Batman v Professor X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Valerian
okay I know px is a little broken but can he handle his nightmares?

Battlehammer
.....what

Broken Warrior
Batman tips him out of his chair. The end.

BlackZero30x
BATMAN!

LOSES 10000000000000/10

Battlehammer
PX can walk now.....and would mind rape the shit out of batman

KingD19
Yeah, that doesn't even make sense.

chomperx9
xavier would screw with bruces head making him think his parents are still alive and make him go back to his life before batman

Battlehammer
I think the thread maker may have been wondering if Proffessor X could deal with batman mind, like walk around in it relive his night mares ect.

KingD19
Ahhh, then yes, Xavier's mind has been exposed to things so far wortse then Batmans psyche, that it's ridiculous to compare them.

Battlehammer
yea like wolverine and sabertooths mind

Valerian

KingD19
Didn't that happen in Justice League the cartoon?
If I remember correctly, he was going through hell to stay awake, drinking huge amounts of coffee, blasting his radio, punching open the glass so the wind would keep him up, etc...

Valerian
Originally posted by Battlehammer
yea like wolverine and sabertooths mind

lol

Valerian
Originally posted by KingD19
Ahhh, then yes, Xavier's mind has been exposed to things so far wortse then Batmans psyche, that it's ridiculous to compare them.

yeah his name was Nightmare if I'm not mistaken

Valerian
Didn't that happen in Justice League the cartoon?
If I remember correctly, he was going through hell to stay awake, drinking huge amounts of coffee, blasting his radio, punching open the glass so the wind would keep him up, etc...

yeah beacause if he fell asleep then Dr. destiny would have no trouble getting into his mind

Valerian
I realize it's a cartoon but it's not as off track as the movies so I assumed it was at least admissible

TricksterPriest
Batman has a remarkably ****ed up psyche when you think about it. Especially given what happened in FC........

I'm pretty sure Xavier would win, but Wolverine and Sabertooth are not half as disturbed as Batman.

Grinning Goku
Is this pre-crisis Xavier?

KingD19
I wasn't stating Justice League Animated isn't acceptable, I was just seeing if I remembered correctly, because he would be an awesome villain if he was in the comics, he might be, I'm not sure. I actually love JLA, and JLU, and I think they should be considered canon if they aren't.

Valerian
I wasn't stating Justice League Animated isn't acceptable, I was just seeing if I remembered correctly, because he would be an awesome villain if he was in the comics, he might be, I'm not sure. I actually love JLA, and JLU, and I think they should be considered canon if they aren't.

okay sweet deal I was also just clarifying i think this one is done

one more thing just a little PIS I realized that batman was prepared for anything that anyone could through his way he had Kyptonite for when Amazo was screwing everyone over he had the powers of all the JLA and this just goes to show that batman has a plan. So back to PIS Batman in the Marvel universe is prepared with Magneto's helm or at least a Batman invented version

KingD19
Well, under normal circumstances it would be PIS, but Batman is a human in the most powerful fighting force on the planet. He thinks like a human, and he knows that if only a few of the JL went rogue, only he could stop them. And he's had time to study their weaknesses and what not, so I think because of the considerable time they put into Batman being the person he is, I think it works for him.

And if you're asking if Batman created a helmet like Magneto to help him keep his mind safe. I think he might have, just because of the number of telepaths in DC. He could also probably do it through sheer training, since Magneto has blocked TP assaults without his helmet.

Battlehammer
that was becauses of mags power........and there no way in hell batman could block prof x.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Batman has a remarkably ****ed up psyche when you think about it. Especially given what happened in FC........

I'm pretty sure Xavier would win, but Wolverine and Sabertooth are not half as disturbed as Batman.
pleases tell me your kidding.....................

if not you clearly have no idea what your talking about.

being in batman mind would be a walk in the park next to wolverine or sabertooth

KingD19
You didn't read my whole post when I said Batman could do it through training since Magneto did the same thing. His powers don't block TP, it is intense training and willpower that allow him to resist telepaths, and the helmet helps.

psycho gundam
if batman actually got some blood on his hands, he might know a taste of what logan has to carry along with him all the time.

KingD19
Yeah, Logan and Creed's death counts are through the roof. Plus they've been experimented on, tortured, Wolverine killed his own father, and watched as the love of his life was killed. Actually, just about every woman Logan loves dies, with the exception of Desthstrike. Logan even had a piece of his soul ripped out to make a sword, and he has to fight the angel of death and win if he wants to return to his body.

Battlehammer
You didn't read my whole post when I said Batman could do it through training since Magneto did the same thing. His powers don't block TP, it is intense training and willpower that allow him to resist telepaths, and the helmet helps.

No it his powers he explain it, hell he even been shown with telepathy him self.

and the helmet completely blocks TP.

batman can not do it through train. Logan had training massive amounts, he has built up scar tissue, mental blocks, and a ****ing up mind and still x gets it. There is no reason to think batman could do it.

