Eternity vs. Solar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Who takes it?

D_Dude1210
Solar goes mega reality-swallowing black hole and swallows up Eternity. He's done it before. ;P

This doesn't means Solar is more powerful than Eternity. Just that Eternity is vulnerable to the nature of one of Solar's abilities.

Knowsbleed33
Eternity.

iceman24567
Solar ftw

occultdestroyer
Solar
Dude is like Molecule Man on roids lol

Knowsbleed33
Actually the reverse is true.

D_Dude1210
Solar swallows realities whenever he throws a temper tantrum.

Eternity = living embodiment of reality.

Solar eats reality, thus eats Eternity.

Enyalus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Solar swallows realities whenever he throws a temper tantrum.

Eternity = living embodiment of reality.

Solar eats reality, thus eats Eternity.

...Probably. I think Eternity's more powerful, but meh.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Enyalus
...Probably. I think Eternity's more powerful, but meh.

I also believe he is more powerful. I consider Solar to be an insect compared to Eternity. But an insect with a very venomous sting that can kill you in one shot. smile

complexbrother
so many people over estimate chareters abilties on this forum that it makes the forum itself laughable. Solar have never swallowed an entire reality b4. Eternity wins this one but Solar is hugely powerful. I belive some people don't have a grasp on who the chareters are or what they are. there shouldn't be more than 3-4 people in DC or Marvel combined who should be able to beat eternity .

Enyalus
Originally posted by complexbrother
so many people over estimate chareters abilties on this forum that it makes the forum itself laughable. Solar have never swallowed an entire reality b4. Eternity wins this one but Solar is hugely powerful. I belive some people don't have a grasp on who the chareters are or what they are. there shouldn't be more than 3-4 people in DC or Marvel combined who should be able to beat eternity .

Except Solar isn't from DC or Marvel.

And yeah, he accidentally created a black hole which swallowed his home universe.

D_Dude1210
Except Solar isn't from DC or Marvel.

And yeah, he accidentally created a black hole which swallowed his home universe.

Twice.

id369
For those who doubt Solar power. Or view him as a Universal Force.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9181/deathmateepiloguepg19sh.th.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9181/deathmateepiloguepg19sh.jpg

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by complexbrother
Looks like you know nothing about Solar

Galan007
Solar. srsly

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
Solar. srsly

Fanboy.

dur

Galan007
Fanboy.

dur stick out tongue

Srsly though, all I see Eternity doing here is throwing a fit about some random variable (such as Solar's power,) like he normally does.

thumb down

id369
Originally posted by Galan007
stick out tongue

Srsly though, all I see Eternity doing here is throwing a fit about some random variable (such as Solar's power,) like he normally does.

thumb down No he will be rendered in a comatose state. And when he comes to his senses, ***** at the LT for permitting his loss.

iceman24567
Originally posted by id369
No he will be rendered in a comatose state. And when he comes to his senses, ***** at the LT for permitting his loss. laughing

Mr Master
Eternity FTW.

Solar gets crushed between Eternity's index finger and thumb,
or Eternity bitchslaps him with a hand full of entire UniverseS,
or Eternity .... bah, the options are endless.

guy222
Marvel has portrayed Eternity as a jobber

Very powerful

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
Eternity FTW.

Solar gets crushed between Eternity's index finger and thumb,
or Eternity bitchslaps him with a hand full of entire UniverseS,
or Eternity .... bah, the options are endless. facepalm

Utrigita
Solar for the win.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Actually the reverse is true.
Of course, according to Marvel fans
ka-dur

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Of course, according to Marvel fans
ka-dur

Solar never did anything remotely close to Molecule Man.

D_Dude1210

Have you read Solar at all? :O

Knowsbleed33
I've read everything he's ever been in.

Enyalus
Have you read Solar at all? :O
I've read everything he's ever been in.
I can testify to that. I remember months ago when you said you were on issue 10 and continuing. smile

D_Dude1210

So swallowing realities is nothing remotely close to what MM can do? sad

Knowsbleed33
Indeed, he never did anything on panel that comes close to matching what the Molecule Man has done.

Enyalus

MM has warped the multiverse.

Solar's powerful. Definitely. And he's kinda like MM...just to a lesser extent.

Knowsbleed33

I can think of 2 MM feats that trump that one by a considerable margin.

D_Dude1210
Well, I never said he was equal to PR MM, just said that saying "he's done nothing even remotely close" is not accurate either...

D_Dude1210
This debate is about Eternity vs Solar. The nature of Solar's abilities kinda pwn Eternity.

Solar wins.

Knowsbleed33
You do realize that Solar inadvertantly destroyed his reality right?

D_Dude1210
You do realize that Solar inadvertantly destroyed his reality right?

The first time yes.

This happens when he loses control of his powers. :-/ w/c shows that he has to keep in control of his power at all times or BAM! no more reality.

In Deathmate, he did it at will.

