Black Bolt vs. Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trackz
Black Bolt:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/467779-black_bolt_philip_tan02_super.jpg

vs.

Blue Marvel:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3853/586757-blue_marvel2_super.jpg

neither wants to kill the other, takes place on the moon.

Harbinger
Given the circumstances, I'd probably go with Marvel.

bbrem123
if neither want to kill each other then it would be close...ill give the edge to BM tho

tkitna
Blue Marvel

Naija boy
Even without using his voice BB still wins. He is physically on par with gladiator and has numerous other powers.

Original Smurph
What are BM's best feats? I haven't really paid attention to him at all.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Original Smurph
What are BM's best feats? I haven't really paid attention to him at all.

Stopping an asteroid the size of Arkansas, taking a nuke point blank, lifting a US battleship out of the Pacific and carrying it back to land, beating Anti-Man solo (twice), being capable of splitting the moon in half with a punch (so says Uatu), and one-shotting Sentry into orbit....

I'd say BM wins at least 7/10.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Enyalus
Stopping an asteroid the size of Arkansas, taking a nuke point blank, lifting a US battleship out of the Pacific and carrying it back to land, beating Anti-Man solo (twice), being capable of splitting the moon in half with a punch (so says Uatu), and one-shotting Sentry into orbit....

I'd say BM wins at least 7/10. Meh.

That's impressive, but really nothing that Black Bolt's immense versatility doesn't overcome.

Enyalus
All out? Sure.

Holding back so they don't kill each other? ...Meh.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Even out his voice Black Bolt wins this fight.

Original Smurph
All out? Sure.

Holding back so they don't kill each other? ...Meh. Wait, what?

Enyalus
Wait, what?

If everyone's going all out, then yeah, Black Bolt wins. Matter manipulation, voice, etc. But they aren't trying to kill each other here. I think that cuts down on the options. And physically BM > Black Bolt.

Original Smurph
If everyone's going all out, then yeah, Black Bolt wins. Matter manipulation, voice, etc. But they aren't trying to kill each other here. I think that cuts down on the options. And physically BM > Black Bolt. Black Bolt can use his voice in extreme moderation. He doesn't need to scream.

Matter manip can still be used to cause huge explosions, make anti-matter, make shields and constructs... there's still no reason that Black Bolt needs to use his fists.

Rage.Of.Olympus
physically BM > Black Bolt.

That's highly debatable. Black Bolt has gone toe to toe with the Hulk and has been called his close second in strength, shrugged of Ikaris if I remember right etc. While pissed of he has manhandled Gladiator and so on.

From what I read, that's all at his base, and he can amp his stats rather high and has physical weapons such as the Master Blow.

Blue Marvel being superior is highly questionable and in my opinion, in the end, with his abilities, Black Bolt can be the superior physically.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's highly debatable. Black Bolt has gone toe to toe with the Hulk and has been called his close second in strength, shrugged of Ikaris if I remember right etc. While pissed of he has manhandled Gladiator and so on.

From what I read, that's all at his base, and he can amp his stats rather high and has physical weapons such as the Master Blow.

Blue Marvel being superior is highly questionable and in my opinion, in the end, with his abilities, Black Bolt can be the superior physically.

Where were you for the BB vs. Supes and BB vs. WW threads? Bump those. Tell them that.

Thanks.

stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
Where were you for the BB vs. Supes and BB vs. WW threads? Bump those. Tell them that.

Thanks.

stick out tongue

I was on the Wonder Woman vs. Black Bolt thread debating for Black Bolt for like 10 pages. I never recall debating on the Superman vs. Black Bolt thread.

Enyalus
I was on the Wonder Woman vs. Black Bolt thread debating for Black Bolt for like 10 pages. I never recall debating on the Superman vs. Black Bolt thread.

Ah. I picked BB for both and remember being in the minority. lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh, lol.

GalacticStorm
Meh.

That's impressive, but really nothing that Black Bolt's immense versatility doesn't overcome.

