The Brits are pissed at Obama.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
/facepalm

Even if the gift was tacky and in poor taste...perhaps the Brits throwing a sh*tfit about this should go and f*ck themselves. It's not like Obama took a dump in a tubesock and passed it off as a gift.

Also, there's a good chance that the DVDs are Region 1, meaning that they won't play in the UK.

BackFire
This seems like the kinda thing that people ***** about who don't have anything better to do.

Besides, I'd rather have the DVD's than all that crap he gave Obama.

Shakyamunison
A set of DVD's laughing That's kind of like giving your girl friend a lube and oil gift card instead of flowers. laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by BackFire
This seems like the kinda thing that people ***** about who don't have anything better to do.

Besides, I'd rather have the DVD's than all that crap he gave Obama. roll eyes (sarcastic)

chithappens
I didn't get a blowjob this weekend from some random ugly fat girl.

I'm pissed also.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by chithappens
I didn't get a blowjob this weekend from some random ugly fat girl.

I'm pissed also.
That's a terrible analogy, and I think I just developed a hernia trying to contemplate what you're trying to say.

Bardock42
I'd be more pissed at my prime minister pissing away first editions and oak pen holders from historical ships that probably cost me a fortune.

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
A set of DVD's laughing That's kind of like giving your girl friend a lube and oil gift card instead of flowers. laughing out loud

And if she wasn't a stupid *****, she'd realize that the oil-change will last her a good 3k+ miles, while the flowers will wilt and be worthless in a week at best.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
And if she wasn't a stupid *****, she'd realize that the oil-change will last her a good 3k+ miles, while the flowers will wilt and be worthless in a week at best.

You still will not get layed. wink

Ushgarak
I have no idea where you are getting this 'Brits are pissed' nonsense from.

It is neither in the article nor in reality, so you are just making things up to fit the criticism you wish to make. The most that actually exists is a snarky article in the Mail- which means bugger all- done as much to ridicule Brown as anything else.

Poor.

Robtard
You still will not get layed. wink

I don't need flowers to get laid.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
I don't need flowers to get laid.

...and my wife would love to have the lube and oil gift card, but you know what I was saying. laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd be more pissed at my prime minister pissing away first editions and oak pen holders from historical ships that probably cost me a fortune.

Damn straight.

Besides, Brown should have given Obama some British tea (imported from India and China), packed in those tin thingys you get in the souvenir shop.

Who is making these presents for other world leaders? I mean, someone in Obama's administration misspelled Russian word for 'reset' on a present given to Lavrov.
Double yew tee eff!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Damn straight.

Besides, Brown should have given Obama some British tea (imported from India and China), packed in those tin thingys you get in the souvenir shop.

That wouldn't be British. That wouldn't be British at all!

HoldenCaulfield
Are we pissed? Because I certainly wasn't informed that I should be.
Why would I (a British citizen) give a solitary **** about what gift Obama gives Brown?
It's an article in the Mail, as such it is not fit enough for toilet paper, let alone reading.

Mairuzu
A set of DVD's laughing That's kind of like giving your girl friend a lube and oil gift card instead of flowers. laughing out loud my girlfriend enjoyed those gifts, thank you very much uhuh

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That wouldn't be British. That wouldn't be British at all!

Correct, sir. The British thing to do, would have been to exploit the brown-skinned man (Obama) economically.

Bardock42
I think it's a nice gift anyways.

It was probably way overpriced if they requested it as a unique make, but it's not that bad, really.

lil bitchiness
I agree, it is a nice prezzie. However as you said, it is probably very expencive. It just was not necessary, considering the present he got back.

Magee
That article is from the mail which makes this thread worthless.

Jack Daniels
I dont know magee oil and lube giftcards lets see where this thread goes..lol

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by HoldenCaulfield
Are we pissed? Because I certainly wasn't informed that I should be.
Why would I (a British citizen) give a solitary **** about what gift Obama gives Brown?
It's an article in the Mail, as such it is not fit enough for toilet paper, let alone reading.

