Uber amps, Plot device Powers, and WTF did that come from??? abilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Who has the best amp in comics?
Be it a weapon or Ability to draw on outside power.

Who has the best plot device powers. the ones that without PIS are just really hard to over come.

Who has just crazy powers that came out of no where or just don't go with the character's abilities at all.

xJLxKing
Spectre and Superman

fangirl101
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Spectre and Superman
can you expound. I know superman has some crazy powers and one of the best amps in comics with his sun dip. But the spectre?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by fangirl101
can you expound. I know superman has some crazy powers and one of the best amps in comics with his sun dip. But the spectre?

The Spectre can be seen as amping it's host. Also, the Spectre amps based on how much support it gets from the Source.

xJLxKing
Superman with his equipment(cosmic armor), and sun dips. It makes him unstoppable. The spectre with the Presence backing him up.

Starscream M
Hulk and Superman have the most uber amps, from anger and sun, respectively

Symmetric Chaos
Surfer has amped himself to pretty crazy levels in the past.

shokosugi
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Spectre and Superman

thumb up

Enyalus
Not counting crazy-ass abstracts and all that...

Best Amp? Takion. Superman. Silver Surfer.

Plot Device Powers? Silver Surfer. Superman.

WTF Powers? Flash. He's done some stupid ridiculous things with his speed powers. Like creating GL-type constructs from the Speed Force. WTF?

Oh, almost forgot....Darwin and current Warlock are also high up there on the WTF meter.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Enyalus
WTF Powers? Flash. He's done some stupid ridiculous things with his speed powers. Like creating GL-type constructs from the Speed Force. WTF?

It totally makes sense. Your inferior fleshie mind simply cannot understand.

Naija boy
Plot device powers= Power cosmic and mjolnir

darthgoober
Originally posted by Naija boy
Plot device powers= Power cosmic and mjolnir
If it qualifies, I'd say the tech of Reed and Doom actually trumps those two...

SoulDevourer
the best plot device powers 1) adaptation (doomsday, fury, nimrod)
2) mimicry (amazo)
3) reality warping (the real deal like mxy)

TricksterPriest
Mxy is 5D science, technically it's not reality warping. In fact, you could say it's beyond reality warping.

SoulDevourer
beyond??

then what about the 7D imps or the 10D monsters (ultimater?) who can prolly warp anything in the 5th D

TricksterPriest
No idea on the 7. But Mxy beat the Ultimator, so take that how you will.

Enyalus
There was a creation made by 6th dimension scientists, called Id...That seemed like it would get its ass kicked by either Batmite or Mxy.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No idea on the 7. But Mxy beat the Ultimator, so take that how you will. iirc he "defeat" it by basicaly boring it till it sleeps to he didnt overpower it he tricked it (like supe has tricked mxy in the past)
then he did his "break 4th wall stuff" and locked it in comic book or something big grin

btw why is 5D science beyond magic? shouldn it be the other way round? huh

Naija boy
Originally posted by darthgoober
If it qualifies, I'd say the tech of Reed and Doom actually trumps those two...

Indeed. If only for the fact that Reed and Doom are humans and not using any supernatural abilities to create such things.

Original Smurph
Who has just crazy powers that came out of no where or just don't go with the character's abilities at all. Doop
The Weird

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Naija boy
Indeed. If only for the fact that Reed and Doom are humans and not using any supernatural abilities to create such things. Doom does pull magic and the Ovoid Mind Transfer out of his pocket a whole lot.

Naija boy
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Doom does pull magic and the Ovoid Mind Transfer out of his pocket a whole lot.

But does he use magic in order to create his tech? If so i guess Reed must be much smarter than him stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.