Poll: Greatest Villain Battle!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Based on accomplishments, who is the greatest villain in the list?

-Lex Luthor
-Thanos
-Dr. Doom
-Darkseid

LDHZenkai
thanos destroyed the universe.

PRAYERRUN
Darkseid and Thanos have had their powers since birth.(I'm guessing.) I don't think they'd know what to do if you took them away. Lex and Doom are cool because they both know how to defeat you with or without them, and Doom will just steal them I'd say Dr. Doom.

Lord Feron
Hmm... Stealing the power of the Beyonder is pretty uber.

I like thanos he got the IG like twice right? Thats pretty damn good to.

DS back in the day killed gods and has that Anti life equation thing going for him...

Lex eh... Was never a fan of him...

IMO Doom had achieved the greatest amount of power out of all of them.

AlmightyKfish
If you look at their base species and compare what they've doen like that, Doom wins.

I mean yeah, Thanos and DS have done insane things, even for their species, but Doom is a human with no powers, and he became what was at the time effectively the greatest power in the Marvel Omniverse.

But if you look at all their feats and don't consider their natural advantages etc, Thanos and Darkseid have got the most impressive accomplishments.

Bouboumaster
Thanos have made the biggest achivement, destroyng MU.

grimify
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
If you look at their base species and compare what they've doen like that, Doom wins.

I mean yeah, Thanos and DS have done insane things, even for their species, but Doom is a human with no powers, and he became what was at the time effectively the greatest power in the Marvel Omniverse.

That's my take on it. Doom wins.

PRAYERRUN
yeah, Dr. Doom all the way.

Nihilist
Thanos

iceman24567
Doom

PRAYERRUN
Thanos and doom.....well I still go for doom.

TricksterPriest
Thanos was born with his powers. He just trained harder with them and used cybernetics at first to augment his powers.

Darkseid however, though born a new god, was not born with his powers. He tried to kill his brother Drax and usurped the power of the Omega Force for himself. He took the Omega Force into his own body, without the protective armor his brother wore to control it.

psycho gundam
doom would take ds' powers.

Avlon
Doom and Alexander Luthor get my vote.

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Thanos was born with his powers. He just trained harder with them and used cybernetics at first to augment his powers.

Darkseid however, though born a new god, was not born with his powers. He tried to kill his brother Drax and usurped the power of the Omega Force for himself. He took the Omega Force into his own body, without the protective armor his brother wore to control it.

Now THAT kinda changes things for me. I mean If Darkseid can steal the Omega Force, who says he can't steal any other kind of powers?

psycho gundam
he couldn't steal superman's face punching skills.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by psycho gundam
doom would take ds' powers.

Been done. Didn't work. The Omega Force only recoqnizes one master.

Prayer: Darkseid has a long history of killing off pantheons and taking their power for his own.

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Been done. Didn't work. The Omega Force only recoqnizes one master.

Prayer: Darkseid has a long history of killing off pantheons and taking their power for his own. Yea, anyway...Doom takes his powers.

ThunderGodEneru
There is a difference between being a powerful villain and a great villain.

Mekrob
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
There is a difference between being a powerful villain and a great villain. Darkseid isn't either one

D_Dude1210
This shuda been a poll... :P

Mekrob
Ya, the threadstarter dropped the ball

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Mekrob
Ya, the threadstarter dropped the ball

sad

Enyalus
Thanos became the MU's Supreme Being...then destroyed everything...then rebuilt everything.

I'd say that accomplishment > everything else anyone else on that list has to offer.

But the best villain IMO is Dr. Doom. Dude is just nothing but badass.

D_Dude1210
Based on accomplishments (not personal power), which of the 4 Villains can be considered the greatest?

-Darkseid
-Lex Luthor
-Dr. Doom
-Thanos

Mindset
Originally posted by Enyalus
Thanos became the MU's Supreme Being...then destroyed everything...then rebuilt everything.

I'd say that accomplishment > everything else anyone else on that list has to offer.

But the best villain IMO is Dr. Doom. Dude is just nothing but badass. And Doom allowed him to do it.

Mekrob
This thread was already made on this page.

Use the search

D_Dude1210
Started a poll about this. big grin Please move discussions to that thread...

D_Dude1210
This is a poll, the other one was just a thread. smile

Bouboumaster
Thanos

Allankles
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
There is a difference between being a powerful villain and a great villain.

True, and Darkseid is both.

Name the times in any medium, when any of these 4 guys was a great villain and DS takes the cake no question.

You ask a Doom fan what issue it was when Doom was a trully great villain: and you probably won't get a straight answer.

DS takes this for greatest villain.

Mindset
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
This is a poll, the other one was just a thread. smile ...

complexbrother
lets see...

kill half of all living things in the omniverse ...check
take powerful objects from multiple powerful opponents when you are clearly outmatched ..... check
acquire the most powerful object in the universe over insurmountable odds .... check
be such a badass that death rejects you from ever entering her realm .... check

thanos wins .

skygunner41
Originally posted by complexbrother
lets see...

take powerful objects from multiple powerful opponents when you are clearly outmatched ..... check
acquire the most powerful object in the universe over insurmountable odds .... check

thanos wins .

Currently died...check

Enyalus
Originally posted by skygunner41
Currently died...check

Darkseid's fallen out of the DCU. Literally. erm

skygunner41
Originally posted by Enyalus
Darkseid's fallen out of the DCU. Literally. erm

roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! sleep

Allankles
Originally posted by complexbrother
lets see...

thanos wins .

None of that makes you a great villain. Joker is considered one the greatest villains in comics, and its all because of the times he's been a great foil for Bats.

You need to be a great foil for the heroes: being a villain is all about the type of conflict you generate, not whether you destroyed a universe (not personal at all) or took some artifact (no conflict).

Allankles
Also being able to remake the universe with a power up you were practically given is hardly a noteworthy accomplishment.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Allankles
Also being able to remake the universe with a power up you were practically given is hardly a noteworthy accomplishment.

I agree, the Spectre doesn't have any noteworthy accomplishments at all. stick out tongue

skygunner41
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I agree, the Spectre doesn't have any noteworthy accomplishments at all. stick out tongue

Where do you live in Australia...?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by skygunner41
Where do you live in Australia...?

Never a good idea to give personal info in the web. wink

Ultimate Wil
Not any of these 4, Joker, but if I had to choose, Lex Luthor.

Serious Impact
Originally posted by Allankles
None of that makes you a great villain. Joker is considered one the greatest villains in comics, and its all because of the times he's been a great foil for Bats.

You need to be a great foil for the heroes: being a villain is all about the type of conflict you generate, not whether you destroyed a universe (not personal at all) or took some artifact (no conflict).

I agree with this.

Dr. Doom all the way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.