The Borg Collective vs. The Shiar' Empire!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hitman911
It resistance really Futile?!?!?!?!?
Discuss!

golem370
Imperial Guards.

PRAYERRUN
probably but I need more info on the imperial guards.

Mindset
All you need to know is Gladiator, he has a mohawk and he's badass.

PRAYERRUN
Then...Borg loose really badly lol.

golem370
Gladiator- http://www.marvel.com/universe/Gladiator_%28Kallark%29

Starbolt- http://www.marvel.com/universe/Starbolt

Monstra- http://www.marvel.com/universe/Monstra

PRAYERRUN
yep. lol :P

Digi
Goin' with da Borg. Of course they aren't more powerful, but I'm convinced they'd "smart" their way into assimilating a few of the Shiar and slowly take over. You don't need to physically beat someone in order to infect/assimilate them.

Better yet, just focus on the Emperor, assimilate that person, then Gladiator would be forced to be loyal to the Borg. Technicality ftw, yo!

cool

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
Goin' with da Borg. Of course they aren't more powerful, but I'm convinced they'd "smart" their way into assimilating a few of the Shiar and slowly take over. You don't need to physically beat someone in order to infect/assimilate them.

Better yet, just focus on the Emperor, assimilate that person, then Gladiator would be forced to be loyal to the Borg. Technicality ftw, yo!

cool I doubt Gladiator would be loyal to someone under Borg control.

Do you think he would be loyal to someone under Phalanx control?

PRAYERRUN
But how do they get to the emperor? They can't exactly sneak onto the ship.

SupremeMan
I'm fairly sure the Shiar have done things surpassing the Borg. Don't the Shiar, with typical comic book hyperbole, rule galaxies? Poor science fiction Borg have to just own solar systems.

illadelph12
The Borg have a chance. There's millions of Borg and thousands of cubes after all. After the initial wave of the Borg gets destroyed (which likely only consist of at most 3 cubes) the next wave will have adapted and be even more formidable. Plus Borg scanners are more advanced than even what the Federation has so I'm pretty sure Gladiator and any other Strontians that come up against the Borg will have issues with radiation poisoning when faced with adaptive weaponry after a bio scan. Once Gladiator is out of the way and it becomes the Shi'Ar military and remainder of the Guard vs the Borg their chances of winning greatly increase.

I give it to the Shi'Ar, but only 6/10 based on whether Gladiator just graps an asteroid and lightspeed battering rams the Shi'Ar to victory versus a more conventional offensive (in which case the Borg numbers will be ever increasing).

illadelph12
Originally posted by SupremeMan
I'm fairly sure the Shiar have done things surpassing the Borg. Don't the Shiar, with typical comic book hyperbole, rule galaxies? Poor science fiction Borg have to just own solar systems.

The Borg's reach is in 2 quadrants (Alpha & Delta), they simply have a 'home' solar system, just as the Shi'Ar do.

WhiteWitchKing
Negabombs ftw.

Raoul
we know that the borg have travelled in to other galaxies, even other dimensions (fluidic space). there's no telling how far their actual influence has spread...

Hitman911
Originally posted by Raoul
we know that the borg have travelled in to other galaxies, even other dimensions (fluidic space). there's no telling how far their actual influence has spread... One thing is for sure. They will not stop unless they are either completely eradicated or they achieve victory. I'm sure they could assimilate enough Shiar tech to cause some headache.

Lord Feron
Wouldn't Vulcan be like the worst possible person the borg can fight since he controls all sorts of energies and manipulates all specturms of power?

He can simply use his powers and a billion types of different frequencies (vaguely rememebr that was a borg weakness to adapting). Of Glads can just physically crush them.

Still idk if Vulcan and his IG even with Glads would be able to stop a empire just because the borg is so damn large in number. LAstly Shiar tech if impressive Not the best stuff we seen but I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a virus like they did in Star Trek and free/kill some of the borg. Shair wouldn'thave a problem with killing som many people like the enterprise.

Anyway 7/10 Shiar I have faith!

See tha post above ^ scratch all that and look at the post below (down arrow) lol. I forgot about how dumb the borg can be sometimes.

Endless Mike
Not only is this not allowed, but the Borg are overrated as hell. They're good at adapting to energy weapons, but too much power will just overload them, and they have little to no defense against physical/kinetic attacks (like Gladiator plowing through all of their ships)

Also, from what I have seen, the Shi'ar teleportation technology is far superior to the Borg's transporters, they could teleport nega bombs right onto the Borg homeworlds/unimatrixes from light-years away

Not to mention the Shi'ar control an entire galaxy whereas the Borg control maybe around 1/4th of a galaxy, they have a far weaker industrial base. The Shi'ar also have faster FTL, the Borg rely on a transwarp conduit system in the Milky Way galaxy and if even 1 of their transwarp hubs is destroyed (they only have 6) it gets significantly crippled, to get to the Shi'ar galaxy they would take years to build new transwarp conduits, when the Shi'ar could just invade their space in hours.

In fact the Borg were getting their asses kicked so badly by Species 8472 that they had to beg Voyager for help, and all they had done was destroy a few dozen planets in a matter of weeks (Gladiator alone could do that in a few hours)

Also the Borg are, tactically and strategically speaking, retards.

They send one cube to try to assimilate the Federation. It doesn't work.

So what do they do? They wait 6 years, and then send one cube - again. Yeah - nice "adapting" there, guys roll eyes (sarcastic)

They even let intruders just beam aboard and walk around on their ships as long as they don't do anything "that would be considered a threat" like attack part of the ship or a drone.

That's like letting a random stranger into your house and only calling the cops when he starts taking your money.

Really I am not seeing a way the Shi'ar can lose this

Hitman911
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Not only is this not allowed, but the Borg are overrated as hell. They're good at adapting to energy weapons, but too much power will just overload them, and they have little to no defense against physical/kinetic attacks (like Gladiator plowing through all of their ships)

Also, from what I have seen, the Shi'ar teleportation technology is far superior to the Borg's transporters, they could teleport nega bombs right onto the Borg homeworlds/unimatrixes from light-years away

Not to mention the Shi'ar control an entire galaxy whereas the Borg control maybe around 1/4th of a galaxy, they have a far weaker industrial base. The Shi'ar also have faster FTL, the Borg rely on a transwarp conduit system in the Milky Way galaxy and if even 1 of their transwarp hubs is destroyed (they only have 6) it gets significantly crippled, to get to the Shi'ar galaxy they would take years to build new transwarp conduits, when the Shi'ar could just invade their space in hours.

In fact the Borg were getting their asses kicked so badly by Species 8472 that they had to beg Voyager for help, and all they had done was destroy a few dozen planets in a matter of weeks (Gladiator alone could do that in a few hours)

Also the Borg are, tactically and strategically speaking, retards.

They send one cube to try to assimilate the Federation. It doesn't work.

So what do they do? They wait 6 years, and then send one cube - again. Yeah - nice "adapting" there, guys roll eyes (sarcastic)

They even let intruders just beam aboard and walk around on their ships as long as they don't do anything "that would be considered a threat" like attack part of the ship or a drone.

That's like letting a random stranger into your house and only calling the cops when he starts taking your money.

Really I am not seeing a way the Shi'ar can lose this Good points!! Species 8472 is a beast!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.