Shuyin vs. Squall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
FFX-2's antagonist vs. FFVIII's hero. Who wins?

Zack Fair
Squall should win. Shuyin didn't really do anything in the story besides get gunned down and control that huge mecha.

Pyron_Knight
He could always possess Squall.
His will was enough to corrupt all the aeons afterall.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
He could always possess Squall.
His will was enough to corrupt all the aeons afterall.

Did he ever possess anyone besides aeons? Would he be able to do it before he gets his head chopped off?

Pyron_Knight
Well he never possessed the aeons. That was Yu Yevon's thing. In regards to Shuyin, it was the force of his anger, despair and etc.. that tainted the Fayth and thus the aeons.

Shuyin possessed people namely Nooj and Baralai.

Darth Exodus
Squall's will survived Time Compression, I think he can stop a low-level possession.

Squall ftw.

Pyron_Knight
Squall's friendship survived Time Compression. It was made pretty clear by the speech Laguna made that it was only together could they succeed.

And as for low-level possession, it's odd. Shuyin could only control Nooj directly a few times but he was manipulating Baralai no problem and, as I said earlier, jus this hatred drove powerful spirits insane.

fascistcrusader
You're pitting an athlete not too used to combat against a guy trained as a highly skilled mercenary from a young age who is junctioned to powerful GFs....

Squall slaughters him.

Pyron_Knight
Tidus was just trained as an athlete too and he proved he was pretty tough. And he's if anything weaker than Shuyin. Shuyin's existed for a 1000 years and possessed two of the strongest people in Spira. I'm pretty sure he's no clouch in combat.

Pyron_Knight
This is what getting near Shuyin does for your health:

kyjE_pEv2SE
oXwhtjI8U2A

And those were just regular soldiers without pasts like Squall has. Squall isn't exactly Mr. Mental Health ya know.

fascistcrusader
Tidus is one of the weakest main heroes of the FF series, Shuyin pretty much is Tidus as far as ability goes. They're both novices with a sword and not very skilled as warriors. Squall is in the top 5 FF heroes, thanks to years of the best training, mastery of the hardest sword to use in the world, and junctioning. This is a curb stomp for the SeeD.

Pyron_Knight
Shuyin uses the same moves as Tidus but his skill level compared to the latter is unknown. As I said he's been around for hundreds of years and inhabited the minds and bodies of two of Spira's finest warriors (Nooj and Baralai)
And Top 5 FF heroes? Squall has almost no feats at all. He has a gunblade duel, being pwned by ice spikes and some torture under his belt. How does that qualify for Top 5 material?
Tidus is easily more agile and probably faster too. His Blitz moves aren't something just anyone could do and I don't remember any feats froM Squal showing he could do something like the Jecht Shot. It be funny to see him try though.

Zack Fair
This is what getting near Shuyin does for your health:

kyjE_pEv2SE
oXwhtjI8U2A

And those were just regular soldiers without pasts like Squall has. Squall isn't exactly Mr. Mental Health ya know.

At the end of FF8 Squall is not moping over Ellone anymore. He has accepted his companions and role as leader, and has admitted his feelings towards Rinoa.

I honestly doubt its going to work, but this is just a matter of opinion and no true factual way to prove it.

fascistcrusader
Squall is being enhanced by powerful GFs and has a hell of a lot more combat training and experience under his belt. The fact that he mastered the gunblade proves he is infinitely better as a swordsman as well. Shuyin gets a stomping here.

Csdabest
Didnt Squall go toe to toe in sword combat with sephiroth in Dissidia. Which was stated to be canon by developers/creators.

Pyron_Knight
How does mastering the gunblade matter? It's not lik eits some supoer-powerful weapon.
As for GFs, that's an unknown. I don't think we know which GF Squall has equipped. He certainly doesn't demonstrate any great enhanced speed or strength in cutscenes.

Well Tidus is in Dissidia too is he not? He must have gotten some feats from teh game too.

