Thanos vsDC Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
blood lust on

iceman24567
Ares wins

Nihilist
Thanos loses wins.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos loses wins.

O relly? dur

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by iceman24567
Ares wins

Mekrob
Thanos is above Odin.

Spite thread

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

gogogadgetgo
lets have some abc logic
hf = ds =? thanos
ares kill hf = can take majority over ds = can take majority of thanos
rolling on floor laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
lets have some abc logic
hf = ds =? thanos
rolling on floor laughing Hf is at top tier level and has done nothing to warrant anything else. Ds is more formidable than HF and he has been bested by Superman and Orion.

Thanos stomps.

iceman24567
lets have some abc logic
hf = ds =? thanos
rolling on floor laughing In a weird way this works thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
In a weird way this works thumb up What has Hf or Ds done to put him anywhere near Thanos' level?

Hitman911
Ares is a beast!!! But Thanos wins......

Allankles
Originally posted by quanchi112
What has Hf or Ds done to put him anywhere near Thanos' level?

We should be asking you what has Thanos done to put him at Highfather level?

Izaya the Inheritor is a peaceful deity. But he does possess vast transmutation abilities, enough to create beings like Takion (whose nature was so unique, that it was said even Highfather didn't know how profound a creation he'd made.)

The ability to project avatars through any substance and affect events remotely, BFRing heroes at will. He can also KO Superman level beings and transmute gods into single beings. The guys energy abilities have few limits.

He could join the galaxy sized planets of Apokolips and New Genesis, again using his power over matter and energy.

So I don't know where you get this crap that he's a top tier. He's the ultimate god of light, and of all the gods, the only true peer to Darkseid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles

Izaya the Inheritor is a peaceful deity. But he does possess vast transmutation abilities, enough to create beings like Takion (whose nature was so unique, that it was said even Highfather didn't know how profound a creation he'd made.)

The ability to project avatars through any substance and affect events remotely, BFRing heroes at will. He can also KO Superman level beings and transmute gods into single beings. The guys energy abilities have few limits.

He could join the galaxy sized planets of Apokolips and New Genesis, again using his power over matter and energy.

So I don't know where you get this crap that he's a top tier. He's the ultimate god of light, and of all the gods, the only true peer to Darkseid. Hard to sort through the hyperbole. With this type of reasoning I should just start claiming Odin is omnipotent.

Ok, let me make myself clearer.

Things High Father has done....

1.Crushed by Darkseid in combat.
2.Taken out by one of desaad's creations the gloves although it was a cheapshot.
3.Taken out by Ares in two swipes.

Things Thanos has done

1.Annihilated the Silver Surfer.
2.Easily overpowered the Hulk and the Thing.
3.Took on power gem Thor and easily took his best.
4.Took on Odin and showed off how outstanding his durability is.
5.Defeated the Maker.
6.Killed Adam Warlock at his weakest.
7.Defeated Drax and the result was a planet wrecked at his weakest.
8.Defeated the Fallen One easily.
9.Defeated Moondragon in a mind war.
10.Took on the Magus at his weakest.
11.Survived a blast from the Maugs with the ig.
12.Launched Galactus.
13.His shield was shown to heavily tax Galactus.
14.Took on over 10,000 soldiers with Warlock at his weakest.
15.Easily took out Morg with one blast.
16.Took on Tyrant by himself.
17.Survived a black hole.
18.Took on Thor and the Thing at his weakest.
19.Killed Gamora at his weakest.
20.Oneshotted one of his thanosi in Infinity Abyss.

Should I go on?

What does bfring someone have to do with anything here since it won't beat Thanos.

TricksterPriest
You're delusional. All Thanos will do is make Ares stronger. God of conflict, and GOD OF THE DEAD

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You're delusional. All Thanos will do is make Ares stronger. God of conflict, and GOD OF THE DEAD How does anyone beat him in conflict then with this rationale?

TricksterPriest
YOU DON'T. doped Not unless you are skyfather and up.

quanchi112
YOU DON'T. doped Not unless you are skyfather and up. Which Thanos is so he wins.

TricksterPriest
Only in your mind. Thanos got shitcanned by skyfathers.

quanchi112
Only in your mind. Thanos got shitcanned by skyfathers. Name me a skyfather that beat him.

I can name a few top tiers who have beaten your favorite skyfather Ds. Skyfathers usually don't submit to top tiers under their normal power level. Just saying.

