Walmart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KakashiKun
Walmart is making their a particalr chopping section or something, for a certain race of people. (think it was mexicans). Opinions on this?

Symmetric Chaos
They're idiots.

Also, I'd like to see an article. Somehow it seems unlikely.

Mairuzu
what

Bicnarok
Whats a walmart

Naz
My Walmart has half an aisle or so dedicated to "hispanic" foods.

Scythe
I don't want to get chopped!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Whats a walmart laughing

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Whats a walmart

Lord Knightfa11
its a white trash store. seriously? just because they have half an isle with tortillas and salsa doesn't mean they are racist in their consumer targeting.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
its a white trash store. seriously? just because they have half an isle with tortillas and salsa doesn't mean they are racist in their consumer targeting.

If they call it a "Hispanic" isle it certainly does.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If they call it a "Hispanic" isle it certainly does.

Well, I'd assume it refers to where it comes from rather than where it goes to.

Not a great naming, obviously, but not racist, I think.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, I'd assume it refers to where it comes from rather than where it goes to.

Not a great naming, obviously, but not racist, I think.

So they're advertising their use of illegal workers? Because last I checked there was no place called "Hispanicstan".

Bardock42
So they're advertising their use of illegal workers? Because last I checked there was no place called "Hispanicstan".

Like I said, they are trying to give a label to dominantly latin american food products, it's not a great choice in words, it is not, however, racist.

WhoopeeDee
Originally posted by MR_GRUUVE
Walmart is making their a particalr chopping section or something, for a certain race of people. (think it was mexicans). Opinions on this?

Hispanics are big consumers...everyone knows that. More business for them....keep the economy up.

red g jacks
If they call it a "Hispanic" isle it certainly does. just like every ethnically themed restaurant then? italian, chinese, cajun, soul food..

botankus
Originally posted by MR_GRUUVE
Walmart is making their a particalr chopping section

This took me a good minute to figure out what the **** a "chopping" section was. Because I've been to the Deli at Wal-Mart a million times, and I was getting worried that I'd have to endure racism while waiting for my chopped goods. False alarm.

MR_GRUUVE
http://www.zonalatina.com/Zldata380.htm
Think it's related. I'll keep looking.

MildPossession
We have world food sections in supermarkets here in Britain, Polish section, Japanese, Chinese, and so on. Nothing wrong with it at all. If we had a certain big enough % of people from South America, there would no doubt be a section for whatever country.

I see no problems.

dadudemon
Originally posted by MildPossession
We have world food sections in supermarkets here in Britain, Polish section, Japanese, Chinese, and so on. Nothing wrong with it at all. If we had a certain big enough % of people from South America, there would no doubt be a section for whatever country.

I see no problems.

What she said.

I would love to have my own foods all in one section. Why would I be offended by an "Italiano" section?

So why should someone be offended by a "Hispanic" section? My mother-in-law, full blood mexican, loves those sections at Wal-Mart and other stores who have them. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.