Drag Me to Hell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Sam Raimi is back to doing horror movies

celestialdemon
I am really, really looking forward to this movie. Sam Raimi back to doing what he's known for. "Excellent."

Kazenji
Heres the trailer for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jCP3oOymK8&fmt=22

Pyron_Knight
2jCP3oOymK8&fmt=22

Should work Karl. Lemme know if you see anything.

Kazenji
My internet must be acting up because i can't see a thing

SnakeEyes
Hell yeah, I'm pumped for this.

lil bitchiness
Cannot wait. I miss the curse/wiches/devi/catholic dogma type movies so much. Its so 80s and I love it.
It has been overshadowed by slashers and other ''dead people'' movies.

I'd love to see this move.

Raimi is getting back to people's good graces.

BackFire
Needs to make Evil Dead 4.

Impediment
It's about f*cking time that Raimi got back to his roots. Hopefully this will make up for the lousy ass Spider-Man 3 movie. It looks interesting. I might even go see it in the theater.

jinXed by JaNx
so, this girl is being tormented because she wasnt allowed to give some evil old lady an extension? lmao, yeah this one is gonna be a winner

Kazenji
Not to mention that old lady already had 2 extensions in the past serves her right if she can't pay.

wiseflickguy
Everyone seems to be looking forward to this movie. It has 100% critic rating and my co-worker terrified.

That ACDC Chick
looks beast
cant wait smile

Kris Blaze
After reading some of the reviews, this sounds like a comedy/horror :/

CATMANEXE
awesomenessX3. should change the name of the thread to
" Yeah! Raimi's back baby!"
is that Mary Jane and Aunt May? snarf.

BruceSkywalker
i may see this

Darth Vicious
Hmmmm the premise sounds very 1980's. Looking forward to it.

FistOfThe North
saw this last night.

It was ok. Loud. There was a minor ovation at the end right after the movie ended.

It was your typical Sam R. horror flik the likes of his "Evil Dead". Like humorous horror with minor cheese yet still scary. There were alot of his signature classic instant close ups that tilt. hehe.

The story kinda reminded me of the movie horror/suspense movie "Thinner" that came out in the 90's by, i think, Stephen King, yet it was still different from your typical horror story you get nowadays. The movie did alot of unconventional, non-traditional stuff in it and that's what carried it, i think. Like things you normally wouldn't expect in a horror story.

It had "The Yellow Car" that was in the "Spiderman" and "Evil Dead" films (movies he also directed).

Good date movie.

7/10. I've seem better Sam R. horror.

MildPossession
It's getting very good reviews from most places here in Britain, so can't wait to see it, was released a few days ago here.

Prince Nauj
This movie was dumb. What a joke.

steverules_2
She Ends up being dragged to hell in the end

Dr. Leg Kick
I'm hearing great things from different audiences, but they're all positive.

Can't wait to watch this.

Originally posted by Prince Nauj
This movie was dumb. What a joke. I really doubt it.

MildPossession
SteveWobbleBoobsRules - Is that spoiler true because I highlighted it, I couldn't help myself.

steverules_2
I always thought they jiggled big grin Yeah it's true, thats how the movie ends

MildPossession
I always associate jiggled with slightly, those are not slightly moving. stick out tongue Really if she keeps doing that they will travel south all the more quickly... the backache she must have!!

Yeah thanks for spoiling it for me, will still see it, looks funnnn. stick out tongue

steverules_2
Yeah she's been there for at least 3 years so she must be used to the backache by now smile

Well I meant to spoil it for you so smurph Yeah I may see it as well....wonder if there will be a sequel

mr.smiley
Saw this Friday.

I won't post any spoilers in my little review,so don't worry.

First off I gotta say I did like this movie.
Rami just has his own hallmark touch on a movie and I think it shines best in the horror genre.
The pace of the "scares" in Drag me to hell is,in my opinion, awesome.
For 90% of the movie the the jump out of your seat moments happen in an unexpected rythem.
The first scare of the movie just happens at such an unassuming moment, that you take notice immediatley.

the movie is a blend of Stephen Kings Thinner,spiced up with a good helping of The Evil Dead.
The film does have a comedic element to it, but not so much so that you become disconnected to the actual terror of it all.
The effects of the film are half and half for me.
At times they looked great.( In one particular scene the emboming fluid from a dead body floods into a womans mouth.How cool and sick is that!)
At times they looked a bit unpolished,but personaly I say the good overshadows the bad visualy for Drag Me To Hell.

I wouldn't say this film is amazing,but compared to some of the crap we've been forced to watch the past few years,you might be inclined to say different.

I would probably give it a C+

Though their's not a whole lot about this movie I would complain about,I don't think theirs a lot to praise either.
I saw the end coming a mile away,though I think that's part of what I liked about Drag me to Hell.
You know what's going to happen and your cringing in your seat the whole time hoping your wrong.