Allankles
Hard to sort through the hyperbole. With this type of reasoning I should just start claiming Odin is omnipotent.

Ok, let me make myself clearer.

Things High Father has done....

1.Crushed by Darkseid in combat.
2.Taken out by one of desaad's creations the gloves although it was a cheapshot.
3.Taken out by Ares in two swipes.

Things Thanos has done

1.Annihilated the Silver Surfer.
2.Easily overpowered the Hulk and the Thing.
3.Took on power gem Thor and easily took his best.
4.Took on Odin and showed off how outstanding his durability is.
5.Defeated the Maker.
6.Killed Adam Warlock at his weakest.
7.Defeated Drax and the result was a planet wrecked at his weakest.
8.Defeated the Fallen One easily.
9.Defeated Moondragon in a mind war.
10.Took on the Magus at his weakest.
11.Survived a blast from the Maugs with the ig.
12.Launched Galactus.
13.His shield was shown to heavily tax Galactus.
14.Took on over 10,000 soldiers with Warlock at his weakest.
15.Easily took out Morg with one blast.
16.Took on Tyrant by himself.
17.Survived a black hole.
18.Took on Thor and the Thing at his weakest.
19.Killed Gamora at his weakest.
20.Oneshotted one of his thanosi in Infinity Abyss.

Should I go on?

What does bfring someone have to do with anything here since it won't beat Thanos.

I tried to avoid listing a series of irrelevant feats. Izaya's status comes from his powers of creation and transmutation.

Tell me about Thanos showing the power to create a being as powerful as Takion with his powers.

Or fusing galaxy sized planets. Kirby described Highfather as the sane man among the gods whose concern is the overwhelming good, you're not going to see him fighting, but his abilities of creation, and transmutation (even transmuting the most powerful gods into a single entity), suggest he's operating above the Surfer's and the Gamora's i.e. above top tier and has certainly shown his power with energy to be above Thanos.

His concern is wisdom and knowledge, doesn't mean he hasn't shown skyfather level powers of creation and transmutation.

Thanos best energy display is throwing a small sized Galactus a few metres with a surprise concussive blast, what is that compared to turning a mere mortal into one of the most powerful gods in DC?

iceman24567
Ares cuts Thanos in half without the godwave.

Naija boy

So I don't know where you get this crap that he's a top tier. He's the ultimate god of light, and of all the gods, the only true peer to Darkseid.

Is Takion powered by highfather or the Source?
Also New genesis and Apokolips are Galaxy size?

quanchi112
I tried to avoid listing a series of irrelevant feats. Izaya's status comes from his powers of creation and transmutation.

Tell me about Thanos showing the power to create a being as powerful as Takion with his powers.

Or fusing galaxy sized planets. Kirby described Highfather as the sane man among the gods whose concern is the overwhelming good, you're not going to see him fighting, but his abilities of creation, and transmutation (even transmuting the most powerful gods into a single entity), suggest he's operating above the Surfer's and the Gamora's i.e. above top tier and has certainly shown his power with energy to be above Thanos.

His concern is wisdom and knowledge, doesn't mean he hasn't shown skyfather level powers of creation and transmutation.

Thanos best energy display is throwing a small sized Galactus a few metres with a surprise concussive blast, what is that compared to turning a mere mortal into one of the most powerful gods in DC? What does creating Takion have to do with anything? In combat Izaya has been treated like a joke so please don't lose focus and talk about beings he has created before.

He hasn't shown the ability to be above Darkseid who has whooped him pretty easily and Darkseid doesn't seem to have the power to defeat Superman.

Again, Thanos' battles make Izaya look like a schoolgirl who got picked on by Darkseid and Ares.

Simple question. Name me the most impressive being that Izaya has beaten in combat?

Allankles
Originally posted by Naija boy
Is Takion powered by highfather or the Source?
Also New genesis and Apokolips are Galaxy size?

He was powered by Highfather to be his conduit to the Source.

They were once part of the single god world Urgrund, which together with Source made up the 1st world. It was a giant world inhabited by the giant gods of the 2nd world before being split into 2 at the end of Ragnarok.

Urgrund was the size of a universe.

Allankles

He hasn't shown the ability to be above Darkseid who has whooped him pretty easily and Darkseid doesn't seem to have the power to defeat Superman.

Since when has DS had problems beating Supes? He was killing him before Miracle used the ALE in DOTNG, and he got rid of him quick in Countdown, not to mention his other encounters in Superpowers, NG v3, Confidential, the dark side etc etc.

