Why is Riddler such an undervalued villain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
By the writers I mean. Aside from Hush, he does almost nothing with his genius intelligence. He just sits there like a kid in a sandbox.

Badabing
I always liked the Riddler. Just seems that people want the Joker or new villains maybe.

Ultimate Wil
The Riddler rocks, he is an awesome villian.

BruceSkywalker
It may be because perhaps Batman solved his riddle too easy..

Perhaps if the Riddler were written better by having Batman, Nightwing, Robin solve mush harder riddles than he would be much more valued

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
It may be because perhaps Batman solved his riddle too easy..

Perhaps if the Riddler were written better by having Batman, Nightwing, Robin solve mush harder riddles than he would be much more valued Exactly. It takes a very clever writer to do good with his character. He has tons of potential, but has been wrapped up in the Frank Gorshin charactrization for so long.

The-Hulk
Riddler has great potential to be translated into a worthy silver screen villain in the new Batman film franchise.

Especially if you check out the Riddler in Batman: The Animated Series. That's pretty much how I would want the Riddler in a future sequel.

Gorshin was great for the tv series, but Jim Carrey basically played Jim Carrey with some Gorshin thrown in. Time for a more serious approach I'm afraid.

Badabing
Maybe if they make Riddler an adversary to Batman the way Moriarty was to Holmes?

siriuswriter
The general public knows The Riddler, in skin-tight neon green spandex decorated with question marks. Not to mention the neon red hair that sticks straight up, as in STRAIGHT. Who whimpers and cowers whenever Two-Face makes an appearance.

This is why I hope they have The Riddler as a villain in three, because just as they took the Joker from merely an insane man and made him.... chaos... Nolan could create an actually scary Riddler, one that knows what he's doing.

noahik01
More than likely it is because people want villains that physically hurt the bat thumb down

Darth Jello
I think it's because Frank Gorshin is dead and the Adam West show is no longer on television. Gorshin really defined the roll and was the only character on the goofy thing that due to his mannerisms actually seemed deranged, creepy and menacing. No other portrayal has really captured or bettered that on screen and no portrayal in comics has really either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.