Ares vs Colossus-H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Being there is a Dark Avengers/X-Men crossover in the works I'm hoping this fight happens. No weapons.

Who wins?

The Nuul
Colossus, hes too durable.

Kris Blaze
Colossus is all "Da, greece is for ****!" and will then commence by beating the shit out of Ares, and Wolverine.

snoopdogg
Well, Ares is giving up some strength here. He's listed as a 70 tonner but he's got some good fighting ability. Colossus is listed as Class 100 but he's also got some decent skills of his own.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus wins every time but not as easily as some would think.

Give him his Adamantine axe and smart head on his shoulders, and Ares is certainly strong enough, skilled enough etc. to win. Unfortunately Ares who is the God of War is a dumb strategist as he goes in screaming of the top of his lungs against opponents who have the clear physical advantage.

Even in a fist fight, he would simply charge at Colossus, and all he would get is a right hook from the Russian. Ares is a 70 toner, has an impressive enough healing factor, and is durable to blunt force but as we have seen he can be knocked out, and if he ran at Colossus fists swinging, that's all that would happen.

Newjak
Ares has taken it to Hercules in H2H on numerous occasions...

Herc>>>>>>>>Colossus

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's probably the best argument that could be made for Ares, but it still doesn't change the fact that physically Colossus does out class him and Ares is known for charging in head first, and that in my opinion would result in him being knocked out.

Hercules' greatest testament to power in my opinion is that he can stalemate Thor, but outside of their own personal fights, he does much worse than Thor against almost all opponents.

Hulk has taken on Hercules plus other numerous Avengers while Thor on his own has been shown the ability to stalemate Hulk for as long as they fight.

Thor has kicked his Ares' even when he was three times as strong if I recall.

In my opinion either Hercules is toned down a lot or Thor is toned down against Hercules a lot. I mean Marvel needs to show the dude more respect. Wonder Woman kicked his ass in the crossover. I personally thought it was a dumb fight as Hercules has held up the heavens etc. and can do so much better in fights but whatever.

Either way, I see Colossus winning this fight with Ares. Ares would go down fighting but he would still go down.

Newjak
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's probably the best argument that could be made for Ares, but it still doesn't change the fact that physically Colossus does out class him and Ares is known for charging in head first, and that in my opinion would result in him being knocked out.

Hercules' greatest testament to power in my opinion is that he can stalemate Thor, but outside of their own personal fights, he does much worse than Thor against almost all opponents.

Hulk has taken on Hercules plus other numerous Avengers while Thor on his own has been shown the ability to stalemate Hulk for as long as they fight.

Thor has kicked his Ares' even when he was three times as strong if I recall.

In my opinion either Hercules is toned down a lot or Thor is toned down against Hercules a lot. I mean Marvel needs to show the dude more respect. Wonder Woman kicked his ass in the crossover. I personally thought it was a dumb fight as Hercules has held up the heavens etc. and can do so much better in fights but whatever.

Either way, I see Colossus winning this fight with Ares. Ares would go down fighting but he would still go down. Actually Hercules has stalemated Hulk before on more than one occasion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He has been able to stalemate him in comics before for example in "Titan's Clash" etc. but like I said, Hulk has been able to swing him around rather badly as I recall even with other beings to help.

I don't remember the other issue where he held his own, but I believe he has another time if not more but as I said, either Hercules jobs a lot, or Thor jobs a lot to Hercules.

It has to be one of the two, as they can't be equal based on their results against different opponents in my opinion.

Newjak
He stalemated Hulk straight up once when he was traveling on a train and Hulk saw it as a threat.

Not to mention often when Herc gets "tossed" around by Hulk it often has to deal with Herc holding back because they only want to subdue the Hulk not hurt him.

But in their one on ones they are generally fairly even.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Newjak
He stalemated Hulk straight up once when he was traveling on a train and Hulk saw it as a threat.

Not to mention often when Herc gets "tossed" around by Hulk it often has to deal with Herc holding back because they only want to subdue the Hulk not hurt him.