Allankles
What does creating Takion have to do with anything? In combat Izaya has been treated like a joke so please don't lose focus and talk about beings he has created before.

His creation of Takion shows his level.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0241/Takion1-04.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0017/Takion1-05.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0883/Takion1-06.jpg

He got killed by Ares after the latter had had one sided prep for millenia, harnessing his energies. And DS, the one time DS savaged him Highfather was the only god at the time capable of surviving the savagery DS unleashed.

Naija boy

They were once part of the single god world Urgrund, which together with Source made up the 1st world. It was a giant world inhabited by the giant gods of the 2nd world before being split into 2 at the end of Ragnarok.

So the bulk of his feats are they perfromed based on the powers Highfather gave him directly or the Source itself via the connection that Hihfather gave him? Cuz i could have sworn ive heard fangirl talk about Takion getting his powers from the source.

Also i understand it being split into two all but has it explicittly ever been stated to be galaxy size? I mean that it split into two galaxy size halves?

TricksterPriest
Highfather empowered Takion, but EVERYTHING New God related is connected to the Source. Takion was chosen as Highfather's heir and eventual successor.

Takion is the avatar of the light side of the force, Stayne is the avatar of the dark. Both are empowered directly by the source, with a more direct connection than almost any new god.

And the scale of the Old Gods is plainly evident. As is the New. It was at least galaxy size.

Mindset
What are Ares feats?

Slaanesh
Thanos 10/10

gogogadgetgo
What has Hf or Ds done to put him anywhere near Thanos' level?

i dunno..but why not have more abc logic?

full power hf=ds=actually giants from so i heard stick out tongue
therefore fullpower giant hf=fp giant ds=make thanos look like ant
which is not like galactus to thanos coz galactus only make thanos look like mouse and not the same as fp giant hf and ds
ares kill hf=ares can kill giant size skyfathers that make him look like ant
unless ares also giant
but wonderwoman=not giant=same size as ares
therefore ares not giant
in conclusion
ares=giant skyfather killer=kill thanos

laughing Happy Dance

OneDumbG0
Since when has DS had problems beating Supes? He was killing him before Miracle used the ALE in DOTNG, and he got rid of him quick in Countdown, not to mention his other encounters in Superpowers, NG v3, Confidential, the dark side etc etc. Originally posted by kgkg
DARKSIED - #2

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/883/41531727sn4.th.jpghttp://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9090/39424191cc3.th.jpghttp://img243.imageshack.us/img243/743/64633162un6.th.jpghttp://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2116/61056586fk5.th.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6116/11719969mi2.th.jpghttp://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7928/92849341lb3.th.jpghttp://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6093/63133242kj6.th.jpghttp://img265.imageshack.us/img265/319/10gn5.th.jpghttp://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4129/11vj6.th.jpg

Naija boy
If Takion is so powerful because of his great connection to the source then trying to use him as evidence of highfathers power doesnt fly

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

what many of you dont know is superman's secret...

he's actually skyfather level but is only ranked as herald coz he likes to hold back and is afraid to unleash his fullpower coz he lived on earth so long and that everything there seemed so fragile...

laughing

iceman24567
what many of you dont know is superman's secret...

he's actually skyfather level but is only ranked as herald coz he likes to hold back and is afraid to unleash his fullpower coz he lived on earth so long and that everything there seemed so fragile...

laughing no expression

quanchi112
Since when has DS had problems beating Supes? He was killing him before Miracle used the ALE in DOTNG, and he got rid of him quick in Countdown, not to mention his other encounters in Superpowers, NG v3, Confidential, the dark side etc etc. In countdown he used olsen to beat him because on his own he was fighting for his life. wink

In apokolips now he was demoralized into humiliating defeat. In superman/batman he tossed him into the source wall after crushing his face. Later on after Ds reacquired his powers Superman beat his ass. Superman easily bfr'd him in his own comic for a defeat. They stalemated during owaw. In death of the new gods the shadow demons beat him not Darkseid. The only time Darkseid showed himself to be superior was in confidential was was a long time ago and since then Superman has crushed him.

Is dark side even canon?

quanchi112
His creation of Takion shows his level.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0241/Takion1-04.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0017/Takion1-05.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0883/Takion1-06.jpg

He got killed by Ares after the latter had had one sided prep for millenia, harnessing his energies. And DS, the one time DS savaged him Highfather was the only god at the time capable of surviving the savagery DS unleashed. Where in the ares scan does he say he prepped for Izaya for a millenia?

