Team Superman runs the Marvel Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doom and Gloom
Original Superman
Sundipped Superman
Cyborg Superman
Pre Crisis Superman
Composite Superman
Superman Blue
Kingdom Come Superman
Superman One Million
Superman Prime
Kismet Superman
Cosmic Armor Superman

run

1)Odin, Zeus, Rune King Thor, and Gaea
2)Normal Powered Galactus and Full Powered Tyrant
3)Fourth Celestial Host
4)Full Powered Galactus
5)Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, and Death
6)White Crown Phoenix
7)Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet
8)The Living Tribunal
9)Scathan, Exitar, and Tiamut
10)Thanos with the Heart of the Infinite
11)Pre Retcon Beyonder

How far does team Superman get?

Philosophía
Clears it.

skygunner41

Slaanesh
stop at 8 or 10

Naija boy
Stops at 7

Nihilist
Stops's at 7,8,10 or 11

Enyalus
Seven.

xJLxKing
Stop at 10. Superman with Cosmic Armor is too much for 1-9

iceman24567

Philosophía
This gave me an ideea for a thread. smile

Doom and Gloom
Well, I break it down this way. Original Supes and Sundipped Supes are total non factors against anyone in this gauntlet.

Pre Crisis Supes really isn't much good either. All of the Skyfathers could easily one shot him with their magic.

Add the rest of the team except Kismet Superman and CA Superman and I still don't see the team getting past 2.

Add Kismet Superman (DC's equivelant of Eternity) and they make it to either 4 or 5 but definitly not past 5.

With Cosmic armor superman I'm not sure. Even here the team can't touch 10 or 11. How anyone could say they clear it is a joke. They aren't beating God and that's basically what 10 and 11 are. How well they would do against 6-9 is debatable but if Scathan and LT are backed up by TOAA I don't see the team winning here either.

Doom and Gloom
Double post

Grinning Goku
They stop at 8.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

7)Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet
8)The Living Tribunal
9)Scathan, Exitar, and Tiamut
10)Thanos with the Heart of the Infinite
11)Pre Retcon Beyonder

How far does team Superman get?

why you did you put 3 cellestials after anybody with the IG? HELL or after LT?..your logic is beyond me..but NOBODY should get pass somebody with the IG...

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by nicamarvin
why you did you put 3 cellestials after anybody with the IG? HELL or after LT?..your logic is beyond me..but NOBODY should get pass somebody with the IG...

Scathan is above the LT, and that makes him above the IG. Tiamuts power limits are unknown but he's certainly NOT a normal Celestial. I added Exitar because he's above normal Celestials as well though ALONE he's not above the IG.

kgkg
laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
Scathan is above the LT, and that makes him above the IG. Tiamuts power limits are unknown but he's certainly NOT a normal Celestial. I added Exitar because he's above normal Celestials as well though ALONE he's not above the IG.

How is Scathan above LT? What scene in Guardians of the Galaxy #50 conclusively showed that?

All Scathan did was put a muzzle on Protege and we didnt even see how this happened. It was off panel. He restrained him temporarily. It was LT who properly dealt with Protege and that was after Scathan had removed his restraints.

There is nothing on panel to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that Scathan is anything but a standard Celestial.

GalacticStorm
They dont make it past 6. erm

kgkg
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
All Scathan did was put a muzzle on Protege and we didnt even see how this happened. It doesn't really matter how he did it all he had to do is approve it and it happened.

Actually LT didn't do jack all he did was absorb a boy who was powerless. Scanthan did remove the muzzle but his power was still affecting the Protege.

This is confirm when Eternity himself says "so it ends and Scanthan approves" this is when LT was absorbed Protege. There was no need to make the Scanthan comment than but this is a clear indication how much Scanthan was needed for Protege to be stopped

Also LT could not stop Protege on his own - He had his powers

We could sepculate all we want but Scanthan was referred to as the legendary Celestial also LT's own bio states Scathan Judging power saved Reality.

either way Scanthan was not you average Celestial

and Hi GS

big grin

kgkg
I know most of you don't give a shit about this but whatever lol

here is why Scathan defeated Protege
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1410/pro2.th.jpg

Here in this scan Protege was about to defeat LT , Eternity Hawk-god etc all of creation.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/43/pro3.th.jpg
Right after Protege starts to attack this is stopped by Scathan not approving.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4050/pro4.th.jpg
Again confirm by LT when he say "order is restored"

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8822/pro1.th.jpg
Again when LT asks protege to release him from the muzzle Scathan was still holding him, another important fact is that this needed Scathans approval.

Just like how he disapproved Proteges attack on Creation .... Scathan approved LT's judgment as you his his "thumb"

Eternity thought that was more important than anything else ; I mean why mention Scathan needing to approve if he had no power over Protege

Clearly imo this shows Scathan power to approve and disapprove ability were greater than LT's Judgment abilities

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/460/88200448.th.jpg

Again LT's own official bio says Scathan saved reality by juding agasin't him

this is something even LT could not judge

Philosophía
Originally posted by kgkg
I know most of you don't give a shit about this

When you're right, you're right.

