Who can Galactus beat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UKR
Assuming the following features are in place:
1. This is classic, Silver Age Galactus.
2. He is sated (the fight taking place immediately after he ate a planet).
3. He is written at his most respectably, rather than as the weak steppingstone he's usually been.
4. The character is portrayed true to his original intent.

Who can this non-jobber Galactus beat?

Mindset
Cyclops

Mekrob
Superman Blue

jinXed by JaNx
Jubilee
Wasp

D_Dude1210
Punisher
Green Goblin

Mindset
Nightwing

Enyalus
Not Darkseid.

Priest
Wonder Woman.

Mindset
Punisher

Priest
Wolverine.

Mekrob
The Riddler
Bane

Mindset
Green Arrow

Mekrob
Elektra

Priest
Blade.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mekrob
The Riddler
Bane
Yes.
Originally posted by Priest
Wonder Woman.

No.

Woman, remember?

Mekrob
Mysterio

Mindset
Taskmaster

Mekrob
Puck

Priest
Originally posted by Enyalus

No. Woman, remember?
Originally posted by UKR
Dr. Octopus

Mindset
Angel

Priest
Forge

Mekrob
Wildcat

Enyalus
Any of the Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_ARBBH01Nguyencov.jpg

Priest
Sabertooth

Mekrob
Sue Dibney

Priest
Catwoman.

Mindset
Omega Red

psycho gundam
gabrial gonzaga.

Priest
Shocker.

Mindset
The Presence/GEB

Priest
Ken Masters

Mindset
Ken Masters You've gone too far.

Mekrob
Phallus Man

Enyalus
Phallus Man

Tell me there's not actually such a character...

Priest
Originally posted by Mindset
You've gone too far.
Sagat erm

Mindset
That's better

D_Dude1210
Gouki

Knowsbleed33
The Presence/GEB

YOU'VE gone too far! DC>Marvel.

Shame, shame.

Mekrob
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
YOU'VE gone too far! DC>Marvel.

Shame, shame. How is it possible that you came in so late, and your post pooped on the off white carpet?

occultdestroyer
Stiltman
Rhino
Pow Wow Smith

UKR
Why are people not giving real answers to my thread?

Grinning Goku
Everyone except The Sentry.

Placidity
Wolverine.

No.

GalacticStorm
Galactus can comfortably beat anyone below the likes of the Stranger and Inbetweener. Someone on Inbetweeners level would prove a good test of Galactus' power but he would have the upper hand and eventually win. Galactus isnt beating the most powerful Celestials and anyone above them such as the Abstracts, Phoenix Force or LT.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Galactus can comfortably beat anyone below the likes of the Stranger and Inbetweener. Someone on Inbetweeners level would prove a good test of Galactus' power but he would have the upper hand and eventually win. Galactus isnt beating the most powerful Celestials and anyone above them such as the Abstracts, Phoenix Force or LT. offtopic => BAN HIM! mad2

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
offtopic => BAN HIM! mad2

Lol. I felt sorry for the thread starter. You lot are being mean sad

Utrigita
Originally posted by UKR
Assuming the following features are in place:
1. This is classic, Silver Age Galactus.
2. He is sated (the fight taking place immediately after he ate a planet).
3. He is written at his most respectably, rather than as the weak steppingstone he's usually been.
4. The character is portrayed true to his original intent.

1. Odin would solo him.
2. Still Silver age? Probably a stalemate with Odin.
3. He wins against Odin, Tiamut, Arishem etc (individually) basically most of the lower abstracts.
4. He doesn't fight at all.

Allankles
Galactus can comfortably beat anyone below the likes of the Stranger and Inbetweener. Someone on Inbetweeners level would prove a good test of Galactus' power but he would have the upper hand and eventually win. Galactus isnt beating the most powerful Celestials and anyone above them such as the Abstracts, Phoenix Force or LT.

Prime Galactus beats any Celestial one-on-one. And Big G is an abstract and high level one at that.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Allankles
Prime Galactus beats any Celestial one-on-one. And Big G is an abstract and high level one at that.

Galactus couldnt beat any of the higher level Celestials like Exitar. No way.

Also Galactus isnt an abstract. He doesnt embody a concept, hes a physical being.

Allankles

Also Galactus isnt an abstract. He doesnt embody a concept, hes a physical being.

I thought he embodied destruction? I think full on GAlactus beats Exitar (he's the exteminator right?). Considering the scope of the full power cosmic I don't see a single Celestial posing problems for Big G.

BlackZero30x
leech

Enyalus

Galactus is an abstract. Part of the Celestial Trinity. Representing Balance and the Cosmic Consonance...and he's actually made purely of energy. Infinite energy at that. As seen when he's killed during Galactus: The Devourer.