PS: This is one film I would like to see a sequel to. I think their's room for one.

Myth
If you like Raimi's horror movies, you will like this movie. I thought it was great. Favorite summer film so far for me (barely ahead of Star Trek, and way ahead of Terminator). There was plenty of references to the Evil Dead films, which is great for a fan like me, but my friends (who have never seen Evil Dead) also liked the movie even without catching the references. There was plenty of jump moments (the music was perfect with a slightly delayed silence before the jumps causing extra suspense), tons of laughs (my favorite parts about Raimi horror movies), and many gross out scenes. I give it an 8.5/10.

BruceSkywalker
saw this and liked it

Kazenji
Sounds like a winner

gotta find out when the hell this is getting relased in Australia now.

BackFire
Yeah this movie is great fun. Like an Evil Dead movie without Ash, kinda. Same silly tone and lots of goo and liquids and all that good stuff. More funny than scary, but definitely worth seeing.

Scythe
It was pretty neat. I thought the PG-13 would've dragged it down, not to hell mind you, but it did alright.

MildPossession
A PG-13 means either a 12 or a 15 certificate here in the UK depending on the content, Drag Me To Hell got the latter.

Dr. Leg Kick
Watched it last night.

I really liked it, but that douchebag from Jeepers Creepers did not fit this film. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by MildPossession
A PG-13 means either a 12 or a 15 certificate here in the UK depending on the content, Drag Me To Hell got the latter.

And here in Australia it will mostly likey be M 15+

Scythe

You lost me there.

MildPossession
I'm lost now! Terminator 3 was R-Rated, yet we got a 12 rating here in Britain, yet Scream was R-Rated too in America and we got a 18 rating. PG-13 is never a 18 rating I believe, but it can be a 12/15 rating... urgh.

You have confused me even. I hate you. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Yeah american ratings are weird.

steverules_2
I'm lost now! Terminator 3 was R-Rated, yet we got a 12 rating here in Britain, yet Scream was R-Rated too in America and we got a 18 rating. PG-13 is never a 18 rating I believe, but it can be a 12/15 rating... urgh.

You have confused me even. I hate you. stick out tongue

Movies over there are sometimes rated in a different way...I laugh that Terminator 3 was a Rated R movie

Originally posted by Scythe
You lost me there.

In the US where you are PG-13, over here will either mean it's a 12 or a 15, 12 will mean a person of the age of 12 or over can see the movie, someone below that age can see it as long as they are accompanied by an adult.

A 15 is like a 12, dunno if a 14 year old is allowed to see a 15 with a parent but it still happens either way.

A Rated R movie over here would be an 18 meaning that a person of 18 or over can see the movie. Sometimes movie ratings are changed though, what may be considered an R rated movie over there isn't considered an R rated movie here, it could be considered PG-13. Is that more clear?

MildPossession
R-Rated can be a 15 certificate here in Britain too.

12A is the official cinema release rating, 12 is the official rating on DVDs in shops. Legally, someone under 12 can see a 12A with an adult, but someone under 15 can not go into a 15 film, with or without an adult.

Get your facts straight eegit. stick out tongue

steverules_2
R-Rated can be a 15 certificate here in Britain too.

12A is the official cinema release rating, 12 is the official rating on DVDs in shops. Legally, someone under 12 can see a 12A with an adult, but someone under 15 can not go into a 15 film, with or without an adult.

Get your facts straight eegit. stick out tongue

I got into a 15 movie more than once when I was 14, plus it's much easier to get into a 15 with an adult...most likely a parent. I said a person under 12 can see a 12A or 12 with a parent

I have my facts right but you seem to have...mixed them up a little, I will let you off this once but thats only because I'm such a kind human being 131

MildPossession
Yes, you still got in I.L.L.E.G.A.L.L.Y. Sucker. stick out tongue I use to get into 18 certificate films all the time when younger(an adult bought me the ticket). Though I wonder how I did walk through without getting stopped because now I sometimes get asked to produce ID for a 15 certificate DVD... and I'm in my 20s.

steverules_2
I'm 19 and people think I'm 16 lol but I can grow a beard and since then I don't have to anymore, I'm sure if you grow one you'll be fine too haermm

MildPossession
Oooo I'll try so hard to grow one!!

Oooo I should be seeing Drag Me To Hell tonight, fingers crossed.

steverules_2
I've only just been able to actually get one. Even with it I bet I'll get asked for ID. So far i've been able to pass off as looking 18 but I reckon I still look young for my age, I've been told more than once I have a baby face.

lil bitchiness
SteveWobbleBoobsRules - Is that spoiler true because I highlighted it, I couldn't help myself.

