Paula Murray...Journalistic hack scum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
This is a story which hasn't really taken off due to the fact that the press have a tendancy to bury stories which make themselves look like the disgusting opportunistic hacks that they frequently are.

It all started a week ago when Paula Murray got her 1st Sunday front page article when she decided that on the 13th anniversary of the Dunblane school massacre. That she would write an article attacking the survivors for their supposedly shameful behaviour and allegedly sullys the memory of those who died.

Now you may be thinking to yourself "what could these people have done that means they have disgracfully dishonoured their former classmates who were gunned down by Thomas Hamilton when they were 5 years old?"

Well...If you've done the maths you'd realise that those 5 year old are now 18 and in the view of the press they are now cannon fodder for their every indiscretion.

So here's the list of their sins which apparently makes them front page worthy evil bastards from hell and as bad as, for example, THE MAN WHO TRIED TO KILL THEM WHEN THEY WERE FIVE YEARS OLD.

They...shock horror...have sex...and they....OMG....get drunk.

Apparently this is unacceptable behaviour for 18 year olds...at least according to Paula Murray.

So how did she gather this information on the boys and girls who survived the UK's worst school shooting massacre?

Did she employ great sleuth like detective and investigative journalism?...No...she befriended them on facebook, bebo and myspace and used their personal social networking profiles to oust them as the evil and disgusting pigs they evidently are.

The irony?...Would anyone like to see some pictures from Paula Murray's own facebook page?

http://www.bloggerheads.com/archives/2009/03/paula_murray_drinks.asp

So the gist of it. Paula Murray makes the front page of a national sunday newspaper by writing a story about some kids who survived an ordeal that noone should ever have to go through...and who had the audacity to grow up and do things that every other teenager does. Then has the nerve to claim that they are shaming the names of THEIR FRIENDS who were killed in the massacre.

You should take the time to read through both her original article which can be found below.

http://www.apathysketchpad.com/blog/wp-content/dunblane-express-rant.txt

as well as the response to it posted above and see for yourselves the blatent and disgusting hypocrisy of this woman.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, journalists are evil. We should get rid of those bastards.

Robtard
I'd head-butt her in the ****, if I had the chance.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, journalists are evil. We should get rid of those bastards.

IMO, we should decimate the journalist population. 1/10, to maintain order.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
I think the Jaden's point is that she used the teenage shenanigans of a select few teenagers as a springboard to write some story from a supposed moral high-ground.

-What makes their teen drinking and sexual escapades any different from other teens?

-More importantly, who in the **** cares if a bunch of teens are drinking and ****ing?

It's the fact that she decided to attack this particular bunch of kids and tried to make it seems as if their actions somehow disgrace the names of their own friends whom they watched get shot and killed by a gun weilding paedophile maniac when they were 5 years old.

How dare they not live the rest of their lives quietly cowering in a corner? How dare they have the audacity to grow up and try things which every teenager tries.

Murray even gives away her true reasons for writing the article in the 1st place when she said they were "sheltered from the press for over a decade". So now that they're adults it's time for our press to attack them as if they are somehow guilty of a crime simply because they were protected from press intrusion for 13 years.

It's not even what she did that's offensive. It's the laziness of her so called journalism. Using social networking sites and trawling them for out-of-context pictures and flipant remarks about drinking or having sex and trying to imply that these kids are somehow abhorent and vile people for daring to do these things despite them being legally allowed to do both at 18.

It's a blatent example of ill-judged, opportunistic trash journalism at it's worst. No doubt she'll do the same in another 13 years when Jade Goody's sons are photographed getting drunk and she'll say they are disgracing their mother's name.

Robtard
Oh, I know and I'm sure Symmetrical Chaos knows too, tis why I edited out my redundant response.

Has she received any backlash from the community?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jaden101
Murray even gives away her true reasons for writing the article in the 1st place when she said they were "sheltered from the press for over a decade". So now that they're adults it's time for our press to attack them as if they are somehow guilty of a crime simply because they were protected from press intrusion for 13 years.

That strikes me as far more disturbing that the decision to attack them. Privacy should be held in much higher esteem than that.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard

Has she received any backlash from the community?

There's so far over 9000 names on a petition to have her sacked.

Her editor has actually had the audacity to play the victim in the whole scenario and is threatening "further action" against the people who's blogs have led the criticism against both Murray and her editor who allowed the publication of the article.

shiv
no talent individual

Bardock42
Indeed. If you got no talent you can always tap into controversy, eh?

Anyways, hope that petition garners some momentum...I find such idiocy sickening.

Bardock42
Also...

Originally posted by jaden101
... over 9000 ...

lol

botankus
If think I were 18 and survived something like that, I'd probably have a different outlook on life.
If I were only 5, probably not.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
If think I were 18 and survived something like that, I'd probably have a different outlook on life.
If I were only 5, probably not.

Yeah, but my different outlook would probably be to go out and **** and smoke and drink as much as possible, cause **** it...some weirdo might come any second and blow my brains out.

chithappens
Originally posted by Bardock42
Also...

lol

For context smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.