Who has Izaya beaten? Answer the question.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Darkseid's most embarrassing loss to date.

Kris Blaze
Quanchi is the only one who things Gamora and Fallen one are worth mentioning in a fight against Ares.

He also thinks Thanos defeated Fallen One.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Quanchi is the only one who things Gamora and Fallen one are worth mentioning in a fight against Ares.

He also thinks Thanos defeated Fallen One. he was beating fallen one, all skreets did was knock him into a gas giant.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

He also thinks Thanos defeated Fallen One. Hahahaha. You are the only person I have ever seen argue that Thanos needed Skreets against Fallen One.

Power gem Thor, Maker, etc. brah.

jasofisc

that all makes since except for every other story arc of the new gods. Like OWAW where apoclipse is in the earth solar system which wouldn't be possible if it were as big as a galaxy. what your saying from were your coming from makes since but every other story arc condricits it.

to answer the question of who would win i'm not sure. Off hand i would give Ares the same in this one as I did with darksied 6 out of 10 in favor of thanos.

TricksterPriest
FAIL. Apokolips was boomtubed in by their technology.

And most arcs are quite explicit about the fact that the new god dimension aka the 4th World, is almost completely inaccessible without a boom tube.

Most story arcs also back up the idea of it being a realm far larger than the regular DCU.

jasofisc
FAIL. Apokolips was boomtubed in by their technology.

And most arcs are quite explicit about the fact that the new god dimension aka the 4th World, is almost completely inaccessible without a boom tube.

Most story arcs also back up the idea of it being a realm far larger than the regular DCU.

your right about the boom tube thing -- saying most arcs is a bs statement they didn't mention it in that arc, supergirl arc, or several other arcs in fact the 4th world being larger then the regular DCU is only mention in a very minority of comics. I was thinking about the whole boom tube thing, and if New Gods are so huge and then get boomed to dcu then are microscopic compaired to their former selves it doesn't pan unless they are greatly depowered. Orion and all the rest are shown to have super strength on new genesis, same with superman. I know people think supes is the strongest there is but wow an earth in the new genesis arc people keep referencing was small enough to fit into sups hand. Supes has lifted stuff on apokilpse that was well over a hunderd times his own mass that would be like half a galaxy if everything was true. Also if they retained there strength they have in the 4th world then even harvester would have the strength of superman and beyound if he can lift his body weight on New Genesis. It doesn't agree at all wtih the rest of comics unless the boom tube depowers them to a vast degree which means talking about there giant forms is riduclus and irrelevant (since anybody who would be in the 4th world would be boomed there and have there power drastically upped as well) and just trying to pull one over on the newbs on the forum who didn't take the time to look into it.

AverageSavage
Hahahaha. You are the only person I have ever seen argue that Thanos needed Skreets against Fallen One.

Power gem Thor, Maker, etc. brah.

Doesn't matter if he needs or not, you can't credit the feat to him when she was the one who beat him. Doesn't matter if they fought ****ing spider-man, if Skreet was the one who did all the work, then you can't credit Thanos with the feat. Simple as that.

And beating the Maker is hardly a feat worth mentioning when he's up against Ares. He used telepathy twice in the battle, and even Oracle was able to subdue the maker via telepathy. Not to mention that she was killed by the annihilation wave after their battle, some durability.

Power gem Thor? oooooh, he's got plenty feats. He hit Thanos a couple of times, made him bleed and then Thanos shot him with a gun. Wow! That'll work well against someone who is immune to any weapon, ever. Good luck, son.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by jasofisc
your right about the boom tube thing -- saying most arcs is a bs statement they didn't mention it in that arc, supergirl arc, or several other arcs in fact the 4th world being larger then the regular DCU is only mention in a very minority of comics. I was thinking about the whole boom tube thing, and if New Gods are so huge and then get boomed to dcu then are microscopic compaired to their former selves it doesn't pan unless they are greatly depowered. Orion and all the rest are shown to have super strength on new genesis, same with superman. I know people think supes is the strongest there is but wow an earth in the new genesis arc people keep referencing was small enough to fit into sups hand. Supes has lifted stuff on apokilpse that was well over a hunderd times his own mass that would be like half a galaxy if everything was true. Also if they retained there strength they have in the 4th world then even harvester would have the strength of superman and beyound if he can lift his body weight on New Genesis. It doesn't agree at all wtih the rest of comics unless the boom tube depowers them to a vast degree which means talking about there giant forms is riduclus and irrelevant (since anybody who would be in the 4th world would be boomed there and have there power drastically upped as well) and just trying to pull one over on the newbs on the forum who didn't take the time to look into it.

