Galactus and his abilities

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
could somebody please post a scan of Galactus using the power cosmic and cosmic awareness to find a weakness in a enemy and thus exploiting that weakness. I'm looking for a situation like SS and Gladiator where SS was going to replicate a weakness that Glads has for a victory.

I can't remember Galactus EVER doing this but maybe it has happened. My contention is that Tyrant being born out of the image of Galactus has much more PC/awareness and has had much longer to become adept to said powers then any herald. So, just because he didn't display this weakness scan ability during his few showings doesn't mean he couldn't. It's certainly probable that he could and that is what should count.

So, if Galactus hasn't been shown to do this very thing then are you people going to still say Galactus couldn't do it and SS could. That is blasphemy to some people to think Galactus couldn't do something SS can. Yet when Tyrant who was almost everybit as powerful as Galactus and his son is brought up then it's somehow reasonable to assume he couldn't? So, please show me the scans of Galactus doing this as I don't want to thumb through the respect thread. If Galactus hasn't been shown to do this then that makes what I'm saying even more true and it's game over imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol. I made this same point on the other thread.

I don't believe Galactus has scanned a being and determined his weakness. I could be wrong, but I don't recall anything from the top of my head.

Hitman911
We are talking about F-ing Galactus!!!!!!!!
Really do ya think he needs to scan for weaknesses?!?!?

Thorion
Since he's been in danger during fights on multiple occasions, yes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The point is people are saying Tyrant can't do it because he never showed an ability to do so during his very limited run. Yet Galactus to my knowledge never has shown the same method as SS did with Glads. Yet, people will back up big G as they should and be like well of course he could he's Galactus and is 100000 times more powerful then surfer yada yada yada. Yet when tyrant is brought up.... oooo well he just can't do it when tyrant is very close in power to Galactus. To me it's more then probable both Galactus and Tyrant can do such things yet people are trying to say well no they didn't display it so no. Makes no sense.

Hitman911
Maybe it's out of sheer arrogance. idk

Astanax
Originally posted by Thorion
Since he's been in danger during fights on multiple occasions, yes.

Galactus is above scanning for weaknesses. He probably feels that he doesn't need to. On all occasions when dealing with the FF he could literally turn them into goo with but a single thought. His character is written in such a manner that it seems as though he isn't bright enough to do those things but imo, he just doesn't need to.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Astanax
Galactus is above scanning for weaknesses. He probably feels that he doesn't need to. On all occasions when dealing with the FF he could literally turn them into goo with but a single thought. His character is written in such a manner that it seems as though he isn't bright enough to do those things but imo, he just doesn't need to.

Fine. So, are you like the others and feel that if he hasn't directly displayed this power that neither him nor Tyrant could do it.

Nihilist
Does'nt Galactus posses cosmic awareness.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Nihilist
Does'nt Galactus posses cosmic awareness.

Yes and therefore doesn't Tyrant even more so then any herald? yet people are claiming that since tyrant didn't display this power he couldn't do it. Yet I haven't seen Galactus display such power yet it's a given he could do anything ss could.

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
could somebody please post a scan of Galactus using the power cosmic and cosmic awareness to find a weakness in a enemy and thus exploiting that weakness. I'm looking for a situation like SS and Gladiator where SS was going to replicate a weakness that Glads has for a victory.

I can't remember Galactus EVER doing this but maybe it has happened. My contention is that Tyrant being born out of the image of Galactus has much more PC/awareness and has had much longer to become adept to said powers then any herald. So, just because he didn't display this weakness scan ability during his few showings doesn't mean he couldn't. It's certainly probable that he could and that is what should count.

So, if Galactus hasn't been shown to do this very thing then are you people going to still say Galactus couldn't do it and SS could. That is blasphemy to some people to think Galactus couldn't do something SS can. Yet when Tyrant who was almost everybit as powerful as Galactus and his son is brought up then it's somehow reasonable to assume he couldn't? So, please show me the scans of Galactus doing this as I don't want to thumb through the respect thread. If Galactus hasn't been shown to do this then that makes what I'm saying even more true and it's game over imo.

I see what you are saying, but I see the other side as well.

I am not sure what your "spritual" beliefs are, but I see it like this.

I believe in God and that God created us.

Anything we can do, it would be silly to think that God itself cannot not do it, even though we haven't seen it.

