The Flood (Halo) vs. The Necromorphs (Dead Space)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Two parasitic races aren't too happy about being in the same territory so they fight.

Location: A Halo Ring. On the left, there are 1,000 Flood creatures and on the right, there are 1,000 Necromorphs.

Types: On the Flood side, there are Flood Spores, Combat Forms, Ranged Forms, Tank Forms, Carriers, and Infectors.

On the Necro side, there are Infectors, Slashers, Lurkers, Brutes, Twitchers, and Pregnants.

To increase their numbers, the Flood and Necromorphs must infect corpses that are scattered all over the place.

Which side do you think will win?

Nactous
Flood

Shaggs
The flood wiped out 99.97% of the galaxies population in only a couple years. They win.

KingD19
It takes more to put down the Necromorphs than the Flood, and the Necromorphs never had a chance to get off of the Ishimura or the planet were they were unearthed, if they had, it would have been worse than the Flood, because they're damn near impossible to stop. If Isaac's girl kills him, and still knows how to pilot a ship, the universe is in trouble.

Nactous
Flood are actually intelligent though, Gravemind baby!!!

KingD19
No, Gravemind is intelligent, the Flood is a dumb shit who is hunger incarnate, LOL. And all that talking in Iambic Rhyme was dumb, but I can't lie that he was one of the coolest characters I ever saw, and I loved how he talked.

"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded. This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."

Shaggs
Yeah, well the flood beat the galaxy's most technologically advanced race back, and they literally exhausted every single possible strategy to stop the flood. They all failed.

KingD19
They beat them because they got off their planet and actually got the chance to venture out, the Necromorphs were stuck on the Ishimura planet cracker and that planet.

Nemesis X
Really now guys. You think the Flood wins because they nearly wiped out a population? The Necromorphs would probably do things much worse than what the Flood has been doing. The Necromorphs are like the Flood but more violent and disturbing.

Necromorphs have my vote.

KingD19
And the Necromorphs are worse, they don't just jump on you then take over your body. They brutally murder you, then reanimate the remains, which is like an insult to your dead body.

Final Blaxican
...and the Flood don't do the same thing?

Csdabest
The blood. There is no reason why the flood simply can't take over the necromorphs with the spores. Especially since the necros seem to have their spine intact. Dont flood have increased speed and strength and cant actually use weapons from marines and govenanty. such as plasama swords and grenades. In which the plasma can basically desintergreatr what they touch. Im sorry but the floor is vastly superior. Issac would have been dead within minutes if he had faced the flood.

danteiscool
the flood wins. at least they know how to use weapons. necromorphs can't.

Shaggs
Here's how it goes. The flood immediately send all of the floodlings, and take over a vast number of the corpses. Practically a wall of Tanks slowly pushed their way into the enemy force. The Necromorphs would concentrate on the advancing Tanks, and would be overwhelmed from behind by Ranged forms, and combat forms. All the while with Carriers blowing up in groups, and releasing infection forms.

KingD19
You guys forgot about all the forms of Necromorphs that just go crazy? Like the twitches, and that one thing you had to burn with a ship exhaust to kill or it would just keep coming? Give the Necromorphs more credit. And more than likely the reason they didn't use weapons were because they didn't need any, and they didn't have any.

Csdabest
Seriously. Couldnt the flood just infect them.....

ThunderGodEneru
The Flood are physically at or above the level of Master Chief. no expression

I say they win, easily.

Nemesis X
If the Flood infected Necromorphs then it wouldn't be fair.

Final Blaxican
Well... that's what the Flood do. Without a corpse to infect they're nothing.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Well... that's what the Flood do. Without a corpse to infect they're nothing.

I said there's corpses scattered all over the place. Sheesh.

Csdabest
Yeah But I could have sworn as long as there is a spine or nervous system they can efect a person. Alive or dead.

KingD19
I don't think the Flood can infect an already infected body.

Shaggs
Actually... if you kill a flood, and the body is still usable to a point, it can be taken back, again.

Nactous
Originally posted by Nemesis X
If the Flood infected Necromorphs then it wouldn't be fair.

Life's not fair kid wink
Neither is war....

KingD19
What I meant was, I don't think the Flood can take over a body already used by a Necromorph.

Csdabest
Originally posted by KingD19
What I meant was, I don't think the Flood can take over a body already used by a Necromorph.

there no reason why it can't. Only thing the flood needs is a nervous system or a spinal cord and Boom. They can take over.

SpadeKing
the flood infections happen faster from what i can see and they move faster so i'm guessing they get more infected soldiers

also the fact that the only reason the flood were so easy really is cause you had a walking tank killing them compared to an engineer from dead space

necromorphs couldn't use weapons I mean look at them & a squad of ODSTs probably could've handled that ermm

Luvs_To_Spooge
A standard necromorph will only by stopped if it losses core body mass like arms/legs. usually they can function with only 1 limb(will by stopped if only head remains). if enough limbs are taken off they don't die their body shutdowns to a state where it can be absorbed by a necro growth which can be converted into large fleshy weapons, like the Leviathan.
Issac needed to use a plasma cutter to defeat these bad-asses. the plasma cutter is a piece of mining equipment used to cut up the hardest of materials found in deep space mining, with standard necros it can take two hits with the cutter to take off 1 limb.
Standard flood without a weapon usually bludgeons its targets to death using modifications in its arms, this wouldnt be enough to take of limbs, flood with marine weapons would be useless as they cannot take of limbs as well(except for explosives), convent plasma technology may stand a chance but the flood would not be dexterous to concentrate fire on a single limb on a single moving target. by they time they open fire a twitcher would have closed the gap in seconds.
Re animator bats take only a few seconds to turn a corpse into a necromorph. if the bat thinks its in danger it will deliver a concentrated dose of the infection into a corpse to protect itself. this turns the corspe into a advanced slasher which can take three-four hits with the cutter to take off one off its limbs.
Thats not even half their arsenal.

zeroking24
the Necromorphs the flood suck there so easy to kill

Cyner
The X win it by a long shot. <3 Metroid

Ms.Marvel
this guy can not be a real person. he has posted in almost every recent halo topic across the entire board... hes gotta be a bot or a really dedicated sock who typed halo in the search bar and went off. either way its retarded.

Cyner
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
this guy can not be a real person. he has posted in almost every recent halo topic across the entire board... hes gotta be a bot or a really dedicated sock who typed halo in the search bar and went off. either way its retarded.

wait... don't you also post in every Halo thread?

Ms.Marvel
not within the same hour. @.@

plus hes posting in threads that are like three pages back >_>

Cyner
not within the same hour. @.@

plus hes posting in threads that are like three pages back >_>

a noob or a sock then...