..........What the f**k? It's quite obvious you haven't read jack about the new gods and that you do not understand the concept of the boomtube technology. Please go read some more and then get back to me. erm

" I was thinking about the whole boom tube thing, and if New Gods are so huge and then get boomed to dcu then are microscopic compaired to their former selves it doesn't pan unless they are greatly depowered."

Problem is, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. They are vastly depowered compared to their non-boomtubed forms. Look at Darkseid in FC.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AverageSavage
Doesn't matter if he needs or not, you can't credit the feat to him when she was the one who beat him. Doesn't matter if they fought ****ing spider-man, if Skreet was the one who did all the work, then you can't credit Thanos with the feat. Simple as that.

And beating the Maker is hardly a feat worth mentioning when he's up against Ares. He used telepathy twice in the battle, and even Oracle was able to subdue the maker via telepathy. Not to mention that she was killed by the annihilation wave after their battle, some durability.

Power gem Thor? oooooh, he's got plenty feats. He hit Thanos a couple of times, made him bleed and then Thanos shot him with a gun. Wow! That'll work well against someone who is immune to any weapon, ever. Good luck, son. Thanos put up his shield and told skreets to hold back so she wouldn't kill him. He was in complete control of the situation.

Maker had infinite power and Thanos easily physically hurt her then mindraped her. Oracle mentally subdued her while Thanos easily contained her powerwise.

Thor with the power gem annihilated Dr. Strange, the Infinity Watch, and the Silver Surfer like they were nothing.

Go ahead and name some Ares feats. You seem to be upset about the fact that Thanos has Ares beat easily.

quanchi112
..........What the f**k? It's quite obvious you haven't read jack about the new gods and that you do not understand the concept of the boomtube technology. Please go read some more and then get back to me. erm

" I was thinking about the whole boom tube thing, and if New Gods are so huge and then get boomed to dcu then are microscopic compaired to their former selves it doesn't pan unless they are greatly depowered."

Problem is, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. They are vastly depowered compared to their non-boomtubed forms. Look at Darkseid in FC. Scans of this monstrous Ds you keep describing from fc.

jasofisc

Problem is, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. They are vastly depowered compared to their non-boomtubed forms. Look at Darkseid in FC.

that's my point that when you consider the boomtube tech it negates there actual power in there own demention. When hey come to dcu they are depowered and if someone goes there then they get powered up. how can you say i obviously haven't read jack when you just agreed with my summation. my conclusion if that bringing up there actual size doesn't matter because inorder to fight someone from dcu or marvel u they have to boom there and if they boom there or their opponent booms to them they either get depowered or powered up. so there actual size is a non factor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jasofisc
that's my point that when you consider the boomtube tech it negates there actual power in there own demention. When hey come to dcu they are depowered and if someone goes there then they get powered up. how can you say i obviously haven't read jack when you just agreed with my summation. my conclusion if that bringing up there actual size doesn't matter because inorder to fight someone from dcu or marvel u they have to boom there and if they boom there or their opponent booms to them they either get depowered or powered up. so there actual size is a non factor. thumb up Couldn't agree more.

Doomsday also got there without the benefit of a boomtube and he was of equal size.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Don't mind Trick he wanks DS so much he can't really tell on panel proof from his wet dreams where DS is equal to the LT.

Draco69
If Thanos has prep, sure he can win.

But without? He's screwed.

Ares doesn't even have a physical body. The guy with scary blue armour and huge battle axe? That's just a projection of himself. So is the blond guy with a scars on his chest.

He's quite literally a god. He can create and unmake reality. He can create universes and destroy them in a second thought.

He's also absorbed Hades' powers making him doubly powerful.

Thanos can't really attack him. One tactic Ares likes to use is to become 'one' with the universe and just blitz his opponent from a higher plane.

And any act of violence against Ares just makes that much stronger. He feeds it on it. That's what gives him life.

So, Thanos can blast away all he wants. He wouldn't be harmed in anyway. Ares is the personification of war and conflict. Unless war and conflict across the multiverse dies out, Ares is immortal, infinite and unstoppable.

