Final Fantasy X-2 vs. Final Fantasy VIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
Both games get every character in their game as one single army.
So it be like:

FFX-2:
Yuna
Rikku
Paine
Shuyin
Vegnagun
Nooj
Gippal
Baralai
etc.

vs.

FF8:
Squall
Rinoa
Zell
Selphie
Edea
Ultimecia (regular)
Adel
etc.

Which side takes it?

CosmicComet
FF8 seemed pretty ridiculous feat wise. I'll go with 8 for now.

fascistcrusader
Ultimecia could probably solo. She's wiped out armies and destroyed entire nations.

Pyron_Knight
No she hasn't. She was speaking figuratively and even if she said she could, it be a fallible character statement. A villain boasting is hardly worth any value.

Plus, even if we give her that non-existent power, Vegnagun is stronger.
It also won't help her against non-physical beings like Shuyin and other Unsent.

fascistcrusader
A feats's viability has nothing to do with whether or not it takes your side, the fact is that she said she did it, we see very clearly that she rules unopposed in the future and all resistance against her is crushed, and you yourself admitted you were wrong in the last thread. Hell, we actually see a bunch of dead white SeeDs on the beach near her castle, proving she's killed armies.

She takes out the majority of FF X-2's cast with ease, and the added help of Squall and Co guarantees VIII winning 10/10.

Pyron_Knight
Again, she was speaking figuratively.
Second, how many SeeD bodies ddi we see? A couple? A dozen? I think it would take at least several hundred individuals to make an army and that still only be a pitifully small one.

You have no feats for her except her figurative boast and some fodder dead guys.
Also Unsent have the nice ability to manifest wherrever. They can just pop up an dkill all the heroes quite quickly.
Squall and co. will be no problem for the FFX-2 crew. TThey can all be killed by guns and as Irvine and Rinoa are the only distance fighters, they'll all get wasted in no time.

I'd say Vegnagun solo's most of the 8 crew.

fascistcrusader
Pyron, there's no point in debating with you if all you're going to do is ignore feats you don't like. You've admitted that you're quite ignorant on FF VIII in a few threads so you might want to sit back before you hurt yourself.

Ultimecia wasn't speaking figuratively, she does in fact rule the future unopposed, even though there were many nations that tried to kill her because of Squall telling the past about her. This, coupled with her speech, proves she destroys nations. She solos, as FF X and X-2 have some of the weakest characters in the series.

Pyron_Knight
Oh and I forgot. The Dark Aeons.
Well this is what Anima can do...
NmdugD--Bro

Seeing the speed with which it attacks and the fact it vaporized even that giant Pteranodon-looking fiend in one hit, I'm pretty sure it can wipe out most of 8's crew in a jiffy.

Pyron_Knight
If you're going to lie, don't make it about me. I don't like when people put words in my mouth.
I never said any such thing about FFVIII.

And I'm not ignoring feats. I'm pointing out the obvious.
A. She was speaking figuratively.
B. Her statements are not to be taken as absolute fact.

Is that right? Can I get the quote about the many nations trying to kill her then?

Okay. Let's just say you're right. how did she destory these nations? Building by building? One blast? Oh...you don't know?
I guess the feat is even less viable than before.

Vegnagun solo's. At leas the has a video showing his power while all you have is a fallible character statement.

fascistcrusader
No, silly, she wasn't speaking figuratively. Her speech is entirely accurate, just like Neo Exdeath's was entirely accurate. You have to learn that if something destroys your argument that doesn't make it fallible. Everything she said was spot on, stop disagreeing with canon all the time. If you can't accept the facts you're going back on ignore. sad

Ultimecia stomps Vegnagun like there's no tomorrow and proceeds to obliterate the rest of the field.

Darkstorm Zero
*Sigh* You two are at it again...

Look, we simply don't know how she did it. It could be through creating/controlling an ungodly number of powerful monsters, that or using her power directly. Adel was able to ruin Esthar easily, and she only posesses a fraction of Ultimecia's power. Then we can factor in her ability to physically manifest GFs from peoples imaginations...

fascistcrusader
Indeed. She could simply make GFs out of everyone's memories of Yuna's Aeons and then annihilate them unopposed while they're distracted.