GalacticStorm
It doesn't really matter how he did it all he had to do is approve it and it happened.

Thats a somewhat naive assessment KG. Of course it matters how it was done. If the result is all that matters in these debates then Squirrel Girl is beyond Thanos. erm

If we had seen a battle which resulted in Proteges defeat then yes we could conclude that Scathan was greater.

However all we see is it being said that Scathan doesnt approve and then a few pages later we see Protege with a muzzle on. That doesnt prove Scathan is greater. Theres nothing conclusive about that.

For all we know, Protege was caught by surprise and Scathan took advantage, (he had after all just gained LTs powers) or the other cosmics could have helped. Who knows? And thats the point. It was off panel therefore it is speculation to make a conclusion about something you didnt witness.

Actually LT didn't do jack all he did was absorb a boy who was powerless. Scanthan did remove the muzzle but his power was still affecting the Protege.

LTs action dealt with Protege once and for all. Scathan temporarily restrained him, so thats hardly doing jack. On top of that, where was it stated that Protege was powerless after Scathan removed the muzzle? It didnt and thats that, therefore thats just more speculation from yourself.

This is confirm when Eternity himself says "so it ends and Scanthan approves" this is when LT was absorbed Protege. There was no need to make the Scanthan comment than but this is a clear indication how much Scanthan was needed for Protege to be stopped

That line does not prove that Protege was powerless. How so? How does Eternity saying that line after LT's dealt with Protege confirm that Protege was powerless a few panels before? confused

No mention was made of Proteges power status, so once again thats speculation. If you believe that happened youre welcome to, however unless its stated clearly on panel you cant claim it to be the case.

All that was said was that Protege recoiled as LT was about to dish out his judgement and Scathan held him still. As shown on panel, a physical grasp. Nothing more.

Also LT could not stop Protege on his own - He had his powers

LT couldnt from what we saw, but neither could Scathan from what was shown. Scathan restrained him temporarily whilst LT exacted his final judgement which permanently dealt with Protege.

The scene doesnt show that Scathan is more powerful than LT. That scene if anything speaks for the power of Protege as it showed that the teamwork of the higher cosmics was required to put him down.

We could sepculate all we want but Scanthan was referred to as the legendary Celestial also LT's own bio states Scathan Judging power saved Reality.

either way Scanthan was not you average Celestial

and Hi GS

big grin

We could speculate all we want however we cant turn around and present that speculation as fact KG.

The event happened off panel, therefore you cant make a conclusive assessment over that which you did not see for yourself.

Protege had duplicated LTs power making them equals so for Protege to be dealt with it required Scathans help to tip the balance in LTs favour. It was teamwork. Scathan restrained him temporarily, giving LT time to make and exact his judgement. Simple.

How you doing KG wink

Just like old times. laughing out loud

Doom and Gloom
Ok, Ok, whether it's Scathan or LT does it really matter for the sake of this gauntlet? If the gauntlet's a little out of order then so what, it sure wouldn't be the first time on this forum.

Please don't turn this thread into Scathan vs LT.

shokosugi
clears it

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by shokosugi
clears it

OK.....based on what?

Philosophía
OK.....based on what?

Take Cosmic Armor Superman out, and it could get interesting.

As it is, it's really not.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
They dont make it past 6. erm

thumb up

GalacticStorm

Clearly imo this shows Scathan power to approve and disapprove ability were greater than LT's Judgment abilities

Not at all. Thats your opinion, not something thats conclusively shown to be the case. You need to see the difference.

You cant present to us a conclusive assessment of a scene that like us you didnt witness yourself. Thats speculation.

We dont know what happened, we only saw the result.

LT dealing with Protege and then Scathan approving isnt a clear illustration of Scathans superiority to LT. Thats just your opinion, it could just be a sign of his agreement with the action LTs decided to take. Its all about interpretation and thats the point.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/460/88200448.th.jpg

Again LT's own official bio says Scathan saved reality by juding agasin't him

this is something even LT could not judge

Protege had made himself LTs equal as stated he had duplicated LTs power, Scathans intervention tipped the balance in LTs favour. So the handbook is quite right to say that Scathan saved reality. However it wasnt singlehandedly as the handbook acknowledges by saying it was LT who went on to take Protege out of the picture permanently.

Teamwork between the two meant that LT could overcome Protege who had become his equal.

Doom and Gloom

GalacticStorm
Ok, Ok, whether it's Scathan or LT does it really matter for the sake of this gauntlet? If the gauntlet's a little out of order then so what, it sure wouldn't be the first time on this forum.

Please don't turn this thread into Scathan vs LT.

Sorry i blabbed on before i read this. Ok i wont talk about it anymore lol

Philosophía
CA Superman isn't doing Shit to Thanos with the Heart or Beyonder. Next you'll be saying he could beat TOAA

Cool.