For example, There are basketball players that can jump extremely high.
Now, what you are saying is just because we haven't seen the creator do it, that we don't know if he can do it as well.

IMO, if the creator is responsible for your overall abilites in the first place. It makes perfect sense that the creator has created you in part of their own image, which means that making you in part form of themselves.

So in theory, if SS can do it.
It's not piss to assume that Big G can't do it as well.

In these type of situations, I can think outside of want is written.

Not everything has to be on panel or left to the writters for you to decide. That's what imagination is for.

Mindset
Originally posted by SouthSpawn
That's what imagination is for. Your imagination is for you to be able to masturbate when your internet is down.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Mindset
Your imagination is for you to be able to masturbate when your internet is down.

What's your opinion on the matter Mindset?

iceman24567
Nah Tyrant can't do it no expression

darthgoober
Anybody remember what happened when Doom stole Galactus's powers in Secret Wars...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/SecretWars10_05.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/SecretWars10_06.jpg

I think it's safe to say that Galactus has Cosmic Awareness. Doom then went on to trap CM in her light form, which some would classify as "weakness explotation". But that's about the closest thing I can think of.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by darthgoober
Anybody remember what happened when Doom stole Galactus's powers in Secret Wars...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/SecretWars10_05.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/SecretWars10_06.jpg

I think it's safe to say that Galactus has Cosmic Awareness. Doom then went on to trap CM in her light form, which some would classify as "weakness explotation". But that's about the closest thing I can think of.

Well Darth what is your opinion on what I'm talking about? Don't you think it's probable that Tyrant and Galactus have awareness that surpass or at least match SS. In other words, could they do what SS did to Glads? It's seem only logical either could yet people are arguing that since they didn't display a scanning for weakness to defeat a foe they can't.

fangirl101
Galactus doesn't need to scan for weaknesses. get this bull out of here. he is weakness personified. He ****ing eats planets full of life. He is death and life all rolled up in one. He also isn't that kind of thinker. He's an abstract being. they don't think in such limited terms.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by fangirl101
Galactus doesn't need to scan for weaknesses. get this bull out of here. he is weakness personified. He ****ing eats planets full of life. He is death and life all rolled up in one. He also isn't that kind of thinker. He's an abstract being. they don't think in such limited terms.

Exactly my point... Thus Tyrant would was made in his image and much much more the Surfer could ever be should be able to do so or even be beyond that as you claim

psycho gundam
Well Darth what is your opinion on what I'm talking about? Don't you think it's probable that Tyrant and Galactus have awareness that surpass or at least match SS. In other words, could they do what SS did to Glads? It's seem only logical either could yet people are arguing that since they didn't display a scanning for weakness to defeat a foe they can't. cosmic awareness can make the user go mad if used too much if the user's psyche is not up to par for such all spanning knowledge/vision, that's what happened to genis-vell.
quasar is also relegated to a far lessar version of cosmic awareness (that he got from eon) that he knows not to mess around with lest he go insane as a result.

galactus' mind is perfectly suited for even more grander uses of omniscience than even the silver surfer by many magnitudes since he is a true cosmic entity. and since surfer was blessed with cosmic awareness and the power cosmic at a fraction of what galactus possesses, it's pretty elementary that galan's vision is far more all spanning.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by psycho gundam
cosmic awareness can make the user go mad if used too much if the user's psyche is not up to par for such all spanning knowledge/vision, that's what happened to genis-vell.
quasar is also relegated to a far lessar version of cosmic awareness (that he got from eon) that he knows not to mess around with lest he go insane as a result.

galactus' mind is perfectly suited for even more grander uses of omniscience than even the silver surfer by many magnitudes since he is a true cosmic entity. and since surfer was blessed with cosmic awareness and the power cosmic at a fraction of what galactus possesses, it's pretty elementary that galan's vision is far more all spanning.

I agree but thus shouldn't Tyrant's be as well? He was made in Galactus image and blessed with far far more cosmic power then any of the heralds combined. He eats and feeds off planets just the same. Yet why is it so hard for people to believe that Tyrant could use all that he was given from his maker to be his near equal and figure out a weakness as SS did. My argument is exactly that... just because Galactus hasn't shown what SS did doesn't mean he couldn't and the same certianly applies to Tyrant.

darthgoober
Well Darth what is your opinion on what I'm talking about? Don't you think it's probable that Tyrant and Galactus have awareness that surpass or at least match SS. In other words, could they do what SS did to Glads? It's seem only logical either could yet people are arguing that since they didn't display a scanning for weakness to defeat a foe they can't.
I think it's both logical and probable, but at the end of the day that's just my opinion if there's nothing concrete to support. If someone refuses to believe it unless they see it, even the best reasoning will be for naught.

