ARES(marvel) VS colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
ARES is armed with sword and axe can he beat colossus?

if so can he take on both the thing and colossus in a second fight?

for third fight can a armed Ares defeat an unarmed herc?

carver9
It would be a good fight but I'm giving this to ares almost every time. He's going to have to work for it though.

Wild Shadow
i dont see why he would need to work for it.

Ambient
Takin Colossus side..

KingD19
He would need to work for it, because Colossus is an accomplished fighter in his own right, and he's high class 100, while Ares is class 70.

Wild Shadow
but ares is armed.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by KingD19
He would need to work for it, because Colossus is an accomplished fighter in his own right, and he's high class 100, while Ares is class 70.

Ares is a class 100. I mean, he's gone toe to toe with Herc w/o weapons and the fight wasn't one sided.

Also, Colossus being an accomplished fighter won't help one bit. I mean, he's fighting the God of War. Ares has been fighting for the better part of 5000 years.

KingD19
No, Ares is Class 70, look it up.

AlmightyKfish
No, Ares is Class 70, look it up.

Despite his on panel feats vs class 100's such as Herc?

KingD19
Colossus was class 70 and takin on Sasquatch, who was actually in Tanaraq's body, which made him class 100, which is why he threw a DC-10 with no effort.

He was also class 70 when he fought Juggernaut for the 1st or 2nd time. Your point?

SuperiorTech
Didn't Colossus also fight Gladiator and Hulk when he was class 70

KingD19
I'm not sure if he fought before or after his upgrade by Magneto, but he did indeed fight Gladiator, and during the Gladiator fight, they were hitting each other so hard the buildings around them were collapsing.

Can't remember when he fought Hulk though, if he did at all.
The only Hulk fights I can remember is the newest one, and the one against WWH.

Hewhoknowsall
It's so funny that in marvel the "gods" are so much weaker than what you'd except "gods" to be except for guys like Zeus and Odin; in Greek mythology, is Zeus THAT much stronger than Ares?

-K-M-
Colossus was class 70 and takin on Sasquatch, who was actually in Tanaraq's body, which made him class 100, which is why he threw a DC-10 with no effort.

Wasn't Tanraq's true body, and regardless Colossus was getting treated like a child in that fight at most all Colossus did was a judo toss, which Walter quickly got up from confused

He was class 70, but he really didn't do good

KingD19
In Greek Mythos, Zeus is the skyfather, he's the god of gods, he's stronger than all of them by leaps and bounds. Just like Hercules is the physically strongest demi-god period.

In the comics, Zeus is about class 90, Hercules is class 100, and Ares, Pluto/Hades, and Poseidon are class 70. All the other Greek gods are at differing levels lower than that.

And it was Tanaraq's true body, it just wasn't Tanaraq's consciousness, the point I was making is that even a Class 70 can take on a class 100, like when Ares fought Hercules. I bet you current Sasquatch(Class 70-75), can't touch Colossus.

When he fought Juggernaut, he said that Pete had a mean right, which meant he felt the blow when he got hit.

Hewhoknowsall
In Greek Mythos, Zeus is the skyfather, he's the god of gods, he's stronger than all of them by leaps and bounds. Just like Hercules is the physically strongest demi-god period.

In the comics, Zeus is about class 90, Hercules is class 100, and Ares, Pluto/Hades, and Poseidon are class 70. All the other Greek gods are at differing levels lower than that.

And it was Tanaraq's true body, it just wasn't Tanaraq's consciousness, the point I was making is that even a Class 70 can take on a class 100, like when Ares fought Hercules. I bet you current Sasquatch(Class 70-75), can't touch Colossus.

When he fought Juggernaut, he said that Pete had a mean right, which meant he felt the blow when he got hit.

But the thing is, Zeus only became ruler and not Hades/Poseidon because they drew lots and he got lucky. So why is he leaps and bounds above them?

Mindset
Well Zeus is the reason his brothers are around anyway, he freed them from Cronus.

KingD19
In Marvel, I'm guessing whoever heads a particular pantheon gets a power boost to go with the position, which is why with the norse gods we had Odinforce, and now Thorforce.