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Luvs_To_Spooge
A standard necromorph will only by stopped if it losses core body mass like arms/legs. usually they can function with only 1 limb(will by stopped if only head remains). if enough limbs are taken off they don't die their body shutdowns to a state where it can be absorbed by a necro growth which can be converted into large fleshy weapons, like the Leviathan.
Issac needed to use a plasma cutter to defeat these bad-asses. the plasma cutter is a piece of mining equipment used to cut up the hardest of materials found in deep space mining, with standard necros it can take two hits with the cutter to take off 1 limb.
Standard flood without a weapon usually bludgeons its targets to death using modifications in its arms, this wouldnt be enough to take of limbs, flood with marine weapons would be useless as they cannot take of limbs as well(except for explosives), convent plasma technology may stand a chance but the flood would not be dexterous to concentrate fire on a single limb on a single moving target. by they time they open fire a twitcher would have closed the gap in seconds.
Re animator bats take only a few seconds to turn a corpse into a necromorph. if the bat thinks its in danger it will deliver a concentrated dose of the infection into a corpse to protect itself. this turns the corspe into a advanced slasher which can take three-four hits with the cutter to take off one off its limbs.
Thats not even half their arsenal.

They can also be stomped/pimp slapped to death by a regular human miner haermm

The flood can cause a spartan to black out in one attack.

The necromorphs can cause, um gashes? on normal humans

Luvs_To_Spooge
Pimp slapping barely does anything, after several hits best r gonna do is take off the head which they do not reinforce in anyway on typical slashers.
Stomping only work because Issac wears grav boots which are designed to clamp a human to an horizontal or vertical surface.

zeroking24

hey im just new at this whole thing plus i love!!!!! halo

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Luvs_To_Spooge
Pimp slapping barely does anything, after several hits best r gonna do is take off the head which they do not reinforce in anyway on typical slashers.
Stomping only work because Issac wears grav boots which are designed to clamp a human to an horizontal or vertical surface.

The point of the stomping and pimp slapping is that they get physically beat up by a normal human. Something you can't say for the flood also consider they're strong enough to send a super human in a metal-half-ton-ability-enhancing suit and knocking him unconcious.

I don't think Isaac has been hit by anything that strong, the flood would literally rip the necromorphs limb from limb.

wammamram
Originally posted by Cyner
a noob or a sock then...
finally someone who acutally knows what nemisis is! Happy Dance

Nemesis X
Originally posted by wammamram
finally someone who acutally knows what nemisis is! Happy Dance

Wow, I thought ScreamPaste was joking but you really are some special needs kid.

Cyner
... Nemesis is definitely not a sock, otherwise it's open for debate

Allankles
Originally posted by KingD19
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded. This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."

beer Top marks for that quote, another reason why Halo 2 will always be the best in trilogy...imo.

bloodberry1
what you guys seem to be forgetting is that the necromorphs bacteria is the fastest reproducing bacteria in the galaxy, it can turn from 1 cell into billions in 5 minutes, the flood would never be able to beat the necro's and all this, well the flood would just takeover the necro's body, well this works both ways, the necro's could take over the floods body, also the floods biggest fighter is a tank, the gravemind dosent really fight, the necro's is a giant hivemind backed by leviathans and space slugs, the flood stand no chance

SpadeKing
They're both hiveminds, the flood are ready to fight withing seconds after infection where as the necromorphs apparently seem to take some time to change, AND I already stomped the Necros physical capabilities vs the floods, Necromorphs lost.

XanatosForever
Do you think the plama cutter would've been effective against the Flood? Like a projectile plasma sword?

SpadeKing
Of course, though if this is some way to hit back at the flood I'm sure Isaac couldn't pimp slap or stomp the flood to death.

The flood are lot stronger than they apparently get credit for.

XanatosForever
I haven't played Dead Space, so I can only go off what others say, and no, I wasn't about to claim that, though I am curious as to how much damage Isaac actually does with his melee attacks. I recall hearing that he does more of a wild swing or haymaker than and actual melee strike, unlike MC. Does it seem to do any significant damage to necromorphs?

SpadeKing
It is only a wide swing and a stomp while they are on the ground and nowhere near chief's damage or significant. It is best used to stun/back them up whenever one gets to close or pops out of nowhere, but you can keep hitting it and kill one without tearing a single limb... eventually, its usually a bad idea unless you're sure it is one on one.

XanatosForever
I see...while in comparison to MC, who can melee the flood and they won't even flinch, right?

SpadeKing
If he tried to hit one of the flood forms he might make it flinch since he hits the weapons after that Isaac would die in a single blow no expression

The developers mentioned MC in one of the older G.I. books around the time Dead Space was coming out or being developed one of the two confused
Anyway they didn't want anyone who was close to being like MC 'cause he slaughtered aliens and no one would be scared playing with that guy'

It is not exact words, but something of the sorts and you know that did a pretty good job of that, I thoroughly enjoyed being decapitated on that game when I had to rely on a plasma cutter only at most times.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
The Flood can use weapons (guns, plasma weapons, etc) while Necromorphs can't.

The Flood are resistant to melee attacks

I now Gravemind can control the Flood thus allowing for coordinated and planned attacks. Not sure if the Necromorphs have the ability to collide and plan like the Flood do.

Based on these factors, the Flood seem to have the advantage

Spartan117ftw
The Flood can also drive vehicles, not just use weapons.
A Flood combat form is strong enough to tear open an elite's torso while unarmed.
Flood combat forms can take Chief's armored punches and not feel a thing. They are also just as agile, strong, and fast as the Chief.
Quote: "One single flood spore can destroy a species." -Shipmaster

Spartan117ftw
So yeah, the Flood wins.

One more quote:

"The only way to stop the flood is to starve them to death." -Cortana

Gamertriple6
Okay you guys need to look at the battle ground. The two sides are pretty much even mached out. maybe one has better areas than the other but over all they even out. so you have to look at the playing feild.

(mostly)Open ground. - flood has a bit of an advantage.

Close quarters - Necro hands down.

SpadeKing
Open or close the Necros still lose erm

I've played the game and seen the movie for dead space, they've been killed h2h by regular people, other than the spore and carrier forms for the flood the necro will be dominated.

SonOfTheSuns
The Flood wiped out the Forerunners, which was WAY more advanced than the UNSC or the Covenant. To keep the Flood from reinfecting bodies you already killed you have to destroy the bodies. I say Flood wins this round.

Finish the Fight.

wammamram
yep, the only way the forerunners killed them, was b killing their selves, so um... yeah doh

zenyrokprhomin
Hey do you guys remember that indestructible horror known as hunter?
I wonder since The FLoods don't have stasis or a huge burner.Then the Hunter will surely obliterate them.
Let's see on The Hunter capabilities.
Godspeed regeneration.
Abnormal strength.
DIamond hard and razor sharp talons.
He's pretty much Indestructible.
Plus,the first nightmare is just the beginning,only a part of it!!!
Let's wait for the second nightmare.

RE: Blaxican
No.