KingD19
Show me where he stated his tp resistance is part of his magnetic abilities. His training is similar to the tp resistance that Xavier teaches his own students. Resisting telepaths is possible if you have the training and the will. Batman has the will, I think it's possible.

Badabing
Batman's been shown to block some passive TP to conceal himself from being scanned in the shadows. But the person doesn't know he's there. If it's an all out assault on his mind from someone as power as Prof X then it's an entirely different scenario.

Warrior18
Within the context of the comic book world Batman's mind is almost certainly a messed up and deeply disturbing place. Him not being a killer doesn't invalidate him in any way when compared to Creed etc.

After all he was chosen over a whole slew of characters within his DC universe to wield a Sinestro ring was he not? It was focused on his sheer ability to evoke fear. Pretty messed up to moi. erm

edit. not that Bruce can win here IMO.

Battlehammer
Go look through the respect thread magneto him self has TP, which explains his naturealy resistences.

You think Batman can train him self to Block out a telepath who can enter wolverines mind, a mind who had ton's of training in TP defenses, one who has one of the best will powers, one who has built up scaring used as TP blockers, and has implanted TP blocks as well as a scatter mind...........just think about what your saying here.

oh and lets not forgett who on mutation grants him TP resistences

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Warrior18
Within the context of the comic book world Batman's mind is almost certainly a messed up and deeply disturbing place. Him not being a killer doesn't invalidate him in any way when compared to Creed etc.

After all he was chosen over a whole slew of characters within his DC universe to wield a Sinestro ring was he not? It was focused on his sheer ability to evoke fear. Pretty messed up to moi. erm

yea that way more messed up then a phycho killer he only thinks about raping women, then ripping there skinn off slowly in front of people and eating them.......amoung other things.......

batman might have a messed up mind, but next to wolverine and sabertooth it really nothing.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Badabing
Batman's been shown to block some passive TP to conceal himself from being scanned in the shadows. But the person doesn't know he's there. If it's an all out assault on his mind from someone as power as Prof X then it's an entirely different scenario.
true that. I believe batman has TP resistences, but not enough to stop anyone of Prof X caliber.

Warrior18
yea that way more messed up then a phycho killer he only thinks about raping women, then ripping there skinn off slowly in front of people and eating them.......amoung other things.......

batman might have a messed up mind, but next to wolverine and sabertooth it really nothing.

Obviously the whole concept is kind of dumb, I agree, but comics are crazy like that. Im assuming the ring sought him out over the likes of Black Adam or the Jocker. lol. Those two alone evoke tremendous fear and are messed up by the bucket load.

Based on that alone (even though he is a good guy who doesn't kill) I would say he could be.

TricksterPriest
The Sinestro Corp ring alone is proof of how scary Batman is to people, but what about Arkham? When Dr. Destiny started brining the nightmares of the inmates to life, guess who they all feared?

The goddamn Batman.

Battlehammer
Obviously the whole concept is kind of dumb, I agree, but comics are crazy like that. Im assuming the ring sought him out over the likes of Black Adam or the Jocker. lol. Those two alone evoke tremendous fear and are messed up by the bucket load.

Based on that alone (even though he is a good guy who doesn't kill) I would say he could be.

I doubt that greatly. That one event does not trump wolverine and sabertooth entire history of being completely ****ed in the head. Also batman could simply have been chosen becuases he fear, not becuases his mind is the most screwed up.

hell sabertooth is one of the most fear villains in the marvel universes and he not even that power, Logan had the x-men scared shitless even though they could kick his ass. Theses to are just nuts. There minds are a mess, it filled with blood shed, eating people, rape, just things I don't believe batman has at all in his mind and memories.

Prof X seen the inside of wolverine and sabertooth mind, there no way that batman mind has anything new for him or would even bother him after tasting the minds of to insane individuals.

Battlehammer
The Sinestro Corp ring alone is proof of how scary Batman is to people, but what about Arkham? When Dr. Destiny started brining the nightmares of the inmates to life, guess who they all feared?

The goddamn Batman.
so what? what does that have to do with his mind being the worst? absolutly nothing.

also tells me villains in dc are pussies.

Badabing
true that. I believe batman has TP resistences, but not enough to stop anyone of Prof X caliber. Neither do I.

Batman's head is a mess but I would think Logan's mind is at least as disturbing.

Battlehammer
Neither do I.

Batman's head is a mess but I would think Logan's mind is at least as disturbing.
right, and that whole extra memories in shit, must be a mess.

I truthfully think sabertooth mind must be the worst the dude is insane.

Badabing
right, and that whole extra memories in shit, must be a mess.

I truthfully think sabertooth mind must be the worst the dude is insane. Don't really know a lot about Sabes' psychology .