Pyron_Knight
Illogical assumption. Aeons and GFs have nothing in common. Aeons come from a completely different planet with different rules. They are formed from the souls of the Fayth and pyreflies. You have no proof she can just make them.

It's a no limits fallacy to suggest because she can make some weak monsters she can replicate monsters from another planet.

Yawn. Grow up.

She's not speaking literally. She's simply insulting the crowed for their prejudice view of the sorceresses in general.
Or were the people of Galbadia condemming Ultimecia for generations...?

"Hailing the very one you have condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now? She stands before your very eyes to become your new ruler. HAHAHAHAHA."

And just because a character says something doesn't make it fact like you think. You're naive apparently and think bad guys only tell the truth about their power. That's sad and amusing.

I noticed you didn't provide that quote like I requested. Do you have somrt sort of moral qualms against posting evidence?

rTBY-JtKZh8

That's more power than anything Ultimecia showed She's dead in no tim.e

ThunderGodEneru
Vegnagun solos. no expression

Pyron_Knight
Oh, I just thought of something.
Anyone remember what Cid's Airship did to the city of Home? Let me refresh your memory if you don't.
_Ax3VI5XBJU&feature=channel_page

Now see what those same missiles did to Evrae....
yfTkzcc7cIM
(skip to around 2:30)

Well there's nothing to suggest they're different missiles so I assume they're the same. Plus he says they're hitting it with all they got so that implies their strongest weapon which I would say is the city-nuker missiles we saw in the last vid.

Now you might scream game mechanics but I see it like I see Kuja's Ultima. It's a cutscene-demonstrated ability so we knows its power. Also, just speaking logically, if those missiles were enough to defeat Evrae, the party wouldn't be the main force and the airship the backup.

So my point is, Evrae is strong, but hardly top tier material in Spira. So if he can survive such a barrage, many other beings in FFX (and X-2) can as well.

So there's my point. If you disagree, that's fine. I don't expect it to be universally acknowledged and it might have holes I didn't think of.

Csdabest
The Devil + Griever=By by X-2

Zack Fair
So WTF did Vegnagun ever do?

Pyron_Knight
Well it was digging through the planet no problem. It also destroyed the planet in the Bad Ending. Since people here use non-canon endings all the time, that should be usable.

Zack Fair
How did it destroy the planet?

Voyeur
which ever side has Moogle; Gunslinger with Mog Knight charge will probably win.

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Zack Fair
How did it destroy the planet?

By firing a giant cannon at it. It was currently deep in the planet though so maybe that helpted.
We don't actually see the planet explode so it's possible the surface of Spira was destroyed and that's all. Still be enough to beat anything in VIII.

Darkstorm Zero
Anything?

Coulda sworn TC Ultimecia beats planet busting by a few multiversal leagues...

Csdabest
Ultemecia takes Team VIII back in time and they simply kill their parents while in the mating course. Game over

Pyron_Knight
This is regular Ultimecia.

Ultimecia can't even time travel on her own, let alone send people back in time.

Csdabest
How did she get back to the past the first time?

Pyron_Knight
She used a machine based on Ellione's power. Odine explains it I beleive.

GrieverSquall
Final Fantasy VIII wins.

FWahMaN
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Oh and I forgot. The Dark Aeons.
Well this is what Anima can do...
NmdugD--Bro

Seeing the speed with which it attacks and the fact it vaporized even that giant Pteranodon-looking fiend in one hit, I'm pretty sure it can wipe out most of 8's crew in a jiffy. Why didn't you just say X man? X-2 is still the X verse.

Also, someone has to operate Vegnagun and it's Shuyin's spirit/Baralai. Still though, one shot from Vegnagun can wipe out Spira. I'm not sure if it means the planet Spira is on, but yeah all of Spira, and we've seen how big that is since we traveled across it.

People may find the title misleading. It is actually X vs VIII from what I can see (with Ult nerfed). Don't know crap about VIII to give an honest thought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.