But in their one on ones they are generally fairly even.

Oh I remember that fight. I said there was one more.

Either way, compared to Thor, Hercules has done pretty badly against Hulk. Not that he can't hold his own for a while, but I have seen Hulk knock Hercules around more than I have seen Hercules hold his own.

Like I said Ares is another good example. He has been able to hold his own against Hercules rather well in the past, but he is not that impressive physically in terms of strength or at least a good deal of the time.

Going off his higher end showings though, I could see Ares being superior to Colossus, as he has been able to go blow for blow with Hercules (Thor on the other hand kicked Ares' ass even when he was three times as strong.).

A showing does suggest that Ares is superior to Colossus but most show the opposite.

Honestly, this entire mess gives me a headache.

In the end, on average, I see Colossus winning this fight.

The Nuul
The problem with Colossus is hes under written a lot.

snoopdogg
What sort of fights has Ares been in as far as h2h goes?

Colossus has kayoed the Hulk, stood toe to toe with Gladiator, destroyed Ord with his full armor on.

SuperiorTech
I would imagine that thor hitting Hulk with his hammer would have a more devastating effect than herc hitting him with his fist.

guy222
Piotr

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I would imagine that thor hitting Hulk with his hammer would have a more devastating effect than herc hitting him with his fist. Odd thing that even I didn't realize at first... is that Thor actually hits Hulk with his fists more than he ever has hit him with Mjolnir.

DeathKap
Originally posted by The Nuul
The problem with Colossus is hes under written a lot.
I agree. Piotr ftw

Rage.Of.Olympus
I would imagine that thor hitting Hulk with his hammer would have a more devastating effect than herc hitting him with his fist.

Thor has hit Hulk with his fists much more than he has hit Hulk with Mjolnir.

In almost all his fights with the Hulk, he puts away Mjolnir and goes hand to hand if I recall.

Thor has done so much better than Hercules against a number of opponents. Hulk is a good example.

SuperiorTech
Thor has hit Hulk with his fists much more than he has hit Hulk with Mjolnir.

In almost all his fights with the Hulk, he puts away Mjolnir and goes hand to hand if I recall.

Thor has done so much better than Hercules against a number of opponents. Hulk is a good example.

I don't know about that I have seen Thor hit hulk with Mjolnir pretty damn hard.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0961/4_8.jpg

I am gonna have to flatout disagree with you here Thor does put his hammer away in some of his fight with hulk.Usually at hulk taunting that he is the strongest there is or that Thor needs the hammer to fight him.Even if he does use his fist just as much as the hammer it's usually in his hands in most of their confrontations you also have to take into consideration that Thor uses the hammer in a defensive manner as well to block punches from hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't know about that I have seen Thor hit hulk with Mjolnir pretty damn hard.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0961/4_8.jpg

I am gonna have to flatout disagree with you here Thor does put his hammer away in some of his fight with hulk.Usually at hulk taunting that he is the strongest there is or that Thor needs the hammer to fight him.Even if he does use his fist just as much as the hammer it's usually in his hands in most of their confrontations you also have to take into consideration that Thor uses the hammer in a defensive manner as well to block punches from hulk.

Thor has used his hammer less than he has used his fists on the Hulk, and he has been able to take any blow Hulk has given to him and keep on coming. He has been able to take much more than most.

Even when he fights the Hulk with Mjolnir, he has taken practically all his blows to the face. He has barely ever used Mjolnir to defend himself from what I recall. Maybe one blow. When Mjolnir does meet Hulk's fist directly all that happens is that Hulk ends up with a hurt hand like in "Hulk Annual 2001".

In the majority of their prolonged fights, Mjolnir is absent.

Nearly every single time, Thor uses Mjolnir to hit Hulk, the end result is Hulk being knocked back, down, around, and even out when Mjolnir is in Thor's hand. No matter what the incarnation is. Professor Hulk, Savage Hulk etc.

Banner less Hulk did the best against Mjolnir but even he was sent flying.