It is true. And I know what you mean about couldn't help yourself with the spoilers. I stopped reading IMBD before watching a movie.

I saw this last night, and I must say I liked it. I missed good movies about the subject of demons, curses and all that jazz and this brought it right back.

steverules_2
If spoilers aren't used people complain but even when spoilers are used people will still look lol

MildPossession
Yes but some people who don't look will not get it spoilt for them. stick out tongue

steverules_2
Yeah...hate those guys haermm Nah love 'em really awesome

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'm 19 and people think I'm 16 lol but I can grow a beard and since then I don't have to anymore, I'm sure if you grow one you'll be fine too haermm I know your pain. I bought a bottle of Crown for my cousins birthday and the guy behind the counter kept laughing to himself thinking I have a fake Idea. He kepts questioning me about everything on the card. Im 25 and he thought I was 16.

MildPossession
Crown? I take it that's alcohol, don't get me started on alcohol and ID, but thankfully I don't have to try and buy it a lot.

mr.smiley
Crown? I take it that's alcohol, don't get me started on alcohol and ID, but thankfully I don't have to try and buy it a lot.

Crown Royal will F(@K you up.

SnakeEyes
Loved this movie btw, thought I should say that.

MildPossession
I missed it last week, so fingers crossed for this week.

I don't drink, so I will never know. stick out tongue Ah, it's a Whisky I see, just looked it up. But, ooooooooo it comes in a pretty bottle design.

Menetnashté
I'm surprised everyone liked this I thought it kinda sucked. It had a bit of that Evil Dead comedy to it but other than Evil Dead I'm not familiar with any of Raimi's horror films if there were any others, so I'm not a huge fan of his work. In my opinion the plot had promise but it was undermined by them trying to overdue the disgusting and comedic nature of the film, and the ending was painfully obvious. I also thought it was incredibly stupid that the woman who had been waiting to kill this demon her whole life, and set this as her one goal refused to do it for anything less than 10,000 dollars.

HueyFreeman
saw it really liked it. Some things screamed evil dead but the use of sounds, and suspense had me on edge at times. of course the end was obvious which made it much more tragic since the movie makes you care about the main character.

MildPossession
Nothing wrong with some things screaming Evil Dead. smile All the more.

FistMasterFunk
This movie. Just, wow. So awesome.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
saw it really liked it. Some things screamed evil dead but the use of sounds, and suspense had me on edge at times. of course the end was obvious which made it much more tragic since the movie makes you care about the main character.
There was like five minutes that were actually somewhat creepy the rest was just a joke.

mr.smiley
I missed it last week, so fingers crossed for this week.

I don't drink, so I will never know. stick out tongue Ah, it's a Whisky I see, just looked it up. But, ooooooooo it comes in a pretty bottle design.

The bottle may be pretty,but the taste is sick

dadudemon
Moonshine, bitches. It doesn't get better than that.

Selphie
LOVED this movie.

Mr. Rhythmic
Saw it yesterday, and I freakin' loved it! One of the scariest and most entertaining movies in years. Yes, it has "Evil Dead" qualities, but why is that a bad thing? That made it better for me. Almost the perfect Horror flick for me. A+ from me.

Devil Gene
trailer for this is insane...specially with the old lady laying on the bed

Selphie
One thing I especially LOVED about this movie, was that it never let up on the surprise and jump-scenes. Usually when I see a horror movie nowadays, I have a chance to relax my body so I won't jump at stupid little "scare" scenes, but I was tense throughout this whole movie! I don't know how Raimi did it, but goddamn, what a great movie!

Insomniatric
Spoilers below

I couldn't stand it.

It wasn't scary at all, I didn't freak out like everybody else in the theater when something suddenly would pop up in the screen.

Had a very predictable ending, the movie's called Drag me to Hell, big surprise it ended with her being dragged into hell.

And the old lady was disgusting, I couldn't finish my water with her removing her teeth and coughing up, well, whatever it was that she was coughing up.

I just thought it sucked. Waste of my time. IMO

Kazenji
Originally posted by Insomniatric
, big surprise it ended with her being dragged into hell.

Not much different to 'Army of Darkness' when an army of darkness does gets created

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not much different to 'Army of Darkness' when an army of darkness does gets created

I know, but I like to be surprised at an ending. They tried to make you think she was safe when she put the button on the old lady. And it didn't work. Sorry, just didn't like the movie. I was happy when she was dragged into hell. She was going to send an old, sick, dying man into hell, what a *****.

Kazenji
Just came back from seeing it, It opened here in Australia today

Great film and there was few scenes where i jumped in it not that many films do that to me.