I know you.

Sadako of Girth
Misleading thread title..

Obamas OK in my book.

Brown should recognise that the Star Wars boxset is not to be sniffed at.

King Kandy
This boxset was specifically produced for the gift. It is a very nice gift. I'd be glad to have it if Brown doesn't think it's good enough for him.

Jack Daniels
hmm I think I deserve it more than all of u muhahaha...sorry I just like star wars

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Magee
That article is from the mail which makes this thread worthless.

Totally agree, British Tabloids just write what they want and some fools actually believe them and this sort of discussion starts.

jinXed by JaNx
Obama definitely sucks at buying gifts. I'm not saying dvd's are a bad gift but choosing some of the most well known movies that are most likely already apart of any collectors library just shows laziness. Come on now...,Star Wars, Raging Bull, Citizen Kane and the Grapes of Wrath? There isn't even a theme going on there.

I think he forgot that he was supposed to buy a gift and when he was presented with a priceless document, he told the PM that his gift was in another room and excused himself to go retrieve it. The only things he had to choose from were items from the gift shop or movies he never got around to opening.

I don't know why the PM made such a big deal, though. Aren't the Brits supposed to be all sophistimacated and shit?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Obama definitely sucks at buying gifts. I'm not saying dvd's are a bad gift but choosing some of the most well known movies that are most likely already apart of any collectors library just shows laziness. Come on now...,Star Wars, Raging Bull, Citizen Kane and the Grapes of Wrath? There isn't even a theme going on there.

I think he forgot that he was supposed to buy a gift and when he was presented with a priceless document, he told the PM that his gift was in another room and excused himself to go retrieve it. The only things he had to choose from were items from the gift shop or movies he never got around to opening.

I don't know why the PM made such a big deal, though. Aren't the Brits supposed to be all sophistimacated and shit?

Hey, not all Brits are sophisticated, but majorty are very very polite and well manared. Its just how you're brought up. Sophistimaticatialtiation is not seen in many.

Anywho, I doubt anyone is ''pissed'' at Obama cos of the gift. I think everyone is more pissed at Brown for giving away something that probably cost ridiculous amount of money.

King Kandy
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
According to the article he had this box set prepared a month in advance for the sole purpose of giving it as a gift.

HoldenCaulfield
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I know you.

Where did we meet?

Final Blaxican
Call me a cvnt why dontcha. haermm

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by HoldenCaulfield
Are we pissed?

According to the opening post, we're supposed to be.

jaden101
I didn't even know this happened until i read this thread. Must be bigger news state side than here.

Forum Ninja
I thought this would be something important.

lord xyz
Obama put cyanide in a cup of tea.

The ultimate insult.

WrathfulDwarf
Maybe I'm just looking too deep into this...but maybe...just maybe... the gifts were a form of sarcasm.

Obama gives the gift to show Gordon that Americans are superior when it comes to movies....then Gordon turns around and gives him a reminder of when the Europeans had blacks in chains....

...hmm

StyleTime
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I agree, it is a nice prezzie. However as you said, it is probably very expencive. It just was not necessary, considering the present he got back.
It's the thought that counts!

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Maybe I'm just looking too deep into this...but maybe...just maybe... the gifts were a form of sarcasm.

Obama gives the gift to show Gordon that Americans are superior when it comes to movies....then Gordon turns around and gives him a reminder of when the Europeans had blacks in chains....

...hmm

Hahaha, would be a pretty good sense of humor on Brown's part.

KidRock
Maybe the British should worry about how their country and culture are getting ravaged and destroyed.

Deja~vu
A set of DVD's laughing That's kind of like giving your girl friend a lube and oil gift card instead of flowers. laughing out loud Hey, send them your CD's eek!

Burning thought
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

...hmm

This actually made me laugh stick out tongue

ArgyleSocker
OBAMA Drama will never continue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.