Question about Hand 2 Hand Combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
There are a few posters who claim that Thanos amping his punches is somehow not applicable during h2h fights. Now if the thread starter states no amping that is fine. However, when the thread just says h2h then what is the rule. I'm just looking for clarification on the forums rules.

On one hand Thanos is still only punching and still has to hit his opponent whether his punches are energy amped or not. Isn't this similar to the hulk getting more upset... or a hero getting an rush of energy and thus lifting more or punching harder? So, again my question is when Thanos amps his punches does that mean that somehow it's more energy based then h2h thus he can't do it or he can because afterall he's still only punching. Fangirl and a few others have argued this point and I'm looking for Clarification on the rules. Thanks

Kris Blaze
There's no rule.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
There's no rule.

Well don't you think there should be some kinda rule or clarification on it. What are people's opinion then?

Kris Blaze
Good luck reaching a consensus on this.

It won't happen.

Enyalus
I think using energy to amp your punches should be allowed and considered viable in H2H unless otherwise specifically stated.

nimbus006
IMO, a characters ability to amp their punches should be a part of their h2h capabilities. If the thread starter disagrees, they can say so on the OP.

Astanax
There really shouldn't be a debate. The responsibility falls soley on the person that starts the thread.

Nihilist
amping punches,no holding back,get angrier,increasing strength all are pretty much the same thing to me, and are part of a character's h2h abillites.

Lord Feron
USing energy to amp your physical stats but if you using your energy to blast someone with a beam or something that is not H2H. So everything is cool until it goes outside of actual H2h.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Astanax
There really shouldn't be a debate. The responsibility falls soley on the person that starts the thread.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

That is obvious as I already stated, when the thread says no amping then no amping. However, most times it's just left at h2h and you've argued that amping shouldn't be allowed and considered h2h. So, clearly I'm referring to when it's not stated then what is the rule or consensus as you have argued no amping even when it's not stated.

Broken Warrior
Amping up punches with energy is the same as any kind of power increasing technique. The attack is still a physical one.

That should be assumed for starters, but as others have said, ultimately, the set-up comes down to the thread starter.

Badabing
We can't make a rule for this since there are so many variables.

Hulk amps up by the nature of his powers.

Superman can amp with some sunlight.

Silver Surfer can amp himself via power cosmic.

GL's can amp themselves via power rings.

It's ultimately up to the thread starter to make conditions for the thread. But good luck getting people to read the OP after several pages... Best thing to do is add "no amping" or whatever stipulation to the tittle.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Badabing

It's ultimately up to the thread starter to make conditions for the thread. But good luck getting people to read the OP after several pages... Best thing to do is add "no amping" or whatever stipulation to the tittle.

That's fine as I agree when it's stated it's obvous and that would help. However, Bada what is your thoughts on whether someone amps there punchs then that means it's not h2h as others have argued? in h2h threads you'll have people that will say show me scans of Thanos not amping his punches and what he can do. It's like they are arguing that amping his punches doesn't count for h2h fighting. So, I was just looking for clarification if this is some rule I don't know about. I view it like the examples you used... people can amp themselves but as long as they are only using h2h that is all that matters.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
There are a few posters who claim that Thanos amping his punches is somehow not applicable during h2h fights. Now if the thread starter states no amping that is fine. However, when the thread just says h2h then what is the rule. I'm just looking for clarification on the forums rules.

On one hand Thanos is still only punching and still has to hit his opponent whether his punches are energy amped or not. Isn't this similar to the hulk getting more upset... or a hero getting an rush of energy and thus lifting more or punching harder? So, again my question is when Thanos amps his punches does that mean that somehow it's more energy based then h2h thus he can't do it or he can because afterall he's still only punching. Fangirl and a few others have argued this point and I'm looking for Clarification on the rules. Thanks just because one petty idiot gets all upset because thanos punches really hard, doesn't mean the rules have to change all of a sudden.

but expect a thread where one of the stipulations in the op is barring thanos from "amping his punches".

Badabing
That's fine as I agree when it's stated it's obvous and that would help. However, Bada what is your thoughts on whether someone amps there punchs then that means it's not h2h as others have argued? in h2h threads you'll have people that will say show me scans of Thanos not amping his punches and what he can do. It's like they are arguing that amping his punches doesn't count for h2h fighting. So, I was just looking for clarification if this is some rule I don't know about. I view it like the examples you used... people can amp themselves but as long as they are only using h2h that is all that matters. I guess you'd have to show that it's typical for a character to amp punches while in combat and not as a result of any prep. If it's typical of how a certain chatacter fights then it shouldn't be an issue. Something like Captain Marvel or Black Adam using charged punches. I've seen them do it enough to consider it typical.

Anyone who make a thread can state stipulations. Like Marvel with no electric charged punches in a slug fest.

Endless Mike
If it's only used to amp the character's physical strength, it should be okay, but if it does something like cause explosions every time a punch connects, or electrocute them, or drain energy or some other weird thing it shouldn't be allowed

chomperx9

On one hand Thanos is still only punching and still has to hit his opponent whether his punches are energy amped or not. Isn't this similar to the hulk getting more upset... or a hero getting an rush of energy and thus lifting more or punching harder? So, again my question is when Thanos amps his punches does that mean that somehow it's more energy based then h2h thus he can't do it or he can because afterall he's still only punching. Fangirl and a few others have argued this point and I'm looking for Clarification on the rules. Thanks rules are made to be broken

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
rules are made to be broken And rule breakers are made to be banned.

chomperx9
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/movie_the_terminator_machine.gif

Restricted

badawe

Sin I AM
doesn't really matter to me unless op stipulates otherwise. personally I don't see the difference between Thanos amping with energy and say Iron Fist amping with chi, same concept. but that's my opinion you'll never get a consensus

chomperx9
And rule breakers are made to be banned.

chomperx9
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/movie_the_terminator_machine.gif

Restricted

badawe crybaby im so hurt

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
crybaby im so hurt laughing out loud stick out tongue

Raoul

I guess you'd have to show that it's typical for a character to amp punches while in combat and not as a result of any prep. If it's typical of how a certain chatacter fights then it shouldn't be an issue. Something like Captain Marvel or Black Adam using charged punches. I've seen them do it enough to consider it typical.

Anyone who make a thread can state stipulations. Like Marvel with no electric charged punches in a slug fest.

this is pretty much what i think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.