Kenpachi Zaraki vs. Byakuya Kuchiki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Two badass captains go all out in the soul society.

Who wins?

ThunderGodEneru
Kenpachi IMO.

yungz22
kenny takes this one

Kris Blaze
Kuchiki's far too versatile.

AverageSavage
Kuchiki takes it

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Kuchiki's far too versatile.

I duoubt Ken-chan would care.

ThunderGodEneru
Kuchiki's far too versatile. Everyone is more versatile than Kenny.

IppoDLuffy
Hmm what would Zaraki do agaainst senbon zakura kageyoshi that would be epic

yungz22
Kenpachi would either blow them away with a two handed swing or take take every one of the cuts those senbon have to offer

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Everyone is more versatile than Kenny.

Versatile, yes, as effective a fighter as Byakuya, no.

Don't know if Kenny's got the flash step ability, that's the only way he's avoiding Senbonzakura Kageyoshi...even he can't take repeated assaults from Byakuya's bankai.

Am I allowed to use ABC logic here stick out tongue?

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Versatile, yes, as effective a fighter as Byakuya, no.

Don't know if Kenny's got the flash step ability, that's the only way he's avoiding Senbonzakura Kageyoshi...even he can't take repeated assaults from Byakuya's bankai.

Am I allowed to use ABC logic here stick out tongue? 1. Kenny is fast enough, not Bankai Ichigo in speed, but he showed in his fight with Noitora to be quick.

2. Can I?

Cause using it.

Byakuya had a hard time with Zommari.

Noitora>>Zommari.

Kenpachi when he got serious destroyed Noitora.

Sure you wanna do that?

Demonic Phoenix
1. Kenny is fast enough, not Bankai Ichigo in speed, but he showed in his fight with Noitora to be quick.

2. Can I?

Cause using it.

Byakuya had a hard time with Zommari.

Noitora>>Zommari.

Kenpachi when he got serious destroyed Noitora.

Sure you wanna do that?

Nope, that's not fast enough to avoid Senbonzakura Kageyoshi's first form. Given that they are projectile-type, you have to be a lot faster to avoid them especially when Byakuya uses his hands.

Yep, Kenpachi nearly beat Ichigo using shikai, Byakuya nearly beat Ichigo using bankai

Ichigo's Bankai>>>>>>>>>>Ichigo's Shikai

Given Zommari's ability when released, it's understandable that Byakuya had a hard time during and after he got released from the control, given that he cut his tendons and all.

ThunderGodEneru
Nope, that's not fast enough to avoid Senbonzakura Kageyoshi's first form. Given that they are projectile-type, you have to be a lot faster to avoid them especially when Byakuya uses his hands.

Yep, Kenpachi nearly beat Ichigo using shikai, Byakuya nearly beat Ichigo using bankai

Ichigo's Bankai>>>>>>>>>>Ichigo's Shikai

Given Zommari's ability when released, it's understandable that Byakuya had a hard time during and after he got released from the control, given that he cut his tendons and all. 1. Right, because he will be able to do so with Kenny rushing him and attacking him head-on? Not even counting his durability.

2. Ichigo had a temporary amp. And that fight was major PIS.

Demonic Phoenix
You're over estimating his durability, he was brought down by Ichigo, Byakuya sure as hell has the guns to bring down Kenpachi.
You're also forgetting the fact that the blades can be used as a shield, a shield which stood up to attacks from Ichigo.

What amp? Gaining the bankai? It is an amp, which works in Byakuya's favor if we're using ABC logic...
By your logic, I could also say that Kenpachi beating Tosen is PIS.

Kris Blaze
I like how Ichigo beat Kenpachi without Ban Kai.

ThunderGodEneru
You're over estimating his durability, he was brought down by Ichigo, Byakuya sure as hell has the guns to bring down Kenpachi.
You're also forgetting the fact that the blades can be used as a shield, a shield which stood up to attacks from Ichigo.

What amp? Gaining the bankai? It is an amp, which works in Byakuya's favor if we're using ABC logic...
By your logic, I could also say that Kenpachi beating Tosen is PIS. 1. Who had a temporary amp he never had again in the series.

Kenpachi hits harder than Ichigo. Ichigo could not hurt Noitora, when Kenny got serious, he did so easily.

3. No, during the fight with Kenny, he gained a temporary amp. And here is a fun fact for you, by the time Kenny got serious, he had already received several grievous wounds. Ichigo was fresh, yet was defeated in Kenny's one blow, and Kenny collapsed from blood loss. There is this thing called "context," which you clearly cannot grasp.

4. Considering most of his feats are at or above that level, nah. smile

And Kris Blaze, I like how Byakuya struggled against the 7th Espada, whereas Kenny killed Noitora in one blow when he got serious.