Reported for spite. smile

Enyalus

Doom and Gloom

Philosophía
Originally posted by Enyalus
The IG could stop CA Supes in time, devolve him, devolve the armor to before it was made (Yes, I know that was billions of years ago), rapidly age him, BFR him into Oblivion or take him outside of Creation, transport him out of the armor, or just transmute the Cosmic Armor into an oversized Bugs Bunny suit.

Plenty of ways for Warlock and others to utterly stomp CA Supes.

You're serious ?

Just because they can't clear it doesn't men it's spite.

Spite would mean they die at #1, which isn't the case.

No, you put a character against someone you don't think he stands a chance.

And then, you try to mock someone who thinks he does.

Thus, spite and sort of baiting aswell. smile

Mindset
quit yer bitchin

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mindset
quit yer bitchin

Just having some fun before I go to sleep.

Mindset
go to sleep?

where do you live?

Doom and Gloom

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mindset
go to sleep?

where do you live?

Close to the norvegian. uhuh

Enyalus

Philosophía
I'm neither baiting nor mocking. I'm simply asking HOW one might think CA Superman clears this...it's a legitimate question.

This is asking ?

CA Superman isn't doing Shit to Thanos with the Heart or Beyonder. Next you'll be saying he could beat TOAA

Lulz.

Philosophía

Not in the mood, or have time enough to argue.

But that's stupid.

Seriously.

Enyalus

Philosophía
Glad you agree, mini-Galan.

skygunner41
Yeah. Mandrakk didn't attempt to do anything exotic to Supes when sporting the cosmic armor. And even if the armor was capable of protecting itself (which it clearly cannot fully, due to the fact it was damaged on panel), there's certainly no indication that it could shield Superman from being de-aged or rapidly aged with the time gem. Or stop him from being BFR'd.

I love to see that scan about the claim.

Enyalus
Originally posted by skygunner41
I love to see that scan about the claim.

What 'claim'?

Mekrob
All of them

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mekrob
All of them

Shush, you.

Lord Feron
Stop dead at 7.

golem370
What make you guys think they would defeat these guys 5)Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, and Death

KuRuPT Thanosi

KuRuPT Thanosi

skyfather
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think the Mods made the thread about the reporting and bickering solely because of Philo. Grow a pair and stop reporting people all the time like your in Junior High Kid. Ooo wait you are just a kid so... I guess it's okay. thumb up the guy is such a suck up, he thinks he is above everybody else.

Philosophía
I think the Mods made the thread about the reporting and bickering solely because of Philo. Grow a pair and stop reporting people all the time like your in Junior High Kid. Ooo wait you are just a kid so... I guess it's okay.

Yes, I am quite special. So special, that in fact moderators make rules just for me. smile

Calling somebody a kid is probably the most overused attempt at insulting on the internet. And it's not really an insult anway.

Stop acting like I just donkey punched your mother.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Lord Feron
Originally posted by golem370
What make you guys think they would defeat these guys 5)Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, and Death

Actually they stop there.

Lord Feron
The fact is your a pretty versed guy on comics, which is cool, but your always demeaning people as if your better.

I have no views on the people in this conversation but I just wanted to say I think alot of people think this way, which is so very sad sad . But hey, if it get's their jollies off more power to those little people.

golem370
Meaning they beat them and thats it or they get defeated five?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by golem370
Meaning they beat them and thats it or they get defeated five?

The supermen die at 5.

kgkg
wow

kgkg
Since the TS said not to discuss LT vs Scathan

GS bump the (Lt vs Scathan)thread if you still want to talk about it wink

Philosophía
You were a big part of that rule Kid or should I call you SON? Afterall, I'm probably old enough to be your father. Either name is fine by me, and both are appropriate. Now, the point is you were a big part of that rule with your incesent reporting. Don't try and hide from it philly just own your lack of balls on the internet. Talking about my mother.. and donkey punching... Good one good one little Phil lol. The fact is your a pretty versed guy on comics, which is cool, but your always demeaning people as if your better. Well that and you wank DC characters in most all fights. I called you out long ago about portfolios and being better at life not on comic book forums, which is just as true now as it was then.

You're 45+ years old, on this forum, and acting like a 10 year old ? Nice.

I didn't report sh*t. I rarely do. The rule wasn't made for me, since I'm not one of those who abuses the report button. It was made due to numerous people getting tired of listening to certain Superman-haters, or Punisher fanboys, and thus reporting them for trolling. And due to so many reports coming in every day, the moderators suggested that the best way to solve the situation is to put them on ignore.

'Little phil', 'Kid', 'Son'. You have an inferiority complex or something ? Can't blame you though.

I don't demean people, I call it as I see it.

The only discussion I remember us having is you asking me in PM to explain the current DC Cosmology, and that is only because it was recently. You're not one of the memorable posters. But if you did bring up the 'real life portofolios' then it means I laughed at you, as most people would do.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Rage.Of.Olympus
The power scale is a bit messed up in my opinion.

Either way, they don't make it past 5.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.