Im pretty sure Blue Marvel could deliver a killer blow before Black Bolts sonic based attacks could be initiated. Black Bolts durability isnt that great, neither is he a top tier powerhouse. From the speed and strength Blue Marvels displayed, i'd say he definitely takes it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Im pretty sure Blue Marvel could deliver a killer blow before Black Bolts sonic based attacks could be initiated. Black Bolts durability isnt that great, neither is he a top tier powerhouse. From the speed and strength Blue Marvels displayed, i'd say he definitely takes it.

You are underestimating Black Bolt.

This guy has taken attacks from Ikaris, a blood lusted Gladiator, an enraged Hulk to the face and didn't even stagger. This is all at his base.

How the hell is his durability not great?

Blue Marvel delivering the killer blow now seems highly unlikely in my opinion. Black Bolt can take whatever he can dish and keep on coming.

Throw in his ability to increase his stats, and he is as powerful as they come physically. He is superior in my opinion.

You are underestimating Black Bolt.

Blue Marvel's speed isn't going to do much good as Black Bolt has the ability to create Force Fields, has vast telepathic powers etc. He is also extremely fast.

Mekrob
Black Bolt

Naija boy
what are the blue Marvels speed feats? Cuz blackbolt has superspeed as well and i want to know why people think BM is faster. The gap between them physically isnt all that much anyways. BM did knock sentry into orbit, but also got koed by him as well. So he isnt physically beyond blackbolts level. Blackbolt has physically matched up well with hulk and gladiator (who it can be argued are stronger than sentry). 4's no slouch in that department. Add in his other powers(electron blasts so powerful they that sent sphinx flying lightyears,electron manipulation,antimatter,molecular manip,forcefield etc.) and he should win this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Black Bolt wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
what are the blue Marvels speed feats? Cuz blackbolt has superspeed as well and i want to know why people think BM is faster. The gap between them physically isnt all that much anyways. BM did knock sentry into orbit, but also got koed by him as well. So he isnt physically beyond blackbolts level. Blackbolt has physically matched up well with hulk and gladiator (who it can be argued are stronger than sentry). 4's no slouch in that department. Add in his other powers(electron blasts so powerful they that sent sphinx flying lightyears,electron manipulation,antimatter,molecular manip,forcefield etc.) and he should win this.

Don't forget he did all those physical feats at his base if I recall. So he should have the physical advantage with his abilities to amp.

Naija boy
Don't forget he did all those physical feats at his base if I recall. So he should have the physical advantage with his abilities to amp.

True i cant remember any indication of amping. Then with things like the master blow( i remeber an issue where he took down ikaris with it when he didnt even properly execute it), physically he should probably have the advantage.

Starscream M
True i cant remember any indication of amping. Then with things like the master blow( i remeber an issue where he took down ikaris with it when he didnt even properly execute it), physically he should probably have the advantage. how powerful is the master blow?

Rage.Of.Olympus
True i cant remember any indication of amping. Then with things like the master blow( i remeber an issue where he took down ikaris with it when he didnt even properly execute it), physically he should probably have the advantage.

I remember that fight. In that same issue I believe he shrugged of Ikaris like he was a child.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Starscream M
how powerful is the master blow?

Powerful enough to take down Ikaris the eternal (very durable mid herald level character) without even properly connecting.

UniOmni
I think BB would win based on power shown, but i do think BM holds the edge physically.
He 1-punch koed Sentry into orbit, and was only dropped when Sentry divebombed him from behind from space while BM was facing the other avengers.

BB has shown more power, but i don't think the Master blow is gonna be of much help here. Its more his exotic powers that get him the win here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by UniOmni
I think BB would win based on power shown, but i do think BM holds the edge physically.
He 1-punch koed Sentry into orbit, and was only dropped when Sentry divebombed him from behind from space while BM was facing the other avengers.

BB has shown more power, but i don't think the Master blow is gonna be of much help here. Its more his exotic powers that get him the win here.

Using Sentry as a feat isn't that great in my opinion as his power varies greatly with his mental stability.

