Darth Exodus
Could lose to any of these, but I'm leaning towards him beating Yoda.

onewiththeforce
ceap kills meaning insta kill force storm things like the

Red Nemesis
I don't know if you're asking me because you have something in mind that would qualify as a cheap kill or if you're asking me because you think I know what would qualify as a cheap kill.

I have no idea. I think the concept is laughable in a versus forum.

God damnit faunus, make up your mind. Pick a team and stick with it. (see what I did there?) Srsly.

(Lovin the new name. It'll wreak havoc on the newbz, mostly because I refuse to change what I call people. Also, I thought you were neb for a sec.)

JediOrion
First of all, what the hell does "no cheap kills" mean? I, like everyone else, am so utterly confused by it that I will simply ignore it.

Secondly, let's see how Starkiller fares here:

1.) Sorry, I have no idea who Jerec is...

2.) Win. Starkiller could take Kreia down any day, without even a challenge. Come on; the best she can do is cackle and call up a couple of floating lightsabers!

3.) Lose. Starkiller might be a brutish trained killer, but he is no match for Mace's skill and efficiency.

4.) Win, but it would be quite an ordeal.

5.) Lose, miserably and humourously to the little green dude.

6.) Lose, miserably and humourously to the old wrinkly dude.

7.) Lose, miserably and humourously to the awesome dude. (What's with everyone including Darth Bane in their gauntlets, anyway? What's so great about him?)

8.) Sorry, I have no idea what "DE" means...

9.) Lose, miserably and humourously to the godlike Sith Lord. At least, according to LOTF standards. In any other circumstances, Starkiller would slash him down without a second thought.

10.) Lose, miserably and humourously to the godlike Jedi Master. But, once again, LOTF is not all that accurate. Once again, if The Unifying Force and all that came after it hadn't made Luke into a sort of god, then Starkiller would have at least a chance with him.

So there you go: Starkiller takes down Kreia and Dooku, but fails miserably against everyone else who is considerably more powerful than him (not counting Jerec and "Sidious DE".)

Kodiak
Loses to Mace. If not, than he loses to Yoda.

Eminence
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
God damnit faunus, make up your mind. Pick a team and stick with it. (see what I did there?) Srsly....

I thought Neb was me once, when he socked as "Faunus."

Darth Exodus
.... This is a Force only gauntlet. Try reading the OP next time. And Bane is put in gauntlets because he's pretty much either the second or third strongest Sith ever. QED

Btw, I didn't notice Kreia in there, her instant-kill spells doom for SK (or the fact that she overpowers 3 masters if that be the case)

mattatom
Originally posted by onewiththeforce
ceap kills meaning insta kill force storm things like the
I'm sorry wha?

Although Force Storm is just lightning (I believe) so how that qualifies as a cheap kill I have no idea, (Can anyone gauge how powerful his lightning is?( since Yoda does block Dooku's)). Also is this Bane with or without the orbalisks?

onewiththeforce
force storm is also a vortex that acts like a blackhole

Red Nemesis
I had the same problem. This link might help clear things up. Apparently, DE Palpatine was pretty boss.

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I had the same problem. This link might help clear things up. Apparently, DE Palpatine was pretty boss.

Thanks for that, KoTOR Decieved us all!
Well sort of anyway, that is one nice technique though.

Gideon
Marek wins with moderate difficulty. He is undoubtably stronger, but Jerec was an extremely powerful dark Jedi who outranked the likes of Kadann and Sedriss in the Empire and it was heavily implied that he would have been the Emperor's next choice for an apprentice out of his cadre of adepts. And, as I recall, he could also separate Jedi from the Force or disable them with bursts of dark side energy -- Qu Rahn being the precedent.

This depends strongly on whether or not Kreia's Force drain would work on Marek.

Marek wins with, perhaps, moderate difficulty. Windu's true threat lay in his ability to wield a lightsaber, not the Force.

Marek wins with moderate to high difficulty. Count Dooku is regarded by various sources to rank among the most powerful Jedi Masters ever, and is "an even greater" Sith Lord. He's also an extremely accomplished master of telekinesis, though his raw power isn't on par with Marek's.

He loses. He's no match for Yoda's greater strength and command of the Force.

"...but ultimately, was no match for the power of Darth Sidious" -- official databank and Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. He dies.

Marek wins. His raw strength is easily as great as anything Bane has done, and TFU's novelization reveals he could have destroyed Kazdan Paratus's Jedi Temple with "one push."

Marek dies quickly.

His raw strength exceeds Caedus's, but the Sith Lord knows far more techniques and is quite powerful himself. It could go either way.

Luke wins with, perhaps, moderate difficulty.

Darth Truculent
Um - are you forgetting this is the guy who beat Vader? In terms of raw Force potential, Marek was stronger than Caedus and if fully trained he would have been nearly unstoppable. The only one would be Luke. If Sidious faced a fully trained Galen Marek, the outcome probably would have been different. We have to remember, Galen Marek really had barely began his Jedi training.

mattatom
However Truculent he didn't did he? No one knows exactly how powerful Marek would of been if he'd finished his Jedi training. Therefore we have to work with the Marek we know with the training he has, I accept the outcome may of been different but were not working with 'What if's' here we work with what we know.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Um - are you forgetting this is the guy who beat Vader?
No.

Originally posted by Darth Truculent

In terms of raw Force potential, Marek was stronger than Caedus and if fully trained he would have been nearly unstoppable. The only one would be Luke. If Sidious faced a fully trained Galen Marek, the outcome probably would have been different. We have to remember, Galen Marek really had barely began his Jedi training.

NO ONE CARES!

Darth Exodus
I care. omg_smilie

JediOrion
Sorry, I'll be more careful to read the OP in the future. I withdraw my post and will reconsider.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.