And it was a draw.

Kris Blaze
And Kris Blaze, I like how Byakuya struggled against the 7th Espada, whereas Kenny killed Noitora in one blow when he got serious.

And it was a draw.

Yeah, you've got like the guy who can control stuff by looking at it. And you've got the guy with 6 arms or so. You see, in that fight context matters.

Ichigo defeated Kenpachi, or they "stalemated" if you wanna call it that, and that's all there is to it. Kenpachi can't fight at all. Byakuya can just shred him with Shi kai.

ThunderGodEneru
Yeah, you've got like the guy who can control stuff by looking at it. And you've got the guy with 6 arms or so. You see, in that fight context matters.

Ichigo defeated Kenpachi, or they "stalemated" if you wanna call it that, and that's all there is to it. Kenpachi can't fight at all. Byakuya can just shred him with Shi kai. 1. Never stopped you from ignoring context with your claim. smile

2. Like here. Ichigo had a temp amp, Kenpachi only fought seriously(and was still using one hand) at the end after already receiving grievous wounds, and took down Ichigo with his one attack, Ichigo's final attack defeated Kenny.

To emphasize the fact that that was not normal Shikai Ichigo, we see that Bankai Ichigo cannot cut Noitora. Kenny, eyepatch on, cut Noitora.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/289/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/289/07/

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/290/11/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/290/12/

Bankai Ichigo could not so much as dent his skin.

Granted, I do not think he was in top form, but still.

Kris Blaze
1. Never stopped you from ignoring context with your claim. smile

2. Like here. Ichigo had a temp amp, Kenpachi only fought seriously(and was still using one hand) at the end after already receiving grievous wounds, and took down Ichigo with his one attack, Ichigo's final attack defeated Kenny.

To emphasize the fact that that was not normal Shikai Ichigo, we see that Bankai Ichigo cannot cut Noitora. Kenny, eyepatch on, cut Noitora.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/289/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/289/07/

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/290/11/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/290/12/

Bankai Ichigo could not so much as dent his skin.

Granted, I do not think he was in top form, but still.

1 - Then you should've picked up on the irrelevance of comparing the two fights. Kenpachi would've been helpless against the Arrancar Byakuya fought.

2 - See, now you're alluding that Ichigo in his shi kai form against Kenpachi, might actually be stronger than Ichigo with ban kai. It's pretty reasonable to assume that Kenpachi's had an increase in strength since his encounter with Ichigo. It's what 100 chapters ago? and he fights non stop.

Regardless of how Kenpachi and Ichigo did against nnoitora it's pointless. Kenpachi most likely wouldn't touch Byakuya, nor would he survive many of his kidou.

Demonic Phoenix
1. Who had a temporary amp he never had again in the series.

Kenpachi hits harder than Ichigo. Ichigo could not hurt Noitora, when Kenny got serious, he did so easily.

3. No, during the fight with Kenny, he gained a temporary amp. And here is a fun fact for you, by the time Kenny got serious, he had already received several grievous wounds. Ichigo was fresh, yet was defeated in Kenny's one blow, and Kenny collapsed from blood loss. There is this thing called "context," which you clearly cannot grasp.

4. Considering most of his feats are at or above that level, nah. smile

And it was a draw.

That 'amp' was a permanent amp, not a temporary one. Which you would have realized had you read the dialogue in the fight properly.

Ichigo had just finished fighting Grimmjow, so, moot point. Also, Nel had nearly beaten Nnoitra prior to him fighting Kenpachi. So that may have had an effect.

Ichigo? Fresh? So you consider a person fresh after they have huge cuts and blood loss? Like you said, it was a draw. Stop contradicting yourself.
You're one of the finest hypocrites on the planet, you cannot grasp context, as shown by how you think Byakuya just struggled in the fight.

Kenpachi was serious long before he decided to use Kendo, get your facts straight.

The only 'feat' he had before engaging Tosen was his draw with Ichigo, and one other that's irrelevant.

@ Kris: It was a stalemate, neither beat the other. Also, saying Byakuya could shred Kenpachi with his shikai is stretching it, Byakuya needs at least his bankai to beat Kenpachi.
And yes, we're not even factoring in Kido here, we all know how effectively and strategically Byakuya can use them.

ThunderGodEneru
1 - Then you should've picked up on the irrelevance of comparing the two fights. Kenpachi would've been helpless against the Arrancar Byakuya fought.

2 - See, now you're alluding that Ichigo in his shi kai form against Kenpachi, might actually be stronger than Ichigo with ban kai. It's pretty reasonable to assume that Kenpachi's had an increase in strength since his encounter with Ichigo. It's what 100 chapters ago? and he fights non stop.