I have read every one of their fights, and Thor barely ever uses Mjolnir against Hulk directly, he might have it out, but there is usually more dialogue than anything where Thor gets hit by surprised, he goes down, and he gets right back up, and when he does, the fight is either interrupted, inconclusive, or he ends up using his fists.

Most of their fights when he uses Mjolnir is only a few pages tops, and even then he uses only one or so blows if I recall and almost all of them have Hulk going down.

There is mostly a reason for Mjolnir to be absent in the prolonged fights.

When he does use Mjolnir, it results in Hulk being thrown around, or being knocked out.

In that same issue Hulk resorts to holding a woman hostage and Thor gets rid of Mjolnir for the entire fight and goes toe to toe with the Hulk.

Either way, this thread is about Ares and Colossus.

Phantom Zone
Ares has the skills to beat Collosus but he'll act like a **** and lose.

SuperiorTech
Thor has used his hammer less than he has used his fists on the Hulk, and he has been able to take any blow Hulk has given to him and keep on coming. He has been able to take much more than most.

Even when he fights the Hulk with Mjolnir, he has taken practically all his blows to the face. He has barely ever used Mjolnir to defend himself from what I recall. Maybe one blow. When Mjolnir does meet Hulk's fist directly all that happens is that Hulk ends up with a hurt hand like in "Hulk Annual 2001".

In the majority of their prolonged fights, Mjolnir is absent.

Nearly every single time, Thor uses Mjolnir to hit Hulk, the end result is Hulk being knocked back, down, around, and even out when Mjolnir is in Thor's hand. No matter what the incarnation is. Professor Hulk, Savage Hulk etc.

Banner less Hulk did the best against Mjolnir but even he was sent flying.

I have read every one of their fights, and Thor barely ever uses Mjolnir against Hulk directly, he might have it out, but there is usually more dialogue than anything where Thor gets hit by surprised, he goes down, and he gets right back up, and when he does, the fight is either interrupted, inconclusive, or he ends up using his fists.

Most of their fights when he uses Mjolnir is only a few pages tops, and even then he uses only one or so blows if I recall and almost all of them have Hulk going down.

There is mostly a reason for Mjolnir to be absent in the prolonged fights.

When he does use Mjolnir, it results in Hulk being thrown around, or being knocked out.

In that same issue Hulk resorts to holding a woman hostage and Thor gets rid of Mjolnir for the entire fight and goes toe to toe with the Hulk.

Either way, this thread is about Ares and Colossus.

Look the only thing we are gonna agree on is not to derail this thread anymore as it is about Ares and Collossus.I'll restate my initial point which is that Hercules and Thor are pretty much IMO peers in strength and Thor using Mjolnir to hit hulk is gonna have a greater effect that Herc using his fist.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Look the only thing we are gonna agree on is not to derail this thread anymore as it is about Ares and Collossus.I'll restate my initial point which is that Hercules and Thor are pretty much IMO peers in strength and Thor using Mjolnir to hit hulk is gonna have a greater effect that Herc using his fist.

Ok, we shouldn't derail this thread.

Of course Thor hitting Hulk with Mjolnir is going to have much more effect than Hercules with his fists, but the fact is, Thor uses his fists more than he uses his hammer.

Seriously, what happened to Hercules.

He was stalemated by Ares very recently, and from what I recall, isn't even immune to a few highly flammable tanks exploding.

The skin was literally seared from his flesh if I recall, from such a minor explosion and Ares was able to stalemate him hand to hand.

Beings like Namor have fought him rather well, while Thor has one shotted Namor.

Like I said, feat wise, and outside of their own fights, Thor seems to be significantly above Hercules, more so know. When they were in their own personal little scuffles though, they seemed equal enough.

I still say that either Thor completely jobs to Hercules, or Hercules completely jobs to almost everyone.

Mindset
Ok, we shouldn't derail this thread.

Of course Thor hitting Hulk with Mjolnir is going to have much more effect than Hercules with his fists, but the fact is, Thor uses his fists more than he uses his hammer.