Heh, I'd like so see Prof X inside Joker's head. I think that would test him.

jokawer

Battlehammer
sabertooth mind is full of torturing and raping woman lol

Warrior18
I doubt that greatly. That one event does not trump wolverine and sabertooth entire history of being completely ****ed in the head. Also batman could simply have been chosen becuases he fear, not becuases his mind is the most screwed up.

hell sabertooth is one of the most fear villains in the marvel universes and he not even that power, Logan had the x-men scared shitless even though they could kick his ass. Theses to are just nuts. There minds are a mess, it filled with blood shed, eating people, rape, just things I don't believe batman has at all in his mind and memories.

Prof X seen the inside of wolverine and sabertooth mind, there no way that batman mind has anything new for him or would even bother him after tasting the minds of to insane individuals.

I would speculate that causing that kind of fear means one could very well be messed up. It is a pretty mad feat when you think about it.

As a side note Logan, Joker, Creed and Batman terrifying the general population more so than other guys is kind of silly anyway.If I lived in either universe I would be far more concerned with the likes of Sentry, Magneto or Black Adam etc. *shrugs*

Anyway Xavier mind rapes 10/10

Battlehammer
I would speculate that causing that kind of fear means one could very well be messed up. It is a pretty mad feat when you think about it.
true, but not nessarly means he that messed up. He symbolizes peoples fears, but he himself does not need to by derrange for him to achieve this.

As a side note Logan, Joker, Creed and Batman terrifying the general population more so than other guys is kind of silly anyway.If I lived in either universe I would be far more concerned with the likes of Sentry, Magneto or Black Adam etc. *shrugs*

Anyway Xavier mind rapes 10/10
yes, but I understand why. Batman uses peoples on fears against them attacking them phycologically Joker is crazy and will toture you if he gets you and walks around like a lone. Sabertooth it blood thirty 24/7. He always trying to ripp people to shreds and let them slowly bleed out. wolverine will gut you with out a second though and both he and sabertooth empthy plays a real effect on others.

sentry crazy so magento, but there just not scary in the same way. sure they can kill you, but it be fast. They don't messes with minds they just mad powerful.

Battlehammer
mad typos my bad, if you can't get the gist I will retype it lol

horrorwolf
Well I'd add X might want to steer clear from Deadpool's mind as well.

Kris Blaze

You don't know what you are talking about.

Sabretooth's committed necrophilia amongst plenty of other stuff.

His psyche is so much more worse than Batman's I can't even begin to describe it.

Warrior18

yes, but I understand why. Batman uses peoples on fears against them attacking them phycologically Joker is crazy and will toture you if he gets you and walks around like a lone. Sabertooth it blood thirty 24/7. He always trying to ripp people to shreds and let them slowly bleed out. wolverine will gut you with out a second though and both he and sabertooth empthy plays a real effect on others.

sentry crazy so magento, but there just not scary in the same way. sure they can kill you, but it be fast. They don't messes with minds they just mad powerful.

It's a wonder anyone there has the balls to leave their houses every morning. wink

Valerian
Go look through the respect thread magneto him self has TP, which explains his naturealy resistences.

You think Batman can train him self to Block out a telepath who can enter wolverines mind, a mind who had ton's of training in TP defenses, one who has one of the best will powers, one who has built up scaring used as TP blockers, and has implanted TP blocks as well as a scatter mind...........just think about what your saying here.

oh and lets not forgett who on mutation grants him TP resistences

dude wolverine was letting Xavier into his mind. duh

psycho gundam
Neither do I.

Batman's head is a mess but I would think Logan's mind is at least as disturbing. oh it is, and one of the only things that kept him "human" all these years is logan's fear of turning into sabretooth.

sabretooth pretty much lost all of his humanity, batman's nowhere near that level of psychosis, especially since he can still pull of being bruce wayne.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Valerian
dude wolverine was letting Xavier into his mind. duh
prox has shut logan mind off before.....with out logan say so.

Mindset
I wonder what Deadpool's mind would be like.

Battlehammer
him running around chasing a rabit

Mindset
Not nearly violent enough.

Battlehammer
with a machine gun......lol

Battlehammer
or a rabbit chasing him, who has a machine gun and trying to ripp his balls off?

Mindset
Throw in some big boobed girls and that's probably about right.

I-Drop

I'm pretty sure Xavier would win, but Wolverine and Sabertooth are not half as disturbed as Batman. Yeah they are. They've both done some pretty horrible shit. Batman's the sanest mothafuka on earth compared to them. If Bats was to enter Sabes mind for 2 minutes, he'd spend the rest of his life in a padded room eating his own shit. When Sabes dies, they gonna have to create a special Hell just for him.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by I-Drop
Yeah they are. They've both done some pretty horrible shit. Batman's the sanest mothafuka on earth compared to them. If Bats was to enter Sabes mind for 2 minutes, he'd spend the rest of his life in a padded room eating his own shit. When Sabes dies, they gonna have to create a special Hell just for him.

I'm sorry to break this to you.