SaberX
In Dead Space the Necros are indeed a parasite that takes over and reanimates the Human bodies that it attachs to. The flood is too a parasite but seeing how the Necros get into the blood stream and make the body compleatly different the flood would not be able to take over the necro's bodies. Flood can indeed take weapons and cars but the weapons would have to the same as the plasma cutter normal bullets would have no effect like in the game and movie the flood could use the sword and grenades but the sword does not have that much "energy" with all of this said the Necromorphs would win hands down actually i dont think there is another alien race that could compare.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
No.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by SaberX
Necromorphs would win hands down actually i dont think there is another alien race that could compare.

Then you don't know of many other alien races, do you?

MadBrok
hey c'mon, have none of you realized? The Flood survived a super weapon that kills EVERY OTHER FORM OF LIFE IN THE GALAXY, INCLUDING MICROSCOPIC ORGANISMS. And yes, it takes a few gutter stomps in the right spot to kill a necromorph, but have you ever tried beating a Flood to death on Legendary in Halo 2? 100 hits at least. Plus, the flood commandeer vehicles. The Gravemind gains the knowledge of any it consumes. The flood repair and pilot interstellar starships. I seem to remember a certain one necromorph blundering into the bridge of the Ishimura and not even realising that the escape pods could fly and lead it to other colonies. About seven escape shuttles, and not a single thought crossed the necrohivemind's mind about using them?

Flood win, necromorphs end up just another host for an infection form, gravemind learns how to planet crack and use another starship.

MadBrok
Originally posted by zenyrokprhomin
Hey do you guys remember that indestructible horror known as hunter?
I wonder since The FLoods don't have stasis or a huge burner.Then the Hunter will surely obliterate them.
Let's see on The Hunter capabilities.
Godspeed regeneration.
Abnormal strength.
DIamond hard and razor sharp talons.
He's pretty much Indestructible.
Plus,the first nightmare is just the beginning,only a part of it!!!
Let's wait for the second nightmare.

but, imagine an infection form (flood crab/octopus thing) climbing into the Hunter's chest and taking control of it's nervous system...
plus that hunter was like Hidan in Naruto: invincible, but dumb as ****.

MadBrok
Originally posted by SaberX
In Dead Space the Necros are indeed a parasite that takes over and reanimates the Human bodies that it attachs to. The flood is too a parasite but seeing how the Necros get into the blood stream and make the body compleatly different the flood would not be able to take over the necro's bodies. Flood can indeed take weapons and cars but the weapons would have to the same as the plasma cutter normal bullets would have no effect like in the game and movie the flood could use the sword and grenades but the sword does not have that much "energy" with all of this said the Necromorphs would win hands down actually i dont think there is another alien race that could compare.

but dude... energy swords. Plus the flood have their own malformed hands, and infection forms have feelers capable of tearing apart an elite's armor.

Insomnia1234
Wouldn't it be better with Zerg vs Flood?

Kazenji
I think thats been done.

SpadeKing
Necromorphs have been punched to death by normal humans, 'nough said

mattatom
The Flood would take this as it's stated in one of the novels that the Flood can takeover any organism with an intact spinal cord. It is my belief necromophs still have spines.

DaXter123
necromorphs would win cause

1 turn people dead or alive in zombies .... by changing their molecules ,
DNA , genes and stuff...
as it is said on ther official sites. so if a flood tried to take over a necro morph it would basicly absorbe it . and it would take over an flood infected body cuz it would mearly change the DNA code of flood
big grin

2 necros have to be discemberd before they die , and flood just by destroing the nerv system ( halo weapons shoot and explod .. they dont cut .. whit exeption of the energy sword ,and tearing power of larger flood . but both sides have gigants for players ) and lets not forget the imortal hunter
and othe large beasts on the ishimura that have so hard skin that plasma cutter couldnt cut trugh it

3 they took over a ship ( if you look closely its the size of a f-ing continent ) in a mather of hours , it had full miletary armory and some pretty powerfull mineing eqipment .

4 they are not the britest but they lern slowlyas they leard how to use vents ... and the bat thingies are alot smarter that other necros .. but probobly cause the gene splicing they do necros can easly create a smart necro ..

5 they could easly take over a covenant or in this case ( flood ) ship because they wouldnt be prepared for them . woldnt know jack shi** about them the first time they saw necros . wink big grin

6 NECROS WOULD ABSORB FLOOD CUZ THEY CHANGE YOU AT THE GENETIC LEVEL flood couldnt do sh** about it laughing laughing laughing

7 necros were turnin the whole ship in to a gigant monster ..thats why
they didnt bother with the shuttle pods

8 flood zombie is killed by destroying the nerv system

( i love halo and stuff i watched halo legends but necros are alot cooler , and powerfoul so they would surely win ... )

9 in dead space its only hours after the infection...
wonder what it would be like in weeks or months O.o

10 maybe they would for an aliance ... maybe ... butnot likely

DarkC
The Flood are able to infect any calcium-rich bio organism, not sure if that would include the Necromorphs. Considering the rate at which the Flood are allowed to reproduce, I'd have to say Flood.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by DaXter123
necromorphs would win cause

1 turn people dead or alive in zombies .... by changing their molecules ,
DNA , genes and stuff...
as it is said on ther official sites. so if a flood tried to take over a necro morph it would basicly absorbe it . and it would take over an flood infected body cuz it would mearly change the DNA code of flood
big grin

2 necros have to be discemberd before they die , and flood just by destroing the nerv system ( halo weapons shoot and explod .. they dont cut .. whit exeption of the energy sword ,and tearing power of larger flood . but both sides have gigants for players ) and lets not forget the imortal hunter
and othe large beasts on the ishimura that have so hard skin that plasma cutter couldnt cut trugh it

3 they took over a ship ( if you look closely its the size of a f-ing continent ) in a mather of hours , it had full miletary armory and some pretty powerfull mineing eqipment .

4 they are not the britest but they lern slowlyas they leard how to use vents ... and the bat thingies are alot smarter that other necros .. but probobly cause the gene splicing they do necros can easly create a smart necro ..

5 they could easly take over a covenant or in this case ( flood ) ship because they wouldnt be prepared for them . woldnt know jack shi** about them the first time they saw necros . wink big grin

6 NECROS WOULD ABSORB FLOOD CUZ THEY CHANGE YOU AT THE GENETIC LEVEL flood couldnt do sh** about it laughing laughing laughing

7 necros were turnin the whole ship in to a gigant monster ..thats why
they didnt bother with the shuttle pods

8 flood zombie is killed by destroying the nerv system

( i love halo and stuff i watched halo legends but necros are alot cooler , and powerfoul so they would surely win ... )

9 in dead space its only hours after the infection...
wonder what it would be like in weeks or months O.o

10 maybe they would for an aliance ... maybe ... butnot likely

1. If they still have a spinal cord, it is still obviously vulnerable, the DNA change only comes from an infector so unless that infector is going to re-infect an flood infected necromorph don't expect a change.

