Link Versus Wesker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
LoZ's hero (you all know by now) against RE's pain in the ass.

Who wins? If this is spite, I don't mean it to be. For the sake of fair play, let's say Link is limited to his TP incarnation. Hopefully that'll even things out.

So, have at it boys. big grin

Nemesis X
Wesker just pulls a gun out of his coat and shoots Link in the forehead.

KingD19
Well, new Wesker is teleporting around and tossing people like rag dolls, I say Link takes a swing, Wesker ports behind him, then infects him with the T-Virus. And there you have it, the 1st pointy eared zombie.

XanatosForever
I don't think you guys are giving credit where credit is due for Link. I think this would be a close match, given Link's incarnation, and might go either way.

KingD19
I'm not saying anything against Link, since time and time again he has shown to be an exceptional swordsman and warrior in general, but Wesker's new strength, speed/teleportation, and the fact that he can turn into that big thingy might give him the win.

XanatosForever
Unfortunately, I don't really have the proper knowledge to make a strong argument for Link. Hopefully someone else will pick it up, because I think this would be an interesting match.

Voyeur
idk who the hell wesker is =P

Nemesis X
Originally posted by KingD19
I'm not saying anything against Link, since time and time again he has shown to be an exceptional swordsman and warrior in general, but Wesker's new strength, speed/teleportation, and the fact that he can turn into that big thingy might give him the win.

Actually Wesker moves so damn fast he looks like he teleports. You forgot to add his gun. What's Link gonna do when Wesker pulls that gun lightspeed out of his coat pocket and shoots?

Wesker is someone nobody should mess with. You should see how he does Chris in RE5.

Are you serious?

Voyeur
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Actually Wesker moves so damn fast he looks like he teleports. You forgot to add his gun. What's Link gonna do when Wesker pulls that gun lightspeed out of his coat pocket and shoots?

Wesker is someone nobody should mess with. You should see how he does Chris in RE5.

Are you serious?

yeah I'm serious. I find zombies, ninjas, pirates and other pop culture media hype icons really lame and boring, not to mention over rated. People ruin things.

So I never bothered with the RE series.

also, I don't think this guy could pull a gun out at "LightSpeed" but Link could still use his Shield to deflect the bullets.

KingD19
Well, he could do that if Wesker was in front of him when he tried to shoot him, but this guy teleports, or is just insanely fast. He could get behind Link then pull the trigger, end of story.

Voyeur
heh...*smiles* ...cute

I would love to help feed your ego Xanatos and bump this thread by actually putting effort into this but these ...umm...challengers against Link at the moment wouldn't be worth my time.

tl;dr: I'd JV4stock them via gimps in a 2 vs 1.

XanatosForever
Link is more durable than a bullet's piercing potential, not to mention his reaction time is astounding.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Voyeur
heh...*smiles* ...cute

I would love to help feed your ego Xanatos and bump this thread by actually putting effort into this but these ...umm...challengers against Link at the moment wouldn't be worth my time.

tl;dr: I'd JV4stock them via gimps in a 2 vs 1.

If you're not gonna help then gtfo mah thread, troll. wink Just kidding. <3 NoTL.

KingD19
Well, blunt force trauma and energy attacks are different than piercing attacks. I'm pretty sure if a full clip gets emptied into him, if it doesn't kill him, he's going to feel it.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Voyeur
I don't think this guy could pull a gun out at "LightSpeed"

Play RE5, fight Wesker, and tell me that again.

ScreamPaste
I told Xan I wanted no part of this thread, but .. Damnit you conned me into posting!

Link is literally beyond a bullet hurting him, and if he wasn't he can still react.

XanatosForever
Well, blunt force trauma and energy attacks are different than piercing attacks. I'm pretty sure if a full clip gets emptied into him, if it doesn't kill him, he's going to feel it.

Agreed, they are different, but even with a limit to aLttP, Link is still confronted with enemies that wield blades, which have high slashing/piercing potenital, and they haven't affect him.

He probably would feel a clip, but chances are his reaction will allow him to defend before half of the magazine is out.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I told Xan I wanted no part of this thread, but .. Damnit you conned me into posting!