But Sabretooth's dead man sad

godking
No it his powers he explain it, hell he even been shown with telepathy him self.

and the helmet completely blocks TP.

batman can not do it through train. Logan had training massive amounts, he has built up scar tissue, mental blocks, and a ****ing up mind and still x gets it. There is no reason to think batman could do it. Doom has been able to block prof X and the white queen through willpower alone . Given time batman could probably tdo it as well since his willpower is at least equal to that of doctor doom

Battlehammer
Originally posted by godking
Doom has been able to block prof X and the white queen through willpower alone . Given time batman could probably tdo it as well since his willpower is at least equal to that of doctor doom
show evidences of this I love to see it.

Batman will power is no stronger then wolverines, nor does he have wolverines training, or mental blockers, or scaring. and professor x easily KO him with TP.......to think batman can withstand it is bias wishful thinking with really nothing to stand on.

Starscream M

Batman will power is no stronger then wolverines, nor does he have wolverines training, or mental blockers, or scaring. and professor x easily KO him with TP.......to think batman can withstand it is bias wishful thinking with really nothing to stand on. hahaha...batman mind is far stronger than logan's.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
hahaha...batman mind is far stronger than logan's.
no it really isent. He smarter, but he deos not have superior will power.

pleases I love to see why you came to your conclusion. I know why I cam to mine and it based of years of comics of Logan deminstrating crazy will power

wannabe
hahaha...batman mind is far stronger than logan's.
That's moot and actually rather irrelevant. If a high end telepath really puts his mind on the task (no pun intended) mere strong will won't be enough to stop him.
Example: Magneto being mind wiped by Xavier, Logan turned into a "little girl" by Frost

Starscream M
no it really isent. He smarter, but he deos not have superior will power.

pleases I love to see why you came to your conclusion. I know why I cam to mine and it based of years of comics of Logan deminstrating crazy will power batman made a comeback after being paralyzed...that takes insane willpower

Battlehammer
Originally posted by wannabe
That's moot and actually rather irrelevant. If a high end telepath really puts his mind on the task (no pun intended) mere strong will won't be enough to stop him.
Example: Magneto being mind wiped by Xavier, Logan turned into a "little girl" by Frost
it was cassandra nova

Battlehammer
batman made a comeback after being paralyzed...that takes insane willpower
Logan has been stated has sustaining his body through force of will alone......for years........

Starscream M
Logan has been stated has sustaining his body through force of will alone......for years........ no, logan's hf has been sustaining his body. stop making up stuff roll eyes (sarcastic)

Battlehammer
no, logan's hf has been sustaining his body. stop making up stuff roll eyes (sarcastic)

Im not it was stated on pannel. ALso he dident have a healing factor for a long while due to injuries he recieved.

you really wanna say I am making something up? remeber last time you said that you look like an utter idiot. or must I remind you of the blood clot insidences, hell i think i still have what you said save on my computer it makes me chuckle.

wannabe
Example: Magneto being mind wiped by Xavier, Logan turned into a "little girl" by Frost it was cassandra nova
It was a part of Cassy manipulating Emma to do it.
But actually it doesn't matter in this discussion, cause whether it was Cassy or Emma, both ways support my point.

Battlehammer
it was cassandra nova
It was a part of Cassy manipulating Emma to do it.
But actually it doesn't matter in this discussion, cause whether it was Cassy or Emma, both ways support my point.
really I could have sworn it was cassandra. becuases wolverine figure out it was cassandra and we see him at a door behind her and his claws come out and the next pannel we see him he acting like a little girl.

Starscream M
Im not it was stated on pannel. ALso he dident have a healing factor for a long while due to injuries he recieved.

you really wanna say I am making something up? remeber last time you said that you look like an utter idiot. or must I remind you of the blood clot insidences, hell i think i still have what you said save on my computer it makes me chuckle. how could logan's mind sustain his body...that makes absolutely no sense, even for you that's pretty pathetic argument

Battlehammer
how could logan's mind sustain his body...that makes absolutely no sense, even for you that's pretty pathetic argument
lol coming from the guy who just tried using batman coming out of being paralized through force of will......your such a hypocrit...and as always a waste of time

Starscream M
lol coming from the guy who just tried using batman coming out of being paralized through force of will......your such a hypocrit...and as always a waste of time actually, you might try reading before commenting...I never said batman willed himself to recover from paralysis

I see you've put your foot in your mouth again!

Battlehammer
batman made a comeback after being paralyzed...that takes insane willpower

whats this masterbruces? like I said your a hypocrit.

Starscream M
whats this masterbruces? like I said your a hypocrit. I never said he willed himself to heal from paralysis

that was his body healing itself

I said he willed himself mentally to become batman again...duh

Lord Feron
Still don't understand how having people fear you is a sign of mental instability and resistance...