I was talking about Greek Mythology, in which Zeus' dad was Cronos, the lord and most powerful of the Titans, he ate all his kids, but his wife didn't want him to eat Zeus, so she switched him with a bunch of rocks, and hid him until he was grown and strong enough to free his fellow Gods from confinement and cast down the Titans. The reason Greek Zeus is stronger is more than likely because he actively trained to get stronger, while the others were just surviving in Cronos' belly.

ExodusCloak
So far Pak and Bendis have written Ares like a blithering ass who just bull rushes into fights. I hope Fraction changes that but as far as tactics go he's mostly been shown as nothing but a hot headed moron. Which shouldn't be for the God of War (Granted he's not a real God but still).

And his strength fluctuates greatly.

KingD19
True it fluctuates thanks to his godly powers and writing, but he's always starting class 70. And I think when they made him the god of war, it wasn't, the tactical god of war, it was the, I'm gonna whoop your ass until you give up, die, or I get tired and go home, god of war. The DC Ares is much more meticulous.

ExodusCloak
True it fluctuates thanks to his godly powers and writing, but he's always starting class 70. And I think when they made him the god of war, it wasn't, the tactical god of war, it was the, I'm gonna whoop your ass until you give up, die, or I get tired and go home, god of war. The DC Ares is much more meticulous.

Hmm maybe, but Bendis just had Norman praising Ares tactical skills in the last issue of Dark Avengers IRRC but he still writes him as an oaf.

KingD19
Well praising his skills, and showing them are two different things my friend. I could say Marvel Ares is a military/tactical genius, but until he does something other than rush head first into battle, ready to bash someones face in, then he's just making me a liar.

ExodusCloak
Well praising his skills, and showing them are two different things my friend. I could say Marvel Ares is a military/tactical genius, but until he does something other than rush head first into battle, ready to bash someones face in, then he's just making me a liar.

That's kind of my point. I was agreeing stick out tongue

Was just wondering whether Bendis did that intentionally or not.

KingD19
I know, I just felt like writing that out. ^_^

-K-M-

Ummmm...no. Tanaraq's true body as we have seen is HUNDREDS of feet tall, they assumed it was his true body but it wasn't. They even assumed they killed Tanaraq, but they didn't. Walter has always been listed as class 70-75 in the handbooks and has never been listed class 100 and you would be wrong.

KingD19
So a class 75 Sasquatch picked up a 250 ton DC-10 and tossed it?

And all the great beasts have the ability to change their height, which is why when the Great Beasts were seen, they were at differing heights, which is also why Tanaraq in Exiles in only about 8-9 feet tall.

-K-M-
So a class 75 Sasquatch picked up a 250 ton DC-10 and tossed it?

And all the great beasts have the ability to change their height, which is why when the Great Beasts were seen, they were at differing heights, which is also why Tanaraq in Exiles in only about 8-9 feet tall.

Correct, officially Walter is merely class 70 when he did that feat. Don't use handbooks stats as facts

Once again no, basically every time we see the Beasts on Earth its avatars they have created of themselves and not the real version which remain in the Realm of the Beasts. The Great Beasts use Walter as a gateway, he isn't Tanaraq's true body but an avatar for him. When Walter died all that happened was Tanaraq's avatar dying, but the real Tanaraq remained in the Realm of the Beasts. Exact same thing happened with Tundra in Alpha FLight #1, and his avatar died as well but the real Tundra remained in the realm of the beasts. They even directly reference that what they fought was not the real Tundra.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
Correct, officially Walter is merely class 70 when he did that feat.

so it was PIS then

KingD19
I'm not using handbook stats, I'm saying that he was in Tanaraq's body, whether it was merely an avatar or not, it still had sufficient strength to lob a 250 ton plane with no effort, which meant it was far past the 70 ton mark.

And there is no way to truly kill a Great Beast, their body could simply rematerialize in their own realm.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
so it was PIS then

What? Seriously stop talking

I'm not using handbook stats, I'm saying that he was in Tanaraq's body, whether it was merely an avatar or not, it still had sufficient strength to lob a 250 ton plane with no effort, which meant it was far past the 70 ton mark.