Seriously, what happened to Hercules.

He was stalemated by Ares very recently, and from what I recall, isn't even immune to a few highly flammable tanks exploding.

The skin was literally seared from his flesh if I recall, from such a minor explosion and Ares was able to stalemate him hand to hand.

Beings like Namor have fought him rather well, while Thor has one shotted Namor.

Like I said, feat wise, and outside of their own fights, Thor seems to be significantly above Hercules, more so know. When they were in their own personal little scuffles though, they seemed equal enough.

I still say that either Thor completely jobs to Hercules, or Hercules completely jobs to almost everyone. Ares didn't stalemate a healthy Herc, I believe he was weakened from the Hydra Blood Ares shot him with.

Context.

Feat wise in regards to strength, Herc has held up the Earth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
Ares didn't stalemate a healthy Herc, I believe he was weakened from the Hydra Blood Ares shot him with.

Context.

Feat wise in regards to strength, Herc has held up the Earth.

Wasn't it the heavens?

I said it is a possibility that Hercules jobs a lot as I said.

From what I recall, the Hydra Blood is a poison that causes immense pain to Gods, but after the initial attack from Ares I don't think it weakened him physically as I don't recall that being mentioned. I remember he knocked Ares into the next county with one punch, and beat the crap out of Wonder Man.

Ares came back and stalemated him etc.

It did make him delusional though.

Mindset
Wasn't it the heavens?

I said it is a possibility that Hercules jobs a lot as I said.

From what I recall, the Hydra Blood is a poison that causes immense pain to Gods, but after the initial attack from Ares I don't think it weakened him physically as I don't recall that being mentioned. I remember he knocked Ares into the next county with one punch, and beat the crap out of Wonder Man.

Ares came back and stalemated him etc.

It did make him delusional though. Some comics say heavens, some say Earth.

The Hyrda Blood is meant to kill Gods, if I'm not mistaken.

After the initial rage Herc was weakened, iirc.

KingD19
Well to be honest, delusions can make you hit weaker than normal and not take hits you normally would.

Not saying that it actually makes it happen, but you're so far gone, that you think you're hitting someone with all your strength, when you're really just giving them a jab, does that make sense?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Some comics say heavens, some say Earth.

The Hyrda Blood is meant to kill Gods, if I'm not mistaken.

After the initial rage Herc was weakened, iirc.

It's poison to them.

It caused Hercules pain and made him delusional but it never said he was weakened.

Hence why, I said Hercules either jobs a great deal or Thor jobs to Hercules every time they meet.

Mindset
It's poison to them.

It caused Hercules pain and made him delusional but it never said he was weakened.

Hence why, I said Hercules either jobs a great deal or Thor jobs to Hercules every time they meet. Poisons aren't meant to kill?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Hercules_113_0011.jpg

The deadliest poison known to gods isn't...deadly? eek!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Poisons aren't meant to kill?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Hercules_113_0011.jpg

The deadliest poison known to gods isn't...deadly? eek!

Poisons are meant to be deadly, but this is Hercules, the strongest of their gods.

He clearly said that it was causing him immense pain. That's what it was doing. It was causing him a great deal of pain and making him delusional because of it.

Oh crap, I just remembered.

Ares fought him "after" the poison was burned out of his system completely.

So the entire Hydra Blood thing is pointless now as Ares fought him and Hercules was not contaminated with the Hydra Blood.

snoopdogg
So the Hercules that beat the sh!t out of Wonder Man was weakened?

Mindset
Poisons are meant to be deadly, but this is Hercules, the strongest of their gods.

He clearly said that it was causing him immense pain. That's what it was doing. It was causing him a great deal of pain and making him delusional because of it.

Oh crap, I just remembered.

Ares fought him "after" the poison was burned out of his system completely.

So the entire Hydra Blood thing is pointless now as Ares fought him and Hercules was not contaminated with the Hydra Blood. Yea, so the poison was meant to kill Gods, like I said.