Anyway X wipes his mind and batman is no more but only Bruce wayne and now maybe he can be a pimp like Stark.

wannabe
really I could have sworn it was cassandra. becuases wolverine figure out it was cassandra and we see him at a door behind her and his claws come out and the next pannel we see him he acting like a little girl.
You are right about that incident. But i was talking about the one in Astonishing X-Men, when Emma mentally recreated the Hellfire Club and defeated all the X-Men, including Logan, to free Cassandra's mind from Stuff. That urge was a last "gift" from Cassy before Emma trapped her in Stuff, but it was not Cassy herself. Yet i have to admit, that Emma didn't turn Logan into a little girl, but into a little child, frightened by the Beast.
However, it even further proves my point by adding another example:
If a high end telepath really puts his mind on the task (no pun intended) mere strong will won't be enough to stop him.
Xavier did it with Mags.
Cassy did it with Logan.
Emma did it with Logan.

Kris Blaze
Kid Omega did it with Logan.

FrothByte
Insane will power doesn't necessarily mean having the ability to block against telepathy. it might work for a while, but against someone of X's ability, i doubt batman will survive.

people who say batman has "enough will power" or that he can do it through sheer training are just fanboys refusing to admit batman's defeat.

chomperx9
only thing batman can do to protect himself from xavier as if manhunter put a psychic block in bats head.

Mindset
Doom has been able to block prof X and the white queen through willpower alone . Given time batman could probably tdo it as well since his willpower is at least equal to that of doctor doom Doom has probably the best willpower in DC/Marvel

Mindset
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Still don't understand how having people fear you is a sign of mental instability and resistance...

It isn't

D_Dude1210
Proff X should just make Batman believe he's just a little kid and that the Prof is his dad and that he should give im all his money. big grin

godking

Batman will power is no stronger then wolverines, nor does he have wolverines training, or mental blockers, or scaring. and professor x easily KO him with TP.......to think batman can withstand it is bias wishful thinking with really nothing to stand on. firwt issue of dark reign Doom blocks Emma frost from reading his mind.

He does the same to prof X who states on panel that dooms willpower is to strong to control.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom has probably the best willpower in DC/Marvel

occultdestroyer
Doom has probably the best willpower in DC/Marvel
Yet he has not accomplished world domination.

He could only conquer Latveria.
Wakanda would destroy him and his puny army.

Mindset
Originally posted by occultdestroyer

Wakanda would destroy him and his puny army. And yet again here you are talking outta your ass. smile

He has accomplished world domination and more, try again. thumb up

Not that that had anything at all to do with my post anyway.

Lord Feron

c'mon wtf are you talking about confused

Juntai
Doom has probably the best willpower in DC/Marvel completely subjective.

GalacticStorm
Prof X

Juntai
Batman has training from Martian Manhunter on resisting telepathy.

When other members of the league got controlled by The Key, Batman resisted rather easily.

In Spectre volume 3, Batman overcame one of Spectre's godlike enemies from a higher plane through sheer will.

The Lump, in Final Crisis.

How many examples of will are we asking for here?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman has training from Martian Manhunter on resisting telepathy.

When other members of the league got controlled by The Key, Batman resisted rather easily.

In Spectre volume 3, Batman overcame one of Spectre's godlike enemies from a higher plane through sheer will.

The Lump, in Final Crisis.

How many examples of will are we asking for here?

Resistance to mind control doesnt equate to immunity from telepathic attack.

Someone could have the willpower to resist having their mind dominated but if a Telepath just blasted them with a psi bolt then thats a completely different matter.

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Resistance to mind control doesnt equate to immunity from telepathic attack.

Someone could have the willpower to resist having their mind dominated but if a Telepath just blasted them with a psi bolt then thats a completely different matter. Correct, but I was reading what others were talking about with willpower compared to other characters. Batman is at the top of the totem pole with only a few others in that regard.

Besides, the thread seemed to be vague from the start, and seemed to be if he could take on Batman's pysche and will, which in theory, I believe he possibly could, but in application, has been tried many times, always resulting in failure, that I can recall offhand.

ExodusCloak
firwt issue of dark reign Doom blocks Emma frost from reading his mind.

He does the same to prof X who states on panel that dooms willpower is to strong to control.

Umm no it was a warning to not even try to break his psi-shields, and further on into the issue Norman says Doom has a bunch magical and tech built into his armour to prevent intruisions.

Mutant teenager Natalie X wtfpwned Doom telepathically recently in Millars run by placing him in an illusion loop which he should have broken out of...since he's Doom. But he didn't and was captured and hooked up to a machine after that.

Mindset
Originally posted by Juntai
completely subjective. Nope

I-Drop
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I'm sorry to break this to you.

But Sabretooth's dead man sad Shit! I do remember reading that somewhere now. Thanks for the reminder. I never was into DC and after One More Day I don't really fuk w/Marvel anymore either. I've been out of the X-Men loop since Beast started looking all stupid. Point still stands though. Bats is mildly disturbed. Sabes was a psycho

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by I-Drop
Shit! I do remember reading that somewhere now. Thanks for the reminder. I never was into DC and after One More Day I don't really fuk w/Marvel anymore either. I've been out of the X-Men loop since Beast started looking all stupid. Point still stands though. Bats is mildly disturbed. Sabes was a psycho

Yeah, worst part is that Sabretooth didn't really go down swinging either. He was losing control of himself and they took a REAL cop out. Let me know if you wanna hear how it ended :/

psycho gundam

Wakanda would destroy him and his puny army. doom just recently waltzed into wakanda and put black panther into a coma. no expression

Mindset
Don't waste your time psycho, he has probably never even read a comic with Doom in it.

