Sorry if I offend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Talion_Justice
Let me try to clear a few things up about me.

I like giving people a hard time. But I wont do it unless someone starts in on me. So...if I offend someone, tell me and I will smooth it out. However, don't approach me like you all are a big chiken house where everyone plays nice till they see blood then everyone attacks at once. I would hate to think this place refuses to respect someone until they have several thousand posts. Show me the respect due me simply by being human, and I will do the same.

And also. I am not a girl. I am a guy. I am not sure of the confusion, but I wanted to clear that up too. Are we cool? I hope so, and I also hope I can look forward to a long, healthy relation to this forum.

Fare well.

Bad Boy
Okie Dokie! Keep posting!

Ushgarak
You don't need several thousand posts around here to be liked and appreicated as many, many others can tell you but you did come in with attitude likely to cause offence.

I am sure things will be ok now; if you have any complaints please PM me with them.

Gundark
Oh we all pick on each other a bit here and there, justice...

I think you'll find most people here pretty easy to get along with.

Talion_Justice
Deal. Thank you.

Catch 22
Torture Gundy, don't forget the torture...

Fitch
ok man.I didn't had any problems with you.pretty agressive attitude there chummy...

Tex
You shouldn't have to walk on egg shells around here.

I didn't think you said anyting remotely offensive, and I still dont understand why a couple of people got their thongs in a knot.

Say what you want and if some people get pissed, that's their problem.

You've only been posting a couple of days and your already infamous.cool

Bad Boy
Am I infamous? I wanna be infamous!!! Is that good?

Fire
okie I seem to have missed this fight

Talion_Justice
Thanx again Tex. I appreciate the back-up. I have a tendancy to speak my mind too much, so I will try to find a happy medium.

Ushgarak
An opinion only and not a helpful one. You were not one of the ones aggrieved by whay appeared to be an unpleasant attitude.

I want to make this clear- do NOT listen to Tex. Never, EVER post without thinking about the effect it will have an other people. People who start to post without caring who they piss off WILL receive warnings.

Bad Boy
Well isn't that a bit insulting to Tex? If no one is allowed to listen to him what is the point in him posting?

Besides, Tex is always right.... unless he's talking about Michael Bay!

Ushgarak
Not insulting to Tex at all. He was favouring an attitude that is not acceptable around here. People are perfectly free to listen to posts, just asking for some consideration to be made when posting is hardly too much to ask.

I want to make something clear; attitudes of certain posters HAVE been a problem lately- there have been complaints and people leaving due to thoughtless and irritating posts. I have to deal with these complaints and I find them reasonable. Thoughtless attitudes to posting must stop.

Bad Boy
Fair enough but I happen to agree with Tex! I'm sure he doesn't mean its ok to call other members ****ing twats and stuff (No attempt to be nasty there!).

What he is trying to say is that TJ shouldn't really feel restricted on some of the opinions he wants to share.

Bad Boy
BTW, who's been causing problems?

Ushgarak
And nor was I and as I didn;t take any action against TJ I didn;t feel it was excessive, but there WERE some people understandably aggrieved whether you see that or not.

"Say what you want and if some people get pissed, that's their problem."

No. Absolutely not. Post with consideration. And you can do that without having to tread on eggshells

Ushgarak
And I am not here to single out posters, just to make my thoughts clear here.

Talion_Justice
I see both sides and I agree with both. Ushgarak, I will not post carelessly, or try to offend. However, as I think Tex and Bad Boy were stating, I want to feel free to express my own views and opinions. I think I can meet both guidelines without too much trouble. No worries, okay?

Bad Boy
Okie dokie! Your the boss!

Ushgarak
No worries at all. And not to get at Tex either who I am sure was only speaking with hyperbole but I did need to make that point clear, just in case.

Talion_Justice
Dually noted, mon capitan

Bad Boy
Where would we be without good old Ush?

Ushgarak
Oooh, ooh, I know this one...

It's happier, isn't it?

Bad Boy
Ha Ha!!

Ushgarak
More content? Satisfied? No, too conceptual.

I know! The pub!

ToMacco
What? Did someone say pub? I'm buyin'!

I have an opinon on this matter, but since it already seems resolved, I will not bring up old shit.

finti
You have to think before posting

BackFire349
you sure dont follow that rule.

finti
look who is talking roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fire
hihi, To if you're buying I'm coming

BackFire349
i never said i followed that rule either big grin

finti
you dont have to say it

Fitch
finti at u're post number,you should have had 80 years old to make the thinking at all of u're posts

Dexx
T_J..hope we'll get allong in the future...
it's just that promissing character deffining remarks seem pretty energetic and usually don't last long...my oppinion

Gundark
Yes, it is important to consider what you are posting in order to avoid personally offending others.

Now if you've been here a while and you know a little bit about the other posters it is of course typical to tease each other.

Like people tease me about my age, we tease queeq about windmills and wooden shoes, Mech about pillows, finti about horns on viking helmets and the like, just for a few examples. Thats pretty harmless stuff.

But hardcore personal attacks will not be tolerated. They will be dealt with by hanging at dawn. Preferably after 16 hours of slow torture. Orchestrated by myself of course and approved in writing by Lord Raz.

evil face

Catch 22
Finti has the horn!!!!!! eek!