2. Tell that to the Necromorph who got beaten to death in Downfall no expression, let's not forget the Flood are strong enough to send a spartan flying unless something else happened in the books, so that is enough strength to send something nearly half a ton flying, I'd so a hit from a Flood form would dismember a Necromorph and more.

3. Flood took over a ship, some Halos, and a planet. Your point?

4. The Flood are already smart enough to plot with the Gravemind or whatever its name is behind them.

5. Considering the frailty of the Necros, unless that ship is all grunts and jackals, the Necros will lose. Plasma weapons > Necromorph

6. Says who? Flood have already been stated to overwrite the body's DNA code and at a faster rate. You think the things they infect looked that way before?

7. Maybe I haven't played the game in awhile but what?

8. And as I said a Necromorph can be easily dismembered or punched in the face for a victory.

9. In Halo it is only minutes for a city to be decimated, imagine a hour.

10. No ermm

DarkC
Flood intelligence is so key because they are able to absorb knowledge from their hosts, this is why in-game they are able to do things like operate weaponry or even pilot ships or vehicles.

DaXter123
Originally posted by SpadeKing
1. If they still have a spinal cord, it is still obviously vulnerable, the DNA change only comes from an infector so unless that infector is going to re-infect an flood infected necromorph don't expect a change.

or vice versa .. the flood couldnt take over an necro infected body ^^
or if it could it would sill work vice versa ..

2. Tell that to the Necromorph who got beaten to death in Downfall no expression, let's not forget the Flood are strong enough to send a spartan flying unless something else happened in the books, so that is enough strength to send something nearly half a ton flying, I'd so a hit from a Flood form would dismember a Necromorph and more.
((((bye bye birdie .. but there are larger necros and the HUNTER))

3. Flood took over a ship, some Halos, and a planet. Your point?
over time necros would do the same ..... maybe evean more ..
cuz they make hell big creatures and were turning a ship in a gigatic transport monser whit their own eco system ..

but for now in concering flood win ^^

4. The Flood are already smart enough to plot with the Gravemind or whatever its name is behind them.

yea necros have that too ..
but are still in learning phase ..... only 5 to 10 hours since the FIRST ever infection ... the flood didnt become albert einsteins in 5 hours did they ........ ^^

5. Considering the frailty of the Necros, unless that ship is all grunts and jackals, the Necros will lose. Plasma weapons > Necromorph
( plasma gun and plasma cuter arnt the sam .. but similar and it would still take much longer for a plasma gun to compleatly discember a necro ) and lets not forget that its the first time covenant of flood encounter necromorphs and probobly necros would beat them ..

6. Says who? Flood have already been stated to overwrite the body's DNA code and at a faster rate. You think the things they infect looked that way before? (well the bodies in dead space turn in 10 secs to a point of no recodnition .. and infector can just put his pe*** thing into a flood and turn it ..... or in anoter scenario no one can turn eatchother
=
7. Maybe I haven't played the game in awhile but what? <<

yea . the bio thing growing around the whole ship its called CORUPTION i think , it built its own eco system and stuff ?? ... turning in to a gigant monster .. and they built hatching pods that would pump out necros .. no nead for bodies big grin ..

8. And as I said a Necromorph can be easily dismembered or punched in the face for a victory.( total disemberment for death.. the point of no movemant = death , and the remains are colected for that big as* thing that has armor resistand to plasma cutter ..
and i dont remember whats it called but the thingie witch just puts on giblets of bodies on itself and its realy hard to destroy , it looked like a head or somthin ; ) .. and merge animals and necros see what you get O.o

still has weak points wink

and the f-ing HUNTER hes IMORTAL ?? what about him ??

9. In Halo it is only minutes for a city to be decimated, imagine a hour.

In Halo it is only minutes for a city to be decimated, imagine a hour
( the ship is a size of continent so ther destruction rate is the same

and one qestion do the flood have to breathe ?? dont know that ..
and leviatan has materialised in 4 hours and its gigantic

and if isac didnt destroy the ship ... the whole thing would become a gigant necro whit its own eco system

hmmm you got good points too but they are exactly eveanly matched
i as last resort they would form an kind of saprofiti aliance or somthin
i dont know ... but they are both awsome and powerfoul

so i vote a tie

or ..... they kill eatch other and die and we stay happy big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

ArtificialGlory
Which ship is the size of a continent? The Ishimura? It's not even remotely close.

SpadeKing
1. Kind of the point except considering the Flood's strength compared to Isaac's the infector better hope it is dead before it even tries. Then there is always the Flood spore cloud that also kills and infects.
2. Show me a necromorph that weighs 1,000 lbs that isn't the hive mind or any of the other bosses, if any of them have a chance it is the Brute which might possibly weight more. Then again though there is always the flying Flood forms to deal with that no Necromorph can reach or the Flood Thrashers which are about the size of an elephant.
3. Of course the Flood win that, they destroy other alien races.
4. I'm siding with the side that already has the intelligence to destroy races with the technology of the Forerunners
5. You know those plasma guns actually can melt through the armor of Spartans? Spartan armor >>>>>>>>>>>> Necromorph flesh
6. Flood infection happens in less than 10 seconds and their infection forms seem a lot more effective aside from their endurance, but you never see an infection form get thrown off of their target, those things were strong enough to pierce Chief's armor.
7. Pretty sure the Flood do that to everyplace they take over ermm
8. That Necromorph that got punched by Samuel didn't get back up haermm
I'm positive that same slow hunter died right? I'm sure the Convenant plasma weapons or Sentinal beams will melt him quite nicely... again
9.What continent is that small??? Ishimura only held 1,332 people. It may be the size of a small town.

Aside from being in the more fun campaign game the Necros stand no chance.

Hollow102
Necromporh and flood fight

they combine

form super necroflood

we're all ****ed.

Nemesis X
I don't think Downfall should be considered canon. The fact that the Marker in the animated film kept Necromorphs at bay while it didn't do that in the game supports this. Necromorphs getting killed by being punched in the face is bull no expression

Zack Fair
Flood should take it without much trouble.

DarkC
The suggestion that biological tissue (any of it) is unaffected by superheated plasma in the manner in which it's portrayed in Halo is remarkably stupid.

XanatosForever
I suppose any developments from the sequel won't change the outcome of this match-up?

BalorC23
I would be a fool if I did not say this would be a matched fight, with that said, however, I would have to go with the Necromorphs for several reasons. The first is that while the Flood has a powerful rate of production, they are not proficient in their use of organic material. The Necromorphs use any and all organic material set infront of them, the Flood however can only take something that is, for the most part, undamaged. The second is that the necromorphs have a larger range of varity in its different forms especially now that it has added races to infect. The third is that the Necromorphs have fully mutated body parts, such as the grabber's elongated spine and its use of its intestines to hold a creature with its head. The fourth is that Hivemind has telepathic powers and can basically control other creatures than the rest of the Necromorphs aswel as the Necromorphs themselves. Then finally despite the fact the Flood and the Necromorphs are mostly alike, the Necromorphs not only use vast numbers, but they also use strategy instead of purely swarming the enemy.