My advice, give your reasoning to support the idea and leave it for the spectators to decide who's right. In a debate your goal isn't to convince the person you're arguing against that you're right, it's to convince those WATCHING the debate. If someone wants to look unreasonable that's on them, if you're points are clear and well reasoned everyone will know who's ahead in the argument even if the other side doesn't concede the point.

psycho gundam
well, tyrant didn't seem to be the type that would do that sort of thing even if he could, kinda like morg. he seemed more bent on gathering power so he could get back to hunting galactus again with sheer force. it may be that he just didn't feel threatened by the characters he fought so that tactic was unnecessary....who knows.

so in essence, it's plausible that he could use cosmic awareness just like his "father" and some of the more tactical heralds, but imo his personality and bloodthirsty way of fighting overrides that strategy.
and that's assuming he even has it, galactus could have limited him in that aspect since he knew tyrant was not trust worthy and stripped of most of his power. he probably lost his CA when he lost his might, maybe if he is re-powered he can get it back.

psycho gundam
but you can always steal cosmic awareness from someone else, that's what maelstrom did to gain his when he killed anomaly and usurped his role.

fangirl101
I agree but thus shouldn't Tyrant's be as well? He was made in Galactus image and blessed with far far more cosmic power then any of the heralds combined. He eats and feeds off planets just the same. Yet why is it so hard for people to believe that Tyrant could use all that he was given from his maker to be his near equal and figure out a weakness as SS did. My argument is exactly that... just because Galactus hasn't shown what SS did doesn't mean he couldn't and the same certianly applies to Tyrant. Tyrant had a vast army in his fights with Galactus. He wasn't all that galactus was. He was made in his image but he wasn't him. Tyrant also couldn't firmly put Thanos down. If he could scan for weakness as you suggest, he would have scanned for Thanocide and used it.

psycho gundam
nobody but drax can use that power, it was specifically granted to him from cronus.

fangirl101
nobody but drax can use that power, it was specifically granted to him from cronus.
galactus>>>cronus.

Anything that cronus can grant, Big G could do better.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant had a vast army in his fights with Galactus. He wasn't all that galactus was. He was made in his image but he wasn't him. Tyrant also couldn't firmly put Thanos down. If he could scan for weakness as you suggest, he would have scanned for Thanocide and used it.

So, this is the theory that just because he couldn't he can't? As many have pointed out if somebody far beneath him in cosmic powers like SS can do it then certainly it's probably Tyrant can. You would at least agree to that right Fangirl? You can always say well doesn't mean he can or whatever. However, the fact remains that it's very probable he could do that exact thing if needed. Your acting like he's some chump that galactus discarded and didn't bless with enormous power. When they originally fought they battled for thousands of years and wrecked galaxies in the process. That seems to be pretty damn close to what Galactus was. Furthermore, even at a DP level he was able to trade blows with Galactus and even gain the upper hand. The point is he isn't some scrub and is far more then SS in terms of Cosmic Power and having had it for far longer to get adept at using it in many ways. It's seem only LOGICAL he could replicate what SS did against Glads. By the same token it's also very likely Galactus could do that very thing even though he hasn't been seen doing it. Again the point is just because they haven't been seen doing it there has to be some level of logic and plausability especially when your dealing with the Power Cosmic which all parties have just some way more then others.

Mindset
galactus>>>cronus.

Anything that cronus can grant, Big G could do better. Cronus is a better freestyler