Zack Fair
How does mastering the gunblade matter? It's not lik eits some supoer-powerful weapon.
As for GFs, that's an unknown. I don't think we know which GF Squall has equipped. He certainly doesn't demonstrate any great enhanced speed or strength in cutscenes.

Well Tidus is in Dissidia too is he not? He must have gotten some feats from teh game too.

All he did was run like hell and throw Zidane at one of the villains.

fascistcrusader
Squall in Dissidia has some incredible feats. He goes toe to toe with Sephiroth, who the Dissidia designers all agree is the best swordsman, they even call his style of combat "blade master." He also owns Kuja, calling him nothing but talk, and bests the Warrior of Light in combat, and WoL is supposed to be the leader of the Cosmos characters. Then he bests Ultimecia in combat.

Tidus, by contrast, doesn't do a whole lot. He throws Zidane, stalemates the Emperor but can;t defeat him, and then beats his father Jecht.

Going strictly by Dissidia Squall stomps even harder than if we just use VIII and X-2.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Squall in Dissidia has some incredible feats. He goes toe to toe with Sephiroth, who the Dissidia designers all agree is the best swordsman, they even call his style of combat "blade master." He also owns Kuja, calling him nothing but talk, and bests the Warrior of Light in combat, and WoL is supposed to be the leader of the Cosmos characters. Then he bests Ultimecia in combat.

Tidus, by contrast, doesn't do a whole lot. He throws Zidane, stalemates the Emperor but can;t defeat him, and then beats his father Jecht.

Going strictly by Dissidia Squall stomps even harder than if we just use VIII and X-2.

Not to mention he showed some mad reaction skills when Ultimecia stopped time, casted those energy spikes aiming at him and played it out to watch how Squall died.

fascistcrusader
Indeed. The fact that he went from standing there to having like 50 energy arrows flying at him and blocked them all is amazing.

ThunderGodEneru
Is Dissidia even canon?

No?

Then why the hell are you arguing it?

fascistcrusader
Dissidia is canon, actually.

ThunderGodEneru
Proof of claim please.

fascistcrusader
Its used to explain the back story of FF I and its characters, and the creators have never claimed it as non canon. If were something non canon like SSB then they wouldn't use it as a source of info for another game in the series.

ThunderGodEneru
Its used to explain the back story of FF I and its characters, and the creators have never claimed it as non canon. If were something non canon like SSB then they wouldn't use it as a source of info for another game in the series. Ah, I see.

So, speculation?

Gotcha.

fascistcrusader
No, all official material treats it as canon. Its a direct spinoff of FF I.

ThunderGodEneru
Spin-off being key word.

A spin-off is not always canon.

And even then, it would only be canon to FF1, not the others.

Zack Fair
We will have to wait and see what SquareEnixUS says about it when it comes out.

Because the characters seem to remember certain events taking place in their respective games.

Pyron_Knight
Well you all believe in PIS so this is obviously an example of it. Squall beating Kuja is laughable.

Csdabest
Im sorry but why wouldnt material created by the creators not be canon. Its square enix property and is not in collaboration with another company like KH was.

Other than that they stayed IN characters and didnt really do abilities or commit to actions outside of their character. We need official word that it isnt canon. But as long as it comes from the creators of the series it should be treated as canon.

Its why DBGT isnt really considered canon because the original creator wasnt involved in it.

The main characters that really got feats from Dissidia to really boost their characters were.

Squall, Cloud, Sephiroth, WOL, Onion Knight EXDeath. Other characters just had story.

The best thing Tidus did was run while being fired at avoiding the blasts and beat his father Though you could say that his father wasnt trying to win really.. But since that adaptation of his father has never really been seen. Its just an as is feat. Though i must admit

Jecht was Highly bad ass.

Pyron_Knight
Jecht might be cool but his inclusion in the game still makes no real sense.
He's not the villain of FFX.