DarkC
Originally posted by BalorC23
I would be a fool if I did not say this would be a matched fight, with that said, however, I would have to go with the Necromorphs for several reasons. The first is that while the Flood has a powerful rate of production, they are not proficient in their use of organic material. The Necromorphs use any and all organic material set infront of them, the Flood however can only take something that is, for the most part, undamaged. The second is that the necromorphs have a larger range of varity in its different forms especially now that it has added races to infect. The third is that the Necromorphs have fully mutated body parts, such as the grabber's elongated spine and its use of its intestines to hold a creature with its head. The fourth is that Hivemind has telepathic powers and can basically control other creatures than the rest of the Necromorphs aswel as the Necromorphs themselves. Then finally despite the fact the Flood and the Necromorphs are mostly alike, the Necromorphs not only use vast numbers, but they also use strategy instead of purely swarming the enemy.
I can easily tell that you've never played through Halo 3's campaign, at the very least not paying any attention to it.

BalorC23
Originally posted by DarkC
I can easily tell that you've never played through Halo 3's campaign, at the very least not paying any attention to it.

I have and I did, but I stick by my decision. However, I'm curious what you mean, explain please.

DarkC
I have and I did, but I stick by my decision. However, I'm curious what you mean, explain please.
Well, for starters you're already mistaking the sense of 'usage' when it comes to organic material - unless the Necromorphs metabolizes it startlingly fast, they're no better off than the Flood.

You compared the two and found that the two are alike, mostly because their fictional classification as a sentient species are identical, yet you still decide to try and separate the wheat from the chaff. That doesn't make sense.

Then for some reason you jump ships and start pointing out 'differences' between the Flood and Necromorphs - both are parasitic-based races, it's a given that infection/assimilation is a necessity in order for the species to persevere. Saying that is like measuring the content of rubber in a tire just to confirm you're looking at a car.

If you're referring to the whole gameplay mechanic in Halo of having to destroy corpses to avoid them 'resurrecting' from an Infection form and basing your observation of 'undamaged' tissue off of that, you're already behind.

Ditto with the Flood regarding the whole mutation. "Fully" mutated, what on Earth is that supposed to mean? It's either mutated or its not, there's no partial sense of the word - at least not in this case. While those abilities ou described are nice, the methods might be different but the end result is the same overall, the genetic structure of the host has been altered to enhance combat ability.

I also want to point out something here:

I don't understand you. Do you think Gravemind's precision Slipspace insertion of infested High Charity (by means of a within atmosphere jump) was blind rushing? Or a flip of some giant coin, perhaps, that he blundered across?

Remember, the Flood have the ability to assimilate knowledge - firing weaponry, driving vehicles, even piloting ships. All have been shown and demonstrated - in-game too, I might add. They do act like a swarm in close combat, yes, but only when the situation suits them.

If you had actually paid attention playing throughout the campaign, you wouldn't have said something like that.

BalorC23
Well first off I did say they were the alike and very much the same, but no two things are exactly alike. Also the Flood doesn't use all material, it does all go to the Gravemind sooner or later but it won't send an arm to chase after. The Necromorphs, however, will use any piece of organic material to kill you. When I said "fully" i probably should have used a better word, but what I was trying to imply is the extreme change in the infected body. The Flood is "fully" mutated but it is still for the most part its base creature. I have to be honest, though, I did forget about the infected ship in Halo. However, in a close fight no strategy. At least I never thought their attacks upon me as strategy and from the fact they could just about never kill me I would say their swarming never suited them yet it's what they did to try and kill me.

DarkC
Well first off I did say they were the alike and very much the same, but no two things are exactly alike. Also the Flood doesn't use all material, it does all go to the Gravemind sooner or later but it won't send an arm to chase after. The Necromorphs, however, will use any piece of organic material to kill you. When I said "fully" i probably should have used a better word, but what I was trying to imply is the extreme change in the infected body. The Flood is "fully" mutated but it is still for the most part its base creature. I have to be honest, though, I did forget about the infected ship in Halo. However, in a close fight no strategy. At least I never thought their attacks upon me as strategy and from the fact they could just about never kill me I would say their swarming never suited them yet it's what they did to try and kill me.
Exactly, but we're talking in very specific regards to either race; a direct confrontation between the two. If you look at the situation that way, differences between the two races in terms of ecology or function wouldn't be terribly significant.

I really find it hard to believe that the ability to reanimate something like a severed arm for the purpose of combat would be useful at all, the Flood just eat everything. They need it to keep functioning. What you're talking about with the Gravemind is the assimilation of knowledge, kind of like what happened with Keyes in the first Halo.

I also find it hard to believe that the close combat tactics employed by Necromorphs (playing dead, hunting in packs, using stealth) would have much of an effect on the way the Flood fight and reproduce. Playing dead is about the equivalent of pulling one's pants down and bending over, you'd have a swarm of infection forms all over you in an instant.

The Flood don't need strategy. It's not wired into their genetic structure as a result - they just feed infest and feed some more.

If you want to understand the scale of how fast and dangerous Flood reproduction is, skip to 2:25.

n8b6hcuppc0

BalorC23
The arm and stuff would be, personally the head that crawled was one of the only thing able to kill me, except the tri-pod and the ubermorph, but I was using the arm as an example of one the creatures. And with the strategy laying dead is not the only thing and would not be very effective against the Flood however they would also use decoys and things alike. Also I've seen the infection rate for both.

DarkC
The arm and stuff would be, personally the head that crawled was one of the only thing able to kill me, except the tri-pod and the ubermorph, but I was using the arm as an example of one the creatures. And with the strategy laying dead is not the only thing and would not be very effective against the Flood however they would also use decoys and things alike. Also I've seen the infection rate for both.
I understand that, and I am aware of their squad hunting tactics, bluffs, and intelligence regarding combat. However you need to understand that the Flood are, despite their ridiculous lack of cognitive brainpower, were in close quarters still able to overpower, for example, a squad of highly trained soldiers. That's just how fast they reproduce.

A mere HOURS from a big ship crashing into Mombasa, they flash vaporized the entire CONTINENT. That's how fast it spreads.

DarkC
Damn! It was a half a continent, wrong choice of words in my last post there. Oh well, still big.

SpadeKing
Is this still happening? The Necromorphs only stand a chance if all of their grunt forms are replaced by nothing weaker than their mini-bosses. Anything that hits hard enough to send a genetically modified super soldier in a half ton metal suit vs a Necromorph is easily winning the match with or without weapons.

BalorC23
I stick with the Necromorphs no matter their reproductive rate. And while I think the Master Chief is one of the most kick ass characters made I think I would still have more trouble fighting the Necromorphs as him then I ever did as the Flood with him.