MildPossession
Suddenly jumping at something that happens on the screen isn't the same as a scary scene imo. I jump all the time in films scary or not when something suddenly pops onto the screen with loud music.

jinXed by JaNx
Suddenly jumping at something that happens on the screen isn't the same as a scary scene imo. I jump all the time in films scary or not when something suddenly pops onto the screen with loud music.

yeah, but the difference here is that, Drag me to hell, actually had some pay off in most of those scenes either that or the movie exploited the cheap thrill in a way that made fun of itself. Atleast, that is the vibe i got from the movie. I have to say, it was also a pretty damn creepy story. Some demon comin to drag you back to hell eek! laughing

Kazenji
Not sure if anyone knew about this

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/08/13/comic-book-legends-revealed-220/

lil bitchiness
Not sure if anyone knew about this

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/08/13/comic-book-legends-revealed-220/

Coincidence, I would say.

Kazenji
Well he is a comic geek himself so i've told by someone.

BackinBlack
good movie, and very cool opening.

but anyone else felt that the punishment she recieved was a bit too much?
"boohoo, you didn't give me an extension even though i've already had two. boohoo, i have no where to live just because i'm too much of a stuck up hobo to live in the old home. boohoo you shamed me when i started begging you while on my knees and kissing your skirt (which itself was shameful). now i will curse you to burn in hell for all eternity even though everything is my fault and i'm too full of myself to actually admit it."

stupid old bag.

wose part was when her granddaughter says she deserves it.....i'd have turned around and slapped her if i wasn't cursed to burn in hell for eternity by her grandmother.

lil bitchiness
Well he is a comic geek himself so i've told by someone.

Hmm...then he might have taken some ideas. It is possible.

Impediment
I have yet to see this film. How many people here liked it? Is it Evil dead style or Army of Darkness style? Or, even, Spider-Man style?

BackFire
I liked it. It's like Evil Dead 2 style, more comedy than horror.

Impediment
Cheesy horror-omedy? Oh, hell, yes. I'm gonna have to buy this.

BackFire
Yes, very cheesy.

Blinky
Absolutely hilarious, pure horror-comedy gold.

The_usher
I love watching Sam Raimi in his movies.

He is excellent.

MildPossession
I watched this finally last night and adored it, nice mix of horror and comedy. LOVED the ending, I totally forgot about the coin he had . I hope there isn't a sequel though, no need for one. Someone mentioned a sequel would be good in this topic.
I watched the unrated director's cut edition, is there much difference compared to the cinema release?

More Horror please, less Spiderman type movies Raimi. smile

Impediment
I finally watched this movie last night. Ever since I have been working extra hours for more holiday money, I haven't had much time to play video games or watch movies.

This movie was so much fun! It was campy, cheesy, gross, and fun all around! Lots of bodily fluids, too! Raimi still has it, in my opinion.

Blinky
Favorite parts of the movie anybody?

I couldn't stop laughing when:

1) The old lady attacks the banker in her car, totally out of a three stooges skit.
2) The whole funeral scene. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA ! - at when the embalming fluid pours out on the bankers face.
3) Nose bleed scene, ssssssssooo gross that It made me laugh - if that is even possible.

I like how Raimi loves to torture the protagonist in his movies, they never get a break.

MildPossession
If you just saw the cinema version Blinky, the nose bleed scene is longer and more gross in the Director's cut.

My favourite scene is probably the very end. I also burst out laughing at the punch through the mouth and anvil scene.

Blinky
If you just saw the cinema version Blinky, the nose bleed scene is longer and more gross in the Director's cut.

I should check out the directors cut, I'll prolly see it sometime soon - since talking about this movie makes me wanna see it.

Oh yeah one part I forgot : The possessed goat, oh man! Once I saw that I kept chuckling off-and-on ,uncontrollably, through the rest of the movie. Oh man that was priceless. Also did anybody notice the way the goat was smiling at the table (before he became possesed)? So funny.

Scythe
Haha, Goats do that! That goat made this movie complete for me, obviously, haha. Pretty awesome movie.

MildPossession
Blinky - The director's cut is just longer/different angles on certain scenes, the only big difference is that the Kitten scene is filmed differently, in the director's cut it is bloody when you see her stabbing the kitten over and over .

K.Diddy
erm I thought this movie was better than most of the horror movies that come out these days,I personally found nothing too exiting about it though

sixella 34
I dont know why everyone liked this movie.

Blinky
Originally posted by sixella 34
I dont know why everyone liked this movie.

In order to understand you have to:
a) Be a fan or horror-comedies.
b) Be a fan of Raimi's earlier works.
c) Not be ghey.

sixella 34
Originally posted by Blinky
In order to understand you have to:
a) Be a fan or horror-comedies.
b) Be a fan of Raimi's earlier works.
c) Not be ghey.

I dont know. I liked Evil Dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.