Link is literally beyond a bullet hurting him, and if he wasn't he can still react.

Remember, Scream, this is aLttP Link we're talking about.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Agreed, they are different, but even with a limit to aLttP, Link is still confronted with enemies that wield blades, which have high slashing/piercing potenital, and they haven't affect him.

He probably would feel a clip, but chances are his reaction will allow him to defend before half of the magazine is out.

You said TP, you asked for the weakest (nontoon) Link incarnation and at the end of aLttP he has the whole triforce... D:<!

Also, he could react earlier and barely feel.

KingD19
I'm not denying his speed, but when you've got a guy whose across the room, who is then next to you, then knocks you into the air, and get ups there before you do, then knocks you down. All in the span of seconds, Link will be hard pressed to keep up.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Remember, Scream, this is aLttP Link we're talking about.

.......................................^

Also, *TP* Link fought Ganondorf's human form, who while not as broken physicly strong, is still capable of layign down ALOT more lbs/squareinch of force with his sword than any bullet would produce.

ScreamPaste
I'm not denying his speed, but when you've got a guy whose across the room, who is then next to you, then knocks you into the air, and get ups there before you do, then knocks you down. All in the span of seconds, Link will be hard pressed to keep up.

Can we get a speed feat out of him that can be used to estimate his speed?

Voyeur
Play RE5, fight Wesker, and tell me that again. I don't need to. Learn what Lightspeed is and come back.

XanatosForever
You said TP, you asked for the weakest (nontoon) Link incarnation and at the end of aLttP he has the whole triforce... D:<!

Also, he could react earlier and barely feel.

No, I asked YOU, Mr. Linkxpert, to pick one for the weakest nontoon Link incarnation, and you said it was a toss up...also, you're right. I did switch it to TP. So frusty on me. XP

Voyeur
Then setting aside the the fact of the dream. I think Link's Awakening Link is probably the weakest non-toon.

KingD19
Wesker being bad ass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgDVOpS6zI

ScreamPaste
I said aLttP as a joke, Xan, he gets the entire Triforce. =P

ScreamPaste
Wesker being bad ass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgDVOpS6zI

I watched the vid, this is spite =/

It's possible to move faster than a person can track with their eye without breaking the sound barrier, and from that vid he's not strong enough to hurt Link at all.

Bonus edit: I'm off for tonight, Xan... Win your own filthy spite thread.

Voyeur
The Legend of Zelda: items & weapons

* Blue Ring
* Red Ring
* Wooden Sword
* White Sword
* Magical Sword
* Wooden Shield
* Magical Shield
* Boomerang
* Magical Boomerang
* Bomb
* Magic Book
* Magic Wand
* Arrow
* Silver Arrow
* Bow
* Raft
* Ladder
* Blue Candle
* Red Candle
* Magical Key
* Blue Potion
* Red Potion
we will exclude the whole Triforce.
And when you thought the OG Link would be lame, here is proving the feat of being able to deal with a Teleporting, not only fast moving, but instant teleporting Ganon that is also completely invisible and casting energy blasts. Excusing this players horrible skill, Link would other wise prove he can deal with instant porting speed enemies and slash at them with reaction time.
rT1h6KXDDNU
Also in the clip previously show of RE, there were moments where Wesker was shown to be physically grabbed or in reach of contact, Link with that given chance would mean some heavy and critical damage for Wesker.

KingD19
You';ve made good points, but I still think Wesker takes it, because he looks and sounds cool, lol

XanatosForever
While I applaud your sense of style, King, I'm afraid you'll have to do better than that to have Wesker take this win. wink

KingD19
I only need one thing if I want Wesker to win.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q84/mr_sparks80/spongebob.jpg

IMAAAAAGINAAAATION!!!!!!

ScreamPaste
I only need one thing if I want Wesker to win.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q84/mr_sparks80/spongebob.jpg

IMAAAAAGINAAAATION!!!!!!

I liek this guy's optimism! laughing

KingD19
Preciate it screampaste.