Knowsbleed33
1 reality. Toward the end of Solar V1 (#49) Seleski says himself he doesn't even have the power to create a planet out of nothingness.

Solar is indeed powerful, but not on this scale.

D_Dude1210
Sigh. You're not listening. This isn't about who is more powerful. It's about Solar's powerset and how it affects Eternity.

Solar goes reality-swallowing mode and eats Eternity.

Do you have any argument that supports otherwise?

Knowsbleed33
There's a no PIS/CIS rule on these boards my friend. I'm not going to assume that just because Eternity has been written as a jobber in the past that he's just going to lay down and let himself get consumed by a black hole.

D_Dude1210
There's a no PIS/CIS rule on these boards my friend. I'm not going to assume that just because Eternity has been written as a jobber in the past that he's just going to lay down and let himself get consumed by a black hole.

As powerful as he is, he hasn't really shown any ability that lets him negate any reality-destroying effects. Unless you got scans showing this?

Knowsbleed33
As powerful as Solar is he never once battles a being of Eternity's level.

D_Dude1210
Eternity is the embodiment of reality.

Solar's eaten reality a few times. :-/ What's so hard to grasp about this?

Knowsbleed33
He destroyed realities that obviously lacked the ability to defend themselves.

What's so hard to grasp about this?

D_Dude1210
He destroyed realities that obviously lacked the ability to defend themselves.

What's so hard to grasp about this?

The fact that I have feats that Solar can consume realities in his reality while you have no feats that show Eternity stopping any reality-consuming effects in his?

Knowsbleed33
Again, Universes that obviously can't defend themselves.

D_Dude1210
Again, Universes that obviously can't defend themselves.

Hmm. Good point... I'm sure you have countless scans and feats of Eternity defending himself against universe-swallowing effects to prove this point right?

Knowsbleed33
I would if there were a time when Eternity was in danger of being consumed by a black hole.

D_Dude1210
Meaning:
You: no feats. Me: with feats.

concession accepted.

Utrigita
Wasn't Eternity like everybody else totally powerless against the black hole that Maelstrom created? It was iirc going to destroy the entire universe = Eternity.

Knowsbleed33
Meaning:
You: no feats. Me: with feats.

concession accepted.

Let's put this into perspective. You believe Solar wins because he consumed a universe with a black hole yes? A universe that, unlike Eternity, had no way to defend itself. That means you believe Solar will consume Eternity and Eternity can do nothing to stop it?

id369

Knowsbleed33
How do you guys envision this fight taking place? Are you imagining Solar within Eternity and consuming him from the inside out or are you imagining it the way I am where we have 2 beings facing off against one another from opposites sides of the arena?

D_Dude1210
Let's put this into perspective. You believe Solar wins because he consumed a universe with a black hole yes?

Not just a universe. But yes.

A universe that, unlike Eternity, had no way to defend itself. That means you believe Solar will consume Eternity and Eternity can do nothing to stop it?

I've yet to see Eternity defend himself from universe-swallowing effects.

Knowsbleed33
Eternity is more than "just" a universe. Let's not go off half cocked.

D_Dude1210
Eternity is more than "just" a universe. Let's not go off half cocked.

Never said he was.

I meant that Solar didn't swallow just swallow his universe. He consumed the whole reality. He's also caused 2 realities to warp together (via Deathmate).

D_Dude1210
Basically, we disagree on 2 pts.

We both agree that Solar can swallow realities. I'm sure.

We disagree on whether or not Eternity can fight off the effects.

I state that Eternity has never showed any feats that allowed him to fight off these effects.

You disagree.

I would be more inclined to agree if feats were shown.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Utrigita
Wasn't Eternity like everybody else totally powerless against the black hole that Maelstrom created? It was iirc going to destroy the entire universe = Eternity.

yes Eternity nor Infinity could do anything about it.

IMO Maelstrom during that arc was stronger than Solar, but w/e.

guy222
Quasar seems to have his number

The only problem with Eternity is Marvel's portrayed him as a jobber

I know he's recreated Earth, but look at his last appearance....superheroes had to save him. WTF

Be reading Solar soon. Soon many others to enjoy big grin

Galan007
Yeah, Solar ftw.

Originally posted by Utrigita
Wasn't Eternity like everybody else totally powerless against the black hole that Maelstrom created? It was iirc going to destroy the entire universe = Eternity. thumb up

id369
Well I think somewhat brought up, that despite being within Solar capability to destroy two multi-verse. Because he never fought anyone of Eternity caliber it does not say much.

Let me inverse that statement, who has Eternity fought and beaten of Solar Caliber?

Galan007
I'd also like to throw something out there..

Here, Eternity throws a tantrum, which destroys a world:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1567937_t1.jpg

What's interesting is, per Thanos /w/ Heart, that little display = "all the righteous fury Eternity could muster."

Point: Solar is not so easily destroyed as a planet. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.