DarkC
I stick with the Necromorphs no matter their reproductive rate. And while I think the Master Chief is one of the most kick ass characters made I think I would still have more trouble fighting the Necromorphs as him then I ever did as the Flood with him.
Considering he's human and works under regular logic and cognitive brainpower, that's a very ballpark statement when being compared to the Flood as an opponent. This is Flood vs Necromorphs, not Master Chief vs Necromorphs.

I must also add that Master Chief very nearly got taken out by ONE combat form and ONE Infection Form. And the combat form was using a WRENCH as a weapon.

XanatosForever
Would Necromorph Infectors be capable of mutating a defeated flood form? I'm assuming combat forms with this, and of course, can the same be done from Flood Infections to Necromorphs? Honestly, I think this might end up being a matter of which parasite out assimilates the other.

ares834
This silly thread is still going on... Flood stomp.

jumjumboi
The Necromorphs took out the whole Ishimura less than a day.

SpadeKing
Congrats, the Flood wiped out an advanced civilization, ravaged through a city quite easily, and continued fighting against multiple factions that included aliens that could easily wipe out the Necromorphs.

Point is?

XanatosForever
Space faring humanity is arguably advanced civilization, and comparing the amount of space the flood was able to affect compared to Necromorphs does seem a bit one sided when all they'd shown was a single colony and a (albeit rather large) space ship.

That being said, things don't look much better for the Necromorphs after part 2 since Isaac was there for quite a while, unless of course the mutations and infections didn't occur until just after the marker was activated, in which case it could be arguable that Necromorphs do mutate and comparable rate to the Flood.

Zack Fair
He is talking about the Forerunners, not humanity.

The Forunners >>>>>>>>> Covenant >>> Mankind tech wise

XanatosForever
I know he's talking about the Forerunners. I'm talking about humanity in the Dead Space fiction. With things like plasma based construction/medical tools that could also function as effective weapons in a crisis, time/space manipulation devices, and massive ships capable of breaking down entire celestial bodies to harvest minerals, I would hardly call humans in Dead Space low-tech. Humans in the Halo fiction hadn't even discovered plasma based technology until they met the Covenant, and were still mostly utilizing the same solid kinetic force of projectile weapons that's been part of human history for hundreds, or by their time line thousands, of years.

That's not to say Dead Space humanity can compare to Forerunner or even Covenant in terms of tech, but they're arguably the more advanced, at least compared to humanity in Halo, and with no hyper-advanced extraterrestrial civilizations in Dead Space, it's rather hard to put a decent comparison to how devastating the necromorph parasite can be.

SpadeKing
The only thing humanity in Halo may have on Dead Space is super soldiers and more than likely better military ships.

DarkC
Technology counts for nothing unless it can be used by someone, someone in this case a sentient living being capable of sustaining the flood.

TheLoneWanderer
But Technically the Flood can only take over the bodies of all sentient life. The Necromorphs can only take over humans, however the forms of necromorohs range in size of a baby to a segmented worm monster thats over 3 Kilometers long and took 20 years to form. The Gravemind in contrast can be killed and then re-established so long as the the flood has a surplus of bodies to throw into a new grave mind. the necromorphs changed the basic environment in less than 20 days by themselves. the flood can do that in 3-6 days. It's difficult to say would win. the Flood has advantages in the halo universe the the necromorphs don't. the same can be said about the necromorphs. If the two WERE to clash. I'd say they'd combine forces and forms. think about that!? The Hardy nature and versatility of the necromorphs with the strength and intellect of the flood. They would be UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!!
Thanks for hearin me out!!!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by TheLoneWanderer
The Necromorphs can only take over humans

The fish turned Necromorph in Dead Space Martyr says otherwise.

FinalAnswer
Why does this topic keep returning from the dead? no expression

Nemesis X
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Why does this topic keep returning from the dead? no expression

It's called reanimation.

itachiunloved
says its on easy mode it takes 1 hit to kill the flood and literally they fall to peices while the necromorphs it takes 10? 15? not to mention the necromorphs can block and while your stunned from the block attack u so i go with the necromorphs

FinalAnswer
No.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by itachiunloved
says its on easy mode it takes 1 hit to kill the flood and literally they fall to peices while the necromorphs it takes 10? 15? not to mention the necromorphs can block and while your stunned from the block attack u so i go with the necromorphs

BnUx5BtTEfg

Omnislash Kid
I stick with the Necromorphs no matter their reproductive rate. And while I think the Master Chief is one of the most kick ass characters made I think I would still have more trouble fighting the Necromorphs as him then I ever did as the Flood with him. so you admit to being bias? Listen, the flood take this. Reproduction rate is one of the most important concepts of this fight. They're parasites. Flood are SIGNIFICANTLY physically more powerful (being on par with Master Chief is a HUGE feat considering everything he's done in the games and novels), they reproduce more efficiently, use every bit of Bio matter, regardless of your beliefs, and are intelligent. As if their physical superiority wasn't enough, now they can use weapons. They have every advantage, and yet people still want to argue necromorphs. This baffles me.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I know he's talking about the Forerunners. I'm talking about humanity in the Dead Space fiction. With things like plasma based construction/medical tools that could also function as effective weapons in a crisis, time/space manipulation devices, and massive ships capable of breaking down entire celestial bodies to harvest minerals, I would hardly call humans in Dead Space low-tech. Humans in the Halo fiction hadn't even discovered plasma based technology until they met the Covenant, and were still mostly utilizing the same solid kinetic force of projectile weapons that's been part of human history for hundreds, or by their time line thousands, of years.

That's not to say Dead Space humanity can compare to Forerunner or even Covenant in terms of tech, but they're arguably the more advanced, at least compared to humanity in Halo, and with no hyper-advanced extraterrestrial civilizations in Dead Space, it's rather hard to put a decent comparison to how devastating the necromorph parasite can be. wrong. Humans couldn't control the trajectory of plasma like the Covenant could. We has plasma today, and Halo is years in the future. To say they don't have plasma technology is ignorant. Read Reach. It's said by the good doctor (can't remember where) that the covenant could make use of plasma weaponry more effectively. Nowhere have I read in any of the novels did it say it was new technology to the humans.

Edit: using phone so hard to see everything I type with effectively.

XanatosForever
Admittedly, I haven't kept up with all the details of Halo lore, and I can see that them having plasma wouldn't be out of the question, but like you quoted, they couldn't use it as effectively as humanity could. Are there any human demonstrations of plasma based weaponry?

INDICTtheMIASMA
The Necromorphs only mode of infection is a frail, dog sized bat which relies on thin flaps of skin both for transportation and its infection process. the flood infection forms are smaller and faster, there are much much more of them per group of flood than there are bats. they are just as frail but they can infect more quickly and their feelers are sharper than the necrobat proboscis. all that considered, the flood also have airborne spores.

also, the flood controlled vast fleets of interstellar warships, and the necromorphs couldn't even figure out how to get to the control room of the ishimura, let alone pilot it. the gravemind preformed an trans-galactic in atmosphere splispace jump, a precise application of the technology that even it's creators couldn't grasp.