And there is no way to truly kill a Great Beast, their body could simply rematerialize in their own realm.

More a general comment to people who were using handbook stats in this thread. It was definetly used as an avatar, he even did the same thing to Snowbird too.

Except for it has been stated directly the beasts that have appared on the Earth are AVATARS and not the true form of the beasts. It was stated multiple times the were not the real Beasts

KingD19
Are you talking about how Snowbird was afraid to use Tanaraq's form because his consciousness might take her over? And then it eventually did, or got very close.

Starscream M
What? Seriously stop talking

don't be so dismisive Mungi. if a class 70 character lifts over 250 tons, that's PIS in my book.

-K-M-
Are you talking about how Snowbird was afraid to use Tanaraq's form because his consciousness might take her over? And then it eventually did, or got very close.

Yes, as noted Tanaraq used her as an avatar just like what happened to Walter. Both of the bodies were destroyed, while the real Tanaraq sat in the Realm of the Beasts. Even the other Beasts that were summoned by Pestilence were later to be stated just to be avatars and not the real Beasts either.

-K-M-
don't be so dismisive Mungi. if a class 70 character lifts over 250 tons, that's PIS in my book.

Ummm...no, handbooks do not outweigh the actual comics. Also as shown with many cases the handbooks don't match up with what happens in the comics and often have inaccuracies.

So once again you show you don't know what your talking about erm

KingD19
You're right, so I concede that part of my argument, but unless Ares' weapons are the ones made of Adamantine, and forged by Hephaestus, he doesn't stand a chance.

But I am keeping to saying that Walter, being an avatar of Tanaraq, gave him strength far above class 70, whether it was his true body or not.

-K-M-
But I am keeping to saying that Walter, being an avatar of Tanaraq, gave him strength far above class 70, whether it was his true body or not.

thumb up

Starscream M
So once again you show you don't know what your talking about erm

That was a mistake on my behalf, sorry about that.

-K-M-
ummmm...ok? Seriously can you contribute anything worth while to this board?

Starscream M
ummmm...ok? Seriously can you contribute anything worth while to this board? I do contribute, damn you!!!

KingD19
He contributes as much to this board as Starscream contributed to the Decepticon cause.

Badabing
ummmm...ok? Seriously can you contribute anything worth while to this board? Originally posted by Starscream M
I do contribute, damn you!!! dur

Wild Shadow
You're right, so I concede that part of my argument, but unless Ares' weapons are the ones made of Adamantine, and forged by Hephaestus, he doesn't stand a chance.

of course his weapons are adamantine. why would they be otherwise? if they were something else they just shatter. miffed

KingD19
Not all of them are adamantine, only the two.

Wild Shadow
just his axe and sword that were mention in the beginning.

guy222
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4930/darkavengers05dtsmeganpn.th.jpg

stick out tongue

Colossus-Big C
so a class 70 sasquach lifted the 250 ton weight?
stupid hanbooks, if anything ares feats put him at cass 100

parashute
Ares snaps colossus arms

Lord Feron
If the Weapons can cut him nicely then He wins but i honestly don't know how C body will hold up.

Stoic
Colossus rips him in half. evil face

Colossus-Big C
if ares is class 70 though he ist hurting colossus unless he has weapons
its been shown that class 80 and less cant hurt colossus
rock slide for instance has repeatly tried to harm colossus and failed miserably even while taking free shots rock slide broke his own arm

OneDumbG0
Ares > Colossus. Not a question.

Starscream M
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Ares > Colossus. Not a question. um based on what?

colossus is stronger and more durable

amnesia
^ um... Based on what?

Starscream M
Originally posted by amnesia
^ um... Based on what? colossus is a CL100

ares is not

colossus is basically pierce resistant and can take huge punishment

ares can be cut or pierced more easily and he gets KOed easier

The Nuul
Ares wouldnt last two seconds vs WWH and Colossus did.