XanatosForever
Indeed. I'm tempted to actually give him the win just for his tenacity. :P

KingD19
I won't be mad if you do.

Voyeur
Well with some imagination Link can do the fabled....
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/360410578_f4733b64db_o.jpg

ScreamPaste
ROFL. YES.

King-Fingolfin
The strongest feats Wesker has is shoving his fists through steel, and overpowering Chris, who managed to move a 20-30 ton rock.

As much as I like Wesker, Link wins this.

Nemesis X
Links strikes, Albert dodges, Albert appears behind Link, and snaps his neck.

ScreamPaste
Links strikes, Albert dodges, Albert appears behind Link, and snaps his neck.

With who's borrowed strength?

MR_GRUUVE
Technicall abilities versus super strength....
Wesker

XanatosForever
Sorry to drag this from another thread, but I'm too lazy to go back.

Just because you were a fanboy doesn't mean you were able to grasp all of Link's potential. Take a look at Link's respect thread to see what things have been shown. Not trying to call you out, either. Just making points.

Nemesis X
With who's borrowed strength?

You're kidding right? Wesker is strong enough to break steel and concrete and he can lift missiles and throw them. Anyone who is strong enough to do stuff like that doesn't need to borrow anyones strength to break that elfs neck.

ScreamPaste
You're kidding right? Wesker is strong enough to break steel and concrete and he can lift missiles and throw them. Anyone who is strong enough to do stuff like that doesn't need to borrow anyones strength to break that elfs neck.

Your ignorance astounds me, Link survived being INSIDE the moon at ground zero when it was destroyed by Majora's death throes, and goes head to head with one of the most physicly powerful beings in gaming history in sword fights and you think Wesker can snap Link's neck? This is spite on account of Wesker can't hurt him and Link can rip Wesker apart.

Wei Phoenix
Your ignorance astounds me, Link survived being INSIDE the moon at ground zero when it was destroyed by Majora's death throes, and goes head to head with one of the most physicly powerful beings in gaming history in sword fights and you think Wesker can snap Link's neck? This is spite on account of Wesker can't hurt him and Link can rip Wesker apart.

Who is one of the most physically powerful beings?

KingD19
Ganon.

And while Link shows durability to blunt force trauma, getting punched and getting your neck spanned are two different things. Plus Link isn't strong, he always relies on his weapons, or the Gauntlets.

ScreamPaste
Ganon.

And while Link shows durability to blunt force trauma, getting punched and getting your neck spanned are two different things. Plus Link isn't strong, he always relies on his weapons, or the Gauntlets.

Extremely debatable, for one if he can survive a moon explosion as a child Wesker cannot exert enough force to deal any sort of crushing damage.

Secondly, depending on the form of Link, even without the gauntlets Wesker cannot conveivably overpower even his neck muscles. Link could whip his headforward, flipping Wesker onto his back then sword him.

Wei Phoenix
Since when was Ganon recognized for his brute strength?

ScreamPaste
Since he disintegrated stone with brute force, disintegrated an entire being with a punch, and crushed an ancient magical artifact of power in his fist without effort.

KingD19
If Link makes a conscious effort true, but when you've got a guy who can teleport around like crazy, Link won't know what's happening.

And Ganon has always been strong, he just uses magic more.

ScreamPaste
Link can react on super sonic levels, if Wesker reappears near Link for more then a split second he's sworded, and he can't hurt Link so he might aswell gtfo.

KingD19
Well, Link's durability is inconsistent. In Majora's Mask he can take the moon exploding, but in that and every other Link game, he falls off a tall cliff, and what happens, he dies.

ScreamPaste
I've only ever seen him reappear after falling into a 'bottomless' or otherwise inescapable pit, and this would be to speed along gameplay, gettign stuck and resetting does not = fun.

KingD19
Play Ocarina of time and jump off one of those huge cliffs and land on the ground, do the same in Wind Waker. He dies, which proves his cut scene durability and in game durability are different. Also since he survived the moon hitting the planet as a child, shouldn't he be able to take everything Ganon throws at him without defending himself in game?