Space M ummy

Lol. Doom has conquered 616 Marvel once, Heroes reborn Marvel Once, and 2099 Marvel once.

That's THREE completely different worlds, one of which had tech a century more advanced than current marvel.

Also: Using Doom's resistance to argue professor X couldn't take batman doesn't really work, as Doom himself has limited telepathic abilities. Remember the Ovoid Mind Switch Technique? Doom can switch his conciousness with any sentient being he desires. Batman's mind isn't nearly as trained.

godking

Wakanda would destroy him and his puny army. He conquered the world 3 times.

Battlehammer
I never said he willed himself to heal from paralysis

that was his body healing itself

I said he willed himself mentally to become batman again...duh

thats retarded.........and in no way is that impressive of a feat........but why am I not surprized coming from you

Blair Wind
thats retarded.........and in no way is that impressive of a feat........but why am I not surprized coming from you

confused

It actually is. Think about it, Batman is NOT Wolverine. He does not heal from every wound in seconds, and is very much mortal. However, he goes out every night knowing these facts, and almost always ends up bruised, wounded, hurt. On the one hand, mostly they are superficial, and other times more serious. But to my knowledge, Bane's breaking of his back was the worst physical punishment he has ever endured. It left him depressed if I am recalling correctly, having to depend on others when he was always such a self reliant man. Another person took HIS cowl (and we all know that to him, that is huge).

And then he comes back from it, and then willingly became Batman again. That takes an enormous amount of willpower to become again, knowing that someday you could have your back broken another time, or worse. Its a mind game he over came. You cannot discredit that because it is not "teh awesomeness in resisting mental manipulation." It is another showcase of a man's willpower, of his determination to be the Batman, over the fear of losing his body.

Kris Blaze
Batman's willpower compared to Wolverine's is definitely relevant in a thread where they are both ANTS compared to Professor X' telepathy.

Mindset
Originally posted by Blair Wind
confused

It actually is. Think about it, Batman is NOT Wolverine. He does not heal from every wound in seconds, and is very much mortal. However, he goes out every night knowing these facts, and almost always ends up bruised, wounded, hurt. On the one hand, mostly they are superficial, and other times more serious. But to my knowledge, Bane's breaking of his back was the worst physical punishment he has ever endured. It left him depressed if I am recalling correctly, having to depend on others when he was always such a self reliant man. Another person took HIS cowl (and we all know that to him, that is huge).

And then he comes back from it, and then willingly became Batman again. That takes an enormous amount of willpower to become again, knowing that someday you could have your back broken another time, or worse. Its a mind game he over came. You cannot discredit that because it is not "teh awesomeness in resisting mental manipulation." It is another showcase of a man's willpower, of his determination to be the Batman, over the fear of losing his body. So Batman is like an athlete who gets hurt.

Blair Wind
So Batman is like an athlete who gets hurt.

Back broken in a fight =/= athlete getting hurt erm

Mindset
Back broken in a fight =/= athlete getting hurt erm You mean like the football player who got paralyzed and is working his way to get back on the field.

Or the runner who lost his legs that still competed in the Olympics. Even though he knew that win or lose the chinese would beat his nubs with canes.

Yea, you're right.

Mekrob
Batman gets close to Xavier and punches him out. One punch, two, it doesn't matter to Bruce.

Blair Wind
You mean like the football player who got paralyzed and is working his way to get back on the field.

Or the runner who lost his legs that still competed in the Olympics. Even though he knew that win or lose the chinese would beat his nubs with canes.

Yea, you're right.

I think you are missing the psychological aspect of his pain, of how his back was broken. What Batman does is no sport, and not about fame, or lack of embarrassment.

If I had a choice of being paralyzed and could work my way to being a football player or a man who goes out at night knowing that he willingly puts himself in dangerous life threatening situations......I would think football is the safe choice.

Mindset
I think you are missing the psychological aspect of his pain, of how his back was broken. What Batman does is no sport, and not about fame, or lack of embarrassment.

If I had a choice of being paralyzed and could work my way to being a football player or a man who goes out at night knowing that he willingly puts himself in dangerous life threatening situations......I would think football is the safe choice. I'd pick the person who goes out at night knowing I'm putting myself in life threatening situations, but then again, I'm a real man.

Blair Wind
I'd pick the person who goes out at night knowing I'm putting myself in life threatening situations, but then again, I'm a real man.

laughing

All I said is that it was the safe choice. Not what I would pick.

zeel
With prep batman easily, no prep bats dies everytime.

Juntai
He could always buy a new backbone anyways. With lazers.

