Is Mutant Zero Weapon XI?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
So with the Wolverine movie coming out and a bunch of hype starting out about Weapon XI, which hasn't been addressed too much in the comics, there's a lot of speculation.

What's known in the comics at least as of recent is that the main purpose of Weapon XI seems to have been to create a countermeasure capable of killing the most successful subject of Weapon X, Wolverine, that it was mainly run by Romulus with minimal involvement from John Sublime, like Weapon X, and that two of the subjects of the program may have been X-23 (being a clone of Wolverine) and Daken (Wolverine's son, whom Romulus is trying to bind the Muramasa blade to so he can be capable of killing Wolverine.

Based on some evidence, I think that Mutant Zero/Typhoid Mary may be the first subject or at the very least a failed test subject of Weapon XI. Here's my reasoning-
1. Her back story says that she was born a mutant and that her powers of telepathy, telekinesis, super-human agility, and pyrokinesis manifested, along with her split personalities after some incident of child abuse after which she became unmanageable and was put into some sort of government program that studied her and performed experiments and that after this treatment she did not have her personalities or powers until Daredevil accidentally kicked her out of a window during his first outing when she was working as a prostitute.
2. The government agency that experimented on her was investigated with her help by Wolverine because they were somehow connected with Weapon X and tampered with her memories and her powers along with giving her a high degree of martial arts training.
3.She knows Sabretooth
4. Subsequent therapy (before the facility is shut down by Wolverine and Daredevil when it is discovered they are experimenting on mutants and severely sexually abusing her) after she is stopped and committed by on several occasions involves what appears to be more memory tampering in a style similar to Weapon X.

Discuss.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Darth Jello
So with the Wolverine movie coming out and a bunch of hype starting out about Weapon XI, which hasn't been addressed too much in the comics, there's a lot of speculation.

What's known in the comics at least as of recent is that the main purpose of Weapon XI seems to have been to create a countermeasure capable of killing the most successful subject of Weapon X, Wolverine, that it was mainly run by Romulus with minimal involvement from John Sublime, like Weapon X, and that two of the subjects of the program may have been X-23 (being a clone of Wolverine) and Daken (Wolverine's son, whom Romulus is trying to bind the Muramasa blade to so he can be capable of killing Wolverine.

Based on some evidence, I think that Mutant Zero/Typhoid Mary may be the first subject or at the very least a failed test subject of Weapon XI. Here's my reasoning-
1. Her back story says that she was born a mutant and that her powers of telepathy, telekinesis, super-human agility, and pyrokinesis manifested, along with her split personalities after some incident of child abuse after which she became unmanageable and was put into some sort of government program that studied her and performed experiments and that after this treatment she did not have her personalities or powers until Daredevil accidentally kicked her out of a window during his first outing when she was working as a prostitute.
2. The government agency that experimented on her was investigated with her help by Wolverine because they were somehow connected with Weapon X and tampered with her memories and her powers along with giving her a high degree of martial arts training.
3.She knows Sabretooth
4. Subsequent therapy (before the facility is shut down by Wolverine and Daredevil when it is discovered they are experimenting on mutants and severely sexually abusing her) after she is stopped and committed by on several occasions involves what appears to be more memory tampering in a style similar to Weapon X.

Discuss.

I didn't read all of this but to answer the title....No. Deadpool is Weapon XI

Robtard
Na, not Deadpool.

(edit: least I hope so)

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Jello

3.She knows Sabretooth

Discuss.

deadpool is, but i hope he is portrayed well enough to be likable

Darth Jello
I meant in the books, not the movie

srankmissingnin
Based on Origins there is no Weapon XI yet, just a Weapon XI candidate / test subject; ie: Daken. The plan for XI was to use the Muramasa blade to give the subject the ability to kill just about everything, so until the blade showed itself the Weapon XI program remained incomplete while the other divisions of the Weapon Plus program moved ahead with their own experiments.

Darth Jello
Then where would Typhoid Mary/Mutant Zero fit in? As far as was shown in the comics, all the weapon plus guys did to her was try to stabilize her personalities and train her to kill, possibly teaching her all her impressive martial arts skills.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.