Nemesis X
Wesker gets sworded. Big whoop. Wesker gets stabbed a bunch of times and he only finds it a nuisance. Wesker got stabbed by a Tyrant. His chest had a gaping hole and Wesker still lived. In RE5, Sheva stabbed Wesker in the elbow and that was nothing to Wesker.

ScreamPaste
Play Ocarina of time and jump off one of those huge cliffs and land on the ground, do the same in Wind Waker. He dies, which proves his cut scene durability and in game durability are different. Also since he survived the moon hitting the planet as a child, shouldn't he be able to take everything Ganon throws at him without defending himself in game?

No. In OoT if you jump from the HIGHEST point possible, Link makes a VERY amusing and satisfying "yipeike-whine-" sound, then resumes play minus a HALF a heart. I have the sound memorrised and can emulate it on command because the first time I heard it it filled me with sadistic glee.

Also, seeign as cutscenes override gameplay, Link tanked the moon in a cut scene, and fell to earth fine. He's even tougher in cutscenes.

Wei Phoenix
Since he disintegrated stone with brute force, disintegrated an entire being with a punch, and crushed an ancient magical artifact of power in his fist without effort.

Magic and the Triforce of power runs through his body. Could that be why said things disentigrated?

Wei Phoenix
Wesker gets sworded. Big whoop. Wesker gets stabbed a bunch of times and he only finds it a nuisance. Wesker got stabbed by a Tyrant. His chest had a gaping hole and Wesker still lived. In RE5, Sheva stabbed Wesker in the elbow and that was nothing to Wesker.

Sheva didn't stab him with the Master Sword.

KingD19
You are right, he comes close to death, but doesn't die. Although I don't know how that fall would affect Wesker.

ScreamPaste
You are right, he comes close to death, but doesn't die. Although I don't know how that fall would affect Wesker.

Half a heart = close to death? but yeah, tanking the destruction of the moon inside out from inside, then faling to earth all in one go = beefy. I don't see Wesker hurting Link. =/

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Sheva didn't stab him with the Master Sword.

So? Wesker just dodges Link's swings.

ScreamPaste

By running away, I hope. wink

Wei Phoenix

Link is way more accurate and skilled with a blade than all RE characters combined.

Nemesis X
By running away, I hope. wink

If Wesker can dodge bullet fire, he can most certainly dodge sword swings so don't mock him.

ScreamPaste
I'm not mocking, I'm saying there is no point in him even attempting to harm Link.

And Link could potentially dodge bullet fire, seeign as he dodged attacks which broke the sound barrier, that would put him on par with Wesker's speed and thus easily capable of swording him. o_O; a severed head has a way of ruining your day.

Nemesis X
Wesker's too fast to have his head severed.

If Link got hit by a bullet, he would die.

Wei Phoenix
If Wesker can dodge bullet fire, he can most certainly dodge sword swings so don't mock him.

Does he dodge bullets at point blank range?

ScreamPaste
Wesker's too fast to have his head severed.

If Link got hit by a bullet, he would die.
.... /facepalm Have you read anything? Link would not die from a silly bullet that lacks the PSI to even harm him.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Does he dodge bullets at point blank range?

I'm guessing that you haven't fought Wesker yet in Resident Evil 5.

Nemesis X
.... /facepalm Have you read anything? Link would not die from a silly bullet that lacks the PSI to even harm him.

Link wouldn't die instantly if he got shot in the gut but if he got shot in the head, he's dead. I doubt his hat is bullet proof.

ScreamPaste
Link wouldn't die instantly if he got shot in the gut but if he got shot in the head, he's dead. I doubt his hat is bullet proof.

Good thing his skin, fat, muscle, skull, amniotic fluid, and brain are.

Nemesis X
Good thing his skin, fat, muscle, skull, amniotic fluid, and brain are.

Where's your proof?

ScreamPaste
Everywhere in every thread with Link's name on it, for one, read around a little bit, you can't miss it. Just for you I'll come back with math provign a bullet can't hurt him.

KingD19
Has Link ever gone up against arrows?

