How did the “Poor Law” became a poor law for the poor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coberst

Jack Daniels
hmm admirality laws in the U.S. is what this thread made me think back on

Deja~vu
www.findlaw.com

The American system originally came from England. Also the American system takes in account for Federal, State statutes along with Common law (European) It also bases laws upon Case law, which is wishy washy depending on what state you are from along with Ordnance's. The laws changes with the times, (many times daily) yet there still are some old laws on the books which are mostly ignored unless challenged.

In short laws change everyday and a person needs to look at the "Precedent" to figure out what is new and then research..i.e. "Shepherding cases" to see what was over turned.

Deja~vu
BTW, a Precedent only means that if you are looking for a law that would suit your case, then don't look at the trial courts (bottom courts) . They are not important. Look at the Appeals court and above. The Supreme Court is your best field though, but don't base decisions on trial courts...the bottom courts and do look into Case Law in your division or Circuit. A Circuit is a division of the states that are mostly in accordance. I believe that there are 6 or 9 here in the U.S.

Look at the Appeals Courts or higher.

A precedent means that it carries much worth. Trial courts dont, only because they are over turned and are the first court....lowest court..

Jack Daniels
u can still use em though????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.