OneDumbG0
Ares > Colossus. Not a question. If anybody thinks that the humored WWH that took on the X-Men was anywhere near as angry as he was when he took on the Avengers is fooling themselves. WWH just took on Iron Man in his Hulkbuster armor and had been napalmed, reminding him of Caiera. He was frothing at the mouth.

Anybody that uses those respective performances as a measure of how Ares and Colossus compares isn't accounting for the circumstances. Rather, what you ought to be doing... is recognize how Ares did against bloodlusted Thor and bloodlusted Sentry. And try and imagine how Colossus would have fared in those situations.

Starscream M
so you have no argument. figures.

amnesia
ODG always have an argument. Unlike certain peak humans.

OneDumbG0
so you have no argument. figures. In addition to imagining how Colossus would do against bloodlusted Thor and bloodlusted Sentry, try imagining how Colossus would do against immortal Hercules. For your reference, Ares fought Hercules in Incredible Hercules.

Galan007
so you have no argument. figures. Yeah, typical ODG. excellent

Starscream M
In addition to imagining how Colossus would do against bloodlusted Thor and bloodlusted Sentry, try imagining how Colossus would do against immortal Hercules. For your reference, Ares fought Hercules in Incredible Hercules. do you not accept that based on average of showings...Colossus is both stronger and more durable than Ares?

OneDumbG0
^ Based on an average of showings, Ares takes on bloodlusted Thor, immortal Hercules, Mikaboshi, X-Man, Skaar, Hela-empowered Danielle Moonstar, bloodlusted Sentry, etc. Colossus is more durable to piercing damage which doesn't mean crap here. I'd place Ares' strength over Colossus'. Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, typical ODG. excellent durhulk

Starscream M
I'd place Ares' strength over Colossus'. seriously?

ares trains with weights in Captain America's gym (prob a coupla thousand pounds). Colossus trains at thing's gym (so weights in the range of over 80 tons).

They're not even in the same weight class imo.

OneDumbG0
seriously?

ares trains with weights in Captain America's gym (prob a coupla thousand pounds). Colossus trains at thing's gym (so weights in the range of over 80 tons).

They're not even in the same weight class imo. Yes.

Ares also fights immortal Hercules, Mikaboshi, Thor, Sentry, X-Man, Skaar, A-Bomb, etc.

No. They're not.

Colossus-Big C
based on feats ares is a class 100
i dont see any class 70 take more than one punch from a warrior madness thor (10x strength) better yet through back punches

Starscream M
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
based on feats ares is a class 100
i dont see any class 70 take more than one punch from a warrior madness thor (10x strength) better yet through back punches if taking punches is an indication of strength (it's not) then Logan is class 100 too!

Starscream M

Ares also fights immortal Hercules, Mikaboshi, Thor, Sentry, X-Man, Skaar, A-Bomb, etc.

So does Wolverine. Point?

OneDumbG0
^ Point is that Wolverine never fought immortal Hercules. Point is Wolverine never fought Mikaboshi. Point is Wolverine never fought Shaman Nate (AFAIK). Point is Wolverine never fought A-Bomb. Point is Wolverine didn't fight so much as actually got curbstomped by Thor, Sentry, and Skaar.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, I'd say Ares has grown beyond Colossus at this point. It started during the 90's and Oeming further shaped out Ares in his mini. He really started to shine right around the Dark Avengers era.

I thought it was obvious Ares was a powerhouse above the capabilities of the X-men to handle with Namor and the telepaths busy.

His lowest showing since the 2000's would have to be being taken out in one hit by Green Scar. He was treated as random goon #48.

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, I'd say Ares has grown beyond Colossus at this point. It started during the 90's and Oeming further shaped out Ares in his mini. He really started to shine right around the Dark Avengers era.

I thought it was obvious Ares was a powerhouse above the capabilities of the X-men to handle with Namor and the telepaths busy.

His lowest showing since the 2000's would have to be being taken out in one hit by Green Scar. He was treated as random goon #48.

Yeah, but is a fine thread between Wonderman/Namor/Colossus, obviously there is still a gulf between them but I don't think I would place Ares much higher. He's fine, he was hyped but he got handled many times as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.