Mindset
Originally posted by Draco69
He can create and unmake reality. He can create universes and destroy them in a second thought.

Scans?

Allankles
In countdown he used olsen to beat him because on his own he was fighting for his life. wink

I asked when has he had problems defeating Supes. In every era or major period in comics he has had the beating of Supes. Precrisis era, post crisis with Superpowers, Countdown, DOTNG, NGv3, confidential, The Darkside (which was an era when the likes of Orion were portrayed as being less than Supes).

In all those instances he made quick work of Supes utilizing his esoteric powers. Your arguments are somewhat pointless to the gist of my point, which is that... in no era has DS had problems beating Supes.

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindset
Scans?

Me too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Scans? I'd like to see scans of this as well.

quanchi112
I asked when has he had problems defeating Supes. In every era or major period in comics he has had the beating of Supes. Precrisis era, post crisis with Superpowers, Countdown, DOTNG, NGv3, confidential, The Darkside (which was an era when the likes of Orion were portrayed as being less than Supes).

In all those instances he made quick work of Supes utilizing his esoteric powers. Your arguments are somewhat pointless to the gist of my point, which is that... in no era has DS had problems beating Supes. Apokolips now, superman's comic where Superman easily bfr'd him, twice in Superman/Batman,legends crossover, countdown, end of owaw, etc.

I mean he hasn't beaten Superman by himself in how many years?

In death of the new gods he was amped bigtime. Under his own power he can't beat him unless he has some kind of help.

Confidential was their first meeting by the way. Is darkside even canon?

-K-M-
The Darkside? If it's what I'm thinking of then no, but there have been a few stories and elseworld stories with the same name. Which one you guys refering to?

quanchi112
Originally posted by -K-M-
The Darkside? If it's what I'm thinking of then no, but there have been a few stories and elseworld stories with the same name. Which one you guys refering to? I think it's an elseworlds story. Dark side where Superman is turned bad I believe. I have it on a torrent, but haven't read it.

Allankles always uses feats and instances that don't apply to current Ds.

-K-M-
I think it's an elseworlds story. Dark side where Superman is turned bad I believe. I have it on a torrent, but haven't read it.

Yeah that's definetly an elseworld story, and not cannon to the main universe.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah that's definetly an elseworld story, and not cannon to the main universe. I figured. thumb up

Allankles
Apokolips now, superman's comic where Superman easily bfr'd him, twice in Superman/Batman,legends crossover, countdown, end of owaw, etc.

I mean he hasn't beaten Superman by himself in how many years?

In death of the new gods he was amped bigtime. Under his own power he can't beat him unless he has some kind of help.

Confidential was their first meeting by the way. Is darkside even canon?

Every time I see you arguing you seem to want to dodge the gist of my argument. In no era has DS had problems beating Supes. In DOTNG DS wasn't amped when he was killing Supes.

As I said in every period in his history he has been shown to have the beatings of Supes, and in many of those instances he used his esoteric powers.

quanchi112
Every time I see you arguing you seem to want to dodge the gist of my argument. In no era has DS had problems beating Supes. In DOTNG DS wasn't amped when he was killing Supes.

As I said in every period in his history he has been shown to have the beatings of Supes, and in many of those instances he used his esoteric powers. Dude, you a liar.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/DotNG8p06-1.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/DotNG8p07.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/DotNG8p16-3.jpg

You are using elseworlds as evidence which is against the rules. I have given more instances of Darkseid not beating Superman under his own power than you have.

Allankles
Dude, you a liar.

Learn to use thumbnails.

I wasn't talking about that instance genius. Do you see DS trying to kill Supes there? It seems you never read all of DOTNG.

I was talking about DOTNG # 3, where DS uses the oblivion manifestations (shadow demons) to kill Supes before Miracle saves him with the ALE.

You're posting DOTNG # 8 which is after DS had the SFE and merely KO'd Supes, I was talking about the time he's killing Supes with the evolved shadow demons where Superman states and I quote:

"Once again I've underestimated Darkseid's power and it looks like it will be a fatal error."

quanchi112
Learn to use thumbnails.

I wasn't talking about that instance genius. Do you see DS trying to kill Supes there? It seems you never read all of DOTNG.

I was talking about DOTNG # 3, where DS uses the oblivion manifestations (shadow demons) to kill Supes before Miracle saves him with the ALE.