Either way, Black Bolt has manhandled Gladiator, shrugged of Ikaris, took blows form Hulk without even staggering etc.

Physically at his base he rivals Blue Marvel. With his ability to amp, he should be superior in my opinion.

UniOmni
Alright, but Ikaris isn't in the same league as Hulk or Gladiator physically. Just wanted to clarify that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Alright, but Ikaris isn't in the same league as Hulk or Gladiator physically. Just wanted to clarify that.

Fair enough.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Im pretty sure Blue Marvel could deliver a killer blow before Black Bolts sonic based attacks could be initiated. Black Bolts durability isnt that great, neither is he a top tier powerhouse. From the speed and strength Blue Marvels displayed, i'd say he definitely takes it. They're not out to kill each other, so, without knowing the exact extent of Black Bolt's durability, it's highly unlikely that Blue Marvel's gonna speedblitz off the bat with a ZOMG punch.

Not to mention, Black Bolt also has some measure of super speed, and is capable of making electron shields and so on. He'd have to be faster than Black Bolt's speed of thought.

jalek moye
his fights with gladiator where they went punch for punch he was amped. same with his fight with thor. he doesnt take anytime to amp the antenna on his head draws in the electrons and he does it practically instantly.

Trackz
Using Sentry as a feat isn't that great in my opinion as his power varies greatly with his mental stability.

Either way, Black Bolt has manhandled Gladiator, shrugged of Ikaris, took blows form Hulk without even staggering etc.

Physically at his base he rivals Blue Marvel. With his ability to amp, he should be superior in my opinion. sentry was mentally stable, the writer was basically showing bluemarvel=sentry in terms of strength (the same for hulk and thor)

Trackz
not positive on this, but couldnt Blue Marvel disperse Black Bolts energy similar to what he did against Anti-Man?

Naija boy
Originally posted by jalek moye
his fights with gladiator where they went punch for punch he was amped. same with his fight with thor. he doesnt take anytime to amp the antenna on his head draws in the electrons and he does it practically instantly.

Was the amping ever mentioned though?

BlueDMighty
Black Bolt can use his voice in extreme moderation. He doesn't need to scream.

Matter manip can still be used to cause huge explosions, make anti-matter, make shields and constructs... there's still no reason that Black Bolt needs to use his fists.

BM is a stable anti matter reactor.
He's able to manipulate energy to an unspecified degree.
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9066/scan0001k.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/scan0001k.jpg/1/w1887.png

He also soloed an entire invading Alien Armada

BlueDMighty
I doubt that in a physical contest BB can put the Sentry into orbit with one punch (excluding the Master blow).

On top of being Sentry Strong, he's also brilliant in the fields of Theoretical physics and Electrical engineering (using the Avengers to create a crude Cyclotron in the field).

As per his durability, A Hydrogen bomb blew up in his hands, and it took the combined efforts of the Avengers and Sentry dive bombing from space to knock him unconscious.

Correction, it took Sentry Dive Bombing from orbit while Adam shook off the MA to knock him unconscious (MA were getting the snot beat out of 'em).

All this while he was just trying to get his point across, but not kill anybody.

I say BM 6/10

boonie
LOL at Rage.

carver9
Black bolt is underrated and he's a BEAST.

Blue marvel is also a beast.

Black bolt wins this 8/10 to versatile and he's a better physical fighter and is blue marvels equal physically.

pinky80
Prove it.

You said it so it can most likely be ignored anyway.

guy222
http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/8580/54886c85799743.jpg

dmills
I'm not so sure BM was even ko'ed by Bob. More like he just passed out from exhuastion. Unless people are arguing a tko via delayed touch lol.

Black bolt z
BB wins.He can still whisper.Also uber strength,reflex's,speed,matter manip,and mindrape will lead him to victory.

celeyhyga17
Black Bolt wins. Blue Marvel is almost featless.

Warlord
Nice fight. If BB won't scream I see Marvel winning.

he should be in an avengers team by the way

the Darkone
Black Bolt!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.