I-Drop
& since there was no prep givenOriginally posted by zeel
bats dies everytime.

Battlehammer

Starscream M

Mekrob
haha you delusional logan lover, you just cannot allow that anyone is more mentally strong than the canadian runt, can ya?

batman being batman is far more impressive than logan being logan. anyday, batman could suffer critical wounds, get paralyzed, or even get killed. Logan faces no such dangers...thanks to his hf and his 'immortaliy'. So don't you dare compare logans sacrifice to batmans. Did you even read what he said?

Mindset
So don't you dare compare logans sacrifice to batmans. laughing out loud

This is just comics buddy

Battlehammer
haha you delusional logan lover, you just cannot allow that anyone is more mentally strong than the canadian runt, can ya?

Lol , yea this coming from , some one constanly proving to be a moron.

Lol the only delusional one is you. Your basing batman having superior willpower, based off a feat altheltes in are world do all the time.........not to mention a feat that in no way is superior to the ones I mentioned.

batman being batman is far more impressive than logan being logan. anyday, batman could suffer critical wounds, get paralyzed, or even get killed. Logan faces no such dangers...thanks to his hf and his 'immortaliy'. So don't you dare compare logans sacrifice to batmans.

Lol Logan could have been killed on several occcassions through out his carreer. Nothing youi have mention makes him superior to wolverine in will power.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mekrob
Did you even read what he said?
Likly not, or it was simply beyond his comprehension.

Mekrob
laughing out loud

This is just comics buddy Nah, ths iz brucey's liphe.

How do you think he got the idea to be a vigilante?

Starscream M

Lol the only delusional one is you. Your basing batman having superior willpower, based off a feat altheltes in are world do all the time.........not to mention a feat that in no way is superior to the ones I mentioned.

hahahaha....are you shitting me lol. what UFC fighters do is comparable to what batman does?

UFC fighters fight in a time-limited format against opponents who are selected to be comparable in skill level with a set of rules and guidelines...and a friggin ref to stop the fight.

Batman doesn't have the luxury of having a ref stop the fight if he is getting pummeled, or the opportunity for fair fights, etc. so its laughable you're lowering batman's accomplishment to that of an athlete making a comeback.

Starscream M

Lol Logan could have been killed on several occcassions through out his carreer. Nothing youi have mention makes him superior to wolverine in will power. how could logan be killed if he is supposedly the hand of god and also immortal?

Battlehammer
hahahaha....are you shitting me lol. what UFC fighters do is comparable to what batman does?

UFC fighters fight in a time-limited format against opponents who are selected to be comparable in skill level with a set of rules and guidelines...and a friggin ref to stop the fight.

Batman doesn't have the luxury of having a ref stop the fight if he is getting pummeled, or the opportunity for fair fights, etc. so its laughable you're lowering batman's accomplishment to that of an athlete making a comeback.

you are retarded and completely missed my arguement jack ass. Go lback to middle school and learn how to comprehend what you read

Mindset
How about soldiers who get hurt and go back to the front?

Or cops, firefighters, sperm donors?

Battlehammer
how could logan be killed if he is supposedly the hand of god and also immortal?

lol, again reading comprehension. Logan soul was immortal, but what good about that if your body can't heal it self, becuases the healing factor is gone. He beeing sitting in limbo for ever. That worses then death.

Starscream M
How about soldiers who get hurt and go back to the front?

Or cops, firefighters, sperm donors? cops, soldiers and firefighters are doing a job for which they get compensated and they also get accolades, which they rightfully deserve

batman is a friggin billionaire who could be sleeping with playboy bunnies and eating lobster all day long...yet he goes out and risks his life and limb every night, and he barely even gets a thanks. he is on a different level.

Starscream M
lol, again reading comprehension. Logan soul was immortal, but what good about that if your body can't heal it self, becuases the healing factor is gone. He beeing sitting in limbo for ever. That worses then death. nah, I'll pick sitting in limbo over death...at least I'd have a chance at coming back once my body heals

Mindset
cops, soldiers and firefighters are doing a job for which they get compensated and they also get accolades, which they rightfully deserve

batman is a friggin billionaire who could be sleeping with playboy bunnies and eating lobster all day long...yet he goes out and risks his life and limb every night, and he barely even gets a thanks. he is on a different level. He's on a different level because he doesn't get paid?

You are aware there are soldiers who can get a lot better paying jobs and don't have to risk their lives, right?

Battlehammer
cops, soldiers and firefighters are doing a job for which they get compensated and they also get accolades, which they rightfully deserve

batman is a friggin billionaire who could be sleeping with playboy bunnies and eating lobster all day long...yet he goes out and risks his life and limb every night, and he barely even gets a thanks. he is on a different level.
it noit though. Batman did a job, got injured badly. He was able to overcome the fears of what happen and come back. Thats not different, then mir getting hurt badly, but finding the strength to come back and fight. Or fire fighter, or a cop ect.

also..........prince henry is a millionare and he been fighting in Iraq.....