FinalAnswer
Cool story bro.

Why would you bump this?

INDICTtheMIASMA
It's interesting.

SpadeKing
Stomps are not interesting ermm

INDICTtheMIASMA
I stumbled across this discussion and noticed that some people thought necromorphs could win. They were wrong.

The Scenario
This thread is harder to kill than the Flood and Necromorphs combined.

Why won't it die?

INDICTtheMIASMA
Why do you want it to die?
why do you have a vested interest in seeing it die?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by INDICTtheMIASMA
The Necromorphs only mode of infection is a frail, dog sized bat which relies on thin flaps of skin both for transportation and its infection process. the flood infection forms are smaller and faster, there are much much more of them per group of flood than there are bats. they are just as frail but they can infect more quickly and their feelers are sharper than the necrobat proboscis. all that considered, the flood also have airborne spores.

also, the flood controlled vast fleets of interstellar warships, and the necromorphs couldn't even figure out how to get to the control room of the ishimura, let alone pilot it. the gravemind preformed an trans-galactic in atmosphere splispace jump, a precise application of the technology that even it's creators couldn't grasp.

I'm sorry, but I have to correct this. The necromorph infection is not solely reliant on the vagina bats...er, I mean Infectors...to create new necromorphs. It's certainly the most direct method and fastest, but simply being within the the Corruption will eventually lead to transformation, albeit at a significantly slower rate. The Corruption holds all the capabilities of spawning necromorphs, but without dead human tissue it can't mutate Slashers.

RazRaptre
Some people are saying that the necromorphs couldnt show off their real power because they didnt escape off the Ishimura. Heres the thing, the Flood escaped from the control of a species a million times more advanced than humanity (talkin about the humans in dead space). The Necromorphs cant even escape from a human controlled ship (even though there are virtually NO humans onboard). The necromorphs infect only complete beings. The flood can infect anything, from rotting skin to a dinosaur. Also, I bet that simply nuking the Ishimura would be enough to kill off the necromorphs. THE FORERUNNERS HAD TO BLOW UP ENTIRE STAR SYSTEMS SIMPLY TO SLOW DOWN THE FLOOD. Even that wasnt enough to stop them, so they eradicated all life in the galaxy, depriving the Flood of their 'food'. Even then the flood wasnt destroyed. They simply hibernated.

XanatosForever
That's stupid, of course the necromorphs could (and did) escape the Ishimura. Hell, if you really want to get into it, you don't even need to have a corrupted environment to spawn necromorphs, since their base is written into every Marker that's brought into existence. Throw a Marker into a clean environment and guaranteed shit will go bad eventually.

Also, just because the word necro is somewhere in the title doesn't mean this needs to keep coming back to life. What was originally thought to possibly be a decent match-up was realized as a spite thread, so there's seriously no reason to continue any debate. I'm reporting this to the mods so they can just close it.

sparerEMPIRE
Flood can use any weapon from the halo serious. that includes spartan lasers (maybe....idk). soooooo....yeah I say the flood. plasma weapons would burn right through though those damn necro's.

BannannaSkittle
Ok so ive seen the arguement here that the Flood (kinda) beat the Forerunners, the most advanced race ever, so obviously they can beat the Necromorphs. Keep in mind that this was at the peak of the Floods power, they had numerous Graveminds, an army spaning the entire galaxy, and not to mention access to Forerunner knowledge and Weaponry. When the Halo nearly wipped them from the universe (save for those kept in research sites), this knowledge was lost. Now they only have one gravemind, and accumulated covenant and human knowledge. No where near as powerful as they once were, but still a nigh--unstopable beast. But then we have the necromorphs, and more specificly, creatures like the Tormentors, advanced brutes, and ubermorphs, things that can take an unbelieveable beating and keept coming at you. Not only would it be hard for any flood to even damage any of their weak spots, but they also have to deal with the sheer brute strength, and near invinciblity. You saw what that tormentor took, bullets from a gunship that shredded a shuttle in 3 seconds bounce right off it. You saw the ubermoorph, short of a mininuke wont kill it. You saw the advanced brute, that thing would tear you apart if you didnt have stasis. Ive seen a tank, a smack to the face with an energy sword takes it down easy. Plus with all the mutations Necromorphs go through, their spines are most likely something else, such as bone sycths or fingers, i doubt the Floods ability to infect them, while the Necromorphs, on the other hand, seeing as the flood are basicly dead aliens, could infect them and make a truely horrifying beast. Necromorphs win, not hands down, no, maybe even by the skin of their teeth, but a wins a win.

FinalAnswer
This thread:

ju4-bw3a48E

NemeBro
You know, the fact that this thread continues to implacably shamble on and seems incapable of dying sort of fits the theme of the two armies here.

Mr. hap:py
there is only THE gravemind. all graveminds have knowledge from previous ones regardless of their present state so the flood will hve the knowledge of all wars fought,all soldiers consumed and military tactics and strategy

Tzeentch._
no u

I'm sorry but what du u mean 'no u' Tzeentch?

Tzeentch._
no u

please put up a proper response with proper rebuttals or u will be ignored until u put up one

Tzeentch._
no u

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Mr. hapstick out tonguey
please put up a proper response with proper rebuttals or u will be ignored until u put up one

I can tell you're a newbie here on the internet so here's some advice: quit feeding the troll unless you want the attention. Also, no one will care if you ignore. If you do, you'll be labeled a sourpuss just like one of the other members on here.

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
no u

If you have the time to spam, maybe you can use that time to buy a headset for your Xbox like you should've done already, Blaxelfloss 131

Tzeentch._
no u

XanatosForever
No U

IfIDieIWasAFK
This is actually a close call. In infectious terms. If you read the books, which are more realistic than the games the halo forms take longer than 2 second to transform and the necros still take the same. The flood infect the human and grab control of the system then infects, some humans are "dis-tasteful" and the flood wouldn't take them over, first example Sgt. Johnson. The necros starts as a pink film that goes into the body, grows and the takes control in matter of seconds, but the marker stop the infection, winner necros, barely, for no immunity. Attacks. The necros attack by slashing at the enemy, charging, throwing ripping apart and a slasher will actually infect others by bite. Flood charges, swings, shoots, rams. Flood win but only if the find the way to kil the necro fast enough. Defense, the necro doesn't die without losing large masses of body tissue, in time it doesn't actually die but shuts down and if another slasher come over it can form a larger necro. Flood controlled by a spore in the chest, if hit hard enough the spore will pop and shutdown the host until another spore comes by, at which time the necro would have bitten the flood infecting it. Close one may not have a clear winner. Breeds. Necros infect every living thing while the flood only infect large semi-intelligent. the necros will be able to create more and new necros with already dead ones, including the spider that isn't in the games. While the flood take long amounts of time to evolve, yes read the books its not 2 seconds. based on games the flood would win, but indef the necros have a chance of winning. Anyone who says stuff about the foreunners being wiped out and the flood surviving and how the necros didn't do anything is plain retarded, firstly the flood survived because there where sub-spore samples on each installation, ring, and Guilty Spark installation 4's manager released some because he grew bored. The necros didn't do anything because they were stuck on the ship, and the whole flood knows how to pilot ships and the know what they consume stuff is stupid because if you played the first halo that bubble that you find captain Keyes in, is what needs to be done to learn from the host, which takes time depending on how resilient the host is, plus in Halo 4 and the books the librarian even says the Flood only consumes LIVING tissue. so in the end the winner is close and my hand goes on the necromorph becasue all the needs to happen is that the flood need to get a small amount of the necromorph bacteria inside of it to turn into one, if the spore is inside one the necros would grow an immunity to it because it knows how it function and is no longer a foreign matter.