So after the poison was burned out of his system he was back at 100%, not likely. The Hydra Blood isn't pointless.

Mindset
Originally posted by snoopdogg
So the Hercules that beat the sh!t out of Wonder Man was weakened? Probably not, the Hydra blood enraged him so he wasn't holding back, but it would make sense that the effects of a poison would eventually weaken him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, so the poison was meant to kill Gods, like I said.

So after the poison was burned out of his system he was back at 100%, not likely. The Hydra Blood isn't pointless.

It was meant to be deadly to the Gods, but as Hercules clearly stated it was causing him immense pain, but it wasn't killing him.

He was able to kick Wonder Man's ass etc. so he wasn't weakened, and the poison wasn't in his systems for long to have any lasting weakening affects. After it was burned out and by the time Ares attacked him, he seemed to be healed.

He should have been back at a hundred percent, as he didn't seem to be weakened, and it wasn't weakening him in the first place.

So I doubt it had any lasting affects that weakened him significantly in any certain way.

His wounds were healed and he didn't seem to have any problems by the time Ares attacked him.

If he wasn't at a 100 percent, lets say for arguments sake, he was as close as you can get.

jrodslam
while Thor has one shotted Namor.

Scan of this?

As for the fight, Colossus wins.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Scan of this?

As for the fight, Colossus wins. Odd...I was just gonna quote that also. I'd like to see it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Scan of this?

As for the fight, Colossus wins.

I believe this was it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_Namordown1blow.jpg

It was "Invaders #33" or around there. I haven't read it in a while so I don't remember the exact issue.

snoopdogg
I believe this was it.

It was "Invaders #33" or around there. I haven't read it in a while so I don't remember the exact issue. Nice.

jrodslam
I believe this was it.

It was "Invaders #33" or around there. I haven't read it in a while so I don't remember the exact issue.

Last i heard, a one shot was to ko someone. Namor wasnt ko'd. Thor knocked him down then flew off. Thor even mentions finishing the fight at another time as Namor looked at him fly away.erm

snoopdogg
That scan leads me to believe Namor was knocked the f*ck out....even looks like it's raining.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
That scan leads me to believe Namor was knocked the f*ck out....even looks like it's raining.

Hmmm. Thor knocks someone out then tells him that they will continue the fight when he gets back from doing what he was to do? Thor said it himself that he fell(knocked him down) Namor and "Shall return forthwith(immediately or right away) to our struggle sharp-eared one...after....."

Where one would get Namor was knocked out is beyond me. If i fight someone and knock them out, the fight is over imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Last i heard, a one shot was to ko someone. Namor wasnt ko'd. Thor knocked him down then flew off. Thor even mentions finishing the fight at another time as Namor looked at him fly away.erm

It was raining and Thor floored him for one punch. From what I recall Namor was put down and flew up to finish of his mission for Hitler.

It was even stated that the battle was over. Thor knew that Namor wasn't one permanently as he didn't want to put him down for the count as I recall.

Namor came back after him with his team mates later on if I recall.

snoopdogg
If he wasn't kayoed he was damm close. Namor's the type to get right back up and return the favor but it appears he could not.

nwg202
On paper Colossus seems to have the superior stats in terms of strength and durability, while we can assume that ares is the better fighter since he's the friggn god of war.

Can we list their opponents?

Ares-herc, war machine,?

Colossus- hulk, juggs, gladiator, abomination,?

Can ares superior fighting skills compensate and overcome colussus edge in raw physical power?

Sin I AM
lol Juggernaut, Hulk, Gladiator, and Abomination are not Colossus opponents. He is not in their league, although I agree he is under written.

as far as Namor I believe he's under written as well, he should be on aquamans level.

ares ftw imo

KingD19
Well Colossus has fought Juggernaut and held his own, but he eventually goes down just like everyone else Juggernaut fights H2H.
He fought Gladiator until some buildings came down around them. He was holding his own against him.
And while it was off panel, Colossus apparently bashed Abominations face in. In my opinion, Colossus is above Abomination.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.