Starscream M
He's on a different level because he doesn't get paid?

You are aware there are soldiers who can get a lot better paying jobs and don't have to risk their lives, right? part of it, yeah

how many billionaires are fighting in our army, or any army.

Battlehammer
nah, I'll pick sitting in limbo over death...at least I'd have a chance at coming back once my body heals
ecpt when he doesent have a healing factor anymore it won't heal........which means he spends the rest of his life allone in limbo.........with a angle who trying to kill him, but sure thats better then being with all your loved ones roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
part of it, yeah

how many billionaires are fighting in our army, or any army. And that matters, because?

I guess DD has more willpower than Batman since he isn't a billionaire.

Good to know.

Starscream M
ecpt when he doesent have a healing factor anymore it won't heal........which means he spends the rest of his life allone in limbo.........with a angle who trying to kill him, but sure thats better then being with all your loved ones roll eyes (sarcastic) all your loved ones?? is that where people end up when they die in marvel?

Starscream M
And that matters, because?
because you're sacrificing more

there's a reason why the poorer you are, the more likelihood of you joining the army.

Battlehammer
all your loved ones?? is that where people end up when they die in marvel?
yes, he even states so.

Starscream M
yes, he even states so. ok, didnt know that.

Mindset
because you're sacrificing more

there's a reason why the poorer you are, the more likelihood of you joining the army.

No, you are not sacrificing more. Whether you are a billionaire or only make minimum wage, you are still only sacrificing your life. Unless you're so poor you'd rather die, you are not sacrificing more.

Starscream M
No, you are not sacrificing more. Whether you are a billionaire or only make minimum wage, you are still only sacrificing your life. Unless you're so poor you'd rather die, you are not sacrificing more. of course you are sacrificing more if you are a billionaire

one person is sacrificing the lifestyle of a billionaire

one person is sacrificing the lifestyle of an average joe

Mindset
of course you are sacrificing more if you are a billionaire

one person is sacrificing the lifestyle of a billionaire

one person is sacrificing the lifestyle of an average joe And if both people are content with their life, neither one is sacrificing more.

Battlehammer
based on bruces logic, prince henry will power>>Batmans

Mindset
lol

Blair Wind
Not that it much matters in comparison, but who are we (and by we, I mean every single one of us) to judge whether a soldier, firefighter, or cop is somehow inferior in willpower than comic book heroes? Just because Batman (who had his back broken, was paralyzed, and had to come back to being Batman - the perfect athlete and all) did a feat that other real world people do does not diminish the feat in and of itself, nor does it mean that these people are somehow not full of willpower themselves. That is an absurd statement. Batman is supposed to be based on a epitome of a real human anyways, but if you really want to get into the thick of it - a GL ring choose him, and he was able to use it. In the comic book world, that means a huge amount. Green Arrow, another person many would consider full of willpower could barely get the thing to spark let alone produce the light show that Bruce made.

And why is Logan even in this conversation? Who gives a rats ass?

In comics, Batman might be able to get Professor X out of his mind. Solely because he is the freaking Batman. However, we all know X would win, unless if by some magic chance Batman pulled out an anti TP device (which I know Nightwing has used before, and if Nightwing has used it, you can bet your ass Batman has it), well Batman wins. Case closed.

Starscream M
based on bruces logic, prince henry will power>>Batmans prince henry was never in any risk

Mindset
Not that it much matters in comparison, but who are we (and by we, I mean every single one of us) to judge whether a soldier, firefighter, or cop is somehow inferior in willpower than comic book heroes? Just because Batman (who had his back broken, was paralyzed, and had to come back to being Batman - the perfect athlete and all) did a feat that other real world people do does not diminish the feat in and of itself, nor does it mean that these people are somehow not full of willpower themselves. That is an absurd statement. Batman is supposed to be based on a epitome of a real human anyways, but if you really want to get into the thick of it - a GL ring choose him, and he was able to use it. In the comic book world, that means a huge amount. Green Arrow, another person many would consider full of willpower could barely get the thing to spark let alone produce the light show that Bruce made.
masterbruce was the only one who said they were inferior

Mindset
prince henry was never in any risk Ignorance.

Starscream M
Ignorance. the only risk he was ever in was getting caught on camera acting like a royal jackass

Mindset
the only risk he was ever in was getting caught on camera acting like a royal jackass If you're in Iraq, there is always a risk for anything to happen.

Starscream M
If you're in Iraq, there is always a risk for anything to happen. ok, obviously. there is always risk for anything to happen anywhere. he could potentially get injured by a training exercise too even in britain.

but to say he was in iraq and make it seem like he was in the frontlines or something is totally distorting the actual circumstances. he was in very little, to virtually no danger.

Mindset
ok, obviously. there is always risk for anything to happen anywhere. he could potentially get injured by a training exercise too even in britain.

but to say he was in iraq and make it seem like he was in the frontlines or something is totally distorting the actual circumstances. he was in very little, to virtually no danger. OK brucey facepalm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>