Link vs. Shadow Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
Without a doubt my favorite miniboss in OoT. Any chance he could ever beat the original?

Voyeur
close this thread. -.-

This is retarded. And Shadow Link appears in a game before OoT, it's called Legend of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link. He was actually the final boss.

enough with the Link bs.

I told you guys how to beat him, GIMP his recovery.

Nactous
Fine, it is only OoT SL.

Zack Fair
Stalemate.

BTW the shadow link fight was badass. My favorite boss fight in OoT.

Nactous
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Stalemate.

BTW the shadow link fight was badass. My favorite boss fight in OoT.

Thank you sir big grin

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Voyeur
close this thread. -.-

This is retarded. And Shadow Link appears in a game before OoT, it's called Legend of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link. He was actually the final boss.

enough with the Link bs.

I told you guys how to beat him, GIMP his recovery.

Yes, shadow Link shows up in Zelda 2, as well as OOT, and FSA, however, that really has no standing on who will win.

But if you really want to get all technical about it: (1) The game you refered to is simply entitled Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, and (2) the OOT aperance of Shadow Link was actually his first apperance in the Zelda timeline, since Mr. Miyamoto himself stated that OOT takes place before TLOZ, AOL, ALTTP, and LA.

But, when it comes right down to it Link wins every time. smile

Voyeur
yes, OoT is the first in time line, 100%. I just was pointing out Shadow Link does exist else where.

And Shadow Link has shown time and time again to only be able to mirror Link, but not mirror his abilities. Spells, weapons, items and such. So it's VERY obvious that Link just destroys Shadow Link.

Shadow Link/Dark Link is just a nice gimmick idea but he honestly isn't that strong at all or a threat to the real Link.

THE JLRTENJAC
Not necissarily, in FSA, Shadow Link was a completely separate individual, capabile of the same abilities as Link.

uLLPmZF1FF0

Also in Zelda 2, he fought as a completely seperate individual, not mirroring Link at all.

Y0XJ49mdh_c

Infact the only one that mirrored at all was the OOT shadow Link.

E4m6l_7IA84

Voyeur
I don't consider any Toon Link based/cell shaded games apart of the Time Line, especially Four Swords, it's just a retarded paradox that some one thought would be a "fun" idea. in fact a lot of Nintendo Games are created to cash in a gimmick. They're another universe separate of the other LoZ games. Oot, MM, LoZ 2, LA, TP, ALtTP are like Universe 1, then the others are universe 2 and so forth.

And in LoZ2 and by the word mirror in general I meant he has your attacks. He uses the Sword Plant, rocket stab, Shield and other sword slashes in LoZ2, just like in OoT. But there is no feats or proof or anything for Shadow Link besides being beat as a boss, and all that is game play. And according to Terry, Game play holds no proof to anything.

So Shadow Link has no str, speed, agility, etc etc. Unless magically we pull a cut scene out of our asses of him. Kek. But yeah, Link still wins.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Voyeur
I don't consider any Toon Link based/cell shaded games apart of the Time Line, especially Four Swords, it's just a retarded paradox that some one thought would be a "fun" idea. in fact a lot of Nintendo Games are created to cash in a gimmick. They're another universe separate of the other LoZ games. Oot, MM, LoZ 2, LA, TP, ALtTP are like Universe 1, then the others are universe 2 and so forth.

And in LoZ2 and by the word mirror in general I meant he has your attacks. He uses the Sword Plant, rocket stab, Shield and other sword slashes in LoZ2, just like in OoT. But there is no feats or proof or anything for Shadow Link besides being beat as a boss, and all that is game play. And according to Terry, Game play holds no proof to anything.

So Shadow Link has no str, speed, agility, etc etc. Unless magically we pull a cut scene out of our asses of him. Kek. But yeah, Link still wins.

Well, you are as foolish to not consider the cell-shaded games as not being a part of the Zelda Timeline, as Nactous is to not count any of the hand held games as official parts of the series.

All 14 Zelda games (from the original Legend of Zelda to The Legend of Zelda Phandom Hourglass) are oficially accepted as part of the Zelda timeline by the creators of the series, and nintendo as a company.

I do however, see your point pertaining to Shadow link.

Nactous
Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
Well, you are as foolish to not consider the cell-shaded games as not being a part of the Zelda Timeline, as Nactous is to not count any of the hand held games as official parts of the series.

All 14 Zelda games (from the original Legend of Zelda to The Legend of Zelda Phandom Hourglass) are oficially accepted as part of the Zelda timeline by the creators of the series, and nintendo as a company.

I do however, see your point pertaining to Shadow link.

Its just a different visual approach. That's as foolish as saying the new Clone Wars isn't "official" because it doesn't look like the Old Clone Wars.

Voyeur
the story lines and plots are entirely different. The world isn't suggestive to connect it to the other Titles as easily, you REALLY have to stretch it. So it's easy to assume another universe. Not just the cell shading/toon art.

Nactous
Whats wrong with Wind Waker? Its like hundreds of years since OoT isn't it. Doesn't it mention a Hero who disappeared?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.