fangirl101
So, this is the theory that just because he couldn't he can't? As many have pointed out if somebody far beneath him in cosmic powers like SS can do it then certainly it's probably Tyrant can. You would at least agree to that right Fangirl? You can always say well doesn't mean he can or whatever. However, the fact remains that it's very probable he could do that exact thing if needed. Your acting like he's some chump that galactus discarded and didn't bless with enormous power. When they originally fought they battled for thousands of years and wrecked galaxies in the process. That seems to be pretty damn close to what Galactus was. Furthermore, even at a DP level he was able to trade blows with Galactus and even gain the upper hand. The point is he isn't some scrub and is far more then SS in terms of Cosmic Power and having had it for far longer to get adept at using it in many ways. It's seem only LOGICAL he could replicate what SS did against Glads. By the same token it's also very likely Galactus could do that very thing even though he hasn't been seen doing it. Again the point is just because they haven't been seen doing it there has to be some level of logic and plausability especially when your dealing with the Power Cosmic which all parties have just some way more then others.
Who says Tyrant has Cosmic awareness? Tyrant's power didn't even all come from the PC in his Depowered state. He was drawing power from other beings around the universe. Anything is plausible if it's a character you are arguing for. Check my DS and highfather thread and apply your same logic there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

psycho gundam
galactus>>>cronus.

Anything that cronus can grant, Big G could do better. that's why galactus himself had to resort to using a concentrated beam to smite thanos.

fangirl101
that's why galactus himself had to resort to using a concentrated beam to smite thanos. I thought that was to get past thanos's shields. Tech shields. Oh my fault. It was. he didn't need to detect thanos weakness. Thanos was about to die just the same.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Who says Tyrant has Cosmic awareness? Tyrant's power didn't even all come from the PC in his Depowered state. He was drawing power from other beings around the universe. Anything is plausible if it's a character you are arguing for. Check my DS and highfather thread and apply your same logic there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I responded.

It's more plausible somebody with more Cosmic Power and having it for way longer and proven to be a near equal of his father is LIKELY and it's LOGICAL to assume he could probably do what far less heralds could do. So, your saying if you give somebody a fraction of YOUR power they can do things you could never do... Logic is on my side. Plain and simple.

fangirl101
I responded.

It's more plausible somebody with more Cosmic Power and having it for way longer and proven to be a near equal of his father is LIKELY and it's LOGICAL to assume he could probably do what far less heralds could do. So, your saying if you give somebody a fraction of YOUR power they can do things you could never do... Logic is on my side. Plain and simple. Power has nothing to do with need. And need is what drives skill.

psycho gundam
I responded.

It's more plausible somebody with more Cosmic Power and having it for way longer and proven to be a near equal of his father is LIKELY and it's LOGICAL to assume he could probably do what far less heralds could do. So, your saying if you give somebody a fraction of YOUR power they can do things you could never do... Logic is on my side. Plain and simple. precisely. it's a fair assessment to assume tyrant, a being galactus intended to be his mini me has what he has.

it's like batman training robin from the ground up, you would assume robin had some of batman rubbed off on him (get your mind out of the gutter)

Utrigita
they battled for thousands of years and wrecked galaxies in the process.

I'm not sure that it was Galactus and Tyrant battle that toke the thousand of years but rather Tyrant fight against the Sisters...

Badabing
Moving.

Scoobless
So, your saying if you give somebody a fraction of YOUR power they can do things you could never do... Logic is on my side. Plain and simple.

You mean like the time Galactus made Johnny Storm his herald and Johnny found a planet that was completely invisible to Galactus' senses?

The fact that all heralds have slightly different powers seems to imply that the power cosmic doesn't affect any two beings in exactly the same way. It's no huge leap to assume that they may, on occasion, provide a feat of ability or skill that Galactus himself isn't capable of replicating (such as the aforementioned example)

Utrigita
Originally posted by Scoobless
You mean like the time Galactus made Johnny Storm his herald and Johnny found a planet that was completely invisible to Galactus' senses?

The fact that all heralds have slightly different powers seems to imply that the power cosmic doesn't affect any two beings in exactly the same way. It's no huge leap to assume that they may, on occasion, provide a feat of ability or skill that Galactus himself isn't capable of replicating (such as the aforementioned example)

Well to my knowlegde it have be a lesser ore greater extent based on how you look at it been retconned, the first Four Heralds Galactus employed, he stated that he had created those four from the four fundamental elements (Fire, Water, Air and Earth)
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Heralds/002FFv1211.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Heralds/003FFv1211.jpg

However according to Thanos statement from Annihilation the reason why we never see a Character with the same abilities with the power cosmic is because it's attributed with the soul.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2264/annihilation3011hr7.jpg

Doctor-Alvis
Power Cosmic seems to give the user a set list of powers. Whether or not the powers are used are probably up to the user's imagination and skill.

Digi
use the questions thread. making a thread to demand a scan isn't allowed.

erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.