You're posting DOTNG # 8 which is after DS had the SFE and merely KO'd Supes, I was talking about the time he's killing Supes with the evolved shadow demons where Superman states and I quote:

"Once again I've underestimated Darkseid's power and it looks like it will be a fatal error." Darkseid changed them but they aren't his power to unleash unless on his planet apokolips. Just like he can't use parademons in battle.

Ds under his own power can't beat Superman anymore it seems.

Allankles
Darkseid changed them but they aren't his power to unleash unless on his planet apokolips. Just like he can't use parademons in battle.

The shadow demons are manifestations of oblivion they are not parademons (who are physically and mentally reconditioned soldiers). With the Omega Force Darkseid has control over this manifestations thanks to his power over oblivion.

Thats his power, Superman clearly states "Again he has underestimated DS' power" so take up your arguments with Supes, buddy.

Enyalus
Thats his power, Superman clearly states "Again he has underestimated DS' power" so take up your arguments with Supes, buddy.

While I'm doing that, I'll also ask him why he said J'onn was more powerful than the hundred something members of the JLA, included himself, combined.

Crazy Kryptonian.

Allankles
Originally posted by Enyalus
While I'm doing that, I'll also ask him why he said J'onn was more powerful than the hundred something members of the JLA, included himself, combined.

Crazy Kryptonian.

reading J'onn was an insubstantial comment. Darkseid was actually killing him.

quanchi112
The shadow demons are manifestations of oblivion they are not parademons (who are physically and mentally reconditioned soldiers). With the Omega Force Darkseid has control over this manifestations thanks to his power over oblivion.

Thats his power, Superman clearly states "Again he has underestimated DS' power" so take up your arguments with Supes, buddy. Enalyus already has this one covered. Thor is his greatest opponent then up to 2003 or whatever year the jla/avengers crossover came out and so on.

Ds only used these on his home planet in one issue. I have never seen Ds use this tactic outside his homeworld and himself personally. Supes and the gang met up with apokoliptian resistance that's all.

Superman met up again with him in countdown and Ds had to use jimmy olsen to gain an advantage. He can't use shadow demons in a fight here.

quanchi112
reading J'onn was an insubstantial comment. Darkseid was actually killing him. No, because Superman isn't a liar. You can't take one statement as the truth and completely disregard the next just because it suits you.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Draco69
If Thanos has prep, sure he can win.

But without? He's screwed.

Ares doesn't even have a physical body. The guy with scary blue armour and huge battle axe? That's just a projection of himself. So is the blond guy with a scars on his chest.

He's quite literally a god. He can create and unmake reality. He can create universes and destroy them in a second thought.

He's also absorbed Hades' powers making him doubly powerful.

Thanos can't really attack him. One tactic Ares likes to use is to become 'one' with the universe and just blitz his opponent from a higher plane.

And any act of violence against Ares just makes that much stronger. He feeds it on it. That's what gives him life.

So, Thanos can blast away all he wants. He wouldn't be harmed in anyway. Ares is the personification of war and conflict. Unless war and conflict across the multiverse dies out, Ares is immortal, infinite and unstoppable.

please post that in the darksied vs dc ares thread too you obliviously know quite a bit about ares , could you explain how granny goodness captured the entire greek pathon (sans whoever) and didn't granny goodness beat athena almost to death or something.

Allankles
No, because Superman isn't a liar. You can't take one statement as the truth and completely disregard the next just because it suits you.

Riight! Except he's actually getting killed in this instance and he wasn't making any comparisons he was simply stating the facts of the scenario, he expected to screw with the molecular composition of the shadow demons but found that they had become perverted by DS' power, they evolved, and were slowly absorbing him into oblivion before the Miracle bailed him out with the ALE.

As I said, take the argument up with Supes, and by extension Starlin who wrote him.

quanchi112
Riight! Except he's actually getting killed in this instance and he wasn't making any comparisons he was simply stating the facts of the scenario, he expected to screw with the molecular composition of the shadow demons but found that they had become perverted by DS' power, they evolved, and were slowly absorbing him into oblivion before the Miracle bailed him out with the ALE.

As I said, take the argument up with Supes, and by extension Starlin who wrote him. Ds changed them and the were killing him. Ds doesn't have access to shadow demons in a forum fight and wasn't even in the same room as Superman at the time. Superman tried the same strategy that worked on them the first time he met them which didn't work this time thanks to Ds.

Manhunter is more powerful than Supes as well unless you think he is lying. Supes beats up Darkseid when these two are in the same room. That's just the way it is.

the Darkone
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.