Regardless of how Kenpachi and Ichigo did against nnoitora it's pointless. Kenpachi most likely wouldn't touch Byakuya, nor would he survive many of his kidou. 1. I brought him up because he brought up using A>B>C logic himself. Kenpachi would have been helpless? Why is that? Byakuya broke his spell by cutting his tendons, you don't think Kenny, who had the greatest damage soak in the series, would resort to that?

2. Would he beat his Bankai form? Nah. Did he have more cutting power than his Bankai form? Quite possibly.

Could Kenny have grown stronger? Sure. Then why the hell are you bringing up him fighting Ichigo?

3. No it isn't, it shows that Kenny hits harder than Ichigo for one. Wouldn't touch Byakuya? Why is that? Byakuya is fast, not that fast. Kenny himself showed impressive speed fighting Noitora.

ThunderGodEneru
That 'amp' was a permanent amp, not a temporary one. Which you would have realized had you read the dialogue in the fight properly.

Ichigo had just finished fighting Grimmjow, so, moot point. Also, Nel had nearly beaten Nnoitra prior to him fighting Kenpachi. So that may have had an effect.

Ichigo? Fresh? So you consider a person fresh after they have huge cuts and blood loss? Like you said, it was a draw. Stop contradicting yourself.
You're one of the finest hypocrites on the planet, you cannot grasp context, as shown by how you think Byakuya just struggled in the fight.

Kenpachi was serious long before he decided to use Kendo, get your facts straight.

The only 'feat' he had before engaging Tosen was his draw with Ichigo, and one other that's irrelevant.

@ Kris: It was a stalemate, neither beat the other. Also, saying Byakuya could shred Kenpachi with his shikai is stretching it, Byakuya needs at least his bankai to beat Kenpachi.
And yes, we're not even factoring in Kido here, we all know how effectively and strategically Byakuya can use them. 1. Incorrect, never again was Shikai Ichigo shown to be that powerful. He did better against Kenpachi with the eye-patch, actually besting him, than two other Captains combined did. It was either temporary, or an inconsistency. Or Kenny has gotten much stronger.

2. He was not very injured after the fight with Grimmjow. And Noitora got hit like...Twice, maybe three times by Nel. His power did not diminish at all.

3. Ichigo's wounds were healed when he rose after being nearly killed by Kenny. He was fresh. Byakuya did struggle. What did I say that contradicted something else I said? It was a draw, but with context taken into account, Kenny was still superior.

4. He could have used Kendo at the start of the fight and killed Noitora in one move. He only used it when he had to, and he cut through all eight of Noitora's Zanpakuto with ease while doing so. He was not serious.

5. Does this mean something?

Demonic Phoenix
1. Incorrect, never again was Shikai Ichigo shown to be that powerful. He did better against Kenpachi with the eye-patch, actually besting him, than two other Captains combined did. It was either temporary, or an inconsistency. Or Kenny has gotten much stronger.

2. He was not very injured after the fight with Grimmjow. And Noitora got hit like...Twice, maybe three times by Nel. His power did not diminish at all.

3. Ichigo's wounds were healed when he rose after being nearly killed by Kenny. He was fresh. Byakuya did struggle. What did I say that contradicted something else I said? It was a draw, but with context taken into account, Kenny was still superior.

4. He could have used Kendo at the start of the fight and killed Noitora in one move. He only used it when he had to, and he cut through all eight of Noitora's Zanpakuto with ease while doing so. He was not serious.

5. Does this mean something?

Powerful according to you, which means squat to others not so biased as you. I told you, read the fight, and you'll see that the amp is permanent and not an inconsistency.

He was injured, and burnt out somewhat. That factors into why he could not hurt Nnoitra.

The cuts were still there, therefore he was not healed. The blood loss had just been temporarily stopped. With context? Ichigo will always be or become superior to any opponent he faces. You were contradictory by saying it was Kenpachi won, and then saying it was a draw.

He used it because he realized he would lose had he not used it. That's another thing about Kenpachi, he doesn't bring out the big gun until the end, and against Byakuya, it would be too late. He was serious long before he used Kendo.

Feel free to deduce.

ThunderGodEneru
Powerful according to you, which means squat to others not so biased as you. I told you, read the fight, and you'll see that the amp is permanent and not an inconsistency.

He was injured, and burnt out somewhat. That factors into why he could not hurt Nnoitra.

The cuts were still there, therefore he was not healed. The blood loss had just been temporarily stopped. With context? Ichigo will always be or become superior to any opponent he faces. You were contradictory by saying it was Kenpachi won, and then saying it was a draw.