DiamondMinerDJC
Flood Types:
Gravemind
Proto-Gravemind
Prophet Form
Juggernaut Form (cut)
Pure Form
Stalker Form
Ranged Form
Tank Form
Infector Form (cut)
Transport Form (cut)
Stealth Form (cut)
Combat Form
Human Combat Form
Sangheili Combat Form
Jiralhanae Combat Form
Kig-yar Combat Form
Unggoy Combat Form
Active Camouflage Combat Form
Carrier Form
Infection Form
Necromorph Types:
Slasher: Standard necromorph. Walks around on two legs, with big blade arms growing out of its back/human arms.

Lurker: The baby enemy that grows tentacles and shoots little missile things at you. Likes to stand on walls.

Tripod: The huge enemy you fight early on- the first boss, if you will. Body appears to be made out of many corpses put together. Has two arms and an elonganated torso, no legs. When you blow off one arm, it attacks you with its tongue, which appears to have a baby fused into the middle of it (it's a weak point).

Cyst: Little sack of flesh stuck to the wall/ceiling. When you get too close, it launches a little explosive pod into the air, which you can catch with telekinesis and throw at other enemies.

Puker: Tall enemy, no jaw. Looks kind of like a Slasher sans slashing parts (no arm blades). It vomits projectiles that slow you down at long range, and if you get close it vomits a continuous stream at you. No fun at all.

Lurker: These guys almost always come in two or more, and seem to be based off the raptors in Jurassic Park. They hide behind obstacles in the environment, shout and click at each other, then scream and run straight at you. You'll occasionally see one with one or both legs blown off, and they'll crawl at you alarmingly quickly with their three-clawed hands.

Pack: These look like they used to be toddlers, and they come in huge numbers. They drop in one hit, but there's always more behind the one you dropped. They just scream and charge you head-on, like the lurkers, but dumber.

Guardian: This dude is fused onto the wall, with his abdomen ripped open. Tentacles come out of his gaping torso wound and attach to the wall around him (...why?), and if you get too close, one will rip off your head. He moans and groans and sounds like he's generally not feeling too great, and occasionally sends out teeny tiny pods that grow a single tentacle that shoot missiles at you (kind of like a stationary lurker).

Crawler: This is another baby necromorph, but this one has an inflamed, yellow body. If it gets too close, it explodes. Yay.

Brute: This dude looks like a big gorilla. He walks around mostly on his two huge, bulky front arms, and has two little wussy-looking legs behind him. He rushes at you and knocks you flying pretty well, but if you blow off one of his arms, he opens up his vajayjay and launches explosive pods at you (PROTIP: Catch 'em with telekinesis and throw 'em back at him!)

Enemies I don't know the name of:
The slasher/puker hybrid enemy
The enemy that is just the top half of a dude, runs around on its hands on the walls/floor and hits you with its tail (Leaper? Scorpion?)
The dude with the explosive flesh sack on its arm
The manta ray thing that turns corpses into necromorphs
The giant flesh sack you fight in zero-G rooms. It opens up and has three big nasty yellow arms and launches little barbed flesh-squids at you
The big fat thing that slices itself open and lets out a bunch of creepy-crawlies
The creepy-crawlies mentioned above
The tall, lanky dude that turns into a bunch of little baby tentacle monsters when you kill it
The little baby tentacle monsters mentioned above
(that's not all)
Then there's the 15 + NEW shit added in Dead Space 3, so i'd put my money on the Necromorphs if i were you.

honguqia
let's see how things turn up..http://hornt.computerxray.com/01.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/02.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/03.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/04.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/05.jpg

FinalAnswer
http://oi42.tinypic.com/30t52bq.jpg

DiamondMinerDJC
And let's not forget the Brethren Moons now, eh?

Tzeentch._
Flood stomp.

iG x Proto
I will do this on a 1v1 basis

floodling vs swarmer

floodlings require a central nervous system and a mostly intact body

swarmers can infect a body in a much worse condition

marker signal vs flood spores

flood spores need to travel like a cloud

marker signal is instantaneous

slasher vs combat form

slasher has blades and only dies once its limbs have cut off

combat forms have whips which I doubt can cut limbs

brethren moons vs gravemind

gravemind is capable of speaking telepathically and is immensely intelligent

brethren moons are also capable of telepathy but also influence peoples decisions to the point of controlling them

brute vs tank form

the brute is much larger and it is safe to say stronger

the tank form aw **** that he's squished dude

lurker vs ranged form

lurker is tiny and not as durable as other necromorphs it can fire three spikes at a time to attack

ranged form is larger and slightly more durable and has rapid fire attack

so I think I've made my point that most necromorph forms are better and they have far more forms than flood do

additionally people that say that flood wins cos they wield guns well thanks to creepers necros can too now

And flood don't win because they wiped out the most advanced race in the galaxy. dead space 3 told us that for all we know humanity is the only race that hasn't been devoured by the brethren moons

also flood were beaten by one supersoldier. the necromorph moons are currently wiping out humanity from existence as seen in dead space 3 DLC

so yeah i think necro's win

NemeBro
Oh my God it never dies. It shambles on like some nameless, implacable horror from outer space.

FinalAnswer
http://s29.postimg.org/l8sck7hdh/1407989503605.gif

SpadeKing
Originally posted by NemeBro
Oh my God it never dies. It shambles on like some nameless, implacable horror from outer space.

That means I must return to defend my side of the argument again!

Flood stomps... The end.

Spawningpool
Necromorphs easily win this necromorphs are much tougher than floods

FinalAnswer
God****ingdamnit

God Cloth Seiya
WTF???

Flood murderstomps.

Master Chief > Issac

SpadeKing
Originally posted by NemeBro
Oh my God it never dies. It shambles on like some nameless, implacable horror from outer space. Originally posted by FinalAnswer
God****ingdamnit
xRQcNbmJ_q0

Spawningpool
It will not show me the vid what is it?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>