Csdabest
Well Technically he was. The way I interpreted the story of Final Fantasy X i may be wrong cuz i never really enjoyed playing X. But it was pretty and i was abit to young to understand. But I thought SIN the main villain of FFX was Jecht.

Its one of the only ff games I havent replayed. So i might have to go back.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Csdabest
Im sorry but why wouldnt material created by the creators not be canon. Its square enix property and is not in collaboration with another company like KH was.

Other than that they stayed IN characters and didnt really do abilities or commit to actions outside of their character. We need official word that it isnt canon. But as long as it comes from the creators of the series it should be treated as canon.

Its why DBGT isnt really considered canon because the original creator wasnt involved in it.

The main characters that really got feats from Dissidia to really boost their characters were.

Squall, Cloud, Sephiroth, WOL, Onion Knight EXDeath. Other characters just had story.

The best thing Tidus did was run while being fired at avoiding the blasts and beat his father Though you could say that his father wasnt trying to win really.. But since that adaptation of his father has never really been seen. Its just an as is feat. Though i must admit

Jecht was Highly bad ass.

Like I said earlier they even remembered certain stuff about their games. Also they acted strictly like their main game counterparts. Shit Cloud acted more like FF7 Cloud than even AC Cloud.

Jecht might be cool but his inclusion in the game still makes no real sense.
He's not the villain of FFX.

They used Jecht because they needed a human villain for Tidus. Seymour didn't even notice Tidus. So they gave us Jecht.

fascistcrusader
They used Jecht because he pretty much is the main antagonist of the game as he is sin. Seymour is to X as Rufus Shinra is to VII, and Yu Yevon wouldn't really work in this game. Not to mention using Jecht gives Tidus a great connection to his counterpart.

Zack Fair
They used Jecht because he pretty much is the main antagonist of the game as he is sin. Seymour is to X as Rufus Shinra is to VII, and Yu Yevon wouldn't really work in this game. Not to mention using Jecht gives Tidus a great connection to his counterpart.

What he said.

Pyron_Knight
FFX doesn't have one solid main antagonist really. The Yevon religion is an antagonist. jecht/Sin is an antagonist and Yu Yevon is behind that so he's an antagonist too. Of course he can't control what he's doing anymore but the point is he's the root of Sin.
Then there's Seymour who is a constant threat to the party for around half of the game and even makes it to the final dungeon.

GrieverSquall
Squall wins, hands down.

BloodKnight
Seymour was a far more important villain than Rufus

Sin_Volvagia
This is so one-sided

Pyron_Knight
Squall really can't win this. He simply isn't as fast or agile as Shuyin. In addition, Shuyin can possess him at any time.

Sin_Volvagia
Squall really can't win this. He simply isn't as fast or agile as Shuyin. In addition, Shuyin can possess him at any time.

That's not what I had in mind

GrieverSquall

Shuyin really can't win this. He isn't as experienced, strong, skilled, fast (just to name a few) as Squall is. In addition, Squall moves his arm and slashes Shuyin's head. Easily, isn't it? Shuyin mental powers or whatever those abilites he have must be stronger than Ultimecia's to AT LEAST affect Squall's mind which I doubt. Hell, Tidus would beat Shuyin.

Pyron_Knight
Oh wow, he'll slash the head of a dead guy! That'll show him!

And who cares about Ultimecia? Unless she tried to possess Squall and failed, Squall has no resistance feats to spiritual possession.

Also all of Tidus' moves are Shuyin's so Tidus kinda sucks ball in compaison to Shuyin.

GrieverSquall
He's an unsent? Seymour wasn't one too and he had his head kicked so many times that I can't remember? Shuyin being dead proves how weak he is in the first place.

What is an spiritual possesion? How that works? That makes Shuyin invincible? I suppose he didn't used that on Yuna, Rikku and Paine.

Tidus's moves are Shuyin's? So the one that sucks is Shuyin then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.