No-Prizes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tjcoady

Scoobless
To all continuity errors - "It was a Skrull/The Scarlet Witch did it"

big grin

Endless Mike
I've heard of these

manjaro
Prime Punched at it

tjcoady
Dan Slott just used a perfect example.

Bendis, in "Dissambeled," mocked about thirty years of the continuity of Marvel's magic characters by having Dr. Strange state, "There is no such thing as chaos magic."

In "Mighty Avengers 23," which features the revived Cthon, the elder-god states, "They ended my feast not with a spell or a pact but with a lie. They said 'there is no god of chaos, there is no chaos magic.' " Since much of the power of gods is "belief" powered (IE, derived by the power they can draw from those who believe in them), if the various sorcerers of earth decided to act like chaos magic didn't exist, and stop drawing upon it, then Chthon lost a lot of power. It explains: A). Why Dr. Strange would claim that chaos magic doesn't exist and B). Why he stopped using it.

Good job, Dan Slott!

willRules
Originally posted by tjcoady
Dan Slott just used a perfect example.

Bendis, in "Dissambeled," mocked about thirty years of the continuity of Marvel's magic characters by having Dr. Strange state, "There is no such thing as chaos magic."

In "Mighty Avengers 23," which features the revived Cthon, the elder-god states, "They ended my feast not with a spell or a pact but with a lie. They said 'there is no god of chaos, there is no chaos magic.' " Since much of the power of gods is "belief" powered (IE, derived by the power they can draw from those who believe in them), if the various sorcerers of earth decided to act like chaos magic didn't exist, and stop drawing upon it, then Chthon lost a lot of power. It explains: A). Why Dr. Strange would claim that chaos magic doesn't exist and B). Why he stopped using it.

Good job, Dan Slott!

That makes sense but it seems very out of character for Strange to ignore the possibility that Wanda was using magic as opposed to mutant powers and thus end up on the wrong route to helping her......

But hey, I'm looking into it far too much, it's a decent explanation yes

tjcoady
Originally posted by willRules
That makes sense but it seems very out of character for Strange to ignore the possibility that Wanda was using magic as opposed to mutant powers and thus end up on the wrong route to helping her......

But hey, I'm looking into it far too much, it's a decent explanation yes

I always thought that a big part of Scarlet Witch was that she used both magic and a mutant powers: hence the training under Agatha Harkness.

Anyways, I've never really dug too deep into her continuity. She's not my favorite Avenger. Too-always-going-crazy.

Prime
This may be just a tiny continuity error but nevertheless during the flashback scenes in both Tales of The Sinestro Corps: Superman Prime and Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #3 that involve Prime's girlfriend Laurie, she is depicted as being a Blonde despite the fact that she has always been depicted as a Brunette.

Now one could say that "The Prime Punch" reset Earth-Prime's continuity so that Laurie was born a blonde instead of a brunette but that would mean that Earth-Prime would still have to exist...which it doesn't...thus there is no way to fix the error within actual continuity.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Prime
This may be just a tiny continuity error but nevertheless during the flashback scenes in both Tales of The Sinestro Corps: Superman Prime and Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #3 that involve Prime's girlfriend Laurie, she is depicted as being a Blonde despite the fact that she has always been depicted as a Brunette.

Now one could say that "The Prime Punch" reset Earth-Prime's continuity so that Laurie was born a blonde instead of a brunette but that would mean that Earth-Prime would still have to exist...which it doesn't...thus there is no way to fix the error within actual continuity.

Plenty of ways: she got her hair dyed to check out what being a blonde is like, and the depiction we saw of her was during the week or so she had blonde hair.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.