He used it because he realized he would lose had he not used it. That's another thing about Kenpachi, he doesn't bring out the big gun until the end, and against Byakuya, it would be too late. He was serious long before he used Kendo.

Feel free to deduce. 1. Really? How? So you are saying that Shikai Ichigo at normal levels is more than Captain level. Then why did he not mow through Grimmjow? It is temporary.

2. Show me, granted he was not top form, but not enough to make as big a difference as you are implying.

3. Just checked, you are right, his cuts were just kept from bleeding, which has never happened again in the series, hence the temporary thing. Kenny when he clashed, had lacerations on his chest, shoulders, neck, leg, he was fvcked up. I never said Kenny won, I just said his showing was superior.

4. I know, hence why I said he is not serious. no expression

CIS is generally off in vs. matches.

Terryc250
Seriously, looking at previous battles to judge possible future battles just doesn't work in Bleach.

Hell, didn't Ichigo have to use Hollow mask to beat one of the Privion Espada? When a Bankai was like equal to Byakuya. Then Byakuya beats the 7th espada.

Then the Shikai Ichigo stalemating Kenpachi, while a Hollow Bankai Ichigo was only slightly above 6th espada. Then Kenpachi easily destroying the 5th espada.

Kris Blaze
1. I brought him up because he brought up using A>B>C logic himself. Kenpachi would have been helpless? Why is that? Byakuya broke his spell by cutting his tendons, you don't think Kenny, who had the greatest damage soak in the series, would resort to that?

2. Would he beat his Bankai form? Nah. Did he have more cutting power than his Bankai form? Quite possibly.

Could Kenny have grown stronger? Sure. Then why the hell are you bringing up him fighting Ichigo?

3. No it isn't, it shows that Kenny hits harder than Ichigo for one. Wouldn't touch Byakuya? Why is that? Byakuya is fast, not that fast. Kenny himself showed impressive speed fighting Noitora.

1 - So Kenpachi who is dependent on being able to WALK over to his opponent is going to cut his own tendons? That's a good idea, right? smile

2 - Heh, right.

3 - Only problem is that Byakuya can do most Kidou instantly and makes it nearly impossible for anyone to reach him once he unleashes his ban kai. Damage Soak or not there are PLENTY injuries Kenpachi can't just willpower through. If Byakuya gets his eyes, his throat, tendons, biceps. Byakuya could force senbonsakura DOWN Kenpachi's throat.

I am who I am
This would be one of the best fights...EVER! Byakuya is fast but Kenpachi can take a hit. I really can't say who will win, Kenpachi kinda beat Ichigo and Byakuya kinda lost.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by I am who I am
This would be one of the best fights...EVER! Byakuya is fast but Kenpachi can take a hit. I really can't say who will win, Kenpachi kinda beat Ichigo and Byakuya kinda lost.

And Ichigo kinda had Ban kai + hollow form.

I am who I am
And Ichigo kinda had Ban kai + hollow form. And I'm pretty sure after that event wit Kenpachi, he learned how to treat his Zanpakutō and started trainin' correctly. If Kenpachi was still the same Ichigo wouldn't be runnin' from him er time he wanted a challenge.

It is officialy stated in the "The Bleach Official Bootleg Databook".

"...his spiritual pressure is such that, even when wearing the energy-sealing eyepatch, Kenpachi can fight on-par with other captain-level opponents, even when they release their zanpakutō in either shikai or bankai form."

This means this guy can fight a Bankai level foe wit his eye patch still on. If this guy knew Bankai or Shikai, he would be THEE STRONGEST Soul Reaper.

Nemesis X
Kenpachi and Byakuya would've fought that one time but that damn Gin dragged Ken away. Evil white haired ******.

ThunderGodEneru
1 - So Kenpachi who is dependent on being able to WALK over to his opponent is going to cut his own tendons? That's a good idea, right? smile

2 - Heh, right.

3 - Only problem is that Byakuya can do most Kidou instantly and makes it nearly impossible for anyone to reach him once he unleashes his ban kai. Damage Soak or not there are PLENTY injuries Kenpachi can't just willpower through. If Byakuya gets his eyes, his throat, tendons, biceps. Byakuya could force senbonsakura DOWN Kenpachi's throat. 1. Walk? Kenny runs nub. And if Byakuya can affored to cut his tendons, then the character with the best damage-soak in the series can.

2. K

3. His Kidou, while powerful, is not enough to bring down Kenny, who caught the friggin 5th Espada's Cero in his hand like a baseball. Kenny has done all that and more, he does not just have damage soak, he has durability, physical strength, and speed, although it is less than Byakuya's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.