PARADISE LOST - milton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
i didnt come across any thread on this. well paradise lost is an epic {and LONG} poem by john milton concerning the fall of lucifer and a third of the heavenly host and what came after. its considered by most to be one of the greatest english literary works of all time. it also happens to be one of my all time favourite books/poems{i never get tired re reading it}. many lump it in the same catgory of greatness as dante aleighera's la divine comedia. discuss, rant, whatever, i thought this classic deserved its own page.

{incidently, juhn pullerman's "his dark material/the goldan compass" are inspired by this poem and even the titles are taken from the second and another chapter of the poem. also, much of neil gaiman's sandman and mike carey's lucifer graphic novels are inspired by it- for the fans. }

Selphie
Currently reading this for my British Literature class.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i have it i just havent gotten around to reading it yet

busyreader
Is it not an incredibly difficult book to read? It's only googlebooks and I might have a look but I tend to struggle with the more medieval styles of writing. Would one attached to the guide be better?

leonheartmm
actually it isnt that hard if you understand greek/biblical mythology. and heres the trick, read from the middle of each line to the middle of the next one to form a sentence as opposed to the start of the line till the end of the line, and read 4 sentences in a row to make sense of the whole phrase, it makes a LOT more sense then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.