ScreamPaste
To hell with it, I'm lazy and I just checked the formulas for determining kenetic energy, I don't have that kind of time.

So instead I'll just give basic facts.

9x19 mm (bullet of a pistol) 340 m/s 1116 ft/s 761 mph 58 kJ/kg

K, 58 Kg of force over a half inch of area.

1 kilogram = 2.20462262 pounds

THUS: 128.6 x 2 PSI of force = 225 PSI of force.

hm, impressive, sort of.. Now, let's look at the PSI of things Link has withstood..

/moon explodes with Link inside and he falls to earth fine. OWAIT.

KingD19
But that was full body damage, you have to take into account the surface area of the bullet, with the PSI it has. All of that concentrated into one spot could pierce his skin.

ScreamPaste
But that was full body damage, you have to take into account the surface area of the bullet, with the PSI it has. All of that concentrated into one spot could pierce his skin.

Nah, the moon is approx 750 000 000 000 000 000 0 tons of rock and metal, an explosion that could destroy the moon would apply a thousand times that much PSI to Link's entire body.

CosmicComet

You can't be serious man...

Really? Tanking a point blank and center moon explosion would not leave anyone vulnerable to a mere bullet.

KingD19
The moon might not weigh as much or be as dense as our own moon. We have no idea the dimensions of the LoZ universes moon.

ScreamPaste
To put it in perspective, the bullet I did the math on can easily richochet off a human skull or ribcage at range, let alone Link's super durable skin.

CosmicComet
The moon might not weigh as much or be as dense as our own moon. We have no idea the dimensions of the LoZ universes moon.

The moon in Majora's Mask most certainly does not weigh as much as the real one.

But if you could even tank a rocket launcher would a bullet bother you? Nope.

CosmicComet
Nah, the moon is approx 750 000 000 million tons of rock and metal, an explosion that could destroy the moon would apply a thousand times that much PSI to Link's entire body.

There are 17 zeros in the weight of the moon in tons dude.

ScreamPaste
Shhhhh. Slight oversight. That's it's weight in millions of tons <.<

CosmicComet
Slight? You go from 750 million tons to a number I don't even know the name of with the correct number of zeros. lol.

ScreamPaste
750 000 000 Million =P

CosmicComet
750 000 000 Million =P

That's still only 13 zeros. lol.

ScreamPaste
.. Quiet you Q.Q

Nactous
Link

Nemesis X
Albert

Nactous
Hero of Time

CosmicComet
LOL

Nemesis X
Originally posted by CosmicComet
LOL

LOL at your ridiculous comeback.

CosmicComet
Ridiculous is your pick of the victor. What did you expect me to do? Surely not respond in detail to your level of dumb assery?

Nactous
LOL at your ridiculous comeback.

LOL

Nemesis X
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Ridiculous is your pick of the victor. What did you expect me to do? Surely not respond in detail to your level of dumb assery?

Do you always ***** when people laugh at your level of dumb assery?

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
The strongest feats Wesker has is shoving his fists through steel, and overpowering Chris, who managed to move a 20-30 ton rock.

What the **** was up with that, BTW?

He wasn't even pushing the rock. He was just... punching it. Over and over again.

King-Fingolfin
You'd think he'd break his hands.

BUT NOT CHRIS REDFIELD!

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
What the **** was up with that, BTW?

He wasn't even pushing the rock. He was just... punching it. Over and over again.

tap A! punch a giant boulder repeatedly!

couldn't he had just pushed harder in exchange for almost breaking his fist or the rock?

BTW I don't see how link can beat wesker if he can get killed by a blob of moving jelly ermm

King-Fingolfin
His fists wouldn't break

he's backed by the force of steroids 131

CosmicComet
Do you always ***** when people laugh at your level of dumb assery?

Dumb assery? Funny, I could have sworn I just used that word to describe your remedial self.

Remind me again from whom these excellent arguments came from?

Now please, kindly kill yourself and do us a favor. Try to actually know what the hell you are debating about when you decide to do so, as this kinda thing clearly isn't your strong suit.

Nemesis X
Do you only come on here to give people crap or what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.