Fitch
oh...thx for the tip Gundy.I was close....

finti
and guess where that horn is aimed

Bad Boy
Finti is hoping his ass!

finti
there is a diffrence between hoping and being damn sure

Bad Boy
So where is it being aimed then?

finti
I said guess

Tex
Poor defenseless Keiko?

Fitch
hope not me....

finti
Tex are you calling Catch 22 for Keiko ( Keiko is the new name for Willy the Orca that needed three movies to be free.

Dexx
keiko, eh...... why wasn't i notiffied?

Tex
That Keiko is a total diva!
I hear it doesn't want anything to do with the other whales!
Starring in 3 Hollywood blockbuster would turn anyone into a premadonna!

I think Keiko would look good on some Norweigan dinner table evil face

and no I wasn't calling Catch22 a whale, but he is a total diva though! wink

mah
...I missed all this...

Tex
Yeah.
Where were you anyways?
You were gone for like a week!

mah
yeah. visiting family for christmas

finti

mah
funny but not so funny. I was in eastern norway.

finti
or Sweden as it also is called

mah
not that far east, fortunately

finti
puh, got me worried there. Dont need no renegade westerner

Tex
laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Sorry mah, but that was really funny embarrasment

mah
hmf! I'm sure I could've made it funnier! stick out tongue

finti
yeah by telling him the truth about the actuall distance being 47 miles

mah
ok..that was pretty good.

Tex
What is the population of Norway?

mah
about 4,3 millions..or so

Ushgarak
It's ridiculously sparse.

Tex
OMG, Dallas' greater area has a little more than 5 mil.

Finti wasn't kidding about that 40 mile joke!laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I think it is about twice the surface area of the UK but with less then a tenth of the population.

Then again, the UK is a very dense country. I think only Japan is more crowded.

mah
well there's lots of mountains and such where there's obviously not too crowded.

isn't The Netherlands more denseely populated than UK?

Ushgarak
Could well be. Certainly the part of it that is above water,

Tex
I can see that London is jam packed, but what about that vast open English country side?

Surely you cant be that crowdedconfused

Doesn't Norway have one of the highest standards of living in the world?

mah
yeah, I think the highest, or maybe 2nd.

Tex
Everybody in Floro has a gamecube?wink

mah
no, many have a Playstation2 insteadwink

Tex
So many people in Floro have no taste then?wink

Ushgarak
London has a ridiculously large amount of people in it considering its size and archaic design, yeah, but the 'vast swathes' of English countryside are almost non-existent compared to the real major countrysides of the world in places like Russia or even the US.

To compare, the US has a land area of 9167 thousand square kilometres. The UK has 242. With forty times the surface area, the US only has five times the population. The UK is pretty full, really.

But that said I just looked it up and it seems the UK only comes 28th on the population density list. Humm... and Japan is only 20th... Heck! Belgium is 19th!

mah
who won?

Ushgarak
Technically Monaco. But these piddly one-city places and small islands cheat, really, so I would knock it down at least down to number eight, Bangladesh.

Tex
Belgium #19?
Poor Yerssot was probably elbowed into the English channel and drowned!laughing out loud

mah
and which spot did norway have?big grin

Tex

Ushgarak
Gee, I am not checking into four figures...!

Actually, this list only goes to 28. And it has West Germany in.

Hmm, the small problem in using my old school Geography textbook has become apparent.

Tex
Ush has been distributing outdated information!
How embarassing!

Ushgarak
It's true, it's true, I've done a bad thing...

I am sure the general principle holds. I bet it is Scotland that drags the UK down the list.

Gundark
Ush using OUTDATED INFORMATION ????

I'm shocked.

I'll have to revoke his license to pontificate.

Ushgarak
You need to get the right authorisation form for that.

Gundark
*goes digging in Raz's filing cabinet*

What a mess. How DOES he find anything in here ?

Ushgarak
He uses a form to requisition the filing index.

Gundark
Bloody bureaucratic red tape double talk gobbledygook.........

Ushgarak
That's the spirit.

Gundark
I'm going to burn this filing cabinet.

*gets out flamethrower*

Don't tell Raz.

mah
oh Raz, Raaaaaz!

Gundark
After everything I've done for you, mah. Defending Grover left and right !! And this is the thanks I get !

*throws Mech's pillow at mah* Take that ! Mech will never miss it. At least until tonight.....*squints up at sky*

finti

Gundark
Well thank you Mr. Information. cool

Catch 22
You'd better believe it!!!

Gundark
I thought Keiko was the whale. stick out tongue

mah
sowwy..don't think raz noticed anyways, he seems to be far away

Tex
laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Hilarious!!!
Your Floro jokes get better and better!!

You should go on your own Norweigan Comedy Tour!

(Sorry Mah) embarrasment

mah
well I'm not too impressed. if they had any roots in reality, then maybe

finti
oh but they do

mah
nah

mechmoggy
Woa woa woa woa woa!!

Who threw my pillow? mad

Gundark
The pillow police did. You took that tags off and weren't supposed to.

Fitch
now it's at the pound.......

Dim
What the Pillow Pound? Do they burn then after a week?

Fitch
surely.....

mechmoggy
*Runs to pillow pound*

Ushgarak
Fun as it is... this thread all done, I feel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.