BlackZero30x
Galactus is an abstract. Part of the Celestial Trinity. Representing Balance and the Cosmic Consonance...and he's actually made purely of energy. Infinite energy at that. As seen when he's killed during Galactus: The Devourer.

wait he has no meat on his bones....or even bones?! messed

Enyalus
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
wait he has no meat on his bones....or even bones?! messed

Galactus takes the form of whatever race he's around. For instance in the Stormbreaker arc he appeared as a kind of homogenous blob-type thing to scare off BRB's people.

GalacticStorm

His role may be to bring balance between Death and Eternity however he doesnt embody a concept like they do. He is not an abstract. He is a humanoid transformed by the energies of creation.

The abstracts are embodiments of universal concepts. They do not possess physical bodies and they cannot be destroyed without an absence in the universe of whatever concept they are embodying. As long as there is life, there is death. As long as there is life you will have concepts such as love and hate.

Galactus embodies nothing, he just has an important role to play.

Nihilist
i thought galactus was a abstract/ embodiment of necessity.

Enyalus
His role may be to bring balance between Death and Eternity however he doesnt embody a concept like they do. He is not an abstract. He is a humanoid transformed by the energies of creation.

The abstracts are embodiments of universal concepts. They do not possess physical bodies and they cannot be destroyed without an absence in the universe of whatever concept they are embodying. As long as there is life, there is death. As long as there is life you will have concepts such as love and hate.

Galactus embodies nothing, he just has an important role to play.

I get what you're saying. Still, he's made of pure energy. And IMO he'd be able to beat any celestial save for maybe Tiamut or Exitar. Dude did give Rachel-Phoenix a helluva fight when absolutely starving, for example. And didn't he actually beat Jean?

GalacticStorm
I get what you're saying. Still, he's made of pure energy. And IMO he'd be able to beat any celestial save for maybe Tiamut or Exitar. Dude did give Rachel-Phoenix a helluva fight when absolutely starving, for example. And didn't he actually beat Jean?

Being made of energy doesnt equate to him embodying a concept. Pulsar is made of energy, is she a concept? He is a humanoid whose body is saturated with cosmic energy that his armor helps to contain. He doesnt embody anything.

Further to that point heres Maelstrom who briefly merged with Oblivion to become his avatar within reality:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6984/quasar24011.th.jpg

He makes the point here that Galactus does NOT embody anything. He just has an important role.

Galactus was stomped in that fight against Rachel. And he talked of his weakness in comparison to a being like Phoenix. He requires outside sustenance, whereas Phoenix is hooked up to an unlimited power source. So even if he had just eaten, he would eventually expend those energies and be back in the same position. Whereas a being like Phoenix can go on relentlessly.

Galactus has never beaten Jean. They fought in a What If story and she destroyed his machinery and chased him off. He made some threat about how if he stayed he would likely beat her but given that a) He ran off and b) she went on to eat that universe with him in it, i dont pay much attention to that lol.

Enyalus
You've done a good job of proving he doesn't embodying a concept, GS, and therefore wouldn't be a true abstract.

...I read the Maelstrom arc in Quasar, where he even visits Galactus and Arishem and Thanos w/ IG to gloat. That quote slipped my mind.

SoulDevourer

He requires outside sustenance, whereas Phoenix is hooked up to an unlimited power sourcethen Phoenix will be the sustenance big grin

Originally posted by Allankles
Prime Galactus beats any Celestial one-on-one. And Big G is an abstract and high level one at that. didnt Ultron call him "organic"? huh

GalacticStorm
then Phoenix will be the sustenance big grin

Shes far more powerful than him so that could never happen.

Even if it did for arguments sake, shes sentient mutable energy. She could be used as an energy source and just come out the other end just fine and continue the fight.

didnt Ultron call him "organic"? huh

Hes an organic humanoid saturated with cosmic energy. His armor keeps his power in check. He can however transform into an energy form.

SoulDevourer

Even if it did for arguments sake, shes sentient mutable energy. She could be used as an energy source and just come out the other end just fine and continue the fight. but didnt he feed on hyperstorm? and hype suppose to be cosmic (hes above omega) so maybe he can feed on PF too (and maybe hes gonna find PF tastier big grin)

GalacticStorm
but didnt he feed on hyperstorm? and hype suppose to be cosmic (hes above omega) so maybe he can feed on PF too (and maybe hes gonna find PF tastier big grin)

Hyperstorm was tapped into an unlimited power source, but the reason why Galactus was able to beat him was because Galactus operates on a higher level. Hyperstorm may have access to unlimited amounts of energy, however the amount of that energy he can output at any one time is comparatively limited, or at least less than Galactus' output levels.

On top of that Hyper might have access to an unlimited energy source however he is still human and the strength of his human body and his stamina all affect both the amount of that energy he can use and the duration he can use it for.

Galactus was more powerful therefore he overpowered Hyperion and used him as his personal energy reserve.

Hyperstorm is not Phoenix erm

TricksterPriest
I should point out that "Hyperspace" the power source for the F4 and Hyperstorm, is also the power source for Celestials.

Which leads me to believe he could eat them.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I should point out that "Hyperspace" the power source for the F4 and Hyperstorm, is also the power source for Celestials.

Which leads me to believe he could eat them.

But he could do that to Hyperstorm because he was more powerful than him. Theres no evidence to suggest the same thing about the Celestials.

Tenebrous

The Celestial comment is just your subjective opinon. List the characters Exitar (and Exitar alone) has fought close to Galactus' power.

Galactus embodies nothing, he just has an important role to play. Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Being made of energy doesnt equate to him embodying a concept. Pulsar is made of energy, is she a concept? He is a humanoid whose body is saturated with cosmic energy that his armor helps to contain. He doesnt embody anything.

Further to that point heres Maelstrom who briefly merged with Oblivion to become his avatar within reality:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6984/quasar24011.th.jpg

He makes the point here that Galactus does NOT embody anything. He just has an important role.

Not entirely a complete picture of Galactus. He merged with the Sentience of the Universe, which is the previous Eternity. Naturally, he does not embody the sum totality of existence; that's current Eternity's role. Galactus does however, represent "the metamorphosed embodiment of a cosmos." I'm at work so I don't have the proper scan with me. So he does not embody a concept in the current 616 universe. However, he does carry the previous universe's embodiment with him, as they are one and the same being. So to say he embodies nothing is not entirely accurate.

Faulty logic. Being attached to a limitless energy source doesn't equate victory. You can be a boxer with the highest stamina out of all competitors, but you get any combinations of a cross or an uppercut or hook, all the stamina in the world is not going to prevent you from collapsing. Rachael was taking shots from a severely weakened Galactus, she even acknowledged this. There's nothing to take from this aside from the fact that the PF can defeat a weakened Galactus. That's not an impressive feat. The fantastic four, avengers, alpha flight have done the same exact thing. The common plot device: Galactus was weak due to his hunger. Like it or not, those are the facts. And unlike the FF, the avengers, and Alpha Flight, who managed to drive Galactus away from consuming their worlds, the PF actually got "defeated" by Galactus dropping knowledge on her. He ate the world she was trying to prevent him from eating simply by driving her away by playing mind games with her.

why bring this up? It's a what if and is irrelevant. Galactus' tech can erase the actual Phoenix Force from existance, yet that's not relevant to the discussion at hand.

Even if it did for arguments sake, shes sentient mutable energy. She could be used as an energy source and just come out the other end just fine and continue the fight. Subjective opion aside...it's utterly speculative of you to say "Galactus can eat her, and she'll still live and rise up from his cosmic poop and continue the fight"

Again, this is not the truth. The Power Cosmic dictates the form that Galactus takes, and indeed any and all "biological" functions his form may perform. To say he is an organic is to be "blinded by your own arrogance." Not me stating it, but Thanos actually states that exact phrase to Annihilus when Annihilus asks him about Galactus' "biological nature". Again I''m at work so I dont have the scan but will upload it later.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Tenebrous
The Celestial comment is just your subjective opinon. List the characters Exitar (and Exitar alone) has fought close to Galactus' power.

It is my opinion. And it is based on what ive read on panel. It has not conclusively been proven and im open to being shown the error of my ways. However there are no conclusive on panel statements so you are unable to do this.

Not entirely a complete picture of Galactus. He merged with the Sentience of the Universe, which is the previous Eternity. Naturally, he does not embody the sum totality of existence; that's current Eternity's role. Galactus does however, represent "the metamorphosed embodiment of a cosmos." I'm at work so I don't have the proper scan with me. So he does not embody a concept in the current 616 universe. However, he does carry the previous universe's embodiment with him, as they are one and the same being. So to say he embodies nothing is not entirely accurate.

According to current continuity Galan was transformed by the energies of creation to make Galactus. There is a difference between embodying a universal concept and physically containing cosmic energies.

Galactus is not a concept. He is a physical being that contains cosmic energies. The abstracts are concepts who manifest on the physical plane through M Bodies. We are debating here whether Galactus is an embodiment of a concept in the same fashion. He is conclusively not therefore we dont need to dwell on this point any longer.

Showing me a scan saying Galactus embodies(as in contains derived from the previous universe) is completely missing the point.

Faulty logic. Being attached to a limitless energy source doesn't equate victory. You can be a boxer with the highest stamina out of all competitors, but you get any combinations of a cross or an uppercut or hook, all the stamina in the world is not going to prevent you from collapsing. Rachael was taking shots from a severely weakened Galactus, she even acknowledged this. There's nothing to take from this aside from the fact that the PF can defeat a weakened Galactus. That's not an impressive feat. The fantastic four, avengers, alpha flight have done the same exact thing. The common plot device: Galactus was weak due to his hunger. Like it or not, those are the facts. And unlike the FF, the avengers, and Alpha Flight, who managed to drive Galactus away from consuming their worlds, the PF actually got "defeated" by Galactus dropping knowledge on her. He ate the world she was trying to prevent him from eating simply by driving her away by playing mind games with her.

Not faulty at all. Not only has Phoenix been shown to operate at higher levels and be capable of greater feats, but on top of that her very nature (e.g the point that she is hooked up to an unlimited energy source) means that she would take him out with no trouble regardless of whether he had just fed or not.

The Phoenix is the sentient energies of the Big Bang, the very life force of reality. Galactus is a planet eater whose biggest feat is blowing up 3 solar systems. Nice. Not top tier.

I assumed that knowing that Phoenix has better feats, you would look at this point regarding the Phoenix's comparatively unlimited energies and then put two and two together. I didnt realise i would have to join up all the dots for you.

why bring this up? It's a what if and is irrelevant. Galactus' tech can erase the actual Phoenix Force from existance, yet that's not relevant to the discussion at hand.

If you'd read the thread you'd see that this incident was actually brought up by another poster therefore i responded.

GalacticStorm

Subjective opion aside...it's utterly speculative of you to say "Galactus can eat her, and she'll still live and rise up from his cosmic poop and continue the fight"

Not in the slightest. And you would realise this if you actually knew what the Phoenix is. The Phoenix is nothing but the sentient energies of creation.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8905/fantasticfour52212.th.jpg

"Galactus was transformed by the energies of creation itself. Call it the Big Bang, or the Phoenix Force, or what have you. "

Its power by various degrees of separation is used by all beings native to 616. Energy cannot be destroyed, only transferred and the Phoenix is the prime energy of the universe.

Its avatar can and has been used to power machinery and it just came out the other end and continued as normal.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4342/phoenixresurrectionreve.th.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9814/phoenixresurrectionrevea.th.jpg

Thats why the bio says it is the immortal, indestructible and mutable manifestation of the prime universal life force. It cannot be truly destroyed that is its nature like its namesake.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8195/ohotmux05streetsamuraid.th.jpg

Again, this is not the truth. The Power Cosmic dictates the form that Galactus takes, and indeed any and all "biological" functions his form may perform. To say he is an organic is to be "blinded by your own arrogance." Not me stating it, but Thanos actually states that exact phrase to Annihilus when Annihilus asks him about Galactus' "biological nature". Again I''m at work so I dont have the scan but will upload it later.

Regardless, Galactus is a physical being, the point has been stated time and time again. Him embodying as in containing energies derived from the previous reality is not the same as embodying a concept as the abstracts do. He is not a concept, he is a physical being therefore he is not an Abstract.

Tenebrous

According to current continuity Galan was transformed by the energies of creation to make Galactus. There is a difference between embodying a universal concept and physically containing cosmic energies.

Galactus is not a concept. He is a physical being that contains cosmic energies. The abstracts are concepts who manifest on the physical plane through M Bodies. We are debating here whether Galactus is an embodiment of a concept in the same fashion. He is conclusively not therefore we dont need to dwell on this point any longer.

Showing me a scan saying Galactus embodies(as in contains derived from the previous universe) is completely missing the point. No, the point was to explain greater overall context. Blanket statements like "he embodies nothing" don't convey an accurate description. He embodies no concept because he already has the emobodiment of the previous one contained in him. If you want to ignore that, that's your choice. I'm making the full context available for others to pick up. There are people posting in this thread who have asked questions regarding Galactus. You gave incomplete or flat out false responses. My reply is as much to you as the other people who wondered the same, and only got your blanket statement, and took that as truth.

This is debatable at best. I don't even need to take a stance of me debating you, the whole topic of whether Phoenix or Galactus has better feats is rife with disagreement. You interpret it one way, I interpret another. There's a whole bunch of threads that can be resurrected concerning his feats vs. hers. And you again say "she has an unlimited power source so therefore she wins" faulty logic.

Galactus is sentient universe that existed prior to the big bang, and prior to the current reality. Phoenix is just a flaming bird who got shattered by a common cosmic occurence: an event horizon. Nice. Not top tier. Shall we go another round?

Assumption is the mother of all fukc ups. You think you "join up all the dots" for people who reject your imposition of belief...i.e. you're going to claim that you need to illustrate something to me, because I refuse to take your interpretations (your assumptions, really) as truth, over my own personal thoughts and logic? LAUGHABLE.

SoulDevourer
even if PF survives being fed on by G this only mean stalemate not victory for PF

if G can feed on PF and if this dont weaken PF: then as long as PF is fighting, G can fight : PF will have unlimited energy but so will G (cuz PF will be providin G with all the energy he needs to fight her big grin)

GalacticStorm
No, the point was to explain greater overall context. Blanket statements like "he embodies nothing" don't convey an accurate description. He embodies no concept because he already has the emobodiment of the previous one contained in him. If you want to ignore that, that's your choice. I'm making the full context available for others to pick up. There are people posting in this thread who have asked questions regarding Galactus. You gave incomplete or flat out false responses. My reply is as much to you as the other people who wondered the same, and only got your blanket statement, and took that as truth.

In the context of what we the posters in this thread were talking about prior to your involvement(i.e Whether or not Galactus embodies a concept in the same fashion as Eternity and the abstracts) then my statement that he embodys nothing is completely acceptable. Even more so when posted alongside that statement was a scan with the exact same statement being made on panel.

What youre doing is wading in here and posting information which isnt relevant to the point being discussed. We were talking about whether or not Galactus is an abstract. He doesnt embody a concept he merely contains cosmic energies. Therefore i was correct. You decided to take issue with the term "embodies" which was a waste of effort given the context the word was being used within.

This is debatable at best. I don't even need to take a stance of me debating you, the whole topic of whether Phoenix or Galactus has better feats is rife with disagreement. You interpret it one way, I interpret another. There's a whole bunch of threads that can be resurrected concerning his feats vs. hers. And you again say "she has an unlimited power source so therefore she wins" faulty logic.

The point that Phoenix has greater feats than Galactus is not debatable in the slightest. When Galactus does more than blowing up 3 solar systems then we can have this discussion.

Being the sentient energies of creation the very same ones which powered Galactus in the first place makes this debate quite redundant.

Galactus is sentient universe that existed prior to the big bang, and prior to the current reality. Phoenix is just a flaming bird who got shattered by a common cosmic occurence: an event horizon. Nice. Not top tier. Shall we go another round?

Galactus is not the sentient previous universe. Galactus merely merged with the essence of the previous universe and was transformed within the Cosmic Egg. By current continuity he was transformed by the energies of Phoenix. You could never go all the way mate.

Assumption is the mother of all fukc ups. You think you "join up all the dots" for people who reject your imposition of belief...i.e. you're going to claim that you need to illustrate something to me, because I refuse to take your interpretations (your assumptions, really) as truth, over my own personal thoughts and logic? LAUGHABLE.

Your personal thoughts and logic amount to ignoring current continuity because it doesnt paint your favourite character(and the star of your sig) in as good a light as outdated continuity. Your refusal to hear in this post anything but a repetition of your own opinion has resulted in you barging in here and trying to argue about something that no one was talking about in the first place erm

Your personal thoughts and logic? confused

HILARIOUS.

GalacticStorm
even if PF survives being fed on by G this only mean stalemate not victory for PF

if G can feed on PF and if this dont weaken PF: then as long as PF is fighting, G can fight : PF will have unlimited energy but so will G (cuz PF will be providin G with all the energy he needs to fight her big grin)

Nope because he would need to be powerful enough to wrest control of the energy from the Phoenix in the first place. He isnt so its not a feasible hypothetical attack.

SoulDevourer

Nope because he would need to be powerful enough to wrest control of the energy from the Phoenix in the first place. He isnt so its not a feasible hypothetical attack. how do we know dat 4 sure? maybe she cant stop it

just cuz a lake is too big dont mean u cant drink from it stick out tongue

anyway when wuz Galactus shown on panel NOT able to drain energy from somethin? like, when did he try to feed on someone but was "blocked" from doing it? never happen on panel afaik huh

PS. IMO its possible PF > G but im just sayin the margin cant be THAT big

SoulDevourer
anyways u guys think maybe TS ment something else with title?

when he "who can galactus beat" actualy he wuz saying it Yoda-style so maybe he ment "who can, galactus beat" like "who can beat galactus"? big grin

GalacticStorm
how do we know dat 4 sure? maybe she cant stop it

just cuz a lake is too big dont mean u cant drink from it stick out tongue

anyway when wuz Galactus shown on panel NOT able to drain energy from somethin? like, when did he try to feed on someone but was "blocked" from doing it? never happen on panel afaik huh

The Phoenix is the sentient energies of the Big Bang. As confirmed by Reed Richards it was these very same energies that made Galan transform into Galactus. It is more powerful than Galactus and has a greater role. For example Bishop can absorb and rechannel energy from various sources, however it is a given that he would not be able to wrest control of the energies of someone like the Silver Surfer or Odin who have been shown on panel to be more powerful than he is. Its as simple as that.

SoulDevourer
The Phoenix is the sentient energies of the Big Bang. As confirmed by Reed Richards it was these very same energies that made Galan transform into Galactus. It is more powerful than Galactus and has a greater role. For example Bishop can absorb and rechannel energy from various sources, however it is a given that he would not be able to wrest control of the energies of someone like the Silver Surfer or Odin who have been shown on panel to be more powerful than he is. Its as simple as that. whoa wait one : bishop can ABSORB energy but thats not the same thing wink

that mean he can absorb energy attack (like a sponge or something) so that it dont damage him
its a form of defense

but galactus can DRAIN energy (like vacuum cleaner ^^)
its a form of attack

thats why i askd if galactus is shown (or stated) on panel that he cant drain energy from someone/something
maybe he cant with PF but fact is we dont know

GalacticStorm
whoa wait one : bishop can ABSORB energy but thats not the same thing wink

that mean he can absorb energy attack (like a sponge or something) so that it dont damage him
its a form of defense

but galactus can DRAIN energy (like vacuum cleaner ^^)
its a form of attack

thats why i askd if galactus wuz shown (or stated) on panel that he cant drain energy from someone/something
maybe he cant with PF but fact is we dont know

It was just an example. The characters featured arent important its the point behind it. Just like you wouldnt expect Silver Surfer to be able to wrest control of Galactus energies against his will because of the comparative power levels, the same stands for Galactus vs Phoenix.

Because of Phoenixes greater feats and the fact that it was her energies that made Galactus who he is in the first place, it is a given that he wouldnt be able to overpower her and take control of her own power. Thats all that needs to be said.

SoulDevourer
It was just an example. The characters featured arent important its the point behind it. Just like you wouldnt expect Silver Surfer to be able to wrest control of Galactus energies against his will because of the comparative power levels, the same stands for Galactus vs Phoenix.

Because of Phoenixes greater feats and the fact that it was her energies that made Galactus who he is in the first place, it is a given that he wouldnt be able to overpower her and take control of her own power. Thats all that needs to be said. SS dosnt have energy drain either stick out tongue

ok i get yo point, but if phoenix energy is what makes up galactus then coudnt it be even easier 4 him to tap into it? wink

similer example : Scathan is a celestial
celestials are part of Eternitys dreams
yet Scathan shown > Eternity (yeah PIS, go fig. but its canon :/ )

kgkg
similer example : Scathan is a celestial
celestials are part of Eternitys dreams
yet Scathan shown > Eternity (yeah PIS, go fig. but its canon :/ ) What the f**k?

Creation have surpassed the creator in comic especially in Marvel

ie : Evolution ie Jasper , Franklin , Wanda etc

are all example that some of these characters have potential to exceed it's creator<and have done so>

GalacticStorm
SS dosnt have energy drain either stick out tongue

ok i get yo point, but if phoenix energy is what makes up galactus then coudnt it be even easier 4 him to tap into it? wink

similer example (sort of) : jaspers made fury yet fury adapted to its creators powers (apparenly MJJ cant warp fury) and pwned him

better yet : scathan is a celestial
celestials are part of eternitys dreams
yet scathan shown to be > eternity (yeah PIS go fig. but its canon :/)

SS can drain energy from other sources. All the heralds can to my knowledge.

You can turn it the other way around and say that Phoenix uses those same energies herself they are after all a part of her being and she has done more impressive things with her power. So that plus her comparatively unlimited nature and total indestructibility means that its a given that she can beat someone on Galactus' level.

The Fury never defeated Jaspers through a greater output of power. He exploited his one weakness which was his power is dependant on reality and without reality to mould he is powerless.

Youre not proposing that Galactus is going to win by him him exploiting a weakness. Youre talking about him taking her on directly in an energy battle. Fury never won against Jaspers in that method so thats not a good example.

Scathan is not greater than Eternity conclusively. Thats just a conclusion some forum members have jumped to because Scathan took out Protege. When did Eternity fight Protege and lose? After claiming to have the power of TOAA who is supposed to be the supreme being in Marvel when did Protege actually demonstrate this power?

He claimed to have TOAA's power and yet he looked like LT. Theres a contradiction for you. Another one is that he claimed to be the supreme being and yet got soundly defeated by a Celestial? erm

Protege is unproven, therefore i wouldnt follow the crowd and jump to any conclusions about Scathans power level.

SoulDevourer
SS can drain energy from other sourcesscan? '(especially draining from another character)

yeah but MJJ tried to warp fury right? fury resisted
if not for MJJs weakness the battle wouldve gone on 4ever & stalemate

becuz protege copied Eternitys power?

Originally posted by kgkg
What the f**k?

are all example that some of these characters have potential to exceed it's creator<and have done so> uh yeah but celestials are suppose to be part of eternitys imagination! since when does creator get surpass by his dreams? huh that beats even freddy kruger lol

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by kgkg
What the f**k?

are all example that some of these characters have potential to exceed it's creator<and have done so>

That depends on how powerful you believe those characters are. The extent of Jaspers and Wandas power is debatable.

Jaspers 616's biggest feat was warping planet Earth as stated in his bio.

He had great potential however it wasnt realised. Since when do we rank a character based upon potential instead of feat and demonstrated power?

Wandas actual feats are debatable as well as there are more on panel statements saying she warped the planet Earth as opposed to the universe. And we all know that the Chaos Wave was triggered by her as opposed to being powered and controlled by her thereby cancelling its destruction as a feat.

kgkg
That depends on how powerful you believe those characters are. The extent of Jaspers and Wandas power is debatable.

Jaspers 616's biggest feat was warping planet Earth as stated in his bio.

Wandas actual feats are debatable as well as there are more on panel statements saying she warped the planet Earth as opposed to the universe. And we all know that the Chaos Wave was triggered by her as opposed to being powered and controlled by her thereby cancelling its destruction as a feat. I wasn't debating where those characters rank in the hierarchy just pointing out that creation can surpass the creator in comic book.

and someone would rank people like Jaspers and Wanda very high in the cosmic ranking wink

GalacticStorm
scan? '(especially draining from another character)

yeah but MJJ tried to warp fury right? fury resisted
if not for MJJs weakness the battle wouldve gone on 4ever & stalemate

becuz protege copied Eternitys power?

I referred to the Silver Surfer as an example, like i said before the point im trying to make is important not the characters im using to illustrate said point. Those are interchangeable.

MJJ didnt try to warp the Fury instead he resorted to shape shifting into various forms and attacking him.

If MJJ wasnt so crazy and he actually tried to warp the Fury instead of resorting to comparatively primitive attacks then he probably would have won.

Regardless of whose power Protege said he had warped, what did he do on panel to verify his claims?

Either way lets not go off on a tangent i think the points been made. Whilst i accept that its possible for the creator to exceeded by its creation, there is no on panel instance where this has been shown to be anywhere near the case for Phoenix and Galactus.

SoulDevourer
(yeah now were offtopic but WTH ^^)Originally posted by GalacticStorm
MJJ didnt try to warp the Fury instead he resorted to shape shifting into various forms and attacking him. yeah but right at beginning MJJ changes fury by rolling it into a ball or something (then he punches the ball)

its not much but its its shape-shifting so that still counts as warping (in Marvel anyway) stick out tongue

GalacticStorm
(yeah now were offtopic but WTH ^^)yeah but right at beginning MJJ changes fury by rolling it into a ball or something (then he punches the ball)

its not much but its its shape-shifting so that still counts as warping (in Marvel anyway) stick out tongue

He compressed him into a ball and that was the first and last time he used his warping powers on Fury instead of just shape shifting himself.

So yeah it hardly counts. But yeah we're off topic lol

Tenebrous
In the context of what we the posters in this thread were talking about prior to your involvement(i.e Whether or not Galactus embodies a concept in the same fashion as Eternity and the abstracts) then my statement that he embodys nothing is completely acceptable. Even more so when posted alongside that statement was a scan with the exact same statement being made on panel.

What youre doing is wading in here and posting information which isnt relevant to the point being discussed. We were talking about whether or not Galactus is an abstract. He doesnt embody a concept he merely contains cosmic energies. Therefore i was correct. You decided to take issue with the term "embodies" which was a waste of effort given the context the word was being used within. I "waded in here" to provide a counter to your posts. Given by your increasingly defensive tone I can see that you handle disagreements with your point of view quite poorly.

The context of discussion is not in absolute terms. Does he embody a functional concept in current MU? No. Does he contain the embodiment of something that was a functional concept, and thereby plays an equally, if not more important role than true literal abstracts? Yes. By your definition, the death of any 1 particular abstract would cause the absence of that embodiment. Galactus' death does not cause the absence of any embodiment. In that sense, you are correct. In actuality, his death causes the presence of an embodiment. Curious, as this is the exact reverse of your definition of an abstract, yet you would take issue with anyone "wading" in here and raising discussion and counterpoints? Would you have told this to anyone in the course of discussion? No? Well I guess I have to "wade" into the discussion that you previously controlled. There's a reason why this is called a "discussion board"

You dictate terms of what can be discussed and not? Are you a mod? Since when does destructive power the only barometer for how powerful a character is? This doesn't even begin to enter into discussion how any destruction of universal scale on Galactus' part is utterly out of character. This isn't a way around the issue, this is a fact.

It's redundant to you because the Phoneix by no means "powered Galactus" as you flat out falsely state ad infinitum and ad nauseum. You dispute this? I knew you would. Throw up your scans of the PF "powering Galactus."

Galactus contains the essence of the previous universe, and infact is the metamorphosed representation of that essence; he IS a universe, he contains one within him. By current continuity he was saved by the Sentience of the Universe (on panel) and the PF (the previous PF) reignited the creation cycle. So Galan's universe dies, and the current 616 MU is born.

No where on panel does it depict the PF specifically intervening to "transform" Galan into Galactus. If you argue that it actually made a conscious act of specifically transforming Galan, then you implicitly state that it was a high priority for the PF to do so, irrespective of the dying reality. If this is so, then clearly the PF had better things to do (like "transforming" Galactus) than saving the universe from eternal damnation. You could go all the way with your bias representation of your favorite character (the star of your sig), but you've done that repeatedly haven't you?

I ask again, whose logic is faulty? Mine or yours? You hinge everything on the reed richards quotation...yet you interpret it the wrong way (perhaps on purpose?) I'll put aside all the diminutive adjectives I have in my head to describe your personal thoughts and logic (you could never keep up son) but I'll let you respond first.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/b8kvue

GalacticStorm

GalacticStorm

GalacticStorm

GalacticStorm
I ask again, whose logic is faulty? Mine or yours? You hinge everything on the reed richards quotation...yet you interpret it the wrong way (perhaps on purpose?) I'll put aside all the diminutive adjectives I have in my head to describe your personal thoughts and logic (you could never keep up son) but I'll let you respond first.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/b8kvue

My argument is not hinged on the Reed quotation. The Reed quotation complements my other sources which state that Phoenix is the life force of reality, the power source behind the stars, the mother of the stars, the sum and substance of life, the prime universal force of life and that its avatar is a flame from the Big Bang. All of that coupled with Reed saying that the energies of creation are one and the same as the Big Bang and just another name for the Phoenix Force which transformed Galactus into who he is makes my argument officially the case.

Bouboumaster
My argument is not hinged on the Reed quotation. The Reed quotation complements my other sources which state that Phoenix is the life force of reality, the power source behind the stars, the mother of the stars, the sum and substance of life, the prime universal force of life and that its avatar is a flame from the Big Bang. All of that coupled with Reed saying that the energies of creation are one and the same as the Big Bang and just another name for the Phoenix Force which transformed Galactus into who he is makes my argument officially the case.

I taught it was Galan merge with Eternity that transformed both into Galactus.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I taught it was Galan merge with Eternity that transformed both into Galactus.

Eternity doesnt have a physical body. Hes just the sentience of the universe. That why he requires M-bodys(That black cloaked figure) to have a physical presence within the universe that he represents.

The previous Eternity guided Galan to the Cosmic Egg as he was dying in order for Galan to be transformed into Galactus. However whilst it was planned by the previous Eternity, it was the Phoenix Forces power which actually powered the transformation.

GalacticStorm
bump

kgkg
Batman with IG

GalacticStorm
bump wink

Mekrob
bump wink fail

GalacticStorm
fail

Depends on ones intentions son eek!

Mindset
Was your intention to fail?

GalacticStorm
Was your intention to fail?

If i say what my intentions are then i will fail smile

Mekrob
If i say what my intentions are then i will fail smile To spam the thread until whatshis/herface admits he/she lost the argumentz?

Philosophía
Lulz at GalacticStorm savoring his victories.

GalacticStorm
To spam the thread until whatshis/herface admits he/she lost the argumentz?

no I dont require any validation from whatshisface smile

Im confident in the integrity of my posts. big grin

Mindset
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/jkmemo10mu1.gif

GalacticStorm
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/jkmemo10mu1.gif

I like that smile

Mekrob
no I dont require any validation from whatshisface smile

Im confident in the integrity of my posts. big grin To bump it so everyone else sees that you got the last post?

I didn't read the argument btw. smile

But if we get to the next page, it will be farther buried.

GalacticStorm
To bump it so everyone else sees that you got the last post?

I didn't read the argument btw. smile

But if we get to the next page, it will be farther buried.

Dont be ridiculous no

Mekrob
Dont be ridiculous no